Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1734 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
8. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 14:02 ForgedReality

Darks wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:25:
harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 11:16:
like gears of war level cover shooter

BLEH

OK, someone really needs to explain to me why Cover is being regarded as bad? This to me is just stupid to comment as such. This is what happens in real life this is not some Rambo game where you stand out in the open blasting away like a madman. There is nothing wrong with cover.

I think a lot of the problem has to do with lazy AI, where the enemies will hide in cover, and pop out at predictable intervals squeezing off exactly three shots, before going back in cover, and never darting between hiding spots, or generally trying to out-flank the player.

Additionally, cover shooters turn into a dumbed-down excuse for lazy damage implementation. You take a couple hits, there's a red glow around the edges of the screen, so you hide in cover for several seconds while you miraculously regain health so that you can return to the fight.

Cover is used as a crutch for shitty gunplay. You take damage, and have to hide for a bit. It would be better if you could apply bandages or something in cover instead of being forced to feel like you cheated your way past a point in the game. It should be tactical rather than necessary.

It seems every game these days falls back on that same tired formula. It's lazy and unimaginative. But I guess if you're a publisher and you want to push a deadline, you can't afford to have devs using creativity.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 18:20 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 18:07:
Dacron wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 17:13:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 15:31:
GTA Online for the PC is fucking dead. Good luck trying to get any heists or missions going to get money for the new content they added.

So focused on adding content they let the griefers/hackers kill their online component. Haven't played in months.

Same here, not to mention it was a totally broken mess (on PC) the last time I did actually try it. Was stuck in a garage and could never exit it. Patched: Never

Never seemed a broken mess to me. No issues other than the fucking blatant hackers everywhere. Thinking I might need to find a hack somewhere just to survive and earn some goddamned money. I still haven't been able to start the lowrider shit.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
7. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Dec 18, 2015, 01:06 ForgedReality

Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 19:59:
While being the biggest AMD whiner here, I'm loathe to hit that 'Update' button...at least until some other guinea pig tries them first. I have my system set just right and a bad driver update is gonna fuck with my OCD...

=-Rigs-=

Well, if you'd just switch to the Green Team, you'd never have to worry about that as a potential problem.

Kids never learn...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2015, 19:51 ForgedReality

"Sometimes the Acura seemed to lock on to the car in front of it, or take cues around a curve from a neighboring car. Hotz hadnít programmed any of these behaviors into the vehicle. He canít really explain all the reasons it does what it does. Itís started making decisions on its own."

Ca-rreeeeeepy!

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
14. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 15:52 ForgedReality

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:47:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:16:
We should all thank Derek Smart for providing the motivational force behind getting Cloud Imperium Games to get off their lazy asses and release this update to the CryEngine tech demo known as Star Citizen.

I'm sure that the backlash created by the dirt that was leaking from CIG and which was highlighted by Derek Smart had some part to play in them rushing this out. 5 years. 100m in funding and we still only have a pre-alpha, buggy mess and still not even a beta of Squadron 42.

Notice how after all that shit and the childish blustering and legal threats from Roberts, he finally wisened up and shut his fucking mouth, and now suddenly there's all these updates and progress reports and shit? They're still bleeding out, of course, but it's at least entertaining to watch...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week Dec 11, 2015, 00:36 ForgedReality

Instead of doing this totally un-fun bullshit, why don't you focus on eliminating all the fucking bitch ass hackers in this fucking ruined game? It's never even a fun experience going online anymore.  

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division
6. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 11, 2015, 00:34 ForgedReality

Nothing having to do with EA matters.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 20:37 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 15:54:
KontrolStyle wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 15:38:
Just think of the kids, if they tried this game compared to their console games.. what would they say? The game that help start it all.. DOOM!

iddqd / idkfa !

idspispopd was where it was at... but then they pussied out and just changed it to idclip.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 10, 2015, 00:24 ForgedReality

Well, I've been playing "three-dimensional" videogames basically my entire life, and my memory still sucks, so....  

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
5. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Nov 30, 2015, 12:35 ForgedReality

God damn, AMD is trash. Their drivers have always been shit, but it seems like they're getting progressively worse these days. There's a reason they're cheaper, folks. Not worth the headaches or the risk if you ask me.  

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
22. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 06:04 ForgedReality

I just picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood for 20 bucks. No brainer.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2015, 13:04 ForgedReality

What a surprise!  

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode
2. Re: New GTA Online Mode Nov 24, 2015, 15:26 ForgedReality

Whiskers wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 12:30:
Hopefully this update does something about all the modders on PC. It's nearly impossible to have any fun in GTA Online anymore because hackers either cheat at the freemode events, set everyone on fire, or just blow everyone up. Haven't been in a public lobby without a hacker in weeks.

I once had somebody spawning objects directly onto players. They would be stuck to them no matter where they went. I talked some shit about one of the hackers, and suddenly I found myself with whales and shit stuck to my face. Hundreds of them, one by one, in quick succession, until my game eventually crashed.

Fuckers. They should all be lynched.

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Debut
3. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Debut Nov 24, 2015, 15:18 ForgedReality

AMD was always good at putting lipstick on a pig.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
17. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:09 ForgedReality

Guys, stop blaming the devs. It is entirely, 100% the fault of the distributors/publishers. Devs want to put out quality products. It's not their intent to screw over any platform or release unfinished shite. It's just that the publisher steps in and goes, "hey fuckers! We need to get this shit out in three weeks. Get it done. We're tryna make money and shit and we can't afford to keep paying you to get it right, so just get it 'good enough' so we can sucker all the 12 year olds out of their moms' money. Thanks."

But then, if you give the devs ALL control and let them choose the deadlines, you end up with Star Citizen. One day, hopefully, we can find a happy middle-ground. :\

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 17:02 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 17:01:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 16:50:
harlock wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 15:09:
managed to fix it by going to "global settings" in nvidia control panel and restoring defaults...

not sure what was making it unhappy - i suspect the DSR (upscaling), but even after i turned it off it still had the problem... only went away when i restored defaults - maybe it didnt like something else

Well, first comment on that video you linked says:

Solution: Turn off MFAA in Nvidia Control Panel to fix this issue for now.

that didnt work... as others mentioned in the thread below the video

Oh, my bad. I didn't read that far.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 16:50 ForgedReality

harlock wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 15:09:
managed to fix it by going to "global settings" in nvidia control panel and restoring defaults...

not sure what was making it unhappy - i suspect the DSR (upscaling), but even after i turned it off it still had the problem... only went away when i restored defaults - maybe it didnt like something else

Well, first comment on that video you linked says:

Solution: Turn off MFAA in Nvidia Control Panel to fix this issue for now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 09:59 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 04:36:
ionno, the last 2 gens have had the Ti edition come out 6 months after initial launch, I don't want to end up getting the 980 version of Pascal when there's a 980Ti on the horizon. this should be the last card i buy for a few years, I can already run most things at +120 fps @ 1440p with the 980, but i take a hit in video settings, would be nice to get back to downsampling

You may as well wait until the second gen Pascal. Me, I'm still on a 3gb GTX580, and while it runs recent games surprisingly well, I'm itching for Pascal. It's lasted me many years, and is still a great card. Skipped everything, waiting for 980ti, but buying one now would be fucking stupid with Pascal so close.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
11. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 18, 2015, 16:43 ForgedReality

Alamar wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 13:14:
Looks nice and crisp at 4k, but a lot of AA issues in the vid, and the extra 'crispness' points out just how angular a lot of models are...

In the end, none of that matters... Peeps will love it : )

I didn't... I picked up JC and JC2 years after release, and I found myself fighting with the controls, so I didn't play more than 30m or so. Hopefully this one is better, but I'll never find out ; )

You are clearly on crack. I had TONS of fun with Just Cause 2. The controls were fine. I still go back to it every once in a while.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 13, 2015, 12:57 ForgedReality

Damn I miss that show. I used to watch it all the time as a kid. I wish I could find the episodes online somewhere.  

1734 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo