Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Moore
May 7, 2004, 19:44
Re: Moore May 7, 2004, 19:44
May 7, 2004, 19:44

Man I hate it when people don't READ before they open their mouths.
Zathrus
Oh, and while Disney has no right to prevent Miramax from distributing the movie, neither did Miramax ever sign a distribution deal with Moore or his agent. They provided financing, but never promised distribution.

Thanks for pointing that out, but when did Moore say different? Moore has never said he had a contract for distribution with Miramax, but It's obvious that Miramax would distribute the film if Disney allowed them.

Then in the article at the Independent Andrew Gumbel says,
In an indignant letter to his supporters, Moore said he had learnt only on Monday that Disney had put the kibosh on distributing the film, which has been financed by the semi-independent Disney subsidiary Miramax.

Moore does not say that he only learnt about this on Monday in that letter. Here is a quote from Moore's letter.
Yesterday I was told that Disney, the studio that owns Miramax, has officially decided to prohibit our producer, Miramax, from distributing my new film, "Fahrenheit 911."
Notice the key word in that sentence officially. This leaves open the possibility that Disney had unofficially made this statement before. Moore even acknowledges this elsewhere in his letter.
The whole story behind this (and other attempts) to kill our movie will be told in more detail as the days and weeks go on. For nearly a year, this struggle has been a lesson in just how difficult it is in this country to create a piece of art that might upset those in charge
Right there in his own letter Moore says "For nearly a year". Why would he say that if he found out only on Monday? I don't deny that it's convienent that this was made public before Cannes, but Moore has said that even though Miramax knew for a year that Disney did not want them to distribute this film they felt confident that they could convince Disney to let them distribute the film. Of course Miramax will make all of this public now, just before Cannes and not a year ago. It gives them far more leverage to convince Disney to let them distribute the film.

I just love how people try and shift the focus on a story like this. It's like defence attorneys trying to blame the rape victim for dressing provocatively and asking for it. Disney is the rapist here not Moore. I know it's an overly harsh comparison, but you get my point.

This comment was edited on May 7, 19:46.

No subject
Sep 18, 2003, 15:30
No subject Sep 18, 2003, 15:30
Sep 18, 2003, 15:30

I can't imagine what you're going through right now Blue. Considering how upset I get just thinking about anything like this happening to my mom, I don't know if I'll be able to hold it together when and if it does.

I hope that everyone who reads these messages takes some time to be with their loved ones. I had managed to get in touch with my father whom I hadn't seen in many many years. We had a good visit and I learned a lot about him (he had divorced my mom just after I was born and I never saw very often growing up). A few months after my visit he died. I still had regrets about not talking with him as much as I could have when he was reaching out to me, but it really helped me knowing the last words he heard from me was "I love you dad", as I said goodbye over the phone.

Blue, I hope everything works out for your mom, my thoughts are with you.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 15:32.
2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older