Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Total-Khaos

Real Name Total-Khaos   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Total-Khaos
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 23, 2009, 02:35
Total Comments 202 (Novice)
User ID 55281

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > IO Interactive Layoffs
7. Re: IO Interactive Layoffs May 23, 2017, 15:29 Total-Khaos

CJ_Parker wrote on May 23, 2017, 14:40:
Quinn wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:30:
Let's face it. Episodic HITMAN was a stupid as fuck choice. Many people are like me and don't just play games because LOLZ FUN GAMEPLAY, and actually want a substantial experience; a good, moving story.

The last game was a motherfucking arcade game. "Here's your target and these are the possible ways to take them out. Find out how and be the ultimate assassin :D".

Fuck off.

^ this

They can shove their episodic MMO crap up their collective bungholes. It's good to see that the studio is reaping the devastating rewards of their stupidity. Good riddance.
And best wishes to everyone losing their job. May y'all find a new employer that isn't headed by a bunch of retarded amoeba.

Yup. I am so tired of being nickel-and-dimed. DLC this. Episode that. Season pass over there. Gah...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Released
34. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 14:07 Total-Khaos

VaranDragon wrote on May 5, 2017, 11:40:
I wish I had the money, and the time to check out these releases. I skipped Dishonored 2. It just seemed more of the same. This looks much more interesting TBH, however Real Life gets in the way.

I don't know how you people manage to do it. The older I get, the less time I have to devote to gaming. I still do game, but I find that I'm concentrating my gaming time on just one "game" at a time.

Well, this seems to be the natural order of things these days:

1) Play games all day in your parent's basement until your mid-thirties.
2) Finally move out.
3) Realize life is hard and you have no time for gaming.
4) Move back into your parent's basement.
5) Order restored.

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
11. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 12:39 Total-Khaos

thecakeisalie wrote on May 6, 2017, 11:35:
3 years in Alpha, how long in Beta? We might see a "release" in 2020 at this rate, at which time this game will look like an SNES game compared to what will probably be cutting edge by then.

Nah, they will just release a Charlie version after that.

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
3. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 12:02 Total-Khaos

Sacrifice wrote on May 1, 2017, 11:05:
It looks almost identical to Grimrock. I like dungeon crawlers and will keep an eye on this. Hopefully it isn't just a rip-off.

The name itself, and the genre of the game, immediately made me think of Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep. Why do game developers like taking ideas from everyone else instead of making something truly unique? <sigh>

Hell, even these images are too similar:

Dungeon Master 2 vs Skullstone

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Released
1. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Released Apr 24, 2017, 19:15 Total-Khaos

Nice. Resorting to the whole, "It isn't a bug, it is a feature" excuse I see. LOL!  

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
13. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 15:26 Total-Khaos

Blackhawk wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:50:
I haven't played enough NMS to really talk about how innovative the ideas were, but I will say this: Innovation doesn't mean fun, or polished, and it can fail to live up to promises. An awful game can have great new ideas.

I fail to see the innovation in creating procedural planets and lifeforms with the small number of variations discovered thus far for each one. They are all too similar -- great ideas, sure, but they were executed very poorly.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Banishes Servers
5. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 5, 2017, 12:57 Total-Khaos

Genesys wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 12:47:
Heh. Is this the first time a company has killed their official servers in favor of user-hosted servers? Usually it's the other way around :)

7500 private servers. 7499 are pirated copies.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
20. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 15, 2017, 03:22 Total-Khaos

Slick wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 23:31:
Anyone remember THIS MTG game from the '90s?

That was 20 years ago. 20 years of sitting on their asses and never taking a real stab at what could have been with digitizing this game. Never a second thought given to a true MTG online experience. And no, half-assed poorly executed attempts don't count. The best MTG games were the Duels of the Planeswalkers series, except you could only fuck with pre-made decks with a fraction of the total cards in the universe. Not to mention they were more focused on a "call of duty" strategy where they can re-sell the same product every year, instead of building THE definitive online experience with all the collecting and dueling in one place like Hearthstone.

20 fucking years.

I'm honestly amazed that it took Blizzard so long to beat them at their own game, or that no one else did earlier. Mojang's "Scrolls" was a better game IMO than either Hearthstone or MTG, but Microsoft killed that. Paid +$2 Billion for 2 games, decided to focus on one, and just ignore the other. "New game from the creator of Minecraft!" - advertisement no one ever produced.

Yes...unfortunately.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up
45. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch Follow-up Dec 26, 2016, 13:26 Total-Khaos

I don't understand why this was crowd funded in the first place. The Kickstarter that went live in 2012 said they had investors that would be picking up the tab for the entire development of the game.

"We have investors that have agreed to contribute the balance we need to complete this game as long as we can validate that there is a demand for a high end PC space game. By meeting or surpassing our target on Kickstarter you tell the world that you want a PC based Space Sim and allow us to make this game."

So...why all the money grabs with selling spaceships? This is the biggest smoke and mirrors show around!

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
5. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 24, 2016, 12:21 Total-Khaos

"Switching engines during development worked for me!"- George Broussard

Famous last words...

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
42. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 16:27 Total-Khaos

The community has had an enormous impact shaping the game and it's always interesting watching the weekly videos and being able to meet the developers at events.

Right, shaping the game...spaceship sale after spaceship sale.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
16. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 19, 2016, 16:16 Total-Khaos

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:49:
Total-Khaos wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 13:31:
"We only ever refer to our Anti-Tamper solution as being ‘hard to crack’, never ‘uncrackable,’" Goebl told Gamasutra in response to a question of whether or not game piracy could ever really be stopped.

The word "solution" implies you've solved the piracy problem with your software entirely...which you have not. All your software does is make it harder for legitimate consumers to use someone else's product they paid for.

Anti-tamper solution vs. Piracy solution = two very different things.

I beg to differ. Right from the Denuvo website:

"Our latest innovation, Denuvo Anti-Tamper, allows publishers to reap the benefits of stamping out all piracy attempts in the crucial first weeks of a title’s release."

Sorry to say, if your game is popular enough, people will just wait until Denuvo is cracked -- they won't shell out money they never would have spent anyway.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2016, 13:31 Total-Khaos

"We only ever refer to our Anti-Tamper solution as being ‘hard to crack’, never ‘uncrackable,’" Goebl told Gamasutra in response to a question of whether or not game piracy could ever really be stopped.

The world "solution" implies you've solved the piracy problem with your software entirely...which you have not. All your software does is make it harder for legitimate consumers to use someone else's product they paid for.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
13. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 17:59 Total-Khaos

I head on over to the Steam store page for this game and immediately see the following for recommended system requirements:

RECOMMENDED:
Additional Notes: System requirements to be announced soon.

Can't even bother to publish your recommended system specs two days before release? Bwhahahaha, I'll pass.

News Comments > Mafia III Free Outfit DLC
1. Re: Mafia III Free Outfit DLC Nov 9, 2016, 19:14 Total-Khaos

Ooo, a piece of candy!  

News Comments > Hide and Shriek for Halloween
2. Re: Hide and Shriek for Halloween Oct 4, 2016, 19:19 Total-Khaos

Cutter wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 11:10:
Hrm, could be fun.

Use scary masks of famous characters like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Somehow, I really doubt it...

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed
2. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed Sep 24, 2016, 15:46 Total-Khaos

Creston wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 14:43:
Better hope that rootkit got uninstalled though. Most of them don't uninstall well.

In this case, the Capcom.sys driver in your C:\Windows\System32 directory was the offending file, so it is very easy to determine if the issue has been corrected.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2016, 16:48 Total-Khaos

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 11:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 09:19:
Not quite sure what you are complaining about. People are criticizing Blizzard for making a meaningless, cosmetic change and treating it like a big press event. I don't think anyone thought the service was going away.

As someone said, this is mostly the CEO thinking he is doing something productive -- and even though he isn't I'm sure he will get credit for being productive garnering a bonus worth many millions...

Don't like "Blizzard tech"? Great! You'll probably never hear it except as an off-hand reference deep in an interview about backend technical improvements for a new game/major patch!

So I'm still going to have my Battle.net desktop application? No, it will be renamed to Blizzard Tech or something even more retarded.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
28. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 16:39 Total-Khaos

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 15:26:
Digital Fucktards figure that they better get their lawsuits in before Congress passes that bill that makes it illegal.

That legislation only prevents companies from including "gag clauses" in customer contracts, which gives the customer the freedom to leave a negative review of the services rendered if they choose to do so. However, if you are leaving untruthful or fake reviews in an attempt to damage that company, they can still sue you for defamation whether it be slander or libel.

News Comments > Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes
2. Re: Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes Sep 17, 2016, 02:28 Total-Khaos

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 22:19:
So 666xxDEATHBRINGERxx420 is up for grabs?! Sweet!
Biker

I paid to have my name changed to Cutter and it was so worth it.

202 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo