Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1725 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 20, 2015, 13:23 ForgedReality

LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 13:05:
But the boy didn't have dirt on him, therefore he was a budding PC gamer. Maybe the kite flew like that after he typed a cheat code on his keyboard such as PCMR.

I love how the wind in the grass and trees looked.

Notice how they conveniently avoided showing the water when the kid supposedly fell into it, and they made it so he didn't have to run through it? Is it really that hard to create ripple shaders and a couple simple splashing particle emitters? Lazy console devs. >:\

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 20, 2015, 13:00 ForgedReality

Pfft! That's not realistic at all! A kite would never continue flight without the person at the other end of the string keeping pressure on it. That's the whole reason a kite works at all! Stupid, unrealistic console physics. Maybe the console peasants will like this engine because the kite does all the flying for them, but for any REAL gamer, this engine is trash! >:\

(kappa)

News Comments > Bob Was Hungry Released
2. Re: Bob Was Hungry Released Aug 19, 2015, 19:20 ForgedReality

This looks like something that belongs on a cell phone, not a PC. And the only reason shit like this is okay on a cell phone is because you can't play DOTA2 on one...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 18:55 ForgedReality

TorchMaster wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 12:33:
I say nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Appropriate avatar is appropriate.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 19, 2015, 16:54 ForgedReality

Osc8r wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 04:34:
I have a 65" samsung hu9000 (or something like that) in one room and a 55" lg oled in the other, and the oled leaves the samsung for dead.

Can't go back to LCD again... just waiting for OLED monitors to come so i can ditch the technology altogether.

OLED has MASSIVE problems with burn-in right now. You should try quantum dot (JS9000/JS9500) before you swear off LCD. There's even a 48" JS9000 which a lot of people are using as monitors, and it's glorious.

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
10. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 16:31 ForgedReality

They haven't? I guess I just had a dream about the Vive then. And Steamboxes. And in-home streaming. And Source 2. And HL3.

Wildone wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 14:46:
Yes its great, but then again they have made no efforts to do anything else either so with a company of that size and talent is shameful.

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 12:54:
A game from 2006 still being updated and supported, and which has a huge community even still in 2015 is something of a feat to be appreciated, I think.

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
4. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 12:54 ForgedReality

A game from 2006 still being updated and supported, and which has a huge community even still in 2015 is something of a feat to be appreciated, I think.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2015, 17:04 ForgedReality

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 15:39:
Rhett wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 05:52:
Well, I was sorta looking forward to Windows 10 (still using 7, haven't touched 8 at all) but this... this seems like a step in a scary direction. Wouldn't be surprised if, ironically, it leads to more people pirating it.

I doubt that 10 will be pirated since the activation is actually stored on MS servers rather than on your machine like previous editions of Windows did.

That doesn't even matter. You just crack the part of the software that checks for that. No big deal.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 15:33 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 14:37:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 14:33:
Gross. I don't get how people can kiss their animals on the mouth. It's disgusting. It's even worse when people let their nasty dogs lick them all over the face and shit. EUCH! I don't even like my own spit on me, but some mangy mutt that sits around licking its asshole and eating its own shit all day? I'll pass, thanks. I hope that kid didn't come away with scurvy or tuberculosis or some shit. XD

Sounds like you don't need to be a pet owner then.

Oh, I love all my pets. I also don't let them lick my fucking face. They also don't belong on the couch or the bed unless they're a cat, because they're way cleaner. When's the last time you had to give a cat a bath because it was too stinky?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 14:33 ForgedReality

Gross. I don't get how people can kiss their animals on the mouth. It's disgusting. It's even worse when people let their nasty dogs lick them all over the face and shit. EUCH! I don't even like my own spit on me, but some mangy mutt that sits around licking its asshole and eating its own shit all day? I'll pass, thanks. I hope that kid didn't come away with scurvy or tuberculosis or some shit. XD  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 15, 2015, 12:17 ForgedReality

'Watchable'

Ironically, that no one will watch.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 14, 2015, 12:11 ForgedReality

Guillermo Del Toro 'will never again get involved in video games

Good. Thank you for improving videogames.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
10. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 14, 2015, 12:08 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:59:
KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 10:35:
Can entire combat be modified so that it doesnt suck?

The combat could surely be improved but why does it suck?

Yeah, I don't get the vitriol surrounding the combat. I think it's fine. I feel like most people saying it sucks are just jumping on the fucking dipshit bandwagon that clueless Mack from Worth-A-Buy started.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 9, 2015, 22:08 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 17:56:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 15:48:
And that big fat dummy Mac said it's not worth a buy simply because he didn't like the fun combat (and after playing for only a short time). Fuck his stupid ass. Game of the decade, easily. I can't watch his videos anymore.

Interestingly they did make a modification to combat in which he shit on.

His credibility took a nosedive in my eyes. He didn't even give the game a chance or give it time to learn how it works. He had never played a Witcher game before, so he had no idea what he was getting into. He goes in expecting something different because it's a game unlike pretty much anything else out there.

Then he plays for barely any time at all, says stupid shit like "horses shouldn't automatically follow the trail"--even though that's actually entirely realistic. A horse will actually do that in real life; until you tell it where to go, it will instinctually follow paths and roads. Or shit like "I should be able to cancel this motion instead of waiting for the animation to complete." Really, Mac? That was seconds after you said the game was arcadey, console bullshit, but then you suggest adding in more arcade shit just because you don't understand how the fuck it works? Can a real swordsman just stop mid-swing? I don't think so.

Mac's a fucking dipshit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 9, 2015, 15:48 ForgedReality

And that big fat dummy Mac said it's not worth a buy simply because he didn't like the fun combat (and after playing for only a short time). Fuck his stupid ass. Game of the decade, easily. I can't watch his videos anymore.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 14:52 ForgedReality

Get your lazy ass out of bed. Holy shit. You're almost TEN HOURS into the day and you're still not up? >_<  

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Adding 24-Player Custom Games
3. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Adding 24-Player Custom Games Aug 7, 2015, 15:24 ForgedReality

JAGUART wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 14:10:
SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 12:39:
Madness.

Madness? THIS..IS...DOTA!

This game just turned into Deathmatch of the Ancients.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
4. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 10:12 ForgedReality

Is this where they finally make it fun or nah?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 11:25 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 10:40:
I wonder what the enterprise versions does here? A home user may or may not care all that much, but a lot of companies will care and I'd have to think MS knows that and then I think the enterprise version may have greatly reduced tracking. And if true, then that will be thee version to have.

Totally something to continue to watch, this will all be clear soon enough by IT professionals and published.

I'm sticking with my Enterprise version of 7 because fuck 10 square in the butthole.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Forcing Windows 10 update Jul 31, 2015, 16:51 ForgedReality

Pigeon wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 16:37:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 12:38:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 10:24:
The tool they mentioned from Microsoft worked well for me, seems less hassle than the manual method. I also went the clean install route, which involved upgrading first, verifying that my key had been registered as "genuine", copying down the new key, and then doing the 'clean install from a USB method'. I did notice with the delete everything upgrade choice there were still some files in my base c:\, and I suspect some of the old win 8 drivers were reused. I didn't do anymore digging to see what, if anything else, was left behind.

So far so good, only issue I'm having is firefox crashing when I open a newtab (ctrl+t). If I change the behavior to display a blank page or my home page it works. If I start firefox in safe-mode (firefox's safe-mode) it works. Having addons installed doesn't seem to effect it either way. I'll try to suss out what's going on more later today. Any insights are welcome though.

Set your homepage to http://www.google.com

Turning off hardware acceleration seemed to fix the problem; I don't know why I didn't try that first, it seems to solve a lot of problems with Firefox... I actually like the frequently visited sites tab, slightly more convenient than using bookmarks.

Good to know. Glad you fixed it. Maybe there are some drivers you need to reinstall or possibly they're buggy with W10.

1725 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo