Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 1045 (Pro)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
12. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Jul 9, 2016, 01:59 vacs

Great update, especially for 3D Vision users. Now I can finally play through the game using the latest enhancements and all DLCs, which was unfortunately not possible with community 3D Vision patch (eventhough it was amazing).

Way to go Nixxes, amazing job and support you're delivering here. As a thank you, I bought the game now full price

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 1, 2016, 03:35 vacs

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 23:01:
Everything about this site seems fishy. Though it makes it a perfect place for the next Tim Schafer mismanaged disaster.

I concur. I initially signed up with this investors program but after informing myself and thinking about the whole project, I reconsidered. Lots of people will loose money on this, I will not be part of it.

News Comments > OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced
9. Re: OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced May 30, 2016, 08:10 vacs

Sky_Centurion wrote on May 30, 2016, 07:01:
I don't remember Bruce doing the voice (David Gasman according to IMDB).

not Bruce Willis gave his voice to the main character but it was the German voice which was performed by the German voiceactor of Bruce Willis.

Anyway, great game, definitely a cult classic in Europe, amazing graphics for its time, great story and world, lots of exploration to do and puzzles to solve... aah, the memories

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway
5. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway Mar 8, 2016, 13:24 vacs

waiting for the Steam version... and Full Throttle Remastered.

Too bad that Schafer wasn't involved in Outlaws or we could have expected Outlaws HD soonish

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning
29. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Mar 1, 2016, 07:35 vacs

Leper wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 14:26:
Maybe too expensive for the average Joe, but plenty of enthusiasts out there will fill help fill the gap until if/when the technology costs comes down.

This is exactly the thinking which resulted in 3D Vision failing and 3D Vision is way cheaper to get than any VR helmet.

The cost for adding and troubleshooting stereoscopic support in any game is just not worth it for a handful of enthousiasts. Now with VR, not only do the developper have to get SS support working but code, debug and optimize the new control scheme for the game. This results in so much lost man power which could have been used to optimize the game for the general public/add features or game content/get rid of bugs which 99% of your potential buyers will benefit. Instead you lost time and money and something which less than 0.1% of your audience is able to use.

This will fail hard, no doubt. 3D Vision survived all those years because nvidia kept throwing money to the developers (and kept sending their own coders to the studios to help them adding support). But now, after stopping this tactic, none of the studios which offered 3D Vision support in the past (Batman games, Tombraider 2013, Just Cause 2), includes it anymore (Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3).

There will be a initial enthusiasm and momentum for VR because it's certainly amazing and fun but the cost of those devices will kill it. Even for 400-500$ is way too much for average Joe and for this technology to become a success.

Update: Crystal Dynamics just released and patch to add SS support, so I stand corrected and that particular title. It still makes sense for them to add support as TR2015 is based on the TR2013 engine which included SS support, they didn't had to write one from scratch.

News Comments > Deponia Doomsday Next Week
2. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 25, 2016, 12:36 vacs

Cool, just finished the trilogy 2 months ago. what a coincidence

Amazingly fun and enjoyable old-school adventure. Can't wait..

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
13. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 11:14 vacs

I really hope this game will also be available on Steam and not just exclusively on the crappy Windows Store...  

News Comments > Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC
5. Re: Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC Jan 21, 2016, 02:51 vacs

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 19:52:
This was my game of the year 2015. Hit me right in the feels. I really hope we see more Life is Strange in the future.

Life is strange 2 is in production...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 30, 2015, 04:09 vacs

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 22:17:
When my SSD comes in on god fucking knows when, I'm going to install Windows 10 and I have the laundry list ready to roll when it comes to disabling 'features'.

Desktop PCs with Windows 10 do NOT get encrypted by default when install the OS from scratch, the article is talking about Windows phones and tables... don't worry

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
3. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 6, 2015, 17:43 vacs

harlock wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:21:
worthless studio

worthless comment

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
45. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 23:33 vacs

shinchan0s wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 16:10:
...(the fact that you can even research price history is more evidence)...

and how exactly does one do that?

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
7. Re: Sneaky Microsoft Nov 27, 2015, 09:53 vacs

Nuhauser wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 20:50:
I just wanted to get DX12, and that has been delayed without any word as to when we can expect it.

What do you mean: "DX12 has been delayed"?

DX12 is included in Win10 at least nvidia supports it already with their Win10 drivers, there even a few DX12 demos available and one game...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 13:09 vacs

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:06:
Forget HL3.

Absolutely, forget HL3! But f**king finally finish HL2EP3!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 17, 2015, 03:14 vacs

Tom wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 19:41:
No problems here.

Probably because I'm running Windows 7.

False sense of privacy. I'm not surprised. MS added a LOT of spying settings in Windows 7 during the last few years, without any way at all of disabling them using any Windows settings menu.

For Windows 10 users, just install Spybot Anti-Beacon and be done with most of the privacy concerns. Windows 10 will thereafter spy less on you than Windows 7 does on default.

BTW: Anti-beacon does also work on Windows 7, just try it and be surprised how much privacy you got

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2015, 12:54 vacs

Wake me up when Rise of the Tomb Raider is available for PC... for 15$, because that's all I gonna hand over due this exclusive BS  

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
17. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 18:55 vacs

Rhialto wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 17:49:
What's the name of a similar game, name is very short, like 4/5 letters IIRC. Anyone have names in mind?

Brink?

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month
13. Re: Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month Sep 22, 2015, 05:05 vacs

great, can't wait for the finale.

The story-telling and emotions part of this game is very strong. Very unique and fresh experience.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
27. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 16, 2015, 13:57 vacs

Kxmode wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 01:38:
Does anyone know what happens when you use a trainer? Does this make the game not scary?

This will make the game, not be a game. It's like the ability to drive in a racing game.

Amnesia is all about being help- and defend-less and trying to survive. By enabling godmode, you disabling the core gameplay element. Better go watch a walkthrough on youtube, same effect as using a trainer.

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
14. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 12, 2015, 10:39 vacs

By simply running through the map, one cannot finish this game. The game has actually real gameplay and good puzzles to solve and therefore is not just simply a Dear Esther kind of game.

I really enjoyed this game, breathtaking visuals and a gaming experience to remember. Can't wait to play the redux version.

BTW: at least with the initial version, using 3D Vision is a must. It enhances the experience quite considerably.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut
5. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut Sep 6, 2015, 13:42 vacs

Who cares, as long as there is no PC version...  

1045 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo