Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3296 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 14:11 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 13:53:
BobBob wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:26:
I've managed to get my electric bill down to $15 a month. No solar panels.
Either you mean $15 of actual power charges, or you have a far better setup with your power utility than we do with ours. Here, the monthly charge for being connected to the electrical grid is just over $17, another $21.82 for being connected to the natural gas. Yes, nearly $39 a month for the privilege of being connected...

Lots of natural light. No AC. Heater almost never used. Windows usually open for a constant flow of ocean breeze. When it's a colder morning (due to the marine layer), close the windows or put on a sweater. Rarely does it ever get up to 85 F during a heat-wave (Santa Ana Winds), but oddly enough that creates a cool rolling fog around here. Normally, the year round temperature is between the mid 70s or upper 60s.

Not 'weather trolling' just describing the living circumstances.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:59 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:56:
MajorD wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:48:
BobBob wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 10:28:
While purchasing property and dealing with Realtors, bankers, remodelers, etc. I've noticed something I am not happy with. Either I'm getting older and less patient or there is a growing narcissistic trend of people talking continuously without pause and not allowing the other person respond.

It's both, but the latter more so, and you can thank social anti-social media (Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Myspace, Pinterest, and Tumblr, etc.) for that, as it has generated an absurd level of narcissism and a self-obsessed society. Quite sad really....

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's always been that way. Most people never listen, they just wait for their turn to talk. That's as old as man itself. Listening skills are something that need to be cultivated like anything else. Employers ask for them for a reason, that's not just some HR bullshit.

What did I just say?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:26 BobBob

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 04:35:
Dirty Butler wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 19:34:
I just got my solar panels installed yesterday, the power company can kiss my ass.

Until it's winter, cloudy, stormy or literally too hot (if you got black solar panels), then you come running back, eh?

Anyway, congrats on being energy independent, just remember that you really are not.

I've managed to get my electric bill down to $15 a month. No solar panels.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:23 BobBob

Dirty Butler wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 19:34:
I just got my solar panels installed yesterday, the power company can kiss my ass.

Where abouts do you live?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 10:28 BobBob

While purchasing property and dealing with Realtors, bankers, remodelers, etc. I've noticed something I am not happy with. Either I'm getting older and less patient or there is a growing narcissistic trend of people talking continuously without pause and not allowing the other person to respond.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2017, 11:51.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 10:25 BobBob

Rent for a year first before purchasing a property. While renting, hang-out around different neighborhoods, watch crime statistics, see the people in their social spheres, native habitats, and get the overall vibe of each area. Then, when you find a home you like, visit it at random hours of the day and night, and check for local crime reports, complaints and disputes - talk to the local police department - find out if there are sex offenders, etc.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2017, 10:53 BobBob

We have officially entered the new dark age.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2017, 22:46 BobBob

Quboid wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 13:23:
BobBob wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 10:44:
Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 20:28:

You know that's seriously illegal right? So not only would that not be admissible as evidence your friend could end up being criminally charged under The Interception of Communications Act and can be sued under The Harmful Access by Computer Act . That's basically mail tampering, which is a federal offense. You can see jail time for that as it's a major felony. Not to mention she'd lose her kids without question. Tell her to be smart and talk to a lawyer first. A consultation won't cost her anything.

Why do you care?

Does he need a reason to care about a fellow member of this community?

Yes.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2017, 10:44 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 20:28:

You know that's seriously illegal right? So not only would that not be admissible as evidence your friend could end up being criminally charged under The Interception of Communications Act and can be sued under The Harmful Access by Computer Act . That's basically mail tampering, which is a federal offense. You can see jail time for that as it's a major felony. Not to mention she'd lose her kids without question. Tell her to be smart and talk to a lawyer first. A consultation won't cost her anything.

Why do you care?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 14:14 BobBob

Unfortunately, that would block access to emergency services. Say some crazy guy is stalking you, or road raging, or what if you spot a drunk driver, or if you have a medical issue, you need to be able to dial 911 or someone for assistance. Not sure if they would be able to differentiate text vs. voice usage.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 13:33 BobBob

Pigeon wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 13:17:
BobBob wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 13:07:
Smartphone texting is the bane of every cyclist.

I avoid riding on non-neighborhood streets as much as I can. Even without cell-phones distracting them, a lot of people do not recognize bikes as valid street traffic. Neighborhoods aren't great either, but the speeds tend to be slower and there are plenty of driveways and sidewalks to escape onto.

It's pretty obvious when a person is texting - head looking down, long pauses between stops, and swerving in the lane and often outside of a lane. I'm surprised the police overlook it so much. They might be overwhelmed. Perhaps there will be a technology that recognizes the behavior and takes a photo, monitors, and/or alerts the nearest police officer.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 13:07 BobBob

Smartphone texting is the bane of every cyclist.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Coming to Steam
3. Re: Quake Champions Coming to Steam Jun 26, 2017, 15:20 BobBob

But ...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 01:21 BobBob

Nice. How much is the median house around there?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2017, 14:09 BobBob

Thank you for that well thought out response, Flatline. It's intelligent posts like yours that encourage me to visit this forum on a daily basis. Thumbsup  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2017, 12:25 BobBob

Can Trump fire Mueller or is the story all rumor and spin?

I must admit I'm beginning to dislike even watching the news, other than to keep up to date on what my California politicians are saying or doing.

When Comey vindicated Trump on being right on what was said to him - not being under investigation (after the news repeatedly had stated the opposite) - I'm trusting the mainstream news far less than I have in the past - and that sense of mistrust has been escalating since the total debacle on the election polling results.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2017, 17:16 BobBob

1badmf wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 17:13:
BobBob wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:46:
Got it! Deal

... Thumbsup

holy shit bob, you live there now? when's the housewarming party!??!

It'll be awhile.. I got a super deal because it's a fixer. But you can't change the location.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2017, 16:46 BobBob

Got it! Deal

... Thumbsup

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2017, 17:04.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 22:07 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 21:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 20:39:
Meanwhile, while all eyes are one Comey, in the Senate McConnell is trying to ram through the AHCA. Two days for debate then vote. 25 million fewer will have health insurance per the CBO. Those people will still go to the ER though and those costs passed on to consumers like us.
Well, I'd say the AHCA is highly likely to screw me, seeing as I am currently getting a substantial subsidy. Here's to hoping the Ds manage to put it off somehow...

Go west!

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 20:40 BobBob

You're clearly a smurf as demonstrated by the lack of proper punctuation and use of small case letters.

The question is ... who?

I suppose Blue knows. Inquisitive

3296 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo