Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 1792 (Pro)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steep Released
5. Re: Steep Released Dec 2, 2016, 16:54 ForgedReality

Looks like the most boring game in history. Almost on par with every impression I've ever had of No Man's Sky...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike
3. Re: Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike Dec 1, 2016, 13:22 ForgedReality

This game is waaaaaaaaaay too much micromanagement. Water physics are a pretty cool feature, but the rest of the game is just frustrating. Cemeteries fill up very quickly, so you have to build more, and once they're full, they just take up space, and nobody likes living near one, so that's less areas you can build for your growing citizenry. Energy requirements quickly get out of hand, and the ones that create more pollution seem to work better, but quickly become their own worst enemy. Waste management, population satisfaction, water and power are each a constant battle. As you grow, you need more power and resources. You need amusement parks, etc. for your citizens. You need to build metropolitan transportation options such as buses and trains, along with all their routes to cover the city. You need waste management, and the landfills fill up quickly, incinerators suck up a lot of power and create more pollution. Emergency services don't cover very much area, so you need to keep building and upgrading those all the time. You need schools and jobs. This game becomes a huge pain in the ass pretty fast, and it gets worse the more you advance. I can't even imagine the annoying aspect of adding natural disasters into the mix.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
14. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 18:38 ForgedReality

|RaptoR| wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 15:20:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 13:13:
VaranDragon wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:44:
a fan of the first two Space Hulk PC games in particular.

Nothing beats the original EA Space Hulk adaptation mission briefing guys voice.

"Brother Marine... One squad is available for your command."

Dude's voice was epic.

GET OUTTA MY WAY! I CAN DO ANYTHING!

I played the hell out of that game! It is the entire extent of my knowledge of Warhammer.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 18, 2016, 09:40 ForgedReality

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 20:52:
The S340 is such an amazing case. Glad I spent a little extra for it.

A little extra? What's a little extra? $70 is EXTREMELY cheap.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen' Nov 17, 2016, 02:02 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 01:35:
Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 23:30:
Shok wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:48:
ROFL even Derek Smart is piping in. Get that popcorn ready!

He has to. He sucks at making games, so he has to bully others.

Also a news outlet that quotes "him" for something that "he" has zero insight over is really saying a lot about that news outlet

Ps.: A Minecraft movie? Minecraft has a story?

https://telltale.com/series/minecraft-story-mode/

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 14:20 ForgedReality

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 10:41:
If only people had holes in their head that would allow light to be transformed into a visual image within their brains, then these cars wouldn't be such a problem.

I know right? Blind/visually-impaired people should never be allowed in public. It's insanity! Don't worry. The Donald will fix this...

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 14:18 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 13:29:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:29:
swedishfriend wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 23:30:
The noise from the tires is already much louder than the engine noise in many modern gasoline cars. When I am out walking I often hear the tire noise without ever hearing the engine of cars that are close.

Quality tires don't have that problem.

ALL tires make noise above a certain speed (25mph) and above 30mph you have wind noise.

This law is for speeds below that range where tires make (no) noise ^^

I wasn't suggesting there is NO sound. I was saying, the cheapies are the ones that make loud brown noise when a car is cruising by at neighborhood speeds. Higher end tires are typically much quieter.

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2016, 01:29 ForgedReality

swedishfriend wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 23:30:
The noise from the tires is already much louder than the engine noise in many modern gasoline cars. When I am out walking I often hear the tire noise without ever hearing the engine of cars that are close.

Quality tires don't have that problem. It's the cheap, garbage tires that are typically included with a car that are loud and annoying.

I don't think "honking" or something like that would be the appropriate solution either. The problem isn't pedestrians in the road, it's when pedestrians are alongside the road, either attempting to cross, or just walking alongside. You want to be able to hear oncoming vehicles around you, especially for visually impaired individuals.

What about something like the kids used to do in the olden days with playing cards in the spokes of their bicycles?

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
20. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 11, 2016, 11:11 ForgedReality

No interest in this game. Looks like a boring rip-off of the much better TF2. Seems like it's overhyped everywhere, and I'm getting a little tired of it. When is Trump gonna put up a wall around Blizzard? XD  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 11, 2016, 10:13 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 20:55:
That 35 inch screen must be a joke... 1080p on that aspect at that size? Enjoy the pixels.

Would be decent if it was 4k though. Oh well. Guess this underperforming brand intends to remain underperforming.

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free
6. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free Nov 9, 2016, 12:40 ForgedReality

Free swag? Sure, why not?  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 9, 2016, 01:59 ForgedReality

Nimh wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 20:43:
We want OLED 1440p!!

I've been gaming at 16:10 1440p for over 15 years. We want better than OLED 4k.

OLED has too many problems.. Motion blur, input lag, burn-in (this is actually a huge one), low maximum brightness, pixel longevity, etc. Maybe once it reaches the point where it's ready for consumer products, it could be a viable alternative. However, I hear tell of something new from Samsung right around the corner...

News Comments > 10 Million Play The Crew
9. Re: 10 Million Play The Crew Nov 4, 2016, 15:57 ForgedReality

I want more driving SIMULATORS. This consoley, arcadey bullshit these days is just not my cup of tea. There was a time when Need For Speed had semi-realistic physics. High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed were the best in the series.

Grid and Dirt 2 are pretty good, but FH3 is just dumbed down arcade trash again. :/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 10:59 ForgedReality

When an uninsured, unlicensed driver with a car full of at least 5 people, ran a stop sign and damn near head-on'd with me, I had to haggle like hell with my insurance company, asking them to show me the examples they used to set my vehicle's value. They kept finding the cheapest ones they could that didn't even match the trim level or options on my car. I had to go back to them three or four times telling them to get it right. They wanted to give me $15k less than it was worth. Jackasses want to get away with spending as little as possible. It should be a crime. Sounds like maybe you had better luck, Blue, but I'd still like to see what they were basing the assessment on if I were you... Good luck!  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 31, 2016, 14:39 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 09:48:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 05:03:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:13:
Yeah, I'm sure that makes up for all the evil they do.

I'm sure you have a list of all these "evil" things for us... *waits with chin on fist* This should be good. XD

Really? Do you really traipse through life so blissfully unaware of what's going on around you? If you don't know about the evil that corps like Google do than suffice it to say you likely don't care and it would be a waste of time explaining it. It's very quick and easy to research it yourself if you're so inclined.

So you can't explain it. Okay. Well hopefully the mind rays don't leak through that tinfoil hat of yours either.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 31, 2016, 05:03 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 15:13:
Yeah, I'm sure that makes up for all the evil they do.

I'm sure you have a list of all these "evil" things for us... *waits with chin on fist* This should be good. XD

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 29, 2016, 22:22 ForgedReality

Fion wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:19:
I haven't used deodorant in years.. let alone soap (save occasional hand soap - never the antibacterial stuff) or shampoo. Instead I've worked to restore my bodies natural microbiology. I find I don't sweat as often (accept working out of course), my hair is thick and doesn't tangle much (though it isn't as shiny), I have no BO, and my skin is very healthy. I do of course still shower, but I just use good hot water & a good old wash cloth.

I'm of the belief that these artificial, antibacterial, chemically based soaps, shampoos & deodorants have hurt our bodies ability to stay clean, not helped it. People hear that 100 years ago people bathed rather irregularly and think 'they must have stunk to hell and back'. I think it was probably rather the opposite.

You know how when you go over to grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner and when you walk in, it smells like old people and cat litter box? But then you're there for an hour and you've gotten used to the smell and you actually don't notice it anymore? I'll just leave you to think about that one...

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 28, 2016, 09:07 ForgedReality

What the fuck is with these tiny displays these days? 27 inches for 5k? That's way the fuck too small. Minimum 40 inches for 4k is the sweet spot. These tiny monitors are a ridiculous waste.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 24, 2016, 02:00 ForgedReality

Who's counting these polls? Diebold?

Zing!

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailer
11. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailer Oct 20, 2016, 09:54 ForgedReality

To be honest, it looks boring as fuck. That whole first part was scripted to hell too. The entire thing could be. Doesn't seem interesting to me one bit. Consoles have ruined gaming.  

1792 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo