Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1957 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
13. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 15:55 ForgedReality

Frijoles wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 14:00:
Game crashes if I change resolution. Not just crash, but force a hard reboot of my computer. If anyone is having a similar problem, set the graphics to low, restart, put game at desired resolution, restart, set graphics to Uber. That seems to have fixed it.

Unfortunately, I played for about 20 - 30 minutes last night and thought I was going to barf. Seems to be a few others with the problem. Which is odd since I can play Destiny 2 for 2+ hours at a stretch with no problem. Not sure what this game is doing differently, but damn. It fucked me up for an hour. Hoping to get through the first part today since the movement is jerky for spoiler-free reasons.

Spoiler-free? That part of the game has been widely advertised. I'd be surprised if you didn't know about it when you bought it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 27, 2017, 11:33 ForgedReality

His 47 room mansion is filled with shelves full of wine and sunglasses. And frying pans.  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
2. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 11:18 ForgedReality

Darks wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 11:03:
Hmm, wonder if this will end up shutting down New-egg. But, thats just stupid of them to get involved in this kind of shenanigans.

What's "New-egg?" Never heard of it before.

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
21. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 16:35 ForgedReality

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:43:
Until the udders run dry and only then will they launch a sequel. Think CSGO or TF2 something like that. Those have been going for years and years as well while only getting patched and DLC'ed with no sequels in sight.

CSGO is brand-fucking-new compared to TF2. TF2: 1997. CSGO: 2012 (I'm actually surprised it's that old).

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Preorders and Beta Schedule
1. Re: Star Control: Origins Preorders and Beta Schedule Oct 20, 2017, 11:22 ForgedReality

I hate how cartoony it looks. Doesn't feel like Star Control at all. Can't wait for Ghosts of the Precursors.  

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
14. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 17, 2017, 08:03 ForgedReality

christheshitter wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 18:41:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:36:
One of the best RPG series out there; I'd put Witcher 3 in contention for the best RPG.

Yea if you like combat where you only spamming one button.

That gets you killed on anything but the starter level enemies. I don't know why you'd intentionally limit your fun like that in the first place though.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
13. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 17, 2017, 08:01 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 19:12:
Witcher 3 gets my vote as best CRPG of all time..so far.

Why limit it to CRPG? Best game ever made.

News Comments > BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo
5. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 11:50 ForgedReality

So another arcade physics bore-fest? No thanks. Anyone who knows anything about how to really drive a car fast knows you need strategic application of brakes at the appropriate times to make the fastest lap. This sounds like shitty Need for Speed physics (the modern ones, not the early sim-leaning ones).

Edit - and after going to the Steam page, it's actually worse than that. Made-for-mobile-but-done-on-PC. Reminds me of the old RC Pro AM on Gameboy, but with more hyperactivity. Meh.

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off
7. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Takes Off Oct 13, 2017, 18:03 ForgedReality

Theo wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 12:40:
Frijoles wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 23:43:
Jumped on. Can't find this new shit. Quit. These MMOs need to learn from WoW. When a player logs in to a new major update, fucking put something on the screen. I haven't played Warframe for several months. I can't remember anything. I don't know what's new and what I just haven't done.

Edit: Think I found it. It's a place (Cetus) on Earth.

when you logged in for the first time after the patch, they literally put a full page screen up telling you where the new content was.

Reading is for chumps.

I'm actually super addicted to this game lately. I played a few hours 2 or 3 years ago and just didn't get it. It was super confusing and didn't click with me at all. Then I saw a video explaining some stuff and leaking a huge spoiler on me, and decided to get back into it a month or so ago. Holy crap now it's awesome. It's changed a lot, but it also feels more fleshed out, and the fact that I actually understand the whole point now, it's totally one of the best games I've ever played.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 13, 2017, 17:55 ForgedReality

Inb4 cheapest piece of shit phone that breaks in a week.

Never buy Razer.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 15M
7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 15M Oct 13, 2017, 09:22 ForgedReality

Still haven't played it. Don't intend to. So there.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2017, 11:08 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 10:42:
Backblaze beats the living shit out of drives, in a way that companies don't test for and regular consumers never will. In the past they also actively shucked externals and then compare those to fucking NAS drives and shit like that. I do not rely on Backblaze stats or use them for evidence of anything. Backblaze themselves note this.

Google had better drive failure stats awhile ago but I don't remember if they still release them.

Our company has seen relatively stable failure rates across manufacturers with few exceptions over the years (Deathstar lol).

It does show though that Seagate is fucking trash. I've been saying the shit for years (decades?). Don't ever buy Seagate drives. Fucking worst on the market. It used to be that Maxtor was the worst and Seagate was in second place. But then Seagate bought Maxtor, and it actually seems like since then, their drives are even worse than before. Western Digital remains the very best in the consumer drive market. Hitachi might have better enterprise solutions, but you can never go wrong with WD, or probably their subsidiary HGST.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Delay; New Founder's Option
4. Re: Star Control: Origins Delay; New Founder's Option Oct 4, 2017, 01:46 ForgedReality

Star Control II was fucking amazing. The third one was done by different devs and it was pretty much unrelated as far as I'm concerned.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2017, 10:21 ForgedReality

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 08:24:
EVGA fucking around yet again, these companies never learn.

I will never buy an EVGA product. They are fucking trash. There's a reason they're cheaper.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 17:47 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 12:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:03:
The gamification of gaming.

A keen observation.

A while ago we had a similar discussion, and came to the conclusion that eventually you'd pay full price for an essentially empty game: all the necessary components would be available via microtransaction/DLC.

No. Profit drives trends, and bobody'd buy that shit.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2017, 21:02 ForgedReality

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 20:46:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 20:40:
Does sexting with a minor result in a prison term nationwide? Seems sort of harsh to me. I don't know if Weiner has a prior legal history resulting in the 21 months in the pokey.
He was sexting rape fantasies with a disturbed 15 year old girl, he coulda got 10 years.
He needs help.

Was she hot tho or nah? The answer could sway this whole thing... Kappa(?)

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
29. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 19:36 ForgedReality

So, because they're mad, Fortnite is better, or at least does a lot of things better?  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback System Specs
6. Re: Need for Speed Payback System Specs Sep 20, 2017, 14:01 ForgedReality

This is basically the fucking mobile game Asphalt8, but made for consoles.

I want the classic NFS games where physics were actually a part of the game, and there were damage models. It was less arcade bullshit and actually a challenge. I bet you could play this shit with an AutoHotKey script. Press one button to win. Are kids just really bad at games these days?

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced
2. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:19 ForgedReality

They're calling it a blockbuster? Lul. Didn't it just get luke-warm reception and go way overbudget from their investment in the facial animation technology?  

News Comments > Absolver Launches
2. Re: Absolver Launches Aug 30, 2017, 01:13 ForgedReality

Looked boring as fuck. Zero interest.  

1957 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo