Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released

117. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Apr 16, 2015, 03:39 Vall Forran

Not that anyone is ever gonna read this again, because "rage @ other games!", but I found the workaround to the bug. It's your boots. Once you get boots with +speed, it fucks your party up. The guy moving slowly? Open inventory, unequip his boots, then re-equip them. Go back to the game and slow guy will be fixed. Until it happens again. Stupid bug.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book

24. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 14, 2015, 21:27 Vall Forran

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 04:21:
Boss fights. See, ya lost me right there.

Don't be such a hardass. The original Deus Ex had boss fights. That was why I lugged around a fucking rocket launcher. That MIB mofo exploded so sweetly. And, how is Gunthar not a boss fight? Sure, there's a talky way to bypass him (literally)...but it's still a boss fight.

116. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Apr 14, 2015, 01:16 Vall Forran

WTF. I missed some quests, but as I was despairing that I'd be underleveled...I found the beauty of the warden lodge. I started bounty hunting. I did 8 hunts and gained two levels from that...bringing me from 9 to 11. Awesome.

However, what the fuck. Now my rogue runs like the flash even in stealth. Edar, is a fucking retard now. In stealth, he is so slow that I can't even use him. I have to do encounters by just running in with everyone. My rogue runs 3 times faster than everyone else, while Edar runs (Ha!), well, like he's stuck in quicksand.

This bug sucks. I don't even know what triggered it. On the forums it says something about the bounties borking your characters. The hell? How is that even a possible bug? Turn in a bounty and your party starts running at different speeds?

Oh Obsidian...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours

26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 17:51 Vall Forran

The only "speed run" I ever did was on Goldeneye on n64 in high school. You had to beat every level in a certain amount of time and accomplish several things along the way. The factory level was insane, you had to beat it in less than two minutes which meant literally running past every enemy and taking constant machine gun fire. When I finally beat that mission, it was one of the greatest video game feelings in my life.

Goddamn, that game was awesome. (Yes, this was before I had access to a pc. College changed my life.)

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours

16. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 14:35 Vall Forran

Task wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:15:
Dacron wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:07:
Morrowind 3:41 speedrun

Stunned

The fuck?!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic

28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 18:57 Vall Forran

They did the same thing with the original DE:HR cinematics. This did seem to be over the top; I don't ever recall doing barrel rolls over riot geared cops then launching my arm blades as projectiles into their necks.

That being said...I now feel like doing a lethal run through, something I've tried, but the guilt of murdering AI security guards doing their jobs made me revert back. Those bitches that threatened to kill my pilot, though. Those assholes ALL died.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic

26. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 17:42 Vall Forran

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 13:09:
Looks fantastic. I need to go play through HR again before this hits. Haven't played the Director's Cut version yet. Didn't they add some ways to avoid the boss fights?

Late to the party...but the director's cut adds some extra terrain to the fight. The first boss fight, now, you can climb into some air ducts where the guy can't shoot you. I think there are hacker terminals where you can sabatoge the environment to kill him without having to engage him.

I still recall the fight against the cyborg chick still the hardest in the game.

But, no, you can't avoid them. They just adjusted the scenes to not be such a clusterfuck.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 Expansion Next Month

5. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Expansion Next Month Apr 8, 2015, 17:38 Vall Forran

I'm curious as to why this game is so popular, but for the same reason Elite is derided...

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed

3. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 18:48 Vall Forran

Maybe while you play through the 100+ hour game, dying over and over, they'll be working on making said expansions?

Doesn't seem like a ripoff to me...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed

3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 18:46 Vall Forran

I can't believe it's been four years since DE:HR was released. Loved the game, beat it a bunch of different times. They need to work on the ending though. I hate it when games provide the ultimate ending choice...by pressing one of three buttons.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow

15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 20:46 Vall Forran

I didn't know about the map change requirement. I see how that can be troublesome for a scripted encounter...  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on Steam

8. Re: Elite: Dangerous on Steam Apr 2, 2015, 19:35 Vall Forran

I saw this yesterday and also thought it was an April's fool joke.  

12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 19:01 Vall Forran

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:35:
I am stuck on the last boss and can't beat him with my first party.. huh. I wonder if I can still change difficulty......

You should be able to, as long as you're not playing iron man mode, or whatever the one death game over setting is.

7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 18:04 Vall Forran

It's only been one week? I've already dropped 40 hours into it.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats

29. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 20:19 Vall Forran

Huh, I haven't come across any bugs yet. The main one was when my router went down for an hour and win 8.1 would not log in because ALWAYS online.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length

49. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 19:12 Vall Forran

I built a new computer for this game. I cannot wait.

It needs to be challenged. Pillars of Eternity and Elite: Dangerous are not exactly the most punishing mistresses.

115. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 29, 2015, 22:24 Vall Forran

This game is so much fun. I love the quests. Sure, you go through the typical places, but the writing is so good! I'm blundering along having a great time. It feels like playing a book (a good thing, imo).

114. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 23:04 Vall Forran

Thanks for the tip about using bows! It makes a huge difference to whittle down the enemies health while they charge you.

I'm so used to D&D rules where if you don't have proficiency to use a weapon, you miss 99% of the time. This game doesn't seem to have that, instead the weapon proficiency is an upgrade to make you even more awesome with a certain weapon. At least, that's been my experience. The rogue abilities work with both the melee AND bow. Brilliant!

It's a bit nuts, but my rogue looks like a nazgul (but I'm super chaotic good). I have a flail with an ice enchantment and a dagger with a fire one. Top that off with a gnarly helmet (that pretty much would make me blind in real life) that gives me a huge perception bonus.

108. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 01:49 Vall Forran

Thanks for all the helpful links and tips! You know who you are! <3

106. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 01:27 Vall Forran

Also to point out... I love how your weapons are equipped on your visible character. My fighters and rogue have bows on their back when using the other weapon set. So simple, but so cool.  

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >