Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3296 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 11:16 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 11:10:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 10:44:
WTF Thumbsdown H.R.861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
That's the first step to make America great again. The second step will be H.R.862 - To re-establish slavery.
Republicans, you can't make this shit up.

I feel sick to my stomach thinking about this. Nature is so beautiful and awe inspiring. It's sacred. I don't even know how to react.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 10:44 BobBob

WTF Thumbsdown  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2017, 21:30 BobBob

So I was at the library today, checking out a book. The guy at the front desk asked me something about football. I'm like, what do you mean? He said, it's Super Bowl today. Wow, I'm totally disconnected.  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2017, 14:32 BobBob

I've been tempted to move to a rural area. I've considered Oregon. There's a bunch of beautiful little towns that are nestled between a rugged coastline and sprawling national forest. Perhaps I'll make the move for retirement, when an Internet connection isn't so important.  

27. Re: Fox of 9 tails Feb 3, 2017, 19:34 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:24:
BobBob wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 16:06:
For travel, I prefer to take my trusty Dell Inspiron 11 3147, but compared to the HP Envy x360, it feels really sluggish when loading programs.

Which would be a better upgrade:

A) Swap HD to SSD

B) Upgrade RAM 4 to 8 gigs

Biggest bang for the buck is going SSD. Ram will not speed up program loading, unless of course you have a bazillion things loaded and have used up all of your ram.

If you are running Windows 8 or 10 be sure to restart your computer at least once a week to clear out the hybrid fast start file and reset the Kernals uptime. You can tell the last time an 8/10 system was rebooted by looking at the kernal uptime, I have fixed and untold number of systems (that had all had a myriad of symptoms) with a reboot. Right click task bar, open task manager, click on performance tab and view "Up Time" counter.

Awesome advice! Thank you! Thumbsup

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 16:10 BobBob

Is there a way to test the computer to see if I'm running out of physical RAM in real time? Any kind of alert utility?  

20. Re: Fox of 9 tails Feb 3, 2017, 16:06 BobBob

For travel, I prefer to take my trusty Dell Inspiron 11 3147, but compared to the HP Envy x360, it feels really sluggish when loading programs.

Which would be a better upgrade:

A) Swap HD to SSD

B) Upgrade RAM 4 to 8 gigs

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 14:38 BobBob

El Pit wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 13:26:
BobBob wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 11:31:
Trump <-- Tossing a pebble in the pond.

I think he jugst bought some sympathies with his H-1B regulation. People are so easily to be corrupted...

I think if people want to have a crystal ball and figure out Trump's next moves, all they need to do is read articles, interviews, speeches, and the history of Steve Bannon. He's basically the one running most of the show in the shadows. At least .. that's how it appears. And, since he'll remain in the shadows, he can avoid public criticism and never embarrass Trump, so he'll be kind of protected in all directions.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 11:31 BobBob

Trump <-- Tossing a pebble in the pond.  

79. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 10:36 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 23:30:
Redmask wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 22:18:
The media is already moving onto his Supreme Court pick and he's already moving onto 2 other things.
Indeed. Threatening the President of Mexico with an invasion of US troops and hanging up on the PM of Australia... I'm sure more is to follow soon.

Already is ...

Don't be surprised if there is a surge in the 'defense' budget and spending.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 16:24 BobBob

Quboid wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 16:14:
You need to troll more BobBob, bait people like me into responding

It's an interesting thought but it's complicated and I think that would make it exploitable, by hiding profits (Hollywood accounting) and/or true employment ratios.

There would need to be some way to handle profit fluctuations. If a company's profits suddenly disappear and they need to fire half their staff, they'll fire the more expensive American workers first as their required ratio slackens. There could also be a situation where foreign workers needs to be fired because of record profits, if the business doesn't want to expand. These could surely be mitigated but it's another attack vector for lawyers and accountants.

Good point. First, the law makers would have to make "C-level" corporate leadership criminally negligent if decisions were demonstrated to have an avoidable and negative impact on employee finance, health, family, etc.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2017, 16:36.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 15:11 BobBob

Are my comments often incoherent or stupid? I rarely get responses to things I say. Just wondering ...  

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 12:47 BobBob

If they really wanted to solve this .. though it would be a difficult journey, make it so if a company sells products or services to American clients or trades with American companies, the profits earned must equally be applied to employing of a higher percentage of Americans with a living wage. This would be a blanket rule whether the company is based in America or abroad.

Put simply: If a company earns X profit, said company must hire American employees based on a certain percentage of the profit. As the profits increases, so must the ratio of American based employees increase, etc. There could be requirement to hire more (American) employees as profits rise. This would future proof such a law, where advanced automation could be used to circumvent localized employment requirements.

The counter argument, "They will just take their business elsewhere" .. and the rebuttal can be "Let them .. We are major consumer, they'll cave into our demands .. eventually .. and if they don't someone will see an opportunity and simply create a local business that abides by the new rules."

Brainstorm ...

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 12:14 BobBob

But what about the AI and robots?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
48. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 31, 2017, 14:34 BobBob

OT: I recommend this game a lot, if you like the whole cybernetic upgrades in a cyberpunk - virtual - destructible - world. I realize it's a different style of gameplay, but it has the same kind of underlying theme.  

76. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2017, 13:10 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 12:30:
Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 09:20:

GUYS! I'M THE ONLY SANE ONE HERE! TRUMP IS A LUNATIC TURNING AWAY WOMEN, BUT THE PROTESTORS ARE ONLY A SMALL NUMBER OF FAR LEFT CRAZY LIBS SHRIEKING AND GETTING DESPERATE!

You kind of can't have it both ways. Also, millions of women were out protesting. Are you saying millions of women are "far left crazy libs" who are out of touch with cultural power?

I mean, I think it's pretty clear where the cultural power is right now, no?

The largest single day protest in the history of the country. You don't get those numbers without the vast support of the citizenry. I'm hearing anecdotally that Dem planning meetings are getting so much support they have to switch venues to accommodate people.

The protests are only effective if elected representatives or influential people (i.e. courts, lobbyists, lawyers, etc.) listen. But are they listening? In California it seems yes, but actually the protests aren't really necessary here - it's simply preaching to the choir.

It doesn't help that major corps are protesting, because they are ones being accused of out-sourcing American jobs. (I'm sure we all know automation takes more jobs, but that's besides the point).

It also doesn't help if celebrities speak, no one cares about their "elitist viewpoints" on how 'everyone else' should be taking action on the streets or tolerating whatever it is, while they go back to their cozy limos and hiding in mansions.

I believe protests simply convey a message to people who already agree and allow them to unite, but is it all being done in vain? How do they convince Trump's supporters that what he's doing is wrong or needs to be done differently? If protesters don't convince them, his supporters will still view him as a savior - and he will see himself as the savior - for the silent and suffering masses. In this case, the protests might be symbolizing to him that what he's doing is justified, if he sees himself as a lone wolf crusader against the "herds of brainwashed minions" .. out to harm his "beloved and cherished flock" who elected him. After all ... If his 'enemies virulently protest' that means he must be doing the 'righteous thing' so he will further 'entrench and stand his ground'.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2017, 13:22.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2017, 11:21 BobBob

Lots of junk you say? Don't throw it away! You can build with it. And reach for the stars! Thumbsup  

42. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 21:50 BobBob

Squirmer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 21:11:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 20:37:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 19:54:
I'm just saying

yeh but ive already told you i dont give a fuck what you are saying... apologies if you are too stupid to understand basic english
Is this how you always interact with people? Someone presents a counterpoint and you completely lose your shit? Unless you're actually 12 years old you should grow up.

Most people here are decent and well-educated. Report and ignore trolls. Thumbsup

38. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 19:59 BobBob

Project : Snowblind was the best.

69. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 16:13 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 15:38:
Hey, but at least Trump doesn't have a private email server, amirite?

Often the words will be presented and construed out of context so there is no need for any kind of secrecy, because the news already encrypts the real message.

For example:

Let's say a conversation is about a duck hunt, but because a biased (or wishful thinking) audience doesn't want to hear about a duck hunt, they prefer to imagine that the discussion is about raising chickens.

Then, when the hunt begins, people act shocked, as duck whistles are blown and hunters come out in full camouflage, and take aim at the ducks. The people respond by marching in the streets, protesting, and angrily shout, "You lied about raising chickens! Save the innocent ducks!"

Days, weeks, or months later ... when the audience reviews the conversation, they discover the subject really was about hunting ducks, and not raising chickens ...

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2017, 20:09.

3296 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo