Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1792 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom Trailer
3. Re: Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom Trailer Sep 20, 2016, 16:18 ForgedReality

What exactly is a "shiness?" Like, a female shin?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles
9. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 20, 2016, 16:07 ForgedReality

ItBurn wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 13:24:
I've been pro-nvidia for a long time, but I may switch to AMD to combat the Win10 bullshittery. I also think that Vulkan is a way better solution than DX12. It's not looking good for AMD at the moment though...

And what would you change to? AMD has literally nothing that can compete, and I don't see Vega being capable enough to compete with Volta. They'll be lucky if it matches the GTX 1080.

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 13:26:
Funny, I really have not found any issues with Windows 10, while the windows 7 PC continually has issues.

As to the Nvidia bundle, until the prices comes down on the 1070 I will stick with my 960, I still run practically everything on high.

I have to use a Windows 10 laptop at work. Holy fuck it's atrociously bug-ridden.

I use three monitors. Wanna lock Windows when you go to the restroom? Fuck you and your window positions. Now they're all on your center screen just for shits and giggles. Hey, remember that time you had Photoshop on your right display? NEITHER DO I!

Auto-hide start bar? WHAAAT?! Fuck that. I'm gonna forever-hide it so you have to use the windows key or ctrl+esc to get it to show up. And then, sometimes, it will just fucking disappear while the start menu still stays visible. PROGRESS!

Every now and then, let's just turn random elements in your programs BLACK so you can't fucking see them. Sure, we'll blame it on your video adapter drivers, but these are the latest ones and who cares about supporting industry standard hardware?

Oh, remember how you locked your PC earlier? You forgot to turn off wifi first, so, now, when you try to log in, I'm gonna attempt to connect to wifi using the credentials you just entered. WHOA! You made a typo! I can't connect. Fuck it, I'll still try logging you into your PC. HOLY FUCK!!! Remember that typo from a second ago? Yeah, there goes two of your three domain group policy login attempts. Better get it right on the second try, or you're locked the fuck out. Your IT department must really love this switch to Windows 10 with the hugely inflated lockout incidences versus 7.

Oh, you don't want Windows Store enabled or Cortana tracking every move you make? Okay, fine. Then you just can't use search from the start menu anymore. FUCK YOU! You have to find your control panel settings and installed programs yourself! MUAHAHAH!!! That'll teach you to turn off useless bloat. >:/

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 20, 2016, 10:37 ForgedReality

This is an ad, so of course their "findings" won't be without slant.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod Sep 20, 2016, 00:53 ForgedReality

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:48:
Slick wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:23:
I've been playing this all afternoon, really give's "the worse"'s WD_1 mod a run for it's money, GTA V Finally looks and plays like I've wanted it to. Still a couple wonky things happening, the new road textures like to pick and choose when they're streaming in, it's a real mess when flying a chopper above the city.... but other than that it looks great, runs great, and the driving handling alone is worth the upgrade. Feels a LOT more like GTA IV episodes from Liberty city now, cars have weight, you can Finnish Flick them around corners and dodge through traffic. And maybe I haven't played it in a while, but the fast cars seem faster. Like you have to really watch your speed when maneuvering, you're not just flooring it the whole time.

If you want to test your control with a fast car, get the RE-7B with the carbon spoiler and stock tires/rims. There is a glitch with that particular combination that makes it easily the fastest vehicle in the game. Races can actually be quite a bit harder with it because many of the tracks were just not made for that kind of speed in mind. It's a great car all around, even if you choose not to glitch the speed.

I assume that just works with this mod and not the stock game...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 15:09 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 15:01:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:06:
Glad Everspace made the list, even if only at #10!

Agreed. Hearing great things about it...

Why is it yelling its title to me?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2016, 19:27 ForgedReality

Guardians looks terrible. Horribly cheesy, contrived storyline, shitty b-movie special effects, no-name actors, dumb makeup, guaranteed waste of time. Have fun though! XD  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 16, 2016, 20:22 ForgedReality

Tumblr, you're my hero. All kids should be banned from everywhere, especially the internet. Keep them in the kennels with the banned dogs. Dogs are annoying as fuck too. So thank you for doing your part to improve society and the world at large.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 16, 2016, 12:32 ForgedReality

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 08:27:
Task wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 21:29:
12GB on that sucker? Jeebus.

can't really have any other amount, perhaps 9GB, but that's unlikely. Also, no way it's normal GDDR5 when the 1080 has GDDR5X.

There is really no point in this. The 1080 is probably just as fast. There's very little room to squeeze another SKU in between the Titan XP and 1080. It would be dumb as fuck to buy a card right now, at least if you're looking at the top end, since Volta is practically right around the corner.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 14, 2016, 01:37 ForgedReality

Luke wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 01:24:
Adblock
Get people to use your product and then screw them...typically

Yet another excellent reason to switch to uBlock Origin. I did several months ago, and haven't looked back. I used ABP for years, and uBlock is MUCH better. I do not miss AdBlock at all.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
8. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:47 ForgedReality

14%? 2018 will mark the 14th anniversary of Half-Life 2. HL3 in 2018 confirmed.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 13, 2016, 01:45 ForgedReality

Welp, there's one way to keep up on your rent. That's how Samsung will pay for their Note 7 recall. Sell shit you don't even really care about to some idiot who is willing to pay way too much for it, use profits from sale to fix your fuck up. Smart.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 9, 2016, 15:44 ForgedReality

Is there even any evidence yet that we're any closer to having REAL quantum computing and not just some half-way, faked, bullshit version that isn't really using quantum physics?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 9, 2016, 15:41 ForgedReality

Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 13:14:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 12:17:
I executed my plan in 2007... cord cut.

Every year I say I am going to do this...and every year Comcast gives me another "one year bundle" that somehow manages to be only slightly more expensive than getting my content through entirely Internet means. I like the Comcast DVR and On-Demand features/systems so the minimal expense seems very much worth it. More importantly, my wife demands that whatever we do it is really simple to use. Remote control simple. One of these years Comcast will make an offer that is too high and my wife will be willing to deal with added complexity to save the money....but as long as that bundle basically caters to folks who prioritize convenience nearly as highly as the content itself, I am not sure it's going to happen in this household.

Yet another reason to never get married...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 09:19 ForgedReality

Simon Says wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:37:
Qbex . wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:47:
ps4 pro - please stop that 4k capable nonsense, with the hardware it got its just a 1080p console full stop. Pr people are delusional.

Nonsense, I decided to test this lately using a GTX 1060 which is around the power offered by the PS4 pro for 4k. My findings have been pretty interesting.

Witcher 3, 4k DSR all settings on Ultra except foliage distance ( high ), shadows ( high ), grass distance ( high ) and gimpworks ( off ). Postprocessing all off except light shafts, SSAO, Blur, Chromatics. FPS cap at 30 adaptive sync @ half refresh rate ( 60hz/2 ).

Results? Mostly rock solid 30fps across the board, very playable, very few noticeable tearing = few drops below 30. That's without intrinsic commands, that's without async, without Vulkan or DX12, without any targeted console optimizations and direct to metal coding.

So, will they have games which were running @ 1080p/30fps on the PS4 running @ 4k/30fps on the PS4 pro? The answer is an easy yes. Will the games running @ 60 fps in 1080p run @ 60 fps in 4k? Again, yes.

At this point, if the Xbone Scorpio is indeed 50% faster than the PS4 pro, could they with a few tweaks get the games which were running @ 30 fps upscaled to 1080p on the original Xbone to run @ 4k native, or the very least, 4k upscaled from say 3325x1871 ( which is about 3 times as many pixels as 1080p instead of 4x for 4k ) @ 60fps? Highly probable.

You see the problem with PC mindset right now is that most have lost the age old art of tweaking settings minimizing eye candy loss and maximizing perf, like they must absolutely run at 60fps or more with everything maxed.

I've been tweaking settings for 20 years now, ever since the first 3Dfx card hit the market. I've got it down to a damn art, I ain't shy about fiddling around with ini files, mods, whatever. And if I can make Witcher 3 run 30fps@4k on a GTX1060 without all the advantages listed above of console optimizations, without access to what the developers have access to tweak their settings ( sometimes even dynamically, dynamic res amongst others, I'm looking at you with envy, get your ass over to the PC ) to hit a particular performance while minimizing eye candy loss. Why wouldn't they be able to?

I don't think this is delusion kid. 20 years of experience and a bit of messing around tweaking Witcher 3 with, relatively speaking, very limited means attests to it.

The question isn't IF its going to happen, but HOW its going to happen.

I can almost feel the spittle and chunks of Doritos hitting the screen as you spouted that self-important, ego-stroking diatribe. Ever thought about shaving your neck and hitting the gym once in a while? It could do your misplaced anger and less-than-optimal health some good, not to mention give you a little perspective on your priorities in life.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 15:49 ForgedReality

Re: Project Ara

I totally saw that coming. There's no way that would have ever worked. Insurmountable technical issues to deal with. Limited design capability due to the modules having to fit within an established standard for each type of module, etc. Dumb fucking idea, especially considering most people just buy a whole new phone after a couple of years, or less.

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
22. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Sep 1, 2016, 09:17 ForgedReality

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 06:10:
Ooops!
I forgot to put this - - > at the end of my first post.

Uh huh... *massive eye roll*

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 30, 2016, 10:58 ForgedReality

I didn't know that annoying piece of shit even had a first game.  

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
26. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 08:05 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 22:09:
If we can take a $40,000 car for a test drive, there's no reason not to do so on a $70 game.

Uh, I can think of one reason: IT'S NOT $40,000!

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 23:03:
Pirate does not equate to a lost sale in most cases - unless the game is shit in which case it deserves to be a lost sale. If pirating were impossible for some reason people would simply forgo said game or wait until it hits X price. Actual lost sales due to people pirating a game, playing it, enjoying it, and never buying it is absolutely minimal. The laws favour software developers far too much anyway, they have zero reason to piss and moan about anything.

Wow! I'm sure glad we have you to set the industry straight. I mean, who the fuck do those devs think they are? Writing software they hope sucks just to rip people off? How dare them! I deserve free shit off their months and years of hard work, god dammit! Seriously, just who the fuck do they think they are? It's crazy that they would want to release a shit product just to troll me. And anyway, it's impossible that someone else could like a game that I don't like, so why the fuck shouldn't I deserve free shit since I don't like it in the first place? They just got laid off because the studio wasn't making enough money. What the fuck do I care if they can feed their family or not? They shouldn't piss and moan. Glad I got my free game though.

Or maybe you're really mad at the publishers pushing unfinished products and your anger is extremely misdirected. Most devs don't wish to make a garbage product. That's their livelihood. It's clueless publishers that ruin games.

But yeah, devs have the easiest job in the world! Make a shitty game under extraordinarily stressful conditions, rip people off, get fired, have fun searching months for a new job, rinse, repeat. No reason at all for them to complain. As long as I get my free shit in my slobbering, angsty, self-entitled, ignorant perspective, then all is right with the world.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 24, 2016, 08:01 ForgedReality

Task wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 21:06:
Apparently you can't even do turn-based PokeMon battles in that game with other people, you know - one of the main points of the Nintendo games besides 'catchin' 'em all.
Apparently, that's a feature that has yet to be added, but is in the works, along with trading.

But I dunno. Zero interest to me.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2016, 09:45 ForgedReality

Retired wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 09:43:
10 Million? heh. Probably just 10 million of the same sprite renamed by 1 million people.....10 times.

I was thinking more along the lines of 5 jpegs copied over and over, given 9,999,995 different filenames.

1792 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo