Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Santafalamus

Real Name Santafalamus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McJammiepants
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 2, 2009, 19:12
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 55234

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Videos

2. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Videos Jun 8, 2012, 22:30 McJammiepants

Well said.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Portal 2 Test Results

3. Re: Portal 2 Test Results May 10, 2012, 21:58 McJammiepants

For anyone interested, here's a map I did with the new editor.

"Limerence for a Cube"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68693834

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer

22. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 21:57 McJammiepants

I've been having so much fun playing SquadDM. When they initially unveiled this DLC I was disappointed. After finding a more enjoyable experience in SQDM than Conquest, my opinion has turned to excitement. I enjoy taking care of things with a few dudes I can trust rather than a team half-full of dickholes. The douchebaggery is much more manageable within smaller game modes.

That said, nothing compares to conquest with two really good teams.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

66. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 16:27 McJammiepants

Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 16:22:

OT but that's pretty much the best name on these forums You can't argue with someone named McJammiepants.

I thank you, good sir. It was a tough name to carry growing up. But now, as an adult, I'm happy I wore through the wear.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

61. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:48 McJammiepants

It is pretty humorous that they're showcasing a major reason folks are pissed about the battlenet, always online structure. Even though they're using this as a means to lessen the prevalence for the actual release, we all know there will still be problems. It's even worse that you're reliant on their servers for core game data, rather than just a quick ping/pong to verify the games validity.

At least we'll get access to the forum DLC on day one so we have something to do while we wait.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th

167. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 22:21 McJammiepants

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 22:08:
Yawn. So, is anyone actually looking forward to this game? I thought the beta was quite fun. The online thing doesn't bother me, maybe because I play so many MMOs and online games.

I am. I think half the reason these games don't induce the boners they used to is because the fans aren't 15 anymore, and have their left hemispheres WAAAYY too involved. This is exemplified by most of the posts below. Seriously, many of you are thinking much too much about this, and therefor have yourselves to blame for a lack of enjoyment, and no one else.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned Feb 22, 2012, 22:19 McJammiepants

Fewer plans, more action. Where's that DLC news?  

News Comments > Diablo III in February?

12. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 14:36 McJammiepants

RollinThundr: keep that shit out of here unless you're prepared tobe called a misinformed sensationalist asshole.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews

31. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 14:11 McJammiepants

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 13:34:
A 93 on Metacritic, a week after it's revealed that EA is (allegedly) making sure that sites that get a copy are sites that are slobbering all over Battlefield 3 prematurely.

Somehow I'm not really all that surprised at the cherry-picked score.

As for Origin, I was forced to use it this weekend to re-download the one game I own on Origin, which is DLC for Mass Effect. I was fully expecting to be told that I own nothing, but miraculously, Origin actually acknowledges that I own this game.

Click on download, am told that the 250MB DLC will require 500MB in disk space, but will go down to 250MB afterwards. I'm given no control over WHERE to download this, and Origin apparently happily plunks it on my solid state boot drive, which isn't where I want it, but okay.

At 63% or so into the download, Origin says that "An unexpected error has occurred. We're sorry! Please exit out of Origin, start it up again, and start the download again!"

I exit out of Origin, start it up again, and lo and behold, I get to redownload the entire DLC, because in the year 2011, EA has still apparently never heard of the concept of BEING ABLE TO CONTINUE YOUR FUCKING DOWNLOAD. You know, like the internet has been able to do since the year 19fucking97.

Fuck Origin.

Creston

Under settings, there are options to choose where Origin installs your games. It doesn't prompt you for each game, but like Steam, you can direct it to a specific location for all games.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer

51. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 21:01 McJammiepants

RAGE audio over recent Battlefield audio? Are you insane? To me, sound DESIGN is about much more than whether or not it's 5.1 and directional. I'd much rather a studio focus on the sounds themselves, before investing time into shit like directional audio. Statistically, how many people are even rocking true, audiophile backed 5.1/7.1 sound systems?  

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin

37. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 13:43 McJammiepants

I think this is related to a bug in the client more than to poor infrastructure. Just my uninformed hit.  

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin

34. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 13:01 McJammiepants

You're not missing much, since most of us Steam users can't preload anyway. "The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle anymore preloads of RAGE". That's been the case for at least 16 hours.  

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins

37. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 21, 2011, 02:26 McJammiepants

I am. It's definitely an enjoyable game! Regarding comparisons to Torchlight, a game that held my attention for just over one hour, Diablo 3 is leaps and bounds beyond. It maintains a factor of fun I recall from Diablo I & II. The loot is exciting, the animations are awesome and over the top, the sound design is great and one can get overwhelmed with enemies to the point of stress response. I've already played the beta for about 15 hours and it's, with diligent exploration, probably about a three hour venture. I have a few minor gripes, but they're things that may well be addressed in the full game. The one that won't is the fact that it sucks to be reliant on Blizzard's server upkeep to play the game. If their servers are down, no dice. I don't like that part. Other than that, I think the "MMO" aspect of the game is going to enrich it a bit.  

News Comments > On BF3 Multiplayer

2. Re: On BF3 Multiplayer Jun 30, 2011, 16:32 McJammiepants

If this game gives me any more of a boner I may die for lack of blood in any other organ.  

News Comments > Hear Yee, Hear Yee

7. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 17:52 McJammiepants

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 17:09:

He's a liberal what did you expect? Liberals and personal responsibility go together about as well as oil and water.

Don't do the generalized political rhetoric thing, please. It holds no merit except to those who want to ignorantly hate others thereby worsening that which is feared in the first place.

As far as this Senator using mental health as an excuse for his agenda, the argument only holds credence within studies done in the interest of self-preservation for these censorship groups.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3 Jun 22, 2011, 13:43 McJammiepants

Ant wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 13:07:
Interesting. I am waiting for a playable demo. How do you rank FEAR3 with the other two? I like the first one and did not like its sequel.

It's probably not as good as the first and I'm a little lost in the story because I was so turned off by the second that I only played about 5 to 10 minutes of the demo. I caught the end bit of the second game on YouTube to bring me up to speed. So, I think it's definitely better than the second, not as good as the first. It can get a bit CoDish, too...so if that's a turn off, you've been warned. Since the summer is shaping up to be pretty stale, game wise, this is a welcome exception. Co-op, unlocking Fettel for each single player mission, interesting multiplayer modes and steam achievements prolong the replay value, though I can see this will get no where near the amount of hours Bad Company 2 has gotten from me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3 Jun 22, 2011, 12:57 McJammiepants

I'm actually quite enjoying the game, especially in co-op. It has its faults, the skybox outside of windows in the apartment complex, anyone? The console minded design is noticable but not game breaking and the PC controls seem to be spot on for me. The creepiness isn't what I remember it being in the first but part of that may have to do with familiarity with the FEAR universe. Ive still been genuinely creeped out a couple of times and the best part was that it was directly shared with a friend. The other multiplayer modes are pretty fun and I appreciate that in some cases they tried something new. The game isn't a blow away but it's decent. Imglad I saved my money by not buying DNF and put it towards this.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Launch Trailer Revisited

2. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Launch Trailer Revisited Jun 18, 2011, 17:36 McJammiepants

I'm worried that the use of a Marilyn Manson song is an unconscious admission that the title will be forced and disingenuous in its creepy/horror theme.

I've been giving serious thought to purchasing this game as I had a ton of fun with the 1st. Unfortunately, I played about 5 minutes of the sequel and felt next to none of the magic that was in the original. So, after watching the launch trailer with the music I can't stand (are they trying to appeal to a crowd from 1999?) I have to admit, I'll be waiting for some reviews.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 17:30 McJammiepants

It's probable that had they released this six months ago, I might have given a shit.  

News Comments > On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC

5. Re: On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC Feb 9, 2010, 14:44 McJammiepants

It's true, I'm basing this only on the Beta and their probable sales tactics, but this is shaping up to be an incredible game. One of the few developers not fixing their gaze entirely on consoles with the PC as an afterthought. I've played so many rounds of the beta I can't keep track and it's a different, yet always exciting experience each time. I'm really impressed with what DICE has done here, no matter how much EA Online bugs me. Hopefully the full game just extrapolates on the experience.  

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >