Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 1045 (Pro)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine
16. Re: Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine Mar 13, 2013, 05:48 vacs

Wasn't he supposed to finish DF's kickstarter Adventure together with Tim Schafer? At least, that was one of the reasons why I backed them up...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound
33. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 7, 2013, 16:04 vacs

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 15:09:
Obviously not working for Nvidia or Nixes (the team who did the port) who knows what build they got and when? I highly doubt however Nvidia would want to give AMD a free hand up by not making sure a big AAA release like TR is, runs well on their hardware. And with all the fuss about ATI and TressFX hair bullshit, I wouldn't be shocked if they worked closer with ATI than Nvidia on this particular sku.

That's precisely the feeling I got too. It looks like ATI was working way closer with the studio than nvidia did and most probably even taking care that nvidia would not receive the latest builds, to make them look bad since TressFX is an AMD technology.

Now nvidia is playing catch up with the optimizations but luckily for them, TressFX is not the big revolution AMD wants it too be and in a few weeks performance will again be even between nvidia and AMD... but as long as the hair is gliding 5 inches above Lara skin, I wil not even dare to enable this technology, it looks fake and cheap for the moment.

To be fair, nvidia played this trick a few times with AMD/ATI in the old days, forcing a developer to use nvidia technology, just to make the competition look worse (Farcr HDR patch, physx, ultrashadow, etc...)

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
24. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 11:44 vacs

Maybe they will now consider selling DS3 on Steam? Idiots  

News Comments > TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam; TM2 Stadium Open Beta
8. Re: TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam Feb 27, 2013, 19:01 vacs

ASeven wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 17:20:
Anyone who bought Trackmania2 Canyon, use your key on Steam and you'll get the game on Steam.

Thanks for the tip, that worked perfectly.

If I ever decided to buy another game from Nadeo, I can now gladly skip the crappy ManiaPlanet...

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Dec 20, 2012, 07:14 vacs

Kotaku: Some War Z Images Were Ripped From The Walking Dead

I didn't know that the Limbo of the Lost Producer were back again with a new game...

News Comments > The Longest Journey Sequel Plans
5. Re: The Longest Journey Sequel Plans Nov 1, 2012, 12:39 vacs

Yes!  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
21. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 22:23 vacs

Slashman wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 20:40:
Some people actually like single player games and don't need someone else to tell them when they're having fun. I know it comes as a shock to you, but a fair number of people even enjoyed Skyrim. Amazed

Absolutely correct, I started playing multiplayer games since dwango for Doom, got my share out of it and now since almost 10 years, I'm back again playing purely SP games. There is nothing like a great single player experience. MP and coop so far has been only good for short moments of fun but a great SP experience lasts forever. I can get much deeper into the game than like I could if I had to wait for friends to connect to the coop MOD and wait for the them to do things they are supposed to do.

Was hoping DS2 would be a nice SP game, like the first one, looks I gonna wait for 20$ sale on this one...

News Comments > Epic Forms Seattle Studio
7. Re: Unreal II is a great game. Sep 7, 2012, 16:18 vacs

hb3d wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:21:
Unreal II didn't have the ground-breaking visuals, multiplayer, and moddability of the original Unreal, but it's still a great game, and it is a better single-player game than the original Unreal if you value story and dialog.

I agree with everything you said above (even the unquoted part) but Unreal 2 was missing the one thing which made Unreal 1 very special for me: The feeling of being stranded on a alien planet, exploring strange locations and technologies, discovering an unique world.

Unreal 2 might have the better story, or weapons, or combat, or enemies but it completely lacks the special feeling like the first time you escape the spaceship in the beginning, hearing the MOD soundfile and being amazed by the landscape and the beautiful waterfal. I remember the first time I dived into a river in Unreal, being completely overwhelmed of the watereffects, the fishes, the "unreal" world you just happen to experience.

None of this was offered Unreal 2. It's the same complaint I have to make against Half-Life 2 eventhough by its standard it was also a great FPS... but again, it completely lacked the feeling Half-Life 1 had to offer.

News Comments > Epic Forms Seattle Studio
4. Re: Epic Forms Seattle Studio Sep 7, 2012, 07:09 vacs

arnold wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 03:29:
unreal 1 reboot.......

Definitely, or at least do another Unreal SP game using the Unreal 1 universe (I'm still trying to erase Unreal 2 from my memory)

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2012, 07:35 vacs

Just finished Darkness II. It's good, quite a lot of fun when you get used to the controls. Non-stop action although in contrast to the first game, this is one is linear and the alternative, shadow world is completely gone.

Graphics are not as realistic and dark as in the first game, because they went here for more a cell-shaded, comic style look but the game is definitely still very enjoyable while it lasts.

Some moments with Jenny are even extremely well executed and the bad ending is not be missed.

Well worth 10-15$

PS: Forget to add, if you choose the bad ending, do not skip the credits...

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2012, 07:40.

News Comments > Broken Sword Kickstarter
16. Re: Broken Sword Kickstarter Aug 23, 2012, 17:30 vacs

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:27:
Funcom needs to stop making MMOs and Kickstart Longest Journey 3.

Absolutely correct. It's so easy, just do what you do best and it's definitely not MMOs.

News Comments > Broken Sword Kickstarter
14. Re: Broken Sword Kickstarter Aug 23, 2012, 16:17 vacs

What else can I say than the already classic comment: "Shut up and take my money!"  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Disorganized Crime Next Week
4. Re: Max Payne 3 Disorganized Crime Next Week Aug 22, 2012, 04:43 vacs

great timing, just about to finish MP3 which is a blast eventhough is linear).  

News Comments > ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video
4. Re: ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video Aug 14, 2012, 05:30 vacs

I only played for half an hour a month ago and at that time it was really tragically bad. Not sure if it is possible to polish that turd somehow...  

News Comments > Dota 2 F2P & Store Details
8. Re: Dota 2 F2P & Store Details Jun 1, 2012, 06:12 vacs

"Free-to-play" as in "more expensive in the end if you add up everything as games used to be just a few years ago"?  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed
9. Re: Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed May 23, 2012, 02:51 vacs

So are losses which are in line with projections good losses? Those managers never cease to amaze me.

That's really easy, if a company is making a loss, they just have to expect it and then it's ok!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization May 4, 2012, 14:18 vacs

swedishfriend wrote on May 4, 2012, 14:02:
if they are overpriced why do competing products cost more? To get similar cpu, Gpu and screen you pay more in competing products... Just sayin'.

Not really sure what you're sayin'

A full fletched iPhone 4S costs aroud 650-700 around here. If you buy a Samsung Nexus, which is specs wise a few leagues ahead of the iPhone 4S, you get a new one without a contract for around 380. Your argument doesn't hold any water, in no aspect whatsoever.

The samsung galaxy s3, which again is ahead of the nexus and most probably in few aspects better than what the iPhone 5 will become, costs 600.

But if you are only interested in getting a iPhone 4S like Android phone, you most probably would pay around 350 for the moment, which is half of what a iPhone 4s costs here.

Again, please explain what you meant with "overpriced Competing products"?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 26, 2012, 07:36 vacs

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 00:48:
I am thinking it is much higher than that!

I conquer. My guess is it's closer to 9 out of 10. What privat person does again take a few hours of their time to securely wipe a 300gb or 500gb HDD? Correct! No one.

And without seriously wiping, your data can be retrieved. It is still commonly believed that formating or deleting partitions will make it impossible for anyone to get your data back.

News Comments > Linux Steam Plans Confirmed
13. Re: Linux Steam Plans Confirmed Apr 25, 2012, 13:20 vacs

2012 is so going to be the year of Linux!  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Specs
24. Re: Max Payne 3 Specs Apr 24, 2012, 01:44 vacs

So now we know the Max Payne 3 Specs, but what are you the Min Payne 3 Specs?  

1045 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo