Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1757 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 14:33 ForgedReality

Fantaz wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 17:51:
WB's Batman: Arkham Knight PC release had to have been the biggest fail for PC gaming this year.

I dunno, I heard about some space game, or ship buying sim, or whatever that I forget the name of that I guess had some pretty bad press too...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 14:51 ForgedReality

necrosis wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:20:
MajorD wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:05:
they're somewhat annoying,
They are very annoying. Not to mention he has this insanely smug attitude about him.

Not to mention having a very punchable face.

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of him either. Every time I accidentally end up on a video of his, I'm instantly trying to go back or close the tab as quickly as possible--whichever seems fastest at the time. Can't stand the fucker.

Cool that he made money doing this, but the sooner he leaves the internet/planet, the better. Him going paid and disappearing from the free version would be ideal. Similar to the way Howard Stern dismissed himself from the radio so we didn't have to endure him when he joined Sirius (now XM). If anything, this is one reason to keep me away from the paid YT (not that I needed more reasons), just like how Stern gave me more reasons to not subscribe to satellite radio.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 12:32 ForgedReality

RE: The Most Mysterious Star in Our Galaxy

Highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
91. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 17:58 ForgedReality

Kosumo wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 17:33:
Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 17:24:
And that's why no one in the industry who knows Roberts and his track record would give him dime one from the start.

Derek did, he gave him $250.

What does that say about Derek

That he wanted to see a cool space sim game, and that he wanted to support it, and that he's not fucking clairvoyant...? Not sure where you're intending to go with this.

90. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 17:56 ForgedReality

You guys are mean!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
22. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 14, 2015, 13:07 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 12:25:
peteham wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 06:26:
Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 10:15:
Looking forward to playing this.

First they have to get the issues from patch 1.10 sorted, though...

I hadn't heard there were issues; got any more info? Started playing yesterday but didn't get very far. If there's something potentially game breaking I'd rather find out&wait now than 30 hours in

The game crashes quite a bit on initiating dialogue or fast travel. I'd been playing absolutely crash free for a month, so this patch really doesn't do me any favors.

Rather than speed optimizations, they basically cost a lot of people like 10-15 fps on average.

And finally, for me, whenever I kill a monster in a dungeon anywhere, its loot drops on TOP of the dungeon. (Ie, the land above it.) Can be quite a pain in the ass to backtrack to try to find my emerald dust...

(I'm also not a huge fan of the price rebalancing they did, and they basically made food / drinks almost worthless for healing. It used to be you could swig some cranberry juice and eat some grilled pork, and you'd heal about as well as a potion of the swallow, but now food and drinks just override each other, all durations have been set to 10 seconds, and they're about half as effective...)

I'm pretty sure they always overrode each other. From the first time I started playing at launch, I was having to wait for the buff to run out before I consumed something else, lest I waste the health gain I would have gotten.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
21. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 14, 2015, 13:05 ForgedReality

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 17:01:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:50:
Of course I do.

My apologies. Didn't mean to imply you didn't. Simply wanted to eliminate that as a known.

Anyhow, did you start playing Witcher recently? I'm not 100% but I believe you have to be well into the main game's campaign in order to get the HOS quest.

New game doesn't cut it. I ended up having to load my save game from after the endgame.

20. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 11:34 ForgedReality

Me whenever one of these threads comes up.

Thanks, Chris Roberts.

13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 15:50 ForgedReality

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 14:11:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:34:
Hmm... Weird. I tried continuing and wandered around looking for new stuff and never saw a new notification. I tried creating new games a couple of times too. I tried everything short of doing the "Just Hearts of Stone" or whatever option. Guess I'll try again tonight or something.

Do you have the HOS expansion? You'll notice it. The main menu looks very different. Geralt looks like he's meditating in a graveyard.

Of course I do.

11. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 13:34 ForgedReality

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:59:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:36:
How do you access it from the normal story?

Select Continue Game. A few seconds after entering the game you will automatically get a new HOS quest. If you're on an existing quest you can choose to track the HOS quest. CDPR made it very easy.

Hmm... Weird. I tried continuing and wandered around looking for new stuff and never saw a new notification. I tried creating new games a couple of times too. I tried everything short of doing the "Just Hearts of Stone" or whatever option. Guess I'll try again tonight or something.

8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 12:36 ForgedReality

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:17:
Lots of Mad Max Fury Road references from random bandits, "What a day. What a lovely day!" ... "Witness me!"

The story is interesting. Better than I thought it would be. HOS basically expands the upper northeast to include LOTS more land to explore, caves, places to clear out, tons and tons more stuff. So yes, in case you're wondering this is truly an expansion.

How do you access it from the normal story?

4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 11:27 ForgedReality

I can't imagine a physical version of Gwent would be very easy to play. You have to keep track of the points and effects in play, and it just seems like it would be a pain in the ass. It works well in the game because it does all that for you. I don't know how fun it would be to play with real cards.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
24. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 19:54 ForgedReality

This video from March mentions HL3 as part of the Rubikon (Havok's physics engine replacement) testing tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTC0V0LWeGI

Probably all this hl3.txt file refers to, as DOTA 2 is now on the Source 2 engine, which incorporates Rubikon.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
10. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 15:42 ForgedReality

JOKE.
OF.
THE.
CENTURY.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
47. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 14:54 ForgedReality

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 14:17:
Credit where it's due, those are the best game explosions I've ever seen. I've been waiting for someone to actually attempt realistic ship damage and breakup since....Bridge Commander? Especially like the internal corridor shot. Of course the game still has to come out, etc.

Yeah. They spent $5mil to render the internal shot in Maya.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
46. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 14:51 ForgedReality

Linksil wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 11:36:
but shouldn't these ships implode instead of explode?

Uhm... No? Why the fuck would you think that? Space is a vacuum. The ships are pressurized with atmosphere. They would explode. Submarines implode. That's because underwater, there is more pressure outside than in. How is this difficult to grasp? XD

News Comments > The Crew Wild Hunt Trailer
4. Re: The Crew Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 6, 2015, 17:35 ForgedReality

Does this make the game not suck, or nah?  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
43. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:23 ForgedReality

The more I shit I hear from this blustering loudmouth liar, the more I want this train wreck of a "game" to fail. There is literally no way it can't at this point. It's been so built up and blown out of proportion, there is no way they could meet everyone's expectations now anyway, even if they did finally start meeting some stretch goals. Every time he says anything, he just digs his grave a little bit deeper.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 4, 2015, 18:55 ForgedReality

Wow. BBSes still exist?  

News Comments > Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated]
23. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated] Oct 4, 2015, 10:26 ForgedReality

People still play this terrible fucking shitty game? God damn... Consoles must be starved for entertainment. XD  

1757 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo