Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1863 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ranked Dota 2 Now Requires Phone Number
7. Re: Ranked Dota 2 Now Requires Phone Number Apr 21, 2017, 14:22 ForgedReality

Solo queue! Yes! I've been waiting for this forever! Games with people teaming up are always way fucking harder and I almost always end up losing. Not because there are players working together, but it tends to pair me with MUCH higher ranked players. Annoying as shit.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Duke O'Death
2. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 19:41 ForgedReality

And now hackers are stealing your money. In a matter of seconds, you can have your account drained. Whee. I lost millions last night because some prick decided he deserves to be shot in the face fifty times with a shoulder mounted rocket launcher in real life. I spent AGES earning that money. And now it's gone almost instantly. Fuck this game. Rockstar doesn't ever do shit about the hackers. And they only exist because of their shitty peer-to-peer netcode. Dumb.  

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Trailer
5. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Trailer Mar 31, 2017, 09:36 ForgedReality

Does anybody actually buy these dumb Telltale games?  

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
33. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 31, 2017, 00:54 ForgedReality

Flatline wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 15:49:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:38:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:04:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:51:
Definitely well deserved. I will say I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 - the story was weak and the boss battles were frickin' frustrating - but I loved the first and third. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.

Letho of Gulet is still one of my favorite characters of all time. Which is why I think Witcher 2 was amazing.

Oh definitely. The characters were all incredibly interesting, particularly Letho.I let him live at the end because I totally empathized with his cause. The story in 2 was what disappointed me, or maybe the way it was told.

I killed him because he got me into enough trouble to fill a swimming pool.

I did sit down, have a drink with him, and commiserate with him for a while though before we came to hostilities. That fight was more of a "you got this coming" than an "I'm going to enjoy this" moment. And really, he seemed to agree.

FUCK Letho, man! That piece of shit. I killed his ass and I fucking felt a massive wave of relief and joy from it. I wished I had a shoulder mounted rocket launcher for his fucking dickhead ass.

Kinda-almost wondered if he'd make an appearance in 3, but I continued from my save game, having killed him. Probably didn't make much difference, I imagine...

News Comments > Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week
5. Re: Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week Mar 31, 2017, 00:46 ForgedReality

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 00:26:
I have no idea why the felt they needed to emulate the random quake models, my god, quake 3 model art aesthetic was basically random stuff the gamedev team thought was cool. There really wasn't any consistent aesthetic.

And the first two Quake games were essentially nothing more than tech demos that happened to have kind of fun gameplay. Why should that formula change?

News Comments > The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends
2. Re: The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends Mar 29, 2017, 11:06 ForgedReality

They need to go back to doing more games like The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. No more dumb, weird shit that feels like it's just trying to conform with everything else that's out there.

Also, the guy before me, did you mean "defiantly?" I don't think you did.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2017, 20:44 ForgedReality

Also incredibly fucking dangerous. That stuff is microscopic needleblades. Far worse than fiberglass or asbestos. Spraying it would be scary as fuck. That shit in the air is terrifying to me. It's how you get cancers and shit. I wouldn't even handle the stuff. Yikes.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2017, 10:23 ForgedReality

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 09:10:
Game resale has moved from Gamespot to the net. That is their problem, not the publishers.

GameStop*

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 02:19 ForgedReality

Kxmode wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 00:15:
NetHead wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 17:36:
Dev wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 17:07:
Poor gamestop

Gamespot is so screwed, not just because of all the crap they do, but also because publishers want that whole business gone.

I trust Steam users more than sites like GameSpot. Gamers tend to be brutally honest. With GameSpot there always this lingering doubt that there's a conflict of interest. IGN is completely untrustworthy because of this.

Ummmmm... This is a joke right?

GameStop != GameSpot... >_>

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 01:38 ForgedReality

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 23:35:
Sempai wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 22:28:
As far as i'm aware Amazon doesn't have a presence here in Utah, and we're paying tax on every transaction.. How does that work?

You can blame your local government for that:

"Effective January 1, 2017, the Internet sales behemoth will begin collecting Utahís state sales tax. Itís part of an agreement between Amazon and the Utah State Tax Commission. Amazon will collect both Utahís 4.7 percent sales tax rate and local option sales taxes, the commission has said. "

FOUR POINT SEVEN?! And you're complaining?! It's more than double that here. >:/

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 23, 2017, 16:13 ForgedReality

Completely 100% fake. That hole is CUT out. Where the fuck are all the pieces that would make themselves known on the desk? How the fuck is the film in the front of the panel just a big fucking giant hole rather than a tear? How did he manage to get his head through the back of the monitor just by headbutting it? This is fucking fake as shit, probably trying to get some PR for the Chinese nerdcafe.  

News Comments > Shiness Next Month
1. Re: Shiness Next Month Mar 23, 2017, 11:41 ForgedReality

Is a shiness, like, the dominant female shin in a pack of shins? I don't get it...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 22, 2017, 17:47 ForgedReality

NetHead wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 17:06:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 15:50:
Not having seen the video, it's hard to speculate as to whether the viewers A) knew it was not consensual and B) knew the girl was underaged.

Fair enough, maybe I'm being to pessimistic, though it wouldn't be the first time hearing of situations where a number of people knew someone needed help and did nothing.

Maybe you're new to the internet, but how can you fap and phone the police at the same time? If you can invent the way to do that, there's your first million!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2017, 23:39 ForgedReality

So AMD can't make money in the CPU or GPU space, so they've decided to become a patent troll. Nice.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 18, 2017, 00:06 ForgedReality

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 20:09:
Sequential R/W will be up to 3.2 GBps, with Random R/W up to 750K/160K IOPS.
Yikes

That's... Fucking fast.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 11:35 ForgedReality

RE: Windows 10 as an ad platform

This isn't a new revelation. We knew this, what, two years ago? You can count on me keeping Windows 7 Enterprise for the foreseeable future.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
44. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 10, 2017, 08:15 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 05:26:
Lord Tea wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 02:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 17:16:
And with that, VEGA is looking pretty dead. Those benches look pretty mind-blowing, first 4k able GPU, but still a genereation away from driving 4K ultra settings, and 2 generations at least, for VR at 4K .. sigh.

I take it you've some insight on VEGA's performance. Please enlighten us.

Take it as wild conjecture..

But why else would it beat a Titan XP in some benches and come out this soon (10 months!) after the 1080 and 1070 trounced anything ATI made? Don't you think Nvidia is making sure it has the performance lead way ahead before Vega is even shown, in order to take any potential wind out of ATI's sails PR wise? Kinda hard to announce a GPU when you are beat in all benchmarks before it releases.. is what I think Nvidia thinks.

You keep saying ATI. I don't think you realize that ATI is dead. That name is from a time when the company was competitive. Since AMD, there has been nothing really of note out of the red camp for anyone concerned with the high end. Green has been the only option.

If you refuse to refer to the company as "AMD" out of some indignant sense of stubborn righteousness, I think you're doing more to insult the brand's legacy than to honor it. AMD is not worthy of the name ATI.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 10:54 ForgedReality

sauron wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 10:48:
Wow, if I had bought a 1080, I would be pretty annoyed by this. The Ti seems to replace that card since it is significantly faster and a similar price? Or am I getting my facts wrong?

It handily replaces the Titan X Pascal as well.

I'm for sure getting this and a new 55" 4k TV to pair together. Been sitting on this GTX 580 forever. I'd wait for Volta, but I want 4k now! I can sell this and replace it with the high end Volta part later.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 3, 2017, 17:24 ForgedReality

Sounds like they're blaming Windows for their bad engineers.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 15:32 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 15:17:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 14:50:
I love Apple hardware, but I think iPads are just awful for the classroom. When the kids get to middle school, give everyone a raspberry pie and let them learn how a computer actually works.

I was building computers from 5th grade on back in the late 80s/90s. Kids need to be doing that more, not playing tablet/phone games so much.

Not a bad idea. I can totally see giving younger kids that type of tech and then in HS, start giving them every day tools and every day exp type of classes. Along with improved steering and training in fields they excel at.

I'm a software engineer, and thinking of getting into full stack because I grew up in the early days and was building my own PCs from single-digit age. In fact, I've only ever owned PCs I built myself. I don't know any kids capable of that these days, and I kind of worry about their capability to do any real technical work in the future. Considering the direction that the economy is going, it can't be a bad idea to get kids started off "correctly" instead of with these tools that already do everything for them with no explanation as to how they work. Kids need to learn how to learn.

1863 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo