Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1797 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
22. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Sep 1, 2016, 09:17 ForgedReality

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 06:10:
Ooops!
I forgot to put this - - > at the end of my first post.

Uh huh... *massive eye roll*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 30, 2016, 10:58 ForgedReality

I didn't know that annoying piece of shit even had a first game.  

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
26. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 08:05 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 22:09:
If we can take a $40,000 car for a test drive, there's no reason not to do so on a $70 game.

Uh, I can think of one reason: IT'S NOT $40,000!

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 23:03:
Pirate does not equate to a lost sale in most cases - unless the game is shit in which case it deserves to be a lost sale. If pirating were impossible for some reason people would simply forgo said game or wait until it hits X price. Actual lost sales due to people pirating a game, playing it, enjoying it, and never buying it is absolutely minimal. The laws favour software developers far too much anyway, they have zero reason to piss and moan about anything.

Wow! I'm sure glad we have you to set the industry straight. I mean, who the fuck do those devs think they are? Writing software they hope sucks just to rip people off? How dare them! I deserve free shit off their months and years of hard work, god dammit! Seriously, just who the fuck do they think they are? It's crazy that they would want to release a shit product just to troll me. And anyway, it's impossible that someone else could like a game that I don't like, so why the fuck shouldn't I deserve free shit since I don't like it in the first place? They just got laid off because the studio wasn't making enough money. What the fuck do I care if they can feed their family or not? They shouldn't piss and moan. Glad I got my free game though.

Or maybe you're really mad at the publishers pushing unfinished products and your anger is extremely misdirected. Most devs don't wish to make a garbage product. That's their livelihood. It's clueless publishers that ruin games.

But yeah, devs have the easiest job in the world! Make a shitty game under extraordinarily stressful conditions, rip people off, get fired, have fun searching months for a new job, rinse, repeat. No reason at all for them to complain. As long as I get my free shit in my slobbering, angsty, self-entitled, ignorant perspective, then all is right with the world.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 24, 2016, 08:01 ForgedReality

Task wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 21:06:
Apparently you can't even do turn-based PokeMon battles in that game with other people, you know - one of the main points of the Nintendo games besides 'catchin' 'em all.
Apparently, that's a feature that has yet to be added, but is in the works, along with trading.

But I dunno. Zero interest to me.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2016, 09:45 ForgedReality

Retired wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 09:43:
10 Million? heh. Probably just 10 million of the same sprite renamed by 1 million people.....10 times.

I was thinking more along the lines of 5 jpegs copied over and over, given 9,999,995 different filenames.

News Comments > New Titan X Released
6. Re: New Titan X Released Aug 2, 2016, 12:56 ForgedReality

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 12:11:
Actually no, you are wrong. These are intended as top of the line Gaming cards. Nvidia already has professional graphics workstation cards, they are called Quadro. Actually the Titans are cheap compared to the top of the line Quadro cards.

That, and ever since Maxwel Titan X, they haven't been given FP64 acceleration, unlike the prior Titans. So, really, they're not that great at compute tasks, so they're just rich gamer cards now.

I was considering this card before Pascal was released, but seeing its performance (and price) has me backing off a bit. I'd like to see someone overclock it to proper speeds and benchmark that. I'm kind of doubting a 1080 Ti will exist at this point.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2016, 10:53 ForgedReality

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 10:57:
So they stole a box of cartridges?

Actually, it was just one cartridge of cyan toner.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
15. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 30, 2016, 21:34 ForgedReality

Baristan wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 17:16:
The last Windows 10 user on my network finally gave up last week and reinstalled Windows 8.

Over a dozen computers on the network and not a single Win10 POS left. No more will they DOSS the network every time a new patch comes out. When window update couldn't connect to a server it started requesting connections as fast as it could without waiting for a response. End result: active connection overload, no one could access the internet. Good riddance Microsoft. I no longer have to config custom QOS rules to keep you from DOSSing my network.

It's "DDOS"...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 30, 2016, 21:33 ForgedReality

Rhett wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 14:09:
Well, I'm sure there's an app to disable their disabling of things.

I remember when I didn't need 3rd party apps to make my OS usable...

I remember when PC software wasn't referred to by the stupidly retarded dumbed down term "app" and only nerds used PCs. Those were the days.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2016, 20:54 ForgedReality

Please lose
Please lose
Please lose
Please lose

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2016, 20:45 ForgedReality

We were forced into Windows 10 laptops at work because the Win 7 licenses weren't being renewed. I fucking hate 10. It's been nothing but problems for a lot of people. I disabled Cortana on mine, and I lost the ability to search from the start menu. WTF? Why the fuck is it tied into that? Now instead of just hitting windows key and starting to type "printers" or something, I have to click the control panel link and find it from there. It's an extra step but worth it to not have that stupid shit bugging me constantly.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2016, 11:24 ForgedReality

B5 was easily one of, if not the best, sci-fi shows ever made. Certainly it is one of my favorite shows of all time. No other show has the story arc or character complexity of Babylon 5. Such an amazing experience, but you have to get into it from start to finish, and that's the problem I think a lot of people have with it. The first season has to explain a lot so it takes some time to get going. But once it does, oh boy does it ever!

Garibaldi was one of my favorite characters on the show, and seemed like a pretty cool dude overall as well. Sad to see so many from the show go.

Not long ago, I watched this 20th anniversary reunion video. Pretty entertaining and insightful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2pK_uBpXQ

There is a more recent one from 2014 that I haven't watched yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWg7n6AANQ

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 23, 2016, 20:28 ForgedReality

That would be all well and good if voting mattered...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2016, 02:16 ForgedReality

It's really kind of a shame. I really liked developing in ActionScript 3. It's object-oriented and surprisingly powerful.  

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Adds Women
2. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Adds Women Jul 15, 2016, 12:20 ForgedReality

Why do the women have to be unrealistically fine as fuck though? Why can't they at least depict them like real females that live on a farm? None of them bitches are of good breeding, otherwise, they wouldn't be living on a farm. But, hey, who cares about unrealistic expectations right? >_< Sure, princess! You can be anything you want!  

News Comments > GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue
5. Re: GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue Jul 15, 2016, 12:16 ForgedReality

Tarmarna wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 11:37:
Glad to see at least one tech news site (Blue's News) reporting on this DPC Latency problem with the 10 series NVidia drivers.

Shame on other tech sites that have so far failed to even notice the problem after all the reviews and so called testing of the the cards after launch.

NVidia make great cards, drivers are complex, but tech sites and companies need to do better testing.

Yeah. So do manufacturers.

Remember that one thing that happened a long time ago where AMD released a card that violated specs that exist for a reason, and they pretended it was an accident, and then they released a driver to fix it but the cards still demanded way more power than they should have for the amount of performance they gave? And then they were like "we fixed it! Sorry guys. :D" and then we all just point and smile at each other and we just laughed and laughed. Silly little things like this happen.

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
20. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 14:10 ForgedReality

Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 12:34:
Creston wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 12:17:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 10:35:
21:9 is dumb because it's too fucking short.

But... but... it's just as tall as a 16:9 monitor? (relatively)

Thus the ratio 16:9 -- 21:9...

I guess they don't look as "cool" as widescreen, but I do kinda miss the 4:3 days...

Actually, they used "21:9" because it sounds cooler to consumers than "7:3". Bigger numbers == better, right? RIGHT?!

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
4. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 10:35 ForgedReality

21:9 is dumb because it's too fucking short. Why not just get a huge 4k monitor, like the 48" Samsung JS9000 TV? FAAAAAAAR more immersive, and you don't have to worry about stupid, bullshit aspect ratios and their lack of support.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 15:53 ForgedReality

GTA 5 is actually really fun online these days. Haven't seen a single hacker in weeks. Some guy I was playing with the other day said it had been like that for like two months, and it's so nice and great to be able to actually play the game. Apparently, they've done something that broke all the modder tools, at least for now, and that's a very welcome change. If you've been held off from the game because of the fucking hackers, go ahead and give it another try. I've been able to complete the lowrider missions, and done a few heists. It's a lot of fun now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2016, 11:33 ForgedReality

Linus's OCD triggered.  

1797 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo