Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1886 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 11, 2016, 00:12 ForgedReality

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 21:21:
Samsung introduced it's own high-end desktop heating element.

I dunno... Kinda looks like a pipe bomb to me...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 10, 2016, 13:31 ForgedReality

They will not make the same mistake with the Note 8. And hopefully they learn to go back to flat screens instead of that bullshit, usability-limiting gimmick of the curved edges, and they bring back a replaceable battery and IR blaster. Those things are the reasons that kept me from jumping on the Note 7. Then the battery issue happened, and it made me glad that I'm picky and don't compromise on my standards.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bikers Launch
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bikers Launch Oct 5, 2016, 09:50 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 06:02:
If you have the redux mod installed, this patch breaks the game.

You mean the Redux mod breaks the game...

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 03:42:
Is there anyone left from Blues that's playing this on the PC?

Definitely. I've never seen any Blue's News crew online though. I stopped playing for several months due to the hackers. Now most of them are gone and it's fun as hell to play again. The rare occurrence of a hacker is not nearly as annoying these days. No more spawning sperm whales and tankers on top of you or dropping billions of dollars from heaven. Just the rare aimbotter here and there, which is nowhere near that big of a deal in this game since it's so large.

You need to try the stunt events they added an update or two back. Great fun.

News Comments > Space Odyssey Presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson
7. Re: Space Odyssey Presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson Oct 4, 2016, 09:40 ForgedReality

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 18:15:
Militant Atheists love Tyson. The same guy that used to work for George W. Bush.

Ahh, religion. The last bastion of the closed mind, and the source of great ridicule by intelligent humans.

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
28. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 23:21 ForgedReality

Kosumo wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 22:27:
ForgedReality wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 11:09:
Gonna suck. Videogame movies are just a terrible idea altogether. There has never been a good one made.

Wrong - Chris Roberts Wing Commander directed by Chris Roberts.

That's why people give him 124 million dollars!

Wrong. People give him 124 million dollars because they're dumb.

21. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 18:34 ForgedReality

Joey Viner wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 16:06:
Does the projector break down two-thirds of the way into the movie?

I see what you did there, you silly, silly goose, you!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 29, 2016, 11:13 ForgedReality

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 11:01:
I'm not sure I'd want any more "powerful surprises" from Samsung at this point.

Didn't you know they've recently hired Michael Bay to help with their upcoming projects? At least he hates dumb fucking retarded-ass curved-edge screens just as much as the rest of us.

7. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 11:09 ForgedReality

Gonna suck. Videogame movies are just a terrible idea altogether. There has never been a good one made.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 27, 2016, 20:44 ForgedReality

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 10:50:
Be safer still and don't even use Windows 10!

Fixed.

News Comments > Clustertruck Rolls
8. Re: Clustertruck Rolls Sep 27, 2016, 16:52 ForgedReality

sauron wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 15:08:
GinRummy wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 13:37:
Unless they remake Duck Hunt as Clusterduck. Or a hockey game: Clusterpuck. Or a vacuum simulator: Clustersuck.

Well played, good sir.

I'm guessing that last one has already been turned into a movie. And that it didn't star a vacuum cleaner...

Well, that was just her nickname.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 24, 2016, 18:09 ForgedReality

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 16:56:
Not a bad looking mouse, far less gaudy than most. 2400 dpi is impressive, although a lot of these mice just use a multiplier to get "higher dpi", resulting in a cursor that cannot be moved pixel-by-pixel. Hopefully Biostar didn't do that, but...most mice at this price do that.

I tried to get away from Razer, but after trying several other brands, ended up back with them again, on a Mamba. SteelSeries, EVGA, a few ridiculous no-names. Nope. Couldn't get the basics of "actually works, reliably". Not a fan of having software logging in just to use my mouse, but honestly...fuck it, whatever. Everything phones home anymore.

Easily the best right here:

https://www.amazon.com/ELECOM-Wireless-button-function-M-XT3DRBK/dp/B016QCPNUW

It's replaced my amazing M570.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
15. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 23, 2016, 21:59 ForgedReality

Meh. Wasn't even a consideration in the first place.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 22, 2016, 20:39 ForgedReality

And that's why you don't need Verizon.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 08:03 ForgedReality

shiho wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 06:19:
Russia, China and IRAN are members of the "new ICANN". Chinese "new ICANN" office is in the same building as their vast Internet censorship brigade.

America has been the beacon of freedom in the world, compared to pretty much any other country. It invented the Internet, it built its initial infrastructure, and it should've remained the gatekeeper.

Obama's relinquishing ICANN to an international body is sabotage. If this made "no technical difference" to the function of the Internet, and was "purely clerical", he wouldn't have bothered. Internet censorship is part of this man's agenda, as he has proven to be a dictator through and through. This child-king jailed a filmmmaker (Dinesh D'Souza) for making a critical movie about him. He has a thin skin, and would love nothing more than to shut down those pesky dissenters. "Fairness doctrine", anyone? So, there will be, in fact, a functional decline in the Internet freedom, even if it won't be immediately obvious.

And of course, after Obama is booted out of the White House (which will need to be thoroughly bleached), he will do his utmost to secure a position at the UN, and "contribute" to the future of the Internet in that way.

Ted Cruz is a patriotic man who is following his conscience, despite being mocked by our Soviet-style government-media complex. God bless him and godspeed.

Oh Jesus fucking christ. I didn't think these kinds of morons were gamers. Fucking hell. It's permeating and infecting everything. Humanity is doomed.

News Comments > Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom Trailer
3. Re: Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom Trailer Sep 20, 2016, 16:18 ForgedReality

What exactly is a "shiness?" Like, a female shin?  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles
9. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 20, 2016, 16:07 ForgedReality

ItBurn wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 13:24:
I've been pro-nvidia for a long time, but I may switch to AMD to combat the Win10 bullshittery. I also think that Vulkan is a way better solution than DX12. It's not looking good for AMD at the moment though...

And what would you change to? AMD has literally nothing that can compete, and I don't see Vega being capable enough to compete with Volta. They'll be lucky if it matches the GTX 1080.

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 13:26:
Funny, I really have not found any issues with Windows 10, while the windows 7 PC continually has issues.

As to the Nvidia bundle, until the prices comes down on the 1070 I will stick with my 960, I still run practically everything on high.

I have to use a Windows 10 laptop at work. Holy fuck it's atrociously bug-ridden.

I use three monitors. Wanna lock Windows when you go to the restroom? Fuck you and your window positions. Now they're all on your center screen just for shits and giggles. Hey, remember that time you had Photoshop on your right display? NEITHER DO I!

Auto-hide start bar? WHAAAT?! Fuck that. I'm gonna forever-hide it so you have to use the windows key or ctrl+esc to get it to show up. And then, sometimes, it will just fucking disappear while the start menu still stays visible. PROGRESS!

Every now and then, let's just turn random elements in your programs BLACK so you can't fucking see them. Sure, we'll blame it on your video adapter drivers, but these are the latest ones and who cares about supporting industry standard hardware?

Oh, remember how you locked your PC earlier? You forgot to turn off wifi first, so, now, when you try to log in, I'm gonna attempt to connect to wifi using the credentials you just entered. WHOA! You made a typo! I can't connect. Fuck it, I'll still try logging you into your PC. HOLY FUCK!!! Remember that typo from a second ago? Yeah, there goes two of your three domain group policy login attempts. Better get it right on the second try, or you're locked the fuck out. Your IT department must really love this switch to Windows 10 with the hugely inflated lockout incidences versus 7.

Oh, you don't want Windows Store enabled or Cortana tracking every move you make? Okay, fine. Then you just can't use search from the start menu anymore. FUCK YOU! You have to find your control panel settings and installed programs yourself! MUAHAHAH!!! That'll teach you to turn off useless bloat. >:/

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 20, 2016, 10:37 ForgedReality

This is an ad, so of course their "findings" won't be without slant.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod Sep 20, 2016, 00:53 ForgedReality

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:48:
Slick wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:23:
I've been playing this all afternoon, really give's "the worse"'s WD_1 mod a run for it's money, GTA V Finally looks and plays like I've wanted it to. Still a couple wonky things happening, the new road textures like to pick and choose when they're streaming in, it's a real mess when flying a chopper above the city.... but other than that it looks great, runs great, and the driving handling alone is worth the upgrade. Feels a LOT more like GTA IV episodes from Liberty city now, cars have weight, you can Finnish Flick them around corners and dodge through traffic. And maybe I haven't played it in a while, but the fast cars seem faster. Like you have to really watch your speed when maneuvering, you're not just flooring it the whole time.

If you want to test your control with a fast car, get the RE-7B with the carbon spoiler and stock tires/rims. There is a glitch with that particular combination that makes it easily the fastest vehicle in the game. Races can actually be quite a bit harder with it because many of the tracks were just not made for that kind of speed in mind. It's a great car all around, even if you choose not to glitch the speed.

I assume that just works with this mod and not the stock game...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 15:09 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 15:01:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:06:
Glad Everspace made the list, even if only at #10!

Agreed. Hearing great things about it...

Why is it yelling its title to me?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2016, 19:27 ForgedReality

Guardians looks terrible. Horribly cheesy, contrived storyline, shitty b-movie special effects, no-name actors, dumb makeup, guaranteed waste of time. Have fun though! XD  

1886 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo