Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for what

Real Name what   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bumpy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 12, 2009, 01:23
Total Comments 880 (Graduate)
User ID 55140

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
1. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 27, 2012, 13:53 Bumpy

Good for them, I anxiously await this game. It's the game I'm most looking forward to actually. Will be neat to see how a 90's developer handles the game and design 16 years later. Too much of the same or too much changed or nailed it completely.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched
18. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 08:39 Bumpy

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 08:24:
It doesn't help that the game has not a single reward based gameplay system, it's all punishment. Heck, the fact you can die from health packs and gain stat debuffs from dieing (which means your character can actually become entirely unusable) is not adding to the fun, but just padding a terribly short and broken game design idea.

Quick, someone notify the DayZ fans.

15. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 22:36 Bumpy

Slashman wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:15:
PHJF wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:00:
The maps and missions are rather simple, but the RPG elements and skills are fairly vast convoluted and complex inscrutable.

I wouldn't say they are inscrutable. I actually did figure out how things work. It takes a bit of time...but then if I didn't have time I probably would have a different hobby.

I like the hacking aspects and also the psi powers can be interesting in combat. The fact that you, yourself, can be hacked (and then need to hack yourself to regain control) if you mess up a hack attempt is rather novel.

As I said earlier, the problem is that these guys are French and also using the board game A.V.A to base their game world on, which most of their audience is probably unfamiliar with.

Exactly. This game, though not perfect(hey, its $<10-20 and indie), is VERY well thought out, difficult and deep. It only doesn't make sense cause people don't learn the rules. People complain about things that happen in the game but these things are most of the time purposely designed in the game. 1 example I recently learned myself is that you can randomly die from health injection overdose. Sounds crazy but, small as it may be, actually adds to the game.

Here's a link to some great playing tips.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2032816

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 22:41.

10. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 20:57 Bumpy

I think the biggest issue is this plays more like a sandbox, creative shooter when people are expecting it to be a more hold my hand, linear experience like they have been brainwashed with over the last 10 years. The maps and missions are rather simple, but the RPG elements and skills are fairly vast and complex.

It takes a decent bit of time to figure out how the game works and plays. Took me about 5 hours to really get the hang of things.

Also, EYE's very lacking simple video tutorials are a nice universal idea but they lack much needed depth of info on stats and how the games mechanics work together.

In short, one must like to learn, experiment and figure out things to enjoy this game.

4. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 17:36 Bumpy

You guys are nuts, this game including the UI is truly PC craftsmanship to its core. For the non-weak minded that take the time to learn the game, it has excellent depth. You have to think and shoot, and often quickly to stay alive. Many different way to go about getting tasks done.

Patch is very welcome and a surprise. Figured they gave up on the game a while ago.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 6M
4. Re: Minecraft Sells 6M May 25, 2012, 21:51 Bumpy

I assume this figure is counting all platforms including iPad. So yeah, I can see it selling this much pretty easy.  

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
7. Re: Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date May 25, 2012, 21:49 Bumpy

>a valid Rockstar Social Club account

Ugg. Like GTA4, I'll wait for the hack that bypasses this.

News Comments > DARK Trailer
6. Re: DARK Trailer May 24, 2012, 21:03 Bumpy

wtf_man wrote on May 24, 2012, 16:58:

I'd buy it if you could turn the cel shading crap off.

Same. I don't buy cartoon looking games. They just don't appeal to me.

News Comments > New DayZ Mod
37. Re: New DayZ Mod May 23, 2012, 08:01 Bumpy

Ha, tried to connect to any of the UTC+4 servers last night. Could never get in, they were ALL full the whole night.

I think I'll shelf this game till they fix the time issue.

News Comments > New DayZ Mod
30. Re: New DayZ Mod May 22, 2012, 22:31 Bumpy

I find this mod fantastic for alpha stage. In a year this game will really shine, plus BI stated they will be helping the mod out so it will definite be supported well.

Only thing I currently really dislike is the real time factor. I game only at night and hence all my local servers are in game nighttime also. They need to allow dedicated servers to shift time around.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed
3. Re: Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed May 22, 2012, 22:23 Bumpy

If they're smart, they'll take a look at how badly Syndicate FPS did and rethink their plans a bunch.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 May 21, 2012, 00:21 Bumpy

This mod is very strong. Nothing else quite like it, nor has put it all together like DayZ mod has.

Also, Bohemia Interactive is stated to be including the mod with their next patch. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16786

DayZ has definitely prompted me to buy the ArmaII pack and will only get better with time.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 20, 2012, 21:56 Bumpy

Pic link has been pulled. Anyone have it still hosted somewhere?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: RE: Follow up May 17, 2012, 23:12 Bumpy

Yeah, she had some solid hits back in the day. 'I feel good' and 'Hot stuff' were and still are awesome. Shame she died so young. Wonder if she was a smoker?

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Outed?
20. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 22:42 Bumpy

I'm waiting for the GOTY addition with much of the DLC included before I buy SR3.

News Comments > PC DiRT Showdown NOT Delayed
4. Re: PC DiRT Showdown NOT Delayed May 16, 2012, 22:34 Bumpy

Showdown demo pretty much stunk. Flatout did it better years ago.

Yeah, the new Carmageddon is the way to go....we hope.

News Comments > Assassin' Creed III Trailer
5. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 00:46 Bumpy

The cocaine jar is interesting but this trailer leaves me emotionless. I have a gut feeling this will be the worst of the series.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Video Blowout
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Video Blowout May 9, 2012, 22:30 Bumpy

Looks nice but without single player I'm really not interested.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter
2. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter May 8, 2012, 22:57 Bumpy

God damn mother.

Sometimes things happen at just the right time. SG sure timed it right this time being able to jump on the kickstarter wave that's currently happening.

Hope this allows them to truly let loose all their creative glory like they did with Carma1.

Now, where is the Interstate '76 kickstarter?

News Comments > Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans
12. Re: Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans May 3, 2012, 23:26 Bumpy

I know the game is good fun, I don't like it fragmented however. I'm just waiting for the GOTY addition.  

880 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo