Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1762 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue
5. Re: GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue Jul 15, 2016, 12:16 ForgedReality

Tarmarna wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 11:37:
Glad to see at least one tech news site (Blue's News) reporting on this DPC Latency problem with the 10 series NVidia drivers.

Shame on other tech sites that have so far failed to even notice the problem after all the reviews and so called testing of the the cards after launch.

NVidia make great cards, drivers are complex, but tech sites and companies need to do better testing.

Yeah. So do manufacturers.

Remember that one thing that happened a long time ago where AMD released a card that violated specs that exist for a reason, and they pretended it was an accident, and then they released a driver to fix it but the cards still demanded way more power than they should have for the amount of performance they gave? And then they were like "we fixed it! Sorry guys. :D" and then we all just point and smile at each other and we just laughed and laughed. Silly little things like this happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
20. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 14:10 ForgedReality

Razumen wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 12:34:
Creston wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 12:17:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 10:35:
21:9 is dumb because it's too fucking short.

But... but... it's just as tall as a 16:9 monitor? (relatively)

Thus the ratio 16:9 -- 21:9...

I guess they don't look as "cool" as widescreen, but I do kinda miss the 4:3 days...

Actually, they used "21:9" because it sounds cooler to consumers than "7:3". Bigger numbers == better, right? RIGHT?!

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
4. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 10:35 ForgedReality

21:9 is dumb because it's too fucking short. Why not just get a huge 4k monitor, like the 48" Samsung JS9000 TV? FAAAAAAAR more immersive, and you don't have to worry about stupid, bullshit aspect ratios and their lack of support.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 15:53 ForgedReality

GTA 5 is actually really fun online these days. Haven't seen a single hacker in weeks. Some guy I was playing with the other day said it had been like that for like two months, and it's so nice and great to be able to actually play the game. Apparently, they've done something that broke all the modder tools, at least for now, and that's a very welcome change. If you've been held off from the game because of the fucking hackers, go ahead and give it another try. I've been able to complete the lowrider missions, and done a few heists. It's a lot of fun now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2016, 11:33 ForgedReality

Linus's OCD triggered.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 8, 2016, 23:38 ForgedReality

Yeah I won't ever buy an OLED monitor until they fix the massive motion blur and burn-in issues. It's not a technology that's ready for consumers. At least not consumers who care about such things as image quality and longevity. After two years, your start bar will be visible at all times. XD

Also, it's too small for a 4k monitor. It should be closer to 40". After using a 48" curved 4k for a couple of months, I can say I would find it extremely difficult to downsize. PPI is about perfect at 40" or so though. Shame OLED sucks. :/

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 7, 2016, 12:02 ForgedReality

I don't really see any difference, apart from the "FedUp" trucks have the FedEx logo, and the cop cars are blue. Looks the same to me otherwise. Maybe it's the video quality.  

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
2. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jul 7, 2016, 11:29 ForgedReality

J wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 09:50:
Is this the patch which deals with hackers?

Ikr. Day of release, every race will have their par times set by hackers to like 0.2 seconds.

To be fair, in playing the last couple of days, I have not noticed a single hacker. Doesn't necessarily guarantee they're gone for now (until the tools get fixed again), but it's a very welcome change of pace.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2016, 11:52 ForgedReality

yuastnav wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 11:48:
Yeah, I hope Java dies a quick, painful death and we'll never hear about it again.

Fuck you, I rather like developing in Java. >=/

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2016, 11:51 ForgedReality

Dagnamit wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 11:31:
GTX 1060 w/ only 3GB of memory would be a huge mistake from the Green team at $250.00 or any price for that matter. Even if it has better performance, memory usage has spiked significantly in the last year. It's not PRESENT proofed, much less future proofed. What's the point of owning a card that can run GTA V at high settings only to have it run out of memory? That game devours video memory and people still play the hell out of it. It would be a debacle.

On the other hand, a GTX 1060 w/ 6GB at $250.00 would be a knock-out blow to AMD.

There's probably room for a 1060ti in the product stack though. We'll see what happens. GPU's have gotten so boring, it's good to have stuff to talk about again.

My 3gb GTX580 plays GTA5 at the higher end of high settings at 2304x1440 really quite well. It does not run out of memory, and it's surprisingly smooth as silk. But yeah, 3gb isn't enough in 2016. If you ask me though, neither the 1070 or 1080 are powerful enough in 2016 either. Nowhere near. Big Pascal should have been released first.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2016, 08:53 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 08:38:
Quboid wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 00:30:
Oh God I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I did everything I could but I'm just so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

(I voted Remain.)

Yeah, quite the ways to wake up to this morning...at least Cameron is out...

Uh... What am I missing?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2016, 23:57 ForgedReality

They just want to be able to force you into their iTunes DRM scheme. Only iSheep will fall for this.

I remember when I fried a friend's iPod on accident years ago. The fucking thing had a USB port on it that wasn't actually a USB port. It was the EXACT SAME SHAPE and number of pins, but a couple of them were swapped so that you were forced to use their fucking $90-or-whatever-the-fuck cable. Using a standard USB cable in a fucking port that looks exactly the fuck like a fucking USB cable destroys the device. Brilliant fucking decision to do that shit. I fucking hate Apple. Humanity will rejoice the second they go out of business.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 23:59 ForgedReality

So this game doesn't even have a server browser? I really hate matchmaking style lobbies. DOTA 2 can be extremely annoying like that. I like when I can look at a list of servers near me (sort by ping) and join, and I often can get into games with people I play with regularly because they connect to the same servers. I find that I can have a lot more fun that way, and my enjoyment of the game leads me to want to play it more and get better. TF2 does this correctly. Doesn't sound like I'll be trying Overwatch.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2016, 14:16 ForgedReality

Yeah. UO is so much better. I removed ABP from all my systems.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer Jun 3, 2016, 14:14 ForgedReality

Gee, Rockstar, still waiting on you guys to make the PC version fucking playable online... >:/  

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
49. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 2, 2016, 16:18 ForgedReality

Yifes wrote on May 31, 2016, 22:15:
ForgedReality wrote on May 31, 2016, 19:44:
The flourish is one of the best parts of the combat. It's not at all useless. Being in a group of enemies and hitting four at a time feels very cool and satisfying. This isn't until a little later in the game though.

I'm not talking about Whirl under combat skills, which can be pretty useful. I'm talking about the flamboyant telegraphed twirling style of swordsmanship that Geralt uses in the games, which serves no practical purpose other than to look cool.

For example, your basic move forward attack, Geralt has to do a 360 pirouette and bring his sword down in a wide arc. It's a terrible move, has a long wind up time, leaves him open to be counterattacked, and doesn't even cover much distance. At least in Dark Souls if a weapon has a dumb move set, you can just change to something different.

It doesn't really matter when you're fighting against a single target, but when you're fighting a group, mixed with the occasional wonky target switching, the combat system just feels clunky.

It doesn't switch targets unless you TELL it to. I think you're just not understanding the combat mechanics.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 15:24 ForgedReality

My 48" curved 4k monitor is about as immersive as I need, thanks.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 15:00 ForgedReality

Wait, since when was GTA Online ever supported on PC? I haven't hardly been able to use it due to the fucking hackercancer. Fix that shit so I can get my money's worth out of the game, and I'll think about buying your next one.  

News Comments > Project Highrise Trailer
3. Re: Project Highrise Trailer Jun 2, 2016, 14:44 ForgedReality

Let's hope it has realistic physics so we can prove jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams.

#toosoon?

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
16. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 13:24 ForgedReality

MajorD wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 11:34:
Wow, I didn't realize the first one was good enough to justify a 2nd.

It's been planned to be a trilogy for a long time.

1762 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo