Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Styx: Shards Of Darkness Delay; Trailer

2. Re: Styx: Shards Of Darkness Delay; Trailer Oct 7, 2016, 04:25 Vall Forran

Actually, it's a massive change.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer

2. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 6, 2016, 16:56 Vall Forran

This looks so good! Reminds me I need to finish the second part to the Witches DLC.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Specs

18. Re: Gears of War 4 Specs Oct 5, 2016, 17:17 Vall Forran

Silvanus wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 15:34:
Well if you buy this as a digital title from the Microsoft store. You get a Xbox one and PC version, This is a play anywhere title.

Cool, I didn't know that.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits

9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 2, 2016, 17:06 Vall Forran

I noticed some upgrade wonky-ness the other night. I shut down the computer then, the next morning, noticed it hadn't shut down and just popped back on at the login screen. Other than that, I didn't notice anything different.

Windows 8 was a nightmare for me. Half of my comps wouldn't get a clean install of it, so I kept having to go back to win7. Windows 10 has been pretty awesome for me... other than Saitek took way too long to get proper drivers out.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2016, 00:18 Vall Forran

The statement follows by asking the community opinion and will not be implemented for at least six months. Not like they are nuking everyone outright...  

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 19, 2016, 23:25 Vall Forran

When you launch the game, there are options for 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows, so they got it right. I think you are nitpicking at the press abbreviating.  

13. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 19, 2016, 23:14 Vall Forran

Yeah, and you buy the game...there's no subscription.

Win10 upgrade is free, no? Not seeing an issue except to make the devs lives a bit easier.

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online

23. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Sep 19, 2016, 04:53 Vall Forran

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:35:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 13:44:
Limited free to play:
-Most likely no cyno skills
-no transport skills
-no marketing/trade skills.
The above only affects us bitter veterans who wanted free accounts to move around the map easier

Meaning it's meant for people to get into the game, can do most things very well and effectively. It might actually generate more players in eve actually and give us bitter veterans more conflict and things to shoot at. So this could be a great time for Eve

They used to let you play for two weeks as a trial. It was good to figure out whether it was for you or not. I did four freebies in a row.

Also, I've heard that people can essentially play for free by selling ISK? Is that partly driving this?

I joined the penny arcade guild for a bit. They told me to get out to them...deep in 0 sec space, or whatever you call it. It was harrowing, but I made it. Some dude gave be several billion in credits to spend on upgrades. No biggie. Seems the people in that game are beyond rich.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous

1181. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Sep 15, 2016, 01:35 Vall Forran

I guess if you dogfight and get into circle strafing, that could be bad. But, if you do that in Elite, you'll die before you get motion sickness.

Eve: Valkyrie makes me sick, I'm working up my tolerance. But there's no refined flight mechanic, there's not even throttle just boost and brake. That leads to circle strafing enemies, flying through buildings, and madly looking around where the guy is that's shooting you. That's how one gets sick.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous

1180. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Sep 15, 2016, 01:09 Vall Forran

Quboid wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 19:02:
How is it with VR? Can you play for long sessions?

Yes! It's rated "Intense", but of the VR games I have it's the least nauseating...as in none.

My main gripe is that there's so much text and after awhile, it gets blurry. There used to be an outside app that would sharpen the text to fix this, but recent updates have killed the compatibility. It's kind of funny, my only solution so far is to actually lean in closer to the panel like you would in real life. Others have found changing the UI color to a cool blue instead of orange makes it easier to read.

The blur isn't that bad...I didn't even really notice it until a few weeks later. I was too busy looking at my virtual avatar controlling the joystick in-concert with my motions.

Flying an Anaconda through the mail slot is waaaaay easier in VR.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

47. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 00:16 Vall Forran

So, what'd I miss?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12

29. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 9, 2016, 19:59 Vall Forran

Anyone else notice that David Sarif's voice is off? It's like they replaced him with the most silly sounding voice actor I've ever heard of. Other than that and the weird lip syncing, this game is amaze-balls.

Edit: grammar.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale

18. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 23:59 Vall Forran

And, this is my obligatory post, if you like fsp2, get diaspora. It's a total conversion, easy .exe/.msi install .. no hunting weird things down like to get fsp2 working.

Edit: It's a battlestar galactica conversion. It's awesome. Those that want more Freespace 2 look no further.

12. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 23:04 Vall Forran

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 22:58:
NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 21:55:
Please sell Freespace to someone

this!!

Freespace 2 was an AMAZING game. The multiplayer missions were so fucking good too.

They did, no? I thought I remember someone buying it. Maybe I'm dreaming.

Edit: the borderlands guys bought it yah? The ones who bought duke nukem.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2016, 23:15.

11. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 23:00 Vall Forran

I have strike suit zero, but it got crazy hard (yeah, I am terrible) so I couldn't continue past the 2-3 mission.

I'm in love with Rogue System. I'm totally copying it as a dev project, just started thinking that the internal systems are much harder than just having a ship fly a mission. Feature creep already...!

8. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 22:12 Vall Forran

I'm curious. Been playing with the ue4 editor for awhile now...and the space flight sim game is *there*. Why has no one done anything? If you think of Freespace, it's rather simple, linear missions. Having the systems in place just strikes me as odd that no one has done anything.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer

7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 21:55 Vall Forran

Ew. This has a very Teen Titans Go vibe. That show is awesome, by the way, but it should never cross paths with Mass Effect.  

4. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 21:50 Vall Forran

Fuck Clayfighter. I remember that game when I was a kid. That was one of my first experiences of a bad game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?

87. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 6, 2016, 22:50 Vall Forran

Reading the words, "feature locked," makes me happy.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

93. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2016, 22:58 Vall Forran

They seem to be making progress on SC. It seems significant patches come out every few weeks with more and more systems. Yeah, I know the "game" has yet to come out (in any of its fractured parts), but it's hardly vaporware.  

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >