Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for what

Real Name what   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bumpy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 12, 2009, 01:23
Total Comments 930 (Graduate)
User ID 55140

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes
2. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes Jun 2, 2011, 12:53 Bumpy

Impressed they listened and came up with a reasonable solution. Too bad I have no interest in this game type.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced
34. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced Jun 1, 2011, 22:52 Bumpy

Sepharo wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 21:19:
Will we see this?

Man I hope so. Hope to have the Prat cam back too; driver expressions were great.

This mindless game is right up the alley of all the dumbed down masses of today. It like automatically caters to them, heh.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced
21. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced Jun 1, 2011, 13:24 Bumpy

Hope they don't change a thing from the first and best, Carmageddon 1.

Glad Stainless is behind it and will be very interesting to see what the end product ends up being.

Unless they've been working on it a while now, sounds like it may be a smaller time more budget oriented title. Like 1 or 2 levels and few cars; with more to come as DLC. Sort of like how Live for Speed delivered their product.

Please just don't screw up the free flowing magic that was Carmageddon.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse May 26, 2011, 12:10 Bumpy

Looks similar to Xcom type gameplay in a simple Tron setting.

Very surprised there is no demo and thus keeps my interest from going much further than this sentence.

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
54. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 26, 2011, 11:54 Bumpy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 26, 2011, 05:53:

Yea, I have run into the same issues trying to reinstall and play both of them. I really wish someone would get ahold of them and make them compatible....

I've actually emailed GOG asking if they would or could please patch up then sell the old Carmageddons, this was their reply:

Hello,

I'm afraid that I can't comment on whether or not we'll be releasing certain titles. I can only assure you that we're doing everything possible to get our hands on the best good old games.

Unfortunately the process is very complex and difficult. Not all publishers wish to sell their back catalog, not all can be convinced that "no DRM" is a good idea, and sometimes it's just plain impossible to research who (if anyone) has the rights to a certain title. Getting an old game to work on modern systems often proves to be the easiest task.

Check out this Q/A video, featuring one of my superiors - Marcin Iwinski, for a first-hand view of how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GOGcom#p/u/17/mrk7R5mSgzI

Finally, please stay tuned and check out our news page every week for new release info.
---
Regards
GOG.com Support

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
9. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 25, 2011, 22:18 Bumpy

Get ready console owners, this type of DRM will standard on ALL platforms soon. Xbox720 and PS4 I'm referring to.  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials, Rockstar Deal Extended
3. Re: Take-Two Financials, Rockstar Deal Extended May 25, 2011, 00:14 Bumpy

It does seem odd Rockstar is not interested in the PC platform any more. Perhaps by not as huge a margin, but I'm sure they realize there is extra money to be had on PC. Most all other companies create a PC version when they multi-platform.

Wonder what Rockstar's reasoning is?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 24, 2011, 23:43 Bumpy

Looking at the UI and hud of The Witcher 2, not exactly a big surprise they have a console version coming up so soon. But I'm betting it will be The Witcher 1 instead.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DiRT 3
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 3 May 24, 2011, 23:39 Bumpy

Looks like I'll have to import it if I want to buy it.

I'm all for digital downloads but no DVD version at all in USA, wtf?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Announced
12. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 21:46 Bumpy

Really? This is what gamers out there want?

They planning on mixing FarmVille with WoW and add guns or something?

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
36. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 24, 2011, 13:09 Bumpy

Call me disappointed. Did not expect this game to turn into a hack action romp.

The trailers fooled me into thinking this would be a more mature suspenseful, clever, survival-ish type game.

Oh well, long live the dumb button mashing.

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
19. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 13:00 Bumpy

Hope this game is nothing like the tired CoD crap of today and all about old school, campy, corny, raucous, stereotype, bold, hipster, badass coolness.  

News Comments > New Carmageddon is Indie Game?
26. Re: New Carmageddon is Indie Game? May 23, 2011, 16:46 Bumpy

Watch, it'll be announced for Wii only and nothing like Carmageddon, just using the name. LOL.  

News Comments > New Carmageddon is Indie Game?
11. Re: New Carmageddon is Indie Game? May 23, 2011, 13:07 Bumpy

yuastnav wrote on May 23, 2011, 10:44:
I agree. As long as it is awesome and is true to it's predecessors I don't car(e) who makes it.

Staying to the true original will be a huge key factor. Even though Carma3 was very similar, look how Carma3 failed because of it's minor changes.

As was said in a previous thread, I'd be more than happy enough with a HD remake of Carma1.

52. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 23, 2011, 11:38 Bumpy

Dtrick wrote on May 23, 2011, 11:05:
I completely agree, my question to you is where did you find both C1 & C2 to buy and how did you run them? Still have a comp using win95/98? I would love to play Carmageddon again.

half.com and ebay.com

C2 runs great in compatibility mode as it is more current and engine more up to date.

C1 requires DosBox and has definite frame rate issues in -hires or high yon(.ini draw distance) settings. 3dfx emulation works and allows high resolutions but again at higher gfx settings has frame rate issues. Something in how DosBox works or how the old game engine works doesn't allow our super fast computers of today to make it fly; the game is throttled some how.

According to http://vogons.zetafleet.com/ , currently C1 pretty much still requires actual original hardware to run at decent frame rates if you want extra high settings.

47. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 23, 2011, 09:33 Bumpy

Having recently, last week actually, purchased both C1 and C2. I also prefer the sprites, music and gameplay of C1. While C2 certainly is more polished, easier to run; the missing blood tire tracks, driver audio, driver face expressions, level design and quantity of peds are just better done in C1.

C1 has a more psycho, raw, personal feel to it. C2 starts to feel more like a sanctioned racing, car combat game. C1 feels like madness, randomness, free for all on the streets.

6. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 21, 2011, 17:40 Bumpy

Really excited about this news but I fear the hypersensitive political correctness of today will cause this game to fail.

1. If it's a HD remake of Carmageddon 1, that'd be outstanding.
2. If it's a new game that is true to the core of the originals (Carma1+2, not 3), that'd be awesome.

Anything lesser than the above 2 will be a huge let down.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
10. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 21:25 Bumpy

How on earth they missed invert mouse option is beyond me?!!!!  

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
5. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 17, 2011, 23:25 Bumpy

More useless videos. Hud, UI and actually gameplay please.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 21:46 Bumpy

Fion wrote on May 17, 2011, 12:55:
PC version please!

I'll wait a year or so. If still not out or announced, I'll borrow it from a friend or use a free rent coupon. Trying to not support consoles as much as possible when they don't support PC.

930 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo