Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1792 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2016, 08:53 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 08:38:
Quboid wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 00:30:
Oh God I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I did everything I could but I'm just so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

(I voted Remain.)

Yeah, quite the ways to wake up to this morning...at least Cameron is out...

Uh... What am I missing?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2016, 23:57 ForgedReality

They just want to be able to force you into their iTunes DRM scheme. Only iSheep will fall for this.

I remember when I fried a friend's iPod on accident years ago. The fucking thing had a USB port on it that wasn't actually a USB port. It was the EXACT SAME SHAPE and number of pins, but a couple of them were swapped so that you were forced to use their fucking $90-or-whatever-the-fuck cable. Using a standard USB cable in a fucking port that looks exactly the fuck like a fucking USB cable destroys the device. Brilliant fucking decision to do that shit. I fucking hate Apple. Humanity will rejoice the second they go out of business.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 23:59 ForgedReality

So this game doesn't even have a server browser? I really hate matchmaking style lobbies. DOTA 2 can be extremely annoying like that. I like when I can look at a list of servers near me (sort by ping) and join, and I often can get into games with people I play with regularly because they connect to the same servers. I find that I can have a lot more fun that way, and my enjoyment of the game leads me to want to play it more and get better. TF2 does this correctly. Doesn't sound like I'll be trying Overwatch.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2016, 14:16 ForgedReality

Yeah. UO is so much better. I removed ABP from all my systems.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer Jun 3, 2016, 14:14 ForgedReality

Gee, Rockstar, still waiting on you guys to make the PC version fucking playable online... >:/  

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
49. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 2, 2016, 16:18 ForgedReality

Yifes wrote on May 31, 2016, 22:15:
ForgedReality wrote on May 31, 2016, 19:44:
The flourish is one of the best parts of the combat. It's not at all useless. Being in a group of enemies and hitting four at a time feels very cool and satisfying. This isn't until a little later in the game though.

I'm not talking about Whirl under combat skills, which can be pretty useful. I'm talking about the flamboyant telegraphed twirling style of swordsmanship that Geralt uses in the games, which serves no practical purpose other than to look cool.

For example, your basic move forward attack, Geralt has to do a 360 pirouette and bring his sword down in a wide arc. It's a terrible move, has a long wind up time, leaves him open to be counterattacked, and doesn't even cover much distance. At least in Dark Souls if a weapon has a dumb move set, you can just change to something different.

It doesn't really matter when you're fighting against a single target, but when you're fighting a group, mixed with the occasional wonky target switching, the combat system just feels clunky.

It doesn't switch targets unless you TELL it to. I think you're just not understanding the combat mechanics.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 15:24 ForgedReality

My 48" curved 4k monitor is about as immersive as I need, thanks.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 15:00 ForgedReality

Wait, since when was GTA Online ever supported on PC? I haven't hardly been able to use it due to the fucking hackercancer. Fix that shit so I can get my money's worth out of the game, and I'll think about buying your next one.  

News Comments > Project Highrise Trailer
3. Re: Project Highrise Trailer Jun 2, 2016, 14:44 ForgedReality

Let's hope it has realistic physics so we can prove jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams.

#toosoon?

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
16. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 13:24 ForgedReality

MajorD wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 11:34:
Wow, I didn't realize the first one was good enough to justify a 2nd.

It's been planned to be a trilogy for a long time.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 1, 2016, 12:34 ForgedReality

"Flaw" is the new "backdoor".  

34. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 19:44 ForgedReality

Yifes wrote on May 31, 2016, 19:03:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 31, 2016, 16:27:
What is the exact problem you guys have with combat? Can you narrow it down from "I DON'T LIKE IT" to what you think is broken about it?

Myself, I find it should have had more directional input. Like Holding forward and attack does a different attack than backwards and attack.

Otherwise, for what it is, I usually just roll out/roll in and tap attack and roll out/roll in. I do not use their light dodge mechanic and I've done fine with this.

It's been a while since I've played the game, but the Witcher combat felt very "clunky" compared to the Souls games and Bloodborne. Sometimes the game autotargets and sticks you to an enemy, and moves your character in relation to that enemy, NOT where your camera/control stick is directing Geralt. Also, all of your sword moves had waayyy to much flourish and wind up animation, which looks cool but is impractical and does not play well.

This doesn't matter much on easier difficulty levels, but on the highest levels it's very annoying. When I die in Bloodborne/Souls, I know I fucked up. When I die in Witcher 3, a lot of the times it's because of some stupid game quirk, which becomes frustrating.

Also, the difficulty of the combat was very uneven. I played the entire game on Death March (with a XBOX controller), and while the beginning ~10 levels were challenging, the latter half of the game was a cakewalk.

Anyways, the combat is not BAD, it's just the weakest part of an otherwise outstanding game.

The flourish is one of the best parts of the combat. It's not at all useless. Being in a group of enemies and hitting four at a time feels very cool and satisfying. This isn't until a little later in the game though.

12. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 13:05 ForgedReality

ItBurn wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:41:
I'll be playing them eventually, in super easy mode, because the combat is terrible.

I don't know why people say this. The combat is fine. Have you even played the game? You want to dumb it down because it's "terrible," or you just lack the proper skill and it's too "hard?" Hmm...

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Month
2. Re: GTA Online Update Next Month May 28, 2016, 05:11 ForgedReality

Sure do wish I could actually experience any of this content. Cheaters deserve to be dragged through the streets and whipped. I paid for a game that I can only experience a tiny fraction of. Not cool.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Adds Vulkan Support
2. Re: Dota 2 Beta Adds Vulkan Support May 24, 2016, 13:30 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:25:
I wonder what the point is. DOTA isn't a very graphically intense game to begin with.

It can be in a 10 man fight with the settings cranked up. Once ults start flying off everywhere, shit can get pretty crazy.

Anyway, this isn't about performance, this is about getting away from the reliance on Microsoft and DX, which is never a bad thing, imo.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 02:13 ForgedReality

Still waiting for Big Pascal. This shit isn't the flagship. That's why its performance isn't all that it could have been.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 23, 2016, 00:32 ForgedReality

Ant wrote on May 22, 2016, 23:39:
Quboid wrote on May 22, 2016, 22:23:
Ant wrote on May 22, 2016, 22:04:
rudra wrote on May 22, 2016, 18:46:
getting ASCII art to work here is a fucking chore dude
Does BN even support fixed width fonts to make ASCII art work?

+---------------+
| Use Code Tags |
+---------------+

Spacing doesn't work, any number of spaces just becomes one. Needs Frans to changes spaces in the code tag to non-breaking spaces.
Ah!

L     I     K     E
T     H     I     S

DUH!

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
17. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 19, 2016, 11:20 ForgedReality

One moment that will always stick out in my memory is the part in KQV where you get King Antony to swarm the hay stack with his ant colony and get you a golden needle out of it. Also, I really enjoyed the desert part for some reason. I don't remember the other KQ games before or after it. Damn, I need to somehow get them all and do a playthrough.

As for Full Throttle, back in the day it was kind of cool, but really, it's little more than like a 15 minute diversion, start to finish. :/

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 12, 2016, 10:13 ForgedReality

uBlock Origin. Always.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 08:50 ForgedReality

Sempai wrote on May 10, 2016, 06:12:
ForgedReality wrote on May 10, 2016, 01:15:
Yeah. I haven't even been able to do a single heist, and that was one of the features I was really looking forward to.

How come you haven't been able to do heists? I'm out of the loop.

And am i the only one who feels the community of gamers at large today are a bunch of useless mouth breathers?

What is with the epidemic of cheating in games today?
Why do you bother playing games at all? It's certainly not for the challenge or skill level..

I do not get it. I just don't..

And yes the Ubisofts and 2k's should get flack for not monitoring and enforcing, but maybe they're not the problem here, the people playing their games are.

Because these shitty assholes ruin everything. You can't go online in that game without some prick coming along and grieving everyone. There's no time to find someone looking to do a heist and I don't have enough friends in the game to set one up since it's impossible to play long enough to find someone who isn't a fucking dick.

1792 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo