Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3035 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 18:16 BobBob

I want an augmented VR, but make it an 'anti-reality'. I don't want to see more things, I want to erase them. Annoying chatty person in coffee shop, poof. Obnoxious car stereo, muted. Tourists on sandy beach, vanished, and replaced with a flock of seagulls. Etc.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 18:06 BobBob

Here it's in the lower 70s, and partially cloudy.  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 15:35 BobBob

shul wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 02:56:
can someone read the cockroach story and tell me its not true. pleasssse

She can hear a crunching and snapping inside her head. The creature is gnawing at her sinuses. She can feel a liquid oozing out of the cavities, and then blood drips out of her nose and stains her shirt. It makes her feel dizzy and nauseous. In a state of panic, she wipes the shirt with her hands, but it only smears and spreads the stain, as more blood comes pouring out of her nose.

She hallucinates and sees flashes of things that she's never before witnessed, and she has thoughts that are not her own. Telling her what to think, to be submissive, and to obey. Or she will suffer an excruciating pain. She cannot fight it, but she screams aloud in objection and agony.

As she's driven to madness, the creature eats into her brain, devouring the gray matter. Her consciousness fades, and the world spins around her. She can no longer coordinate her own body, then collapses on the floor. Curled into a fetal position, and weeping into her blood-stained hands, she tries to pray, but the words are jumbled and meaningless.

Suddenly, she hears an extremely loud POP and blacks out.

A sinister-doctor pockets his forceps and checks her pulse.

"Ah, still alive! This is very good. She'll be an obedient slave to Master, Khan."

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2017, 19:23 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 18:34:
TangledThorns wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 17:39:
Drinkers
Some lite reading, used bluesnews amazon link http://amzn.to/2lsaYOQ and http://amzn.to/2kUAYoi
Enjoy

I'll add to the list: this and this. Book

P.S. How do I convert them to Blues New's Amazon links?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2017, 13:25 BobBob

I wonder if this bill will ever pass. Wideeyed  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2017, 11:16 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 11:09:
BobBob wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 10:58:
It's official, the environment is screwed. This is only the beginning.
I thought you meant this.

Yep, that too.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2017, 10:58 BobBob

It's official, the environment is screwed. This is only the beginning.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 23:00 BobBob

Meh. Religion or not. If a person is good to others and tries to make the world a better place -- help those in need, protect the environment, contribute to spreading knowledge and fostering intellect, and not leave a disaster that others have to clean up after ... he / she can believe in something metaphysical or not. It doesn't really matter.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 19:14 BobBob

Normally, I could careless about celebrities ... but ... Cry  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 17:01 BobBob

Doing some research for a short sci-fi story, trying to find what an EAS would say on TV.

How likely could this scenario become a reality? Eerie.

Remember this movie? Stunned

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 13:07 BobBob

Welcome to the New Dark Age.  

56. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 10:28 BobBob

53. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 02:12 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 02:03:
Update: OMG! Why is the dog out in the cold and rain? Who does this to their animal?! I'm hearing this animal bark. I'm really starting to dislike my neighbor. This is not cool. I'm not a dog person but I also don't like to see animals suffer.

I'm crying now. The dog is literally whimpering. Oh my god...

For that you should be able to call the authorities. It's animal neglect or abuse. Record a video for proof, if possible.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 21:49 BobBob

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:25:
I feel with you, but in my city here in Germany noise ordnance is pretty heavily enforced, I called police once and they came within 20 minutes and muted the noise. But that was a human... for dogs, it'd have to go through animal control for sure, but they'd be forced to act if noise violation is regularly against the city noise ordnance. So I am confused why the city doesn't act in your case, you 100% sure no other neighbor in that entire area is gonna co-sign your complaint?

If that is such a weird ordnance where you live, I would think about literally paying a neighbor to come with me to file that complaint. I can't believe that none of them are bothered, but they might not think something comes of this, and thus might consider it a waste of time.

Germany is quite civilized. I lived there for awhile on an extended business trip. Thumbsup

38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:19 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:39:
Difficult to come up with something to do that isn't legally and/or morally a problem...

Yah, I was imagining things .. then I'm like .. Oh wait, that's so wrong .. but how about .. No, no, that's bad ...

37. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:07 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:49:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:28:
I had neighbors like that. I ended up moving.

The neighborhood started to feel like an "I-borhood" about five years ago and only got worse when my immediate neighbors on both sides of my house moved out. Neighbors to the left were the nicest people imaginable. I used to ask them for home ownership advice (I was a 26-year-old). They had a cat who occasionally turned my front porch into a war zone with other neighborhood cats. It was very tolerable. A quick open-door-yell, "Hey cats! Quit it!" typically ended the conflict for the night. I have yet to meet the new neighbors to the right of me. I think they fear me or something. I don't know why. But there's a "cold" response. I feel completely isolated. I don't know any of my neighbors other than dog's owner who's friendly. I have his number so I can text him whenever his dog gets out of control, but that only works so much.

Apparently, I have no social life and I'm totally out of what's trending. What does "I-borhood" mean? Google gives no results.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 17:28 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:22:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:03:
I know someone who had a similar problem. The city told gave him a form, where if he got enough signatures, from nearby neighbors, the local animal control would confront and fine the noisy neighbor. It worked!

Worth a try?

Already tried that. Neighbors are apathetic. I suspect they will only respond when the dog starts to become their issue. It's not a neighborhood. It's an I-borhood.

I had neighbors like that. I ended up moving.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 17:03 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 16:39:
My neighbor's dog is a blight on the neighborhood. It barks for hours day and night. Seven hours nonstop is the longest I've clocked him at (it only stopped after passing out). He also doesn't seem to understand that 1:30 AM isn't a barking hour. Called the non-emergency PD number and they told me they don't send units for noisy animals (on a side note the city fined me for letting my grass grow 12 inches). So out of a desperate need to get the sleep I turned the hall wall into a new bedroom. It helps. The surrounding walls act as a buffer, and the ear plugs, rolled up sock, and beanie pretty much reduces the noise to 0. It's been a stressful 5-6 months with no end in sight.

The crazy thing is I'm not mad at the dog. I'm mad at the owner. Dogs are very mono-emotional. If they bark all the time that's their way of saying "Hey! Something is wrong. Please help!" Why do pet owners ignore their animals like this?

I know someone who had a similar problem. The city told gave him a form, where if he got enough signatures, from nearby neighbors, the local animal control would confront and fine the noisy neighbor. It worked!

Worth a try?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 11:44 BobBob

Words cannot express how shocked, disgusted, and angry I feel.

I have a relative that works on Superfund projects. Years back, I had a university class that was about environmental issues. Instead of giving my mandatory speech, the teacher allowed me to invite a 'guest speaker'. All of my classmates were so excited and asked questions. He gave an in-depth explanation of what's involved in the clean up and how essential the EPA regulations are to our society.

Going to a National Park and being in nature is an experience that cleanses and nurtures the soul. Nothing else comes close.

Anyhow ... it's hard to explain my frustration with this horrific proposal.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 11:16 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 11:10:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 10:44:
WTF Thumbsdown H.R.861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
That's the first step to make America great again. The second step will be H.R.862 - To re-establish slavery.
Republicans, you can't make this shit up.

I feel sick to my stomach thinking about this. Nature is so beautiful and awe inspiring. It's sacred. I don't even know how to react.

3035 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo