Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June

12. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 17:02 Vall Forran

Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:55:
Rutger Hauer is doing the voice over. He's basically giving a version of his "I've seen things" speech. Cool

Hahaha! "Like tears in the rain..."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha

65. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 17:53 Vall Forran

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:38:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:14:
I don't even know wtf you guys are arguing about anymore... Metaphor tangents, yay!
Guy is complaining about Elite doesn't have offline single player mode, even though Frontier said in the kickstarter campaign that it would have that.
They cut it out the last minute for whatever reason.
Because of that Elite didn't deliver on promises.
I called bullshit on his assessment and now everyone is upset. Especially the troll

Ok, I missed that. We also ruined this conversation six months ago. Trolls indeed.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday

26. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 17:38 Vall Forran

I'll pick this up (again) at some point. But, the witcher dlc and gw2 HoT, not seeing it happening soon. Also, subnautica is amazing. Too many games!  

63. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 17:14 Vall Forran

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 14:35:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 19:35:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:23:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 09:04:
I love it when people talk about ELite Dangerous not delivering because one thing they've promised was cut. Nevermind about everything else. Some of you guys need a serious reality check.
Or just quit this whole gaming as a hobby thing because it is clearly not for you. Try bingo or chess or some shit like that.

I tell you I'm going out to get a mushroom, pepper, and sausage pizza, and you give me $10. And I bring back a mushroom and pepper pizza with no sausage, you'd be fine with that? And if you complain, I can tell you I delivered everything else so shut your pizza piehole? And just quit this whole pizza-eating thing because it's not for you? Try a Hot Pocket or Pop Tart or some shit like that?
So you missed the sausage, damn that means the pizza was not delivered at all.

Again I find it interesting that you also complain about ELite yet you do not own it, or plan to buy it.
But hey don't let me stop you complaining about it cuz why not.

Do I think Elite devs should have delivered everything they've promised, sure they should have but just because one thing got cut it doesn't mean the game didn't deliver like some suggests.

We'll see if the other space sim dev will "deliver" on every single thing they've promised.

I don't own it, but do plan on getting it once ORCV1 is release. I've said that before. That being said, if it had launched with SP, I would have bought it last spring.

Regardless, the point isn't whether I own it or plan to, but the logical fallacy. You guys are acting like it's no big deal, and I'm trying to point out that it is. You're literally saying, "Stop complaining, you got your pizza didn't you?"

I don't even know wtf you guys are arguing about anymore... Metaphor tangents, yay!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday

15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 22:20 Vall Forran

I never had any issues with this game. New pc ftw?  

21. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 20:24 Vall Forran

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:59:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:52:
loomy wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:35:
both games are utterly incomplete

Nah elite delivered what it promised - an updated version of the classic. It even tacked on some multiplayer.

In terms of Elite vs Elite Dangerous it's a huge leap forward and a complete update of the original game.

Unfortunately gamers expect way more these days - but ED did deliver what was promised for me.

Oh so offline play and an editor are available now? Oh wait...

Get over yourself.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches

30. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 17:27 Vall Forran

I think their economics are doing just fine.  

28. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 17:02 Vall Forran

Yet you spent 70 hours on it. Call of Duty charges you $60 for a 4 hour campaign, plus multiplayer.

It's fine if it's not your type of game. But, seriously, no one in their right mind can say this game doesn't have content worth $50. If you can't see that, well...impasse.

16. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 13:13 Vall Forran

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:00:
What kills me on going back to mmo's after a long time off them... I feel lost and helplessly behind even in a sideways progression game like GW2. Because there are always secrets(tm).

I got back into the game about two months ago after a year off. I was totally lost for a bit, but you get the hang of it again. I'm almost done crafting my ascended armor for my guard. Just the helmet left!

And no one does Halloween like GW2.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer

8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Oct 23, 2015, 12:40 Vall Forran

I love the art style and general clutter/dirtiness/atmosphere the areas have. My only issue with the HR was the boss fights (duh) and the press a button to choose the final outcome of the game (which harkens back to the original DX). Hopefully, they figure out a more interesting way to end the game.

I play ghost stealth, so the only time in DX:HR I ever used the typhoon explosives was on one of the bastard bosses I was having trouble killing. I think I met one person who actually played the game violently...and he only did so because he messed up at the very beginning and everything went to hell -- so he took it all the way through to the end.

The embedded emp knockout blast looks interesting though! But I'd bet that it's like in HR, you can use the ability once then it depletes your batteries completely. I seriously doubt you can rapid fire that stuff.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 12:14 Vall Forran

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:21:
ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! And here is our middle finger to you! We'll give the base game FOR FREE to our new fans! And we won't even offer a rebate on the expansion to our veterans. How do you like that?"

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"

Because paying $50 for a game with free content included with no sub fee -- not to mention it's been out for 3.5 years -- isn't value enough? Rolleyes

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update

138. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 21, 2015, 17:39 Vall Forran

Nucas wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 17:23:
all this just makes me remember how derek smart was talking about trying to purchase the FreeSpace license when the publisher went belly up. thank fuck that never happened.

God yes. Fuck that guy. I love how his tumblr page touts how his game is better in every regard to SC. Then, go to steam and look at the reviews, "Mostly negative". People can't log in, and after weeks of trying they crash. Glitches galore.

But, Derek Smart! What a clown.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

63. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 03:32 Vall Forran

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:26:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:00:
Did the new season of Rebels start?

Last week, I think (not counting the "movie")? Second episode should be tomorrow or Thur, can't remember. I stream them from disneyxd on the weekends (until they're available on disc).

Thanks nin! You made my kids very happy. I, um, supervised the episode.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 20, 2015, 23:40 Vall Forran

I agree. Was fun for a few hours, then I realized it's a Battlefield game. That's cool, but not my type of game in my old age.  

57. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 21:00 Vall Forran

Did the new season of Rebels start?  

51. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 17:54 Vall Forran

Kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 17:43:
Ecthelion wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 16:28:
That being said, I see several people going for 3D. I thought everybody hated that fad?

I would definitely choose 2D. But the hype surrounding this film is palpable. I didn't have time to be picky. The 3D showing was the only ticket I could get. I wasn't concerned with 2D or 3D on 12/17 @ 7pm. I quickly picked whatever was available quickly. I plan on seeing it again in 2D on Friday morning (12/18). Hopefully everybody will be at work and I can sneak in a 2D showing without problems.

The Martian is amazing in 3d. There should be a fine print line for each movie saying, "This film was entirely shot/created in 3d." or "This film had several shots in 3d, the rest is a post-process conversion."

49. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 17:32 Vall Forran

Kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 17:30:
BobBob wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:49:
PTO for a movie?!?

PTO = Travel to real places or doing something extraordinary IMHO.

People take PTO off to play a video game on launch day? So what can't I take PTO off to marathon watch Episode 4, 5, and 6.

I also took 12/18 off so that I can see the first showing Friday morning. I don't believe many people will tickets for that time shot. It's going to be a regular work day for many so there's chance I can get in an early showing without issue.

Don't often agree with Kxmode, but I wholeheartedly support him in this move.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 17:23 Vall Forran

Ecthelion wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 16:28:
BobBob wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:49:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:36:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
7:00 PM | Thursday, December 17, 2015
RealD 3D

Almost fell out of my chair. Did not believe I would get one.

I put in my PTO request for 12/17 and 12/18. Star Wars weekend!

PTO for a movie?!?

PTO = Travel to real places or doing something extraordinary IMHO.

Seeing a Star Wars movie in the theater IS doing something extraordinary.

That being said, I see several people going for 3D. I thought everybody hated that fad? Anyway, I checked my area and the closest theaters are about an hour away. I don't really feel like braving Washington DC traffic for that. I think I'll chance it in my local theater when they go on sale (most likely for same day tickets), and of course I will go with glorious 2D. I probably won't get the first showing but if it's that weekend I'll still be happy.

I'd advise against seeing it in 3d. We are not rendering it in stereo, so it's just going to be a shitty 2d conversion. And then you'll pay the 3d surcharge...

80. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:48 Vall Forran

Krael wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:27:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:18:
You realize that DCS is not fun right? It's neat and Cool but anything that takes 11 minutes to just undock is a fucking chore.

You realize that your idea of 'fun' and someone else's aren't necessarily the same right?

I don't presume to preach to you about what is, and is not 'fun', I'd recommend you do the same unless your goal is to just troll (if that's the case, I guess that's 'fun').

Totally. Get over yourself Tipsy.

60. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 15:09 Vall Forran

Krael wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 14:43:
Tumbler wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 13:33:
I want to be able to just walk up to my ship and take off, no loading, no selecting a ship and level in a menu, just let me explore the world/ universe.

I also want the flight model to be a lot more interesting to use. It's a fucking joke currently but the tweaks it needs sound like little things we'd normally see right at the end of development. I know they have bigger problems to solve but I'd really like them to tweak the thruster values so the ships feel like they have some weight to them when turning and changing course.

I haven't tried it yet personally, but 'Rogue System' might be more up your alley. I'm picking it up tonight to check it out. It unfortunately had it's kickstarter right when Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen did, so got lost in the shuffle (because it's just 1 guy doing it).

Think of it like the DCS games as far as fidelity and interaction with the ship, but in space (if you're into that, which I am)

11 minute startup/undocking sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSLhRTnAtk

And the game's site:
http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/

And only $10 to try it out, and that $10 gets you a $10 credit on the final when it comes out apparently.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled circlejerk

Wow! I never even heard of that game. I wish the outside looked as cool as the inside.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >