Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3013 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 11:21 BobBob

Woohoo! A neighbor just sold his house for over 100k more than he paid a couple of years ago - zero renovation. Property values here keep climbing! Thumbsup

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2016, 11:33.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 09:28 BobBob

I'll probably vote for Hillary. She has come across as the most articulate and intellectual candidate in the debates; willing to deal with complexity; not simply drum beating a neo-Marxist chant. The Republicans come across as a bunch of angry baboons. Their debates turn into a freak-show circus; word exchange to them is simply an excuse to have a turd-slinging contest.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2016, 09:39.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 14:52 BobBob

Use a Bluetooth headset. Problem solved. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Beacon Announced
6. Re: Beacon Announced Mar 9, 2016, 14:46 BobBob

A game like this would match better with a mobile device.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 17:07 BobBob

Ex Machina was the only movie worthy of an Oscar.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2016, 00:52 BobBob

They'll probably come out with some kind of full immersion chamber with liquid filled nano bubbles - a substance with changeable viscosity and properties; ex can instantly transforms from air light to water to oil to gel to solid), flowing and constantly fluctuating that simulates moving within a world with ever changing currents and pressures to emulate distinct environmental qualities. Could even be an air pressure system or hybri of both. It'll have to be a full immersion chamber to get the proper effect - like astronauts in swimming pools or those spas with high pressure streams to simulate swimming in a pool, but far more intricate and advanced. Eventually it will be refined to wearable body suits leading to realistic augmented reality - slaying a dragon at the local park, paint ball style warfare with virtual lasers that provide impact and possible true handicaps (leg hit so suit hinders or weights down on wounded area), virtual terrain felt on the legs and feet. Just brainstorming. Sorry for typos, using phone. Something to put in a story. Hmm...

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2016, 01:23.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2016, 15:56 BobBob

Until they can fully simulate an indistinguishable experience to that of actual sunbathing on the beach, I'll take a pass on 'VR'.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2016, 20:23.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2016, 15:49 BobBob

RIP, Dave. Cry Thank you for co-creating one of the best computers ever. Thumbsup  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 21:14 BobBob

The only online team game I've ever enjoyed was QuakeWorld Team Fortress. It was easy to see what others were doing, communication was frequent and simple (ex: incoming fishes!), and the gameplay was just damn fun.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 13:23 BobBob

One to One RTS / FPS or DM/FFA are the only competition modes that have ever made sense to me. Otherwise, it's impossible to feel total ownership in many online 'team games' where communication is limited, observation is restricted, strategic control is almost non-existent, and the fate of winning is often the result of a combination of luck and a few well-performing team members. Shared team success is typically an illusion, rarely based on facts, and usually hinders on the expert skill of one or two smart players avoiding the stupid ones.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2016, 15:01.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 13:56 BobBob

Apparently, Santa Ana wind will not allow El Niņo to encroach on its territory. It will be 84 degrees today - picture taken yesterday. 90 degrees this weekend.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 14:53 BobBob

Super Bowl was playing on our TV because my wife was watching it. I personally find watching other people compete to be a boring waste of time. I cannot influence the outcome.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 23:23 BobBob

At the rtsk of outing myself as a complete nerd, isn't that signature quote actually Deanna Troi convincing Mark Twain - as they both strolled along a corridor to a turbolift - that the future isn't so grim? The episode where they go back in time to stop the life-source-stealing aliens? Am I wrong?

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2016, 23:59.

15. Re: Why Snow Shoveling is an Unusually Deadly Type of Exercise Jan 25, 2016, 20:25 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 19:59:
Because the fools didn't buy a snow blower!

Even worse ... He llved where it snows! With that in mind, it's dry and in the low to mid 70s here, I think I wasted money getting prepared for the supposed El Niņo.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2016, 21:24.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2015, 16:13 BobBob

While strolling along an empty sidewalk, Cutter encounters Henry. "Henry! How's it going man? Long time!" Henry looking perplexed and slightly annoyed, stands back a bit, raises an eyebrow, and bluntly responds, "Who the hell are you?"

A moment of shock! Cutter's face becomes pale and his skin turns clammy and weak. His voice is shaken. He cannot speak. Tears of embarrassment form in his eyes. He experiences a flash of memory. Vividly recalling and re-experiencing (as frequent daydreams) that single, life-changing, conversation in the pub - even though it happened so many years ago. The long time fantasy friendship that followed. The reoccurring rock star dreams and imaginary adventures of bonding. All of it, suddenly shattered, crumbled, and broken. Scattering like ashes into an abyss. Cutter puts his hands in his coat pockets and crouches his head down - wishing this tragic moment never happened. As he continues to stare into the lifeless, cold, and lonely concrete below, he quickly scurries away in humiliation.

Practicing my very amateur writing. Nothing personal against Cutter.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2015, 00:37.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 16:16 BobBob

Thanks to El Niņo we had a super cold blast here yesterday. Was only in the mid 50s to 60s.

Not all hope is lost. It's climbjng back up toward the 70s over the next few days. Thumbsup

42. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2015, 12:23 BobBob

Was made to take my nephew to see it in the early morning. Fortunately, there were about 10 others in the audience and the theatre has cushioned reclining seats. Almost fell asleep a few times.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 21:04 BobBob

All my rainy weather clothes have either Gore-Tex or Ceplex Active. Breatheable clothing is essential. Thumbsup

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 13:28 BobBob

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 09:46:
Guinea Pig Takes Cat's Bed - Cat Wigs Out. Guinea Pig or Honey Badger?

That's a combination of play and "this thing smells nasty, I love it!". Cats are all about smells...

Cat was nervous. Guinea pog was terrified, Person was taunting and laughing. Some people shouldn't own pets. The video should be classified as animal abuse.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 10:23 BobBob

Damn cold today. 63 F. Back to the mid 70s next week. Must try to survive.  

3013 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo