Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for August

Real Name August   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vall Forran
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2009, 04:29
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 55306

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week

8. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 14:05 Vall Forran

This looks really fun! Time to dust off the ships...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews

3. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 28, 2015, 14:47 Vall Forran

Yeah, it's great to see some actual gameplay videos! Looks like so much fun, I wish I was on the PTU list.  

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale

43. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 17:33 Vall Forran

Rigs wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 15:10:
God dammit, why does Elite always go on sale when I'm flat fucking broke?! I've got a wall of games staring at me and I'd trade most of it to play Elite... Pouting

=-Rigs-=

Because the expansion is about to release...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released

23. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 18:14 Vall Forran

I like reading a long series of books (Robin Hobb), but damn. There's like 10 (just pulling the number out) times $60-$80 each. Maybe their 12 studio worldwide production makes sense?  

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming

25. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 16, 2015, 18:26 Vall Forran

Beta Protocol!  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4

58. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 17:55 Vall Forran

Played for a few hours last night.

Meh.

Hasn't been very enthralling thus far.

News Comments > Game Reviews

34. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 18:45 Vall Forran

Task, I sort of agree with you.

The Witcher 3 is the most amazing game ever released. It will win every award possible...at least it should.

Skyrim cockblocked me with a broken main mission quest that would not trigger. I met Joan Allen in my cool dragon temple, but she wouldn't talk to me despite me completing the quests. I eventually played it again from the start, made a different allegiance and won the game in like 10 hours.

Fallout 3...I got stuck with a weird main quest where I had to deliver something to a submarine, but I couldn't find it. Gave up.

Never finished a single one of those games (Fallout, I mean), but I got my money's worth out of them. Still played 30-60 hours. Unlike a COD game where I only play the SP, which is 4 hours long.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 21:58.

News Comments > Game Reviews

20. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 13:40 Vall Forran

Can't wait to play this!

I like some of the quirky bugs that Bethesda games have. I fondly remember getting punted into the stratosphere by giants in Skyrim.

And the reviewers all say the bugs are annoying, but in context of game enjoyment, ultimately irrelevant.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer

9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 18:03 Vall Forran

Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 17:37:
Apparently there was tequila involved, since my FemShep woke up in bed with Kelly, Jack, Liara and Miranda. Grouphug

You lucky bastard. Er...bitch?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer

2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 15:39 Vall Forran

My Femshep is still alive, goddammit! JHale for life!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month

30. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 7, 2015, 15:15 Vall Forran

I fired this up last night after a six month break. I'm still over the main game (though that didn't stop me from parading the ole 'Conda about)...so I tried the CQC (read: Star Citizen Arena Commander, but Elite-style).

I have to say, goddamn this is fun! It's like quake with spaceships. All your ships are loaners, so no worries about insurance or any of that jazz. You unlock better ships and gear as you rank up, but the Eagle is as big as they get...and that is surprisingly slow compared to the starter ship.

And there are cool space stations and structures you can retreat to. It really feels like flying an x-wing through some crazy obstacle course. The only problem is that when you shoot lasers, everyone can see you... like a firefly at night. So it's like this weird chain of fish eating a fish but then getting eaten by another fish.

There's a capture the flag mode I want to try as well.

Still, it's fast paced and (dare I say it) fun!

Edit: And the rank progression is pretty fast. I'm a rank 5 after playing maybe 7 matches? It's not the usual Elite grind slog. I'm only 50% through "Mostly Helpless", but I've already unlocked 3 ships.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month

22. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 5, 2015, 17:34 Vall Forran

Sound interesting. I was worried it was going to be a Mass Effect Mako addon...but it looks like it will have much more to it.  

News Comments > Avalanche Studios Layoffs

5. Re: Avalanche Studios Layoffs Nov 2, 2015, 17:45 Vall Forran

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:00:
Is there really a point to announcing these things, particularly calling them layoffs when they're really just expired contracts? The nature of employment in gaming is pretty migratory except for the major shops anyway.

Exactly.

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer

43. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 30, 2015, 18:22 Vall Forran

descender wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 11:53:
I wish that CIG would just refund all of the kickstarter money already.

At this point the $2.5 mil they raised through kickstarter is irrelevant to them completing the project anyway. The scope of this project has changed dramatically since it's inception and backers holding their feet to the flames over the more narrow-minded promises they made during their kickstarter campaign 3 years ago is actually going to make this game worse in the long run.

They need to admit that the kickstarter project failed. There is no real shame in that, they simply couldn't deliver on scope or on time. Give the whiny babies their money back and let them move on so the overall project doesn't suffer as a result.

I haven't kept up on who is donating...but the surplus of money would indicate support for the project? Unless you are asking people that funded the kickstart at the beginning to be refunded? Either way, makes no sense. You bet on a game with kickstarter. Deal with it.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha

78. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 30, 2015, 17:06 Vall Forran

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 14:32:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 17:46:
harlock wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 22:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:38:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:14:
I don't even know wtf you guys are arguing about anymore... Metaphor tangents, yay!
Guy is complaining about Elite doesn't have offline single player mode, even though Frontier said in the kickstarter campaign that it would have that.
They cut it out the last minute for whatever reason.
Because of that Elite didn't deliver on promises.
I called bullshit on his assessment and now everyone is upset. Especially the troll

yes, you control the world with your magical childish abilities!

each and every one of you assholes troll this place nonstop, you hypocritical fucks

You work in vfx? Maybe I know you. Where?

Edit: Definite language for one.

You're trying to break the ice after that comment?

Worth a shot? I'm surprised space captain is in vfx. It's a fairly small industry... And they all swear like sailors.

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details

13. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 29, 2015, 22:56 Vall Forran

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 20:31:
I love how all these announcements are just so much incremental bullshit with absolutely nothing of substance being delivered. Classic long con. 'Oh yeah, everything's great! Could not be better! Say while we're talking here, we have some items that have come up for sale you may be interested in.'

"incremental bullshit". You're firmly in the clown car now.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha

76. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 29, 2015, 17:46 Vall Forran

harlock wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 22:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:38:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:14:
I don't even know wtf you guys are arguing about anymore... Metaphor tangents, yay!
Guy is complaining about Elite doesn't have offline single player mode, even though Frontier said in the kickstarter campaign that it would have that.
They cut it out the last minute for whatever reason.
Because of that Elite didn't deliver on promises.
I called bullshit on his assessment and now everyone is upset. Especially the troll

yes, you control the world with your magical childish abilities!

each and every one of you assholes troll this place nonstop, you hypocritical fucks

You work in vfx? Maybe I know you. Where?

Edit: Definite language for one.

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer

23. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 17:31 Vall Forran

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 14:37
uestion... so local physics in a zero g area, plus rendering the debris from a ship, plus lighting and fx... what sort of computer are we going to need to play this? Are we going to need a quad sli computer for any engagements with more then 2-4 players? [/quote:

Games develop beyond what comps can handle. They scale back afterwards. It does seem rather cpu intense, though. And, I hate to say, but the demo scenes of them running around is just you in a ghost town. I would not call that a solid "test case".

MMO with that fidelity, I don't see it happening. But, again, they can scale down...which will drive people crazy, because changing anything is tantamount to failure.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

57. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 18:13 Vall Forran

Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 12:54:
Hell yeah man they were pulpy but fantastic Altered Carbon is one of my all time favs for sci-fi.

+1

News Comments > Out of the Blue

56. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 18:12 Vall Forran

Blue wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:58:
nin wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:53:
I mean really, is that an outstanding career? That's borderline "You next job is managing the Space MCDonalds".

Yeah, but he killed the shit out of those younglings, right? No one can ever take that away from him.

If you take his career in "The Clone Wars" series, then, yes he's badass. And it looks like in Rebels he will be even more so.

There was an interesting article with Gary Kurtz talking about how Lucas started changing the script in Return of the Jedi to focus on happy marketing rather than creating a more somber ending that was originally intended.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >