Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Santafalamus

Real Name Santafalamus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McJammiepants
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 2, 2009, 19:12
Total Comments 65 (Suspect)
User ID 55234

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall 2 DLC Next Week
2. Re: Titanfall 2 DLC Next Week May 26, 2017, 19:47 McJammiepants

I uninstalled at the beginning of the week. The most recent patch greatly affected the balance and the game became a frustrating mess for me. Plus, the rollout of DLC has been really slow given how quickly the player base has been dying out, on PC anyway.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 New Map Details and Testing
2. Re: Battlefield 1 New Map Details and Testing May 8, 2017, 23:17 McJammiepants

aka_STEVE wrote on May 8, 2017, 11:35:
Maybe it's just me but I feel that BF1 has gotten to the " too little, too late" stage ....?

I have to agree, unfortunately. I played the previous 3 BF games for endless hours. This one, despite looking gorgeous, lost me pretty quickly. There is also something about the new engine that puts me off - felt it in Battlefront, too.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Feb 3, 2017, 00:34 McJammiepants

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 21:11:
Retired wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 21:06:
They did this on a BETA weekend for Wildlands!? Do their divisions talk to each other?

Mermermermermer mermermermer, mermermer. Mermermer? Mermermermermermermermermermer. Mermer, mermermer. Mermermer. Mer, mermer, mermermermer, mer.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch
3. Re: Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch Dec 27, 2016, 22:09 McJammiepants

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:24:
This game is looking really good...had a lot of fun with demo....

Yep. Thought I was gonna nope out after 30 minutes or so. I wound up seeing the full, nebulous puzzle to completion. I look forward to further pants shitting in late January.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month
5. Re: Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month Dec 4, 2016, 18:41 McJammiepants

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 17:48:
McJammiepants wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 13:43:
This game looks like an incredible experience I'll nope out of after 45 minutes. Life is currently full of enough anxiety, without the need for supplemental, pant-shitting, terror.

Too bad...I'd love to play it.

When you grow up and become an adult, you will learn the difference between fiction and reality. Just a few more years. Hang in there, li'l buddy...

Wow, what an unnecessary, sophomoric and condescending remark. What underlying issues are you displacing here?

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month Dec 4, 2016, 13:43 McJammiepants

This game looks like an incredible experience I'll nope out of after 45 minutes. Life is currently full of enough anxiety, without the need for supplemental, pant-shitting, terror.

Too bad...I'd love to play it.

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
11. Re: SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Nov 6, 2016, 00:29 McJammiepants

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 16:21:
A company will only pay you what they feel you're worth. If you can't negotiate for better pay, royalties, etc. than you aren't of much value to them, are you? Major actors never have these problems. It's no different from a corporation hiring an exec over a member of the rank and file. Once makes a lot more money, stock options, benefits, etc. and the other is lucky to have a paying job. Learn to cope with it already. If you don't like it, go do something else. The world owes you nothing.

Wow. I have seen you post some ignorant stuff, but this goes well beyond. This is oligarchal cynicism at its worst. Companies more often than not haven't a clue what is of worth unless there is historical data to validate it. They operate almost entirely on market analysis, depending on their size, and committee. As was said by someone else, major actors weren't always major and required a number of contacts, lucky breaks, and yes, a union working for their best interests. The world may "owe you nothing" but I can guarantee you, Cutter, you're only alive because other people thought you were worth their time, energy, knowledge, and support.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 14:51 McJammiepants

The game seems really well put together so far. I've been quite impressed with both multiplayer and single player offerings. I was jonesing, so I figured an extra six bucks to play it early was worth it.

Companies really are on to something with this early content overcharge. A new way to exploit human vulnerabilities. I'm slightly embarrassed to give into it, but happy to have a new game capture me as I haven't played anything since I put down Rainbow Six Siege a couple of months ago.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 2, 2016, 12:26 McJammiepants

Wow, the campaign actually looks worthwhile! I like the idea of each character having an identity without replenishing health. Certainly removes some of the frivolity of earlier war games; at least with regards to depicting the consequences. Can't wait for the 18th!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 20, 2016, 21:37 McJammiepants

The new game modes sound interesting, as do the map descriptions. I'm particularly intrigued by the close quarters maps. Aside from Bad Company 2 being pretty great all around, some of the most fun I had was on the close quarters maps for the DLC of the same name in BF3.

I'm looking forward to late October!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
9. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 19, 2016, 23:13 McJammiepants

Slick wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:29:
Also, I don't know what their press office is smoking, but the first video on that page is definitely not HUD-less. The second one is however, and I've linked that video to many friends when it was put out during the beta, simple phenomenal.

Here's the GOOD hudless video incase you're lazy

How's THIS for immersion

News Comments > Prey Trailers
8. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 4, 2016, 23:23 McJammiepants

Hi Morgan. I feel like we've met before. In other games. Where your name is Morgan...and you say a version of all this stuff again and again.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP Weekend
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP Weekend Jun 26, 2015, 18:23 McJammiepants

I bought this. I played 5 hours of sp and 41 minutes of mp. I think a double XP weekend is just what is necessary to bring me back!  

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Trailer
4. Re: Dirty Bomb Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 00:00 McJammiepants

bigspender wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 19:35:
You know what I do with these trailers? I spend about 3 seconds looking at the youtube play bar at the bottom of the video to see if it contains any gameplay. And then I close it down.

Hahaha.. that's exactly what I did just before scrolling down to read the comments.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
39. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:51 McJammiepants

It is out, though I'm only a matter of minutes in to the gameplay.  

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
37. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 20:21 McJammiepants

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:05:
Here's a german video that shows many glaring differences from the trailers to release version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Holy hell. So much of the atmosphere that caught my imagination is gone. This is when graphics really matter to me. When the image on screen captures and thrusts me into complete immersion. The difference is astounding juxtaposed. Thanks for sharing, Mordecai...I think..

** Edit **

Before, it looked like a new, all encompassing experience with
a very unique, full character.

Now it looks like GTA V: The Witcher

This comment was edited on May 17, 2015, 20:28.

14. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 00:24 McJammiepants

I don't think the Steam screenshots are misrepresentative. The 2013 E3 trailer was just next-level "ingame" almost cg/cinematic looking awesomeness. The fire, the weather effects, the level of texture detail was incredible.

I still expect the game will be great...just not quite what was initially advertised. I think the main issue I have is knowing the E3 level beauty was workable, but got tanked due to next-gen consoles not being all that next-gen.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2015, 01:35.

12. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 16, 2015, 22:56 McJammiepants

Wow. Thanks for that jacobvandy. Disappointing, but pretty clear.

I remember first seeing that 2013 E3 trailer and going "oh man, the new wave is here...I'm gonna have to build a whole new system upon release." Turns out, I should be just fine with a new gtx980, the same i72600k I've had for 4 years and 24 gb RAM. Unfortunately, the awe I was expecting to experience won't likely be present. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game, though.

10. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 16, 2015, 22:18 McJammiepants

There has been no indication that they afford PC users the option of gaining back the fidelity to those first E3 spots.

I understand the need to scale back quality for consoles. I do not understand why the PC footage they have released since has been downgraded in quality. Unless CDPROJEKT is to be trusted when they say they've held back on full quality footage in the interest of first-experience-awe, I'll be disappointed.

Hopefully this isn't another iteration of the Watch Dogs fuck up. If it is, at least we can hope they'll bury the capability away somewhere in there as was done with Watch Dogs. If the capability is there...why bury it, though?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
152. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:43 McJammiepants

The game is running well for me, except for going to the pause menu randomly every minute or so. Truly the weirdest bug I've run into in a AAA game. Weird mainly because it's not game breaking - just highly obnoxious.  

65 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo