Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1796 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Radeon Crimson Drivers
2. Re: New Radeon Crimson Drivers Mar 10, 2016, 11:48 ForgedReality

Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 10:08:
Really strange that there is no mention of The Division in the driver. I know some of my friends were waiting on a new driver just for that game. Very odd they don't mention it.

Strange? Are you new to AMD drivers? Not nearly enough months have passed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Beacon Announced
7. Re: Beacon Announced Mar 9, 2016, 15:49 ForgedReality

It seems like everyone is jumping on the "roguelike" bandwagon lately.  

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway
9. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway Mar 8, 2016, 16:45 ForgedReality

descender wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 16:10:
Monkey Island 1 and 2 were already remastered and run just fine at 4K resolutions. I would love for them to complete the set though, 3 was my favorite.

I don't remember DOTT being that short, but I also haven't played it since like 1994 and I supposed the puzzles won't be nearly as complicated to solve now.

I would play the hell out of some remastered KQ/PQ/SQ but the new King's Quest episodic deal was a disaster... this may be a request better left unheard. :p

Some one apparently did some KQ remasters on their own... http://agdinteractive.com/games/games.html
Haven't checked em out myself.

All good info, but there were four Monkey Island games, if you don't count the episodic Tales one. :O

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway
7. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway Mar 8, 2016, 16:00 ForgedReality

Fun little game but it's like a two hour story. Short as hell, just like Full Throttle. I miss games like King's Quest, Space Quest, Hero's Quest (later Quest for Glory), Monkey Island (OMFG!!!!!! :D), and Leisure Suit Larry. Where are those games in 4k?  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
14. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 15:54 ForgedReality

Tons of people are reporting bugs like back screens and issues installing. Also, reportedly boring as fuck gameplay after 3 or 4 hours with hollow, soulless game premise. Typical Ubi. :/

I'll pass on this until it's in the $10 bin, maybe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2016, 10:53 ForgedReality

That's totally weird! I was just thinking about that quote this morning, only minutes ago, on the way in to work. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, BLUE!  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
23. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 15:38 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 15:17:
M$ is so good at listening to their customer's wants...

You will submit.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
17. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 14:47 ForgedReality

Hopefully the DRM is cracked quickly to make it work with Win 7. This shit won't make me downgrade. XD  

News Comments > The Division NVIDIA Trailer
5. Re: The Division NVIDIA Trailer Mar 1, 2016, 13:49 ForgedReality

Nullity wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 12:58:
Gadzooks wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 12:09:
the reflections in the game dont look anywhere near as good as they do in this video. At least not on my 970 at max settings. In the video, you can clearly see that objects being reflected but in the game (beta) everything had a massive blur to it, removing any and all crisp details.
That's odd. I have a 980, and during the beta, the reflections looked just like in this video. Perhaps you missed a setting, or maybe it was a beta bug?

Couldn't fit the extra texture data in 3.5 gigs.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2016, 11:53 ForgedReality

Funny. Microsoft is still trying to get in the AR game? Haven't heard anything of HoloLens for a long time, but I made this a bunch of years ago as a joke. XD

http://i.imgur.com/SAMtUNg.png

edit - the random name assigned to that image by Imgur almost says "Samsung". :O Confirmed: GearVR is gonna feature HL3.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2016, 11:08 ForgedReality

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 11:00:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 10:42:
Yeah, Bill. Nobody will ever need more than 64kB either.

But you're right. You already set the precedent by allowing the NSA into all your devices, so, may as well throw the rest of the camel in the tent.

You also know that quote is famously out of context, right?

Because I typoed 64 when I meant 640? XD Bill is famously shortsighted. He got started in the game by stealing and selling someone else's shit. Of course he doesn't give a shit about his customers' privacy. He's been stealing and selling that for years too. He's not going to care about any legal precedent that allows for further transgressions.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2016, 10:59 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 10:46:
Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 10:24:
It was a device used in the commission of a crime, it's pretty cut and dry and has been even since before electronics were a thing.

Yep and they have it, do with it what you will boys, you're the experts.

Except, even with the supposed crime aspect, you can't merely ignore the constitution. You violate someone's rights in order to obtain evidence, and ordinarily, that kind of shit is inadmissible in court. But throw around the word "terrorism" and everything's fair game I guess. Fucking sheep.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2016, 10:42 ForgedReality

Yeah, Bill. Nobody will ever need more than 640kB either.

But you're right. You already set the precedent by allowing the NSA into all your devices, so, may as well throw the rest of the camel in the tent.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2016, 11:05.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Specs
7. Re: Need for Speed PC Specs Feb 19, 2016, 13:08 ForgedReality

Need For Speed has been absolute GARBAGE for over a fucking decade. The last good ones were High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed in 1999 and 2000 respectively. Since then, it's all annoying arcade trash. Sure, let's take a 145 degree corner doing 250mph in a Honda without even breaking the tires loose... in the wet!

Dumb.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 15, 2016, 14:54 ForgedReality

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 14:06:
I will never buy an Apple but let's hope that the exclusion of the 3.5mm jack doesn't become a trend.

HAAHAHA!! That's dumb as shit! Who the fuck even uses the speaker on their phone? XD

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 10, 2016, 15:39 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 15:09:
whitelined wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 14:29:
Flash adds made me think of punch the monkey

That's a hell of a flashback...

Ba-da-bing!

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 13:19:
And don't forget tracking. Besides ads being potentially dangerous there's the privacy component which I'd rate as more important. No, I do not give you permission to track my surfing the interwebs. What I'm doing is my business, not yours. If you can't respect that then fuck you, you get blocked.

Every single site tracks you, either for the purpose of retargeting (ads that follow you around), or for metrics (and whatever else they want to use that data for). Google Analytics stores an astonishing amount of information.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2016, 09:47 ForgedReality

Nobody should ever buy Seagate products. They're trash. They've been worse ever since they acquired Maxtor, and thus became the worst hard drive manufacturer on the planet. Serves you fuckers right for being dumb. There's a reason cheap shit is cheap. XD  

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 3, 2016, 09:45 ForgedReality

Glad I'm on 7 Enterprise. I don't even have to worry about this bullshit.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
15. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 3, 2016, 09:41 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 09:04:
Nice deal, except it ain't the actual NFS Most Wanted everyone loved ^^ Still, free is free.. so.. whatever

Origin. Not Even Once.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 2, 2016, 01:16 ForgedReality

NetHead wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 01:02:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 20:39:
Highway gothic is easier to read.

I think the "1 Mile" version is much better.

Oh god! The new one is a lot closer to Comic Sans than I think they realize. The old one is much, much nicer. It's cleaner and feels more structured and is more easily legible, at least to me, based on that one example. The 6 on Highway Gothic makes me fucking angry. It is oddly skewed, like a little kid drew it. I'm assuming all of the numbers are like that. I'm just now realizing I'm overanalyzing this. Carry on.

I'm gonna go stab the driver ahead of me in the neck with a screwdriver now.

1796 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo