Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released

28. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 18:04 Vall Forran

They fixed the flight tutorial at least. Missiles still suck, but at least they reload to infinity so you don't get blocked from progressing further.

The flight controls are absolutely insane...in a good way (I think). I have track IR and I pressed a random button and somehow my targeting reticle became attached to where I was actually looking. It made it impossible to target well and I couldn't figure out how to set it back, but the option alone is kind of neat.

...servers are still full.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released

18. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 16:38 Vall Forran

Servers full, please come back later. :\ I just wanted to walk around and look at the scenery.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released

25. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 16:58 Vall Forran

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 15:48:
So I started this last night,

Made a dwarf fighter (probably a boring choice).

Anyways, So this is what I learned:
-Your attribute designation is permanent throughout the game. There's no real WRONG choices but you should choose wisely.
-HARD difficulty affects how many rests you get.
-You probably can't beat that bear at the start that the guy talks to you about.

What I'd like to know is how big of a difference deflection/reflex and willpower really does..

Eff that bear! I had to make a point to murder that jerk many levels later.

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds

58. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 17:55 Vall Forran

Have you ever been involved in a project with 12 "supervisors"?

It's a nightmare. Blue, Yellow, Green...they have you running every-which-way...it's impossible to please anyone. You run 40 versions where a single producer would only require a couple.

What happens when you have "X hundreds"? How would you expect that to be sustainable? Enter Chris Roberts...

edit: by "supervisors" I meant donors. They have no say in the game except for screaming loudly.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2015, 18:01.

57. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 17:50 Vall Forran

If you had a company that took 3 years! to make a buggy unplayable mess of a demo, you'd be fired. There are several levels with hard container boundaries. Say what? Controller configs don't work? That requires the most technical minds on the planet, so I understand why that's not done.

I bought two ships. So I've spent about $120. I really regret that. However, like you said, this game is what all of us want. I have hope. If the game ever releases, I will start with the two most basic ships for free! ...which probably will be free upon "release".

Though, I don't see how you get an image of a guy not slowing sinking into a pile of shit.

54. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 17:35 Vall Forran

In a way, I feel bad for them. I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed with impossible vfx tasks.

But, on the other hand, fuck them with a dull rake.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House

26. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 18:56 Vall Forran

I think they have messed up in their dev strategy. They have splintered into modules...building a new studio (most in a different country? wtf is that about), rather that just focusing on one thing at a time.

Jesus, I'm just trying to playfully build a "level", where you walk around a spaceship in a hangar. It's so easy to get sidetracked to make intricate models, textures, characters, without even having a basic blueprint for your main idea. I imagine it's what vid game devs tell students over and over, KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

I don't think CIG understands.

News Comments > Seven Announced

19. Re: Seven Announced Aug 17, 2015, 20:38 Vall Forran

MajorD wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 17:19:
Speaking of Thief, have you seen the latest HD texture mod for the original Thief Series (1 & 2) by Bentraxx?

I played Thief 1 with it, but haven't gotten to II yet. It is pretty darn impressive and worth another play through with it installed.

Enjoy Taffers!!!

Cool! I bought the thief package a while back, but it's so hideously outdated I couldn't play past the first 15 minutes.

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown

139. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 13, 2015, 17:51 Vall Forran

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:30:
Vall Forran wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 20:39:
It's even worse. After lock and launch, the missile loses lock almost immediately. You watch them just fly into the beyond. The missiles never really get close to the target.

So, kind of mimicking reality then. In 'Nam, the Sparrow had a kill rate of about 13%, and the Sidewinder was even lower. Hey Chris Roberts said he was going for realism, and now you're complaining?

I know this was in jest, but the tutorial has a 0.00% of your missile hitting said target. This being tested whilst having matched speed and being directly behind the drone.

The missile literally is broken on a programming level.

Edit:
I think it's working on the normal pvp/pve encounters. I just can't understand why it's broken on the tutorial.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access

32. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 14:13 Vall Forran

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 13:29:
I am glad they open it up for everyone for free. That way everyone can check it out without dropping a dime for it.

I just realized this was the case. No wonder the internet is blowing up.

4. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 19:23 Vall Forran

Sounds like after you register, you get access to all of the ships.  

2. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 17:45 Vall Forran

Stay away! ...though I think they finally fixed the throttle stick controlling yaw by default.  

126. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 10, 2015, 20:39 Vall Forran

It's even worse. After lock and launch, the missile loses lock almost immediately. You watch them just fly into the beyond. The missiles never really get close to the target. Check out the forums...the consensus is that the combat training is "beyond broken".

The whole targeting thing (among almost everything else) is super clunky. It drives me nuts that it's easier to play a "hard core space sim" with a mouse than with a joystick.

123. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 10, 2015, 20:21 Vall Forran

Maybe CIG can offer their ship models to the public and we can make our own space game using Unity or Unreal 4?

Fuck, honestly, they should sell said models to the asset stores and make money that way... That's at least viable, considering all they do (reliably) is model ships.

I installed the latest patch. There's flight training now. On the Basic combat portion, you get to a part to launch missiles at a severely crippled drone. Thing is, no missiles will hit, they lose lock immediately after launch. Then, you run out of missiles and are gated from continuing. Oh, the patch (which required a complete re-install of 32-odd-gb) -- it's main note I saw was, will automatically reload missiles if you run out on training mission to prevent gated progress. Nope, doesn't work, missiles still don't hit (and I was point blank behind the drone) and won't reload. You are just stuck with your asshole instructor just yelling at you.

Elite was frustrating to learn, but every time I messed up it was my own fault. Except for assholes ramming me. Ehem.

The game is so scatter-brained they can't even get a simple training sequence working.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced

33. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 19:07 Vall Forran

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 15:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 14:46:
I much prefer ED flight model to SC.
SC just makes me frustrated and it feels like I am controlling a freecam not a space ship.

Ditto. ED feels like flying a ship, SC feels like a space turret blackout simulator. To each their own.

+1

I quite like the slow yaw in ED. It's like precision aim. The ships also feel as if they have mass, unlike the arcade-y feel to SC and the X games.

I hate how SC makes you install the ENTIRE game every single patch. Takes ages. And then, there are some ridiculously stupid bindings you have to fix. I quit in disgust one night because my ship was spinning in circles. Turns out, the "roll" binding was bound to my throttle stick. Genius...that's the typical setup for hotas...

I'm not sold on the planetary landing thing. I thought they were going to have you be able to dock and then leave your ship and walk around...more to just get out of the ship. But that would require a fps mode which is outside of FD's scope. The whole mako thing seems like a stop-gap measure. Power play wasn't very well received...it's kind of why I don't play much anymore.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patch Notes

5. Re: The Witcher III Patch Notes Jul 31, 2015, 20:34 Vall Forran

Ya, I had both. Didn't work out so well...  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Event Next Weekend

1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Event Next Weekend Jul 31, 2015, 17:42 Vall Forran

I'd play this game if they didn't have a habit of banning every dormant account. The process to reactivate isn't worth it, unless someone proves that this expansion is AMAZING.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming

24. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 20:09 Vall Forran

I will give you that. I used fast attacks most of the time. I used strong ones just because I felt when I staggered someone, I should whack them.

I forget which game, but one of them you had to use fast attacks vs drowners, etc...and strong ones vs others. Not sure why they changed it. Possibly from the new skill tree? (which is impossible to level out both unless you focus solely on combat)

Otherwise, I would actually say that Dark Souls is the closest in combat to the Witcher.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming

19. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 19:30 Vall Forran

I don't get the complaints. You guys want it to be like batman/assassin's creed where you can simply press a counter button to win?

There were a few frustrating parts, until I learned how to utilize the whole beast journal telling me exactly how to beat said creature.

What game has this advanced combat mechanic that you speak of? Just curious...

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added

12. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 20:19 Vall Forran

I loved this game. Played it through about 5 times. I still have the discs and tried again...this game aged badly!

Is this just more levels, or did they just render shitty graphics at 5k (which makes no sense)?

Edit:
Seems like the same game with bullshit added trying to make people re-buy it.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >