Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ForgedReality

Real Name ForgedReality   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ForgedReality
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2009, 20:41
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 55267

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Loses $3M AU Fine Appeal
8. Re: Valve Loses $3M AU Fine Appeal Apr 20, 2018, 11:42 ForgedReality

All they have to do is write it off at the end of the year as cost of doing business. 3 million ain't shit to them anyway.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed
9. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 15:38 ForgedReality

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 11:59:
Why does Croteam and Crytek seem interchangeable? Maybe it's because they always push tech?

What's pushed here? A render server? XD Not sure what Croteam has pushed in the first place...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2018, 13:33 ForgedReality

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:44:
ForgedReality wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 10:42:
derp
nuff said

Intelligent retort. I'm glad you're here to contribute.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2018, 13:32 ForgedReality

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:18:
ForgedReality wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 10:42:
Gee, AMD, you sure seem mad that nVidia is profitable and you are not. Gsync costs money to develop and to manufacture. Should they just give the hardware away for free or at a loss? You of course NEED to take a loss on lots of shit because nobody will buy your products otherwise. nVidia has the superior product and they know it, so of course they're going to capitalize on that. That's why it's called business. That's why it's called capitalism. AMD, shut the fuck up until you can start being competitive. It just makes you look like a bunch of whiny bitches. >_<

I miss ATI.

Couple facts... AMD's profits are up. AMD offers Freesync as an open standard for free. Nvidia is using partner programs in bad faith to coerce hardware manufacturers to not produce AMD-based products.

NVidia is trying to take a shortcut here to undermine competition. If their product is that much superior then they should not have to resort to these shenanigans.

Their profits may be up, but they have to cut costs to make that happen was my point. And yes, I know Freesync is free, but it's also a software solution. G-sync requires hardware, and it tends to work better. In reference to the superior product, I was talking about their cards in general, not in regard to any kind of frame sync tech. I always leave vsync off anyway. If Freesync were in demand and so much better, there would be more displays using it. AMD ruined ATI and they haven't been competitive in decades.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2018, 10:42 ForgedReality

Gee, AMD, you sure seem mad that nVidia is profitable and you are not. Gsync costs money to develop and to manufacture. Should they just give the hardware away for free or at a loss? You of course NEED to take a loss on lots of shit because nobody will buy your products otherwise. nVidia has the superior product and they know it, so of course they're going to capitalize on that. That's why it's called business. That's why it's called capitalism. AMD, shut the fuck up until you can start being competitive. It just makes you look like a bunch of whiny bitches. >_<

I miss ATI.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2018, 10:46 ForgedReality

Will Windows 10 ever be out of alpha?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 15:57 ForgedReality

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:34:
Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:26:
Takes a special kind of person...

What that special kind of person probably looks like.

Um... But that dude's brown.

News Comments > A Way Out Sells 1M
18. Re: A Way Out Sells 1M Apr 15, 2018, 12:21 ForgedReality

Slick wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 07:58:
Apparently, EA doesn't even make money from this. Yes, you read that right. They recoup all the development costs and then everything after that goes straight to the developer.

EA is the publisher. How would they have development costs?

News Comments > Bus Simulator 18 in June
1. Re: Bus Simulator 18 in June Apr 9, 2018, 11:23 ForgedReality

Is there a Speed mode?  

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
5. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 11:22 ForgedReality

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 10:58:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 10:36:
and I still haven't played it..... Laugh2

The story mode is pretty spectacular. I didnít find the multiplayer very engaging, as the shooting/driving is vastly inferior to more focused titles. If you can get it on sale, the single player is worth going through.

Once you play the single player campaign, there's not much else to do. For me, multiplayer has become the best part of the game, except when you run into asshole hackers who fuck up the experience for you. All of the updates have been for the multiplayer aspect of the game, and there's TONS of shit to do that you can't do in single player. I often force myself into a solo lobby just so I can do the normal stuff without griefers/hackers and idiot little kids everywhere.

The only reason this game has sold anywhere near that many though is due to the fucking cheaters getting their account banned and having to buy a new one.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2018, 09:59 ForgedReality

How are these games selling? I have zero interest in any of them. God, there's such a void in gaming right now for good games. Come on, Cyberpunk!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 5, 2018, 15:30 ForgedReality

What are they gonna do? Post guards at the parking lot and deny all Muslim--religion of peace--visitors...?  

News Comments > Star Control Origins Trailer
6. Re: Star Control Origins Trailer Apr 5, 2018, 15:22 ForgedReality

Nobody cares about this shit game. Where the fuck is Ghosts of the Precursors? >:O  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 4, 2018, 13:44 ForgedReality

Nullity wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 12:50:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:43:
"Latest macOS Update Disables DisplayLink, Rendering Thousands of Monitors Dead."

So Apple just destroyed thousands of dollars of monitors? Surprised this isn't on the 6 o'clock news. Or maybe this is just another shit title.
Click-bait article. The monitors are fine, it's just a driver issue. Still stupid though.

I don't know how you could be confused by the title. It never crossed my mind that "dead" meant "destroyed"... But then, I'm not technically inept.

News Comments > Valve Addresses Steam Machines
11. Re: Valve Addresses Steam Machines Apr 4, 2018, 13:40 ForgedReality

El Pit wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 13:24:
afka Rossini wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 12:33:
Make Half-Life 3 a SteamOS exclusive. Problem solved.

The Half-Life problem would be solved. Forever. It wouldn not sell.

Yeah, "problem solved" indeed. All it would do is create more problems for Valve; namely bookkeeping. Oh good, we just invested millions into this game that nobody will ever see. gg.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 17:16 ForgedReality

heroin wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 17:03:
I've been sitting anywhere from 6-10 feet away, can see all details and still appears massive.

I'm near-sighted and refuse to wear glasses, so maybe that's a thing. XD

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 16:38 ForgedReality

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 15:44:
How far do you have to set it back from where you're seated? What kind of desk real estate are we talking here? I only ask because I'm going to build a new desk very shortly and I was probably going to go 24 inches on the depth. My 27" monitor only sits about 8 inches back but is about 3 feet from my face on this desktop which is 18".

I use a setup that I customized from Ikea. I don't think they really make the line anymore, but the desk part is 2" thick and at least 24" deep. It's one of those desk surfaces with two legs on one end and clamps for a shelf at the other end. I have one of those 4-box shelves on the left side and it's the exact height of the desk, so I have a flat surface all the way and not some shelves closing me in.

It's similar to this, but mine is a little sturdier looking (thicker materials), and it doesn't use that full 2x4 shelving unit (also it looks narrower as mine is the same width as the shelving unit):
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29123072/

My TV sits on its stand (which is pretty nice actually--http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/sony/x930e/x930e-stand-large.jpg). It's about the perfect distance, once you get used to a giant monitor in the first place, that is.

I have a desktop monitor arm that I was gonna use and I would be able to put the TV directly on the surface of the desk, and maybe a few inches back, but once it was up on its stand, I never bothered to set that up. I might one day just to see the difference though.

edit - According to this, it's about 30 inches deep. Minus maybe 4 or 5 for the distance from the back edge of the desk that my display is at. I'm not at home so I can't measure right now.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60275812/

News Comments > Five Free Games with Twitch Prime
9. Re: Five Free Games with Twitch Prime Apr 2, 2018, 15:38 ForgedReality

Flatline wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 11:58:
Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 11:23:
If you have to pay for something to get something else, it ain't free.

I pay for prime for the video streaming and the shipping.

Everything else, while I technically paid for it, is added value beyond what I originally wanted. So close enough to free.

Twitch ships shit now? Dafuq?

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 10:21 ForgedReality

Re:4k monitors

I personally have been using a 55" Sony 930E for a few months and couldn't be happier with it. Awesome performance, image quality, color, etc. It does 4:4:4 chroma 4k with really no perceptible input lag and the large format is particularly awesome in games.

This is after having tried the 49" Samsung JS9000 and 50" JS8500, and sending both back because they really failed to impress--especially the stupid curve gimmick of the JS9000. I thought the curve might be good for PC use, but it turned out to cause a lot of issues like clouding, distortion, increased reflections, etc. A few months (maybe a year?) later, and the Sony is here and has left me with no regrets.

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo