Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3155 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 12:13 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 09:59:
Make America horny again! Grab them by the pussy!

The way the world is going now, people should have less kids or no kids. The environment is going to shit, and will go deeper into shit based on the policies of the new administration, automation will keep replacing many common jobs, AI will soon replace smart jobs, and the general population is getting more stupid each year.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2017, 13:07 BobBob

Made millions off Avatar. But no credit was given to him for this.

70. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 8, 2017, 09:26 BobBob

Popcorn  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2017, 21:32 BobBob

Peter M. Smith wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:21:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:04:
Before you turn this into the Spanish Inquisition's "Confession Hour" perhaps you should read my post. It sheds light on the status of bible posts on this site moving forward. It made RedEye super happy.

Too bad. I enjoyed reading your perspective on things, from a theological standpoint.

I agree. They act as if though he has magic powers and they are trying to resist his words.

Inquisitive

62. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2017, 18:27 BobBob

I prejudge every human as able and willing to destroy nature, until I'm convinced otherwise. Sorry.  

11. Re: Out of the BlueI Mar 7, 2017, 13:02 BobBob

I remember watching The Bronco Chase live on TV. I also remember arguing with friends about OJ's innocence, while we watched it. I said he was innocent, and my friends were convinced he was guilty. But I stuck to my belief that a person is innocent until proven guilty, and that a car chase isn't proof of guilt. Turns out I was right. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2017, 12:58 BobBob

Microsoft had it right, but it became an ethics issue. There needs to be an avoid 'high crime area' option. If I'm driving outside the beach cities, I generally stay on the freeway to avoid bad neighborhoods.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 18:57 BobBob

Some companies measure employee performance based on results, not merely how much he/she will succumb to a whip and chain.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 17:30 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 17:02:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:38:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:18:
The same could be said of scientists who proposed string theory (remains unproven), Higgs Boson (took 48 years to verify), and E=MC^2 (took 120 years to prove). And yet you haven't seen the scientific community protesting vigorously about these just because they remained theories at the time. In fact, many participated in proving them correct through years and years of research. In any context, science is always a systematic effort to build and organize knowledge from satisfactory evidence, and real faith is based on such efforts. Even faith in science can exist.
Stop it, just stop it. You are not that stupid.

All evidence to the contrary, because making a such a statement is irrefutably stupid. You can't have faith in reason. You either reason or you don't. Science demands objectivity regardless of your personal beliefs. There's an old expression, 'Whether you believe in the ocean or not, step in it and you're gonna' get wet.' Or as Spock said, "Reality is consistent with Universal laws."

Religion and faith are mankind's biggest problem, bar none. It's never done anything except hold us back, hold us down, make us lazy and irresponsible. Worse it demands that people deliberately deceive themselves, and others, and replace reason with faith. And a man without reason is no better than a rabid animal. Case in point, just look at Muslim extremists. Even America's Jesus freaks aren't that far off. No, there is no reconciling than two. A lot of people simply lack the native intelligence, education, and bravery to move beyond faith. Many people simply can't deal with the fact that they're ultimately alone in the Universe. That their life is random and there's no meaning to any of it, and that there is most certainly no eternal reward or punishment when you die. They'd go mad from fear over it.

I'd argue that there is a spectrum of faith in all situations:

Inconsequential <----> Consequential

I'm willing to bet much of what you tout as reason is based on a various forms of inconsequential faith, but leans towards consequential faith when certain principles are involved. For instance, if you believe in (human influenced) climate change, you're probably leaning toward consequential faith because you're accepting the scientific data as being irrefutable based on authoritative knowledge, proclamations, studies, and how it will affect you personally, as opposed to say theories on evolution or how the universe began. The amount and intensity of said faith is precipitated by the immediacy of consequences, and ranges to long-term consequences, and whether or not said consequences are permanent or malleable

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2017, 18:55.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 16:35 BobBob

Simon Says wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 16:19:
Quboid wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 10:09:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 09:56:
"This behavior destroys morale, erodes trust and degrades the individual," the Marine Corps says in a statement about what it calls "social media misconduct."

For real? So traveling the world and killing people en masse is perfectly acceptable but looking at some nudie picks is an unforgivable crime. What planet are those people from? Rolleyes

They're soldiers. Being mean to the enemy is what they are supposed to do. Being mean to their own side is not what they're supposed to do.

"Being mean"

That must be the biggest euphemism for "commiting mass murder" that I've ever seen...

But... Inquisitive

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 15:51 BobBob

Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:46:
kxmode has been here for 14 years. Only in the past 6 months has he become extremely prominent, in part by constantly arguing (albeit good-naturedly), with almost anything anyone posts. In the past 3 months, he's been posting almost exclusively about the Bible, while swearing he wouldn't post about the Bible.

What gives?

In general, are you finding that people are more openly preachy lately? This might explain it.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2017, 16:10.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 14:20 BobBob

This is one of the reasons Trump won. Instead of listening to them, and engaging in a discussion - no matter how much patience, energy, and work it required - we pushed them away and said, "Shut up!" So they kept silent and voted instead.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2017, 15:27.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 13:10 BobBob

I consider myself a skeptic and I'm not bothered by his proselytizing. Maybe it's because I don't find it offensive. Or I have a thick enough skin to not be bothered.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 12:41 BobBob

They're just following in the footsteps of the commander-in-chief. Blank  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2017, 21:06 BobBob

This sums it up how I feel lately.  

50. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 15:34 BobBob

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 15:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 12:59:
Sorry, when you see a classic it bears repeating so here goes

Don't you dare mock me. lol

Have you tried any of the lactaid products. Their milk is a little sweet but they also make a cottage cheese. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THmFi1J5sxM

=-RedEye9-=

Enjoy your adventure with Redmask on the Ignore list, twerp. Your attempts at trying to provoke me are so obvious that I'm surprised you tried at all. But maybe you don't know any better. (Comprehension of simple things not being your strong suit n' all) You think you're the first one to mock my signature? Like I said, if that's the best you got, go home. You're but a bored child, plain for everyone here to see (except you). Nothing you say or do will change anything, much like your life up to this point.

TL;DR - 'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you'

=-Rigs-=

Don't ignore each other! You'll ruin my daily entertainment!

Popcorn

40. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 23:02 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 22:34:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 21:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 17:28:
amen, now keep your word.

I didn't force you to read my comment in this thread. The hidden text and notification implies that. If you are unable to handle my comments maturely, perhaps it would be best for you to stop reading them.
I would no sooner read your comments than I would read comments about the moon being made out of cheese or the earth being flat. I take that back, I have read a couple of posts where you mention the amount of time it took you to cut and paste your replies, it's always quite humorous.
Please do try to stick to your word, integrity is important.

Well damn, it's made of cheese? I'm lactose intolerant. All of my dreams of establishing a moon colony cult have been crushed.

33. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 3, 2017, 20:03 BobBob

Rigs wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:23:

So, you are just trolling. For some reason, why I don't know, you're fixated on the length of my posts and jumped on the bandwagon with Redmask. I couldn't even begin to understand why but now I don't really care. I'm not changing how I post. It's not any different from anyone else and no one else has ever complained up until someone brought it up during an argument here. You act like my posts inconvenience you in some way. You don't want to see it, fine, put me on ignore then.

=-Rigs-=

Popcorn

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2017, 16:50 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 16:08:
And this is a really interesting article from David Frum of all people. How to Build an Autocracy

Keep this in mind.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2017, 15:54 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 15:46:
So, how are you doing your update if the office is packed up?

Based on a true story.

3155 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo