Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3172 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2016, 14:09 BobBob

Yah, zoos are disgusting and repulsive. With VR and such coming out, there is no reason to put wild animals into captivity for our entertainment.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2016, 14:25.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2016, 13:53 BobBob

Understood. Been doing the same lately ... was going to return something I didn't open to REI .. drove there and .. I'm like what the .. didn't bring it! So I ended up buying some items on sale. I avoid REI as much as possible because I always convince myself into buying a bunch of stuff.

It's one of my favorite stores.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 22:28 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on May 27, 2016, 22:11:
BobBob wrote on May 27, 2016, 18:11:
I voted Hillary for President
Seeing as she has yet to run for President, that seems unlikely. I assume you mean you voted for her in a primary.

Oops! Yes. Thumbsup

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 18:11 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 27, 2016, 17:31:
BobBob wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:21:
Cutter wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:07:
BobBob wrote on May 27, 2016, 12:01:
Enjoy your freedom to speak as much as possible. Act civilized but rejoice in the opportunity to be the person you wish to be. That's what their sacrifice was about. To keep us free to be ourselves.

That's my view point.

Seriously? Lol! Are you running for office, Bob?

I've traveled quite a bit. I'm sincere. I truly love my country and have an unconditional respect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms and way of life. I honor them by engaging in critical dialogue, voting, and respecting our laws and exercising my rights. It's what defines and distinguishes me as a citizen of the USA. Thumbsup

Huh, I didn't think you'd go in for that sort of jingoistic jive. I do agree that the Vets of WWII deserve our respect and thanks, but everything since has just been about hegemony and exploitation. That isn't something to honour.

That perspective can be seen throughout human history pertaining to all forms of battle, war, and conquest.

I am not claiming the USA is superior. I am loyal to my country and I love it. I believe in the US Constitution and the intentions of the Founding Fathers. It's not only about the recent US philosophers, however it spans time and geographies - to name a few: Rousseau, Camus, Sartre, Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche, MLK, Plato, Weber, Durkheim, Smith, and Voltaire. The actual list of social and political philosophers I've read is quite long.

My political views tend to be moderate:

• I'm very pro LGBT rights.

• I believe in harsh sentences for violent criminals.

• I believe sex offenders who use force against others of all ages should get mandatory life sentences.

• I'm against all forms of animal testing, but I believe people have a right to hunt for food.

• I have no opinion about gun control because I believe the underlying problem is a failed mental health system (lack of early intervention) and the early release of violent criminals.

• I'd rather see tax money spent toward livable spaces for homeless people (without passing judgement) than to see them on the streets and committing crimes. A homeless vet, mentally ill person, handicap person, or child should be considered an embarrassment to society and perhaps some form of criminal negligence by a city.

• I think we should get away from any dependency on foreign energy by promoting natural and renewable resources - ones that don't pollute.

• I believe in affordable and competing health care systems but not something entirely universal and ran 100% by the government.

• I think a person caught driving under the influence should be charged the same as a person running around firing a weapon on the street, but I don't care if people want to drink or smoke weed in private.

• I'm a registered Independent. I voted Hillary for President but I also voted for a Republican California Assemblyman.

• This comment was edited on May 27, 2016, 20:47.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 13:21 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:07:
    BobBob wrote on May 27, 2016, 12:01:
    Enjoy your freedom to speak as much as possible. Act civilized but rejoice in the opportunity to be the person you wish to be. That's what their sacrifice was about. To keep us free to be ourselves.

That's my view point.

Seriously? Lol! Are you running for office, Bob?

I've traveled quite a bit. I'm sincere. I truly love my country and have an unconditional respect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms and way of life. I honor them by engaging in critical dialogue, voting, and respecting our laws and exercising my rights. It's what defines and distinguishes me as a citizen of the USA. Thumbsup

This comment was edited on May 27, 2016, 14:02.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 12:01 BobBob

That's my view point.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 17:45 BobBob

Hey, if your mouse is getting sticky, don't blame the mouse.

I'm not saying that's the reason why .. pervs ..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 13:35 BobBob

Over priced tickets, expensive food, popcorn crunching, coughing, wrinkling paper, slurping, talking, germs, scheduled viewing, no pause, no rewind, shared bathrooms, silhouettes of people's head, and that's my partial list of why I hate going to the movie theater.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 16:03 BobBob

Tolwyn wrote on May 25, 2016, 15:35:
    My post was SARCASM!
    I've known Stephen for years, just poking at him a little.

Don't diss the man, man.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 15:32 BobBob

I bought tickets for my wife and I to see one of our favorites. Exciting!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 12:12 BobBob

Cato. Cry

Loved all of the Pink Panther movies starring Peter Sellers as Clouseau.

News Comments > Spellforce 3 Details
    4. Re: Spellforce 3 Details May 25, 2016, 11:58 BobBob

I agree, Spellforce 2 was quite awesome. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced
    5. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 14:58 BobBob

Digitalfiends wrote on May 20, 2016, 14:10:
    Needs more clenbuterol...

That would be interesting. A "USADA DLC": play as investigator to find out who is doping.

4. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 14:36 BobBob

Digitalfiends wrote on May 20, 2016, 14:19:
    BobBob wrote on May 20, 2016, 11:03:
    I ride daily but I dislike the behaviors of my fellow "spandex" cyclists immensely -- like blowing through stop signs,

I don't mind fellow cyclists that slow and roll through a stop if it's safe but the guys that just fly through stop signs at full tilt give us all a bad name. The same could be said about drivers though - almost no driver ever comes to proper stop. Thankfully, most at least slow down.

BobBob wrote on May 20, 2016, 11:03:
    snarling faces, racing others without a cause,
    / off topic rant

I've had people chase me down when I'm just out for a tempo ride but it doesn't bother me much - I understand the natural competitive urges us guys have - like a dog chasing a rabbit. It's just funny when the clydes do it then get dropped at the next climb.

I think I learned the hard way to be extra cautious. Got hit by a car in my teens because I was going through a stop sign. Slid off railroad tracks without a helmet in the rain, had major head stitches, still have a gash in that spot. Got hit again by a lady texting and driving ... (wasn't my fault per-say but I'm paranoid if I don't see a driver looking up). Completely took a hard dive making a sharp turn on a sandy road, scrapped up my legs badly. Lost brake control and smashed into a car. Fell completely over on my neck, flying off a jump, knocked the wind out of me too. Riding down the steep hills of SF, I had constant near misses, but that was sheer luck. I think I can probably add a few more instances of stupid cycling moments but you get the drift.

What's funny is that my nephew thinks I'm a completely boring and non-adventurous person .. if he only knew my crazy years.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
    4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 20, 2016, 14:02 BobBob

I stick to iOS because of its 'seasoned' app support and development.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 13:53 BobBob

VaranDragon wrote on May 20, 2016, 13:38:
    Creston wrote on May 20, 2016, 13:21:
    Is the Martian author Andy Weir going to pay for this massive new space station?

Nope, but Im pretty sure Elon Musk will. Not would, but will, eventually.

At least it's a new and creative idea, nothing like 2001: A Space Odyssey or anything like that.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2016, 13:50 BobBob

Hmm, why no mention of HGTV, Lifetime, or Hallmark?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 11:24 BobBob

Received my crossover ballot for the Democratic party. Funny how Reoublicans don't allow Indepedent voters - feels like a statement: "non-cult members excluded".

So I'm flipping a coin...

Bernie or Hillary?

Which one can beat Khrushchev?

This comment was edited on May 20, 2016, 11:40.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 11:13 BobBob

Why can't they make VR gear smaller like the full wrap around disposable sunglasses an ophthalmologist gives after eye drops?  

1. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 11:03 BobBob

I ride daily but I dislike the behaviors of my fellow "spandex" cyclists immensely -- like blowing through stop signs, snarling faces, racing others without a cause, and ignoring pedestrians.

/ off topic rant

3172 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 21.
    < Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo