Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Santafalamus

Real Name Santafalamus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McJammiepants
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 2, 2009, 19:12
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 55234

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerilla Manual Patch

3. Re: Red Faction: Guerilla Patch Jan 15, 2010, 12:56 McJammiepants

This patch is so incredibly overdue it comes a good three months after I uninstalled the unplayable glitchy mess.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow

59. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 23:37 McJammiepants

Touché, sir. However...how does this work then? Are the consoles still auto-aiming for you? Is game play as fast as on a PC? It seems to me that even with these M/KB controllers you're still gimped by the console development.  

54. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 22:11 McJammiepants

Just as deadly? No. Wrong. There's a reason PC Gamers can't play on the same servers as console owners. That's why.

Oh, and please point me to a link where you can buy these comparable controllers.

Developers are migrating to where the mass is. Naturally, that's not on decked out gaming PCs. Problem is, companies like infinity ward grew out of the hard-core PC gaming scene when it was in its hayday. They turned their backs on their homeboys.

There are some game types that work way better on consoles. Fighting games, side-scrollers and the two games you mentioned are those types. First person shooters are not.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patched

2. Re: Left 4 Dead Patched Nov 9, 2009, 21:06 McJammiepants

But you're gearing up to blow 60 bucks on MW2?  

45. Re: MW2 Tomorrow Nov 9, 2009, 18:17 McJammiepants

Ok. This isn't Activision's fault. It's Infinity Ward. Which is ironic, because when they did MW1 I thought they were one of the few remaining developers who knew the PC Gamer and were themselves PC Gamers. I recall seeing that Activision was willing to give IW a ridiculous sum of money if they wanted it. If IW gave a shit they could've accepted that and spent it on developing something special for their hard-core audience. Instead, they decided catering to the lowest common denominator was best. I take no issue with them wanting to craft a more accessible game. But for them to completely neglect the audience that has an attention span longer than fifteen minutes is sad. They were the front-runners in many forward thinking FPS implementations. The last thing I thought they would do is gimp their own game. Unfortunately, us hard-core gamers aren't going to be vindicated anytime soon. MW2 is poised to rake in a ton of cash. That's due to rampant, conditioned, ADD consumerism more than it is a good game. Hard-core gamers spread the word and yes, the ideas that have made CoD a winner. The people who the franchise now seems to be catered to just want to blow shit up for a week.

A 100 ms ping for a fast paced "twitch" shooter is ridiculous. Though the one positive thing is that punkbuster will no longer be involved. What a pile that thing is.

That all said, I don't think it's anybody's right to pirate the game. If you're truly upset about the neglect IW has shown then go play something else. I'm no RIAA enthusiast but either pay for the work put into the game, or go play something you believe in.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 18:21.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Gameplay/Interview Trailers

5. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Gameplay/Interview Trailers Oct 28, 2009, 20:13 McJammiepants

Funny, because on the Valve community steam page they seem to be playing the crap out of it. Did they just notice they needed to playtest it yesterday?

Woop, just released it! Happy zombie killing

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 20:16.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Delayed

26. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Dela Oct 28, 2009, 01:56 McJammiepants

They aren't so much announcing the changes as changing the time on the community page. http://steamcommunity.com/games/L4D2/events/55327883716288366?p=1

That should tell you when it's supposed to be released in your time zone. Other than that the only thing they've said is what blue posted already. Here http://store.steampowered.com/news/3005/

It's really the lack of communication that has me peeved. It's true that it's just a game. But this is a company that takes games *seriously*. In the end, though...there's really no excuse and maybe they realize that. The insult is that xbox players have been playing this all day.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 02:02.

24. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Dela Oct 28, 2009, 01:30 McJammiepants

Nope. Demo got delayed and is "currently targeted" for 1:00 PM PST Wed. OCT 28th. We'll see if they stay on target. I'm not holding my breath. My enthusiasm has waned.  

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Dela Oct 27, 2009, 21:56 McJammiepants

Insulting someone with regards to scheduling their life around a video game when you're posting on a video game based website forum is hypocritical. When you have six time draining games you're playing listed at the bottom of each post, and you call someone sad for scheduling their life around a video game, you're projecting your own insecurities. Can we get over bashing each other yet? Is this delay the end of the world? No. Is it poor business? Yes. Would it be wrong to think after twelve years in business Valve would have figured this crap out yet? No. Do what you say you're going to do.  

4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Delayed Oct 27, 2009, 20:54 McJammiepants

Most of the people didn't order it through Game Stop. They were going off of a date and time set BY VALVE that mysteriously changed a half hour past its due. Not only that, but Valve haven't said word one with regard to any of it. It's insulting. If you hype up a release date, meet it. Otherwise keep your mouths shut and release it when it's done. The Xbox360 aspect just adds insult to injury, especially with all the console/PC gaming upset that's so popular lately. These are people who legitimately ordered a game they love, on the PC and were snubbed out of a demo while the console owners took precedence. Bad move for Valve.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin

21. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 17:17 McJammiepants

WoW is a subscription based game. How in the hell can you call their updates free? Likewise, their expansions are full priced. The WoW argument has no foundation.

I've had a ton of fun with L4D. Well worth my 45 bucks last November. My gripes with the game have to do with how difficult it's become to find a good game on a good server. How seldom it is I actually am able to play through a full campaign and how some very simple things like hunter or smoker targeting still haven't been honed.

Some good points were made earlier too. L4D upon release WAS a shell of a game. They released content patches with way too much time in between and it still can take me up to 20 minutes to even find a worthwhile game. Though the last point usually has more to do with fickle players than the game itself, it'd be nice if some attempt to address it was put in.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2009, 17:21.

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >