Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2825 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
20. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 18:38 BobBob

If there was any discrimination in hiring people, that would be quite disturbing. It's so distasteful. Makes me literally feel sick to my stomach. I hope it's not true.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com
4. Re: More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com Oct 1, 2015, 18:24 BobBob

Without an anti-cheat like PunkBuster, a multiplayer experience will be mostly comprised of battling against walhackers and aimbots. Do they plan on implementing an anti-cheat?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2015, 17:08 BobBob

Gun control is a red herring. The true problem is the lack of mental health treatment - including putting people who have violent thoughts into asylums. There are plenty of cases of a crazy using a car to drive over people .. and other means.

Do some research on the Mental Health Systems Act. You'll see that it was overturned. It would have helped prevent random / mass violence by crazies (who seem to be the majority in this case) and other problems like homelessnes. As it is now, it's difficult, if not impossible, to force a person who suffers from mental illness to get mandatory treatment.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
168. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 14:46 BobBob

Let's face it, unless there are constant and unique interactions, and the feeling of purpose, space games are typically boring. Too much like MMOs with long travel times, tedious trading, and often "fed ex quests" - most often with repeating missions that have little variation. I would like to see a space game with the same diversity in missions as many land based "linear" shooters - playing out relevant sequences in true story form. Perhaps it's just the nature of "sandbox" style gameplay.  

69. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 13:54 BobBob

It's like watching someone be extremely proud of building a virtual robot, while another engineering hobbiest is sweating it out - building a robot in real life. The virtual one can do all sorts of funky things, including battling against other robots. The real one can barely lift a pencil.

I guess virtual wins...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 12:51 BobBob

How does one subscribe to comment updates without replying?

54. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 12:48 BobBob

Will the ship fly me off of this planet of stupid?

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2015, 12:54.

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
133. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 30, 2015, 10:27 BobBob

Murder She Wrote wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:02:
Some people here have way too much time on their hands, its like watching some idiot declare war on a neighbour because the guy parked near his property once upon a time.

I was selling a house and already out of state, so my neighbor decided to park in my driveway. Fortunately, a friend was kind and brave enough to tell them to move it. Thumbsup

123. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 28, 2015, 20:56 BobBob

This thread needs a theme song.  

35. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 13:50 BobBob

When does the iOS version come out?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2015, 13:40 BobBob

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 13:22:
Fuck the Pope, man... Seriously.

Really?

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
62. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 25, 2015, 12:34 BobBob

Make it stop!  

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
19. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 23, 2015, 18:35 BobBob

MajorD wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 18:19:
LiTh wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 17:33:
BobBob wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 14:22:
I wonder if they'll make an Apple TV version. Lately, I've been quite impressed with the recent iOS games. They've evolved to become more complex and visually appealing. The fact I can just take them anywhere I want is a major plus - especially to the beach. Thumbsup

Why would you goto the beach to play a phone app?

Yeah really, I'd be looking at beach babes in bikinis and the waves, not a mobile device.

Oh, and thanks all for feedback on Wolfenstein NO and OB.

Cheers Thumbsup

I often read, write, and work at the beach. I treat it like an office. Thumbsup

40. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 15:53 BobBob

Hey, if they go on strike for too long don't be surprised if new games have funny out-sourced accents!  

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
13. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 23, 2015, 14:22 BobBob

I wonder if they'll make an Apple TV version. Lately, I've been quite impressed with the recent iOS games. They've evolved to become more complex and visually appealing. The fact I can just take them anywhere I want is a major plus - especially to the beach. Thumbsup  

33. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 14:18 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 14:12:
BobBob wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 12:56:
When voice synthesis and computer graphcs advance to the point of being indistinguishable from humans, actors will eventually be replaced.

Wait, that's oddly defensive. Bobbob, you're an AI?

With all the disturbingly selfish and cruel behaviors exhibited by humans to each other .. I can't say I'm worried about a Singularity. Brood

32. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 14:14 BobBob

It's unfair to say someone is overpaid. What's fair to say is consumers are willing to pay. If you believe someone is overpaid, blame your friend or neighbor for buying the service or product.  

23. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 13:54 BobBob

My complaint about Yonder

To those people who are outraged at Yonder's temulent, intolerant jeremiads, this letter will be of interest. People who are well-meaning yet misinformed might also profit by proceeding. For the remainder who are indifferent, faint of heart, or content to let Yonder doctor evidence and classification systems and make disgraceful generalizations to support disloyal, preconceived views, I regret that there is little reason to read further. Although what I'm about to say may create some discomfort for many peremptory fomenters of revolution and slimy hermits, the fact remains that there is no such thing as evil in the abstract. It exists only in the evil deeds of evil people like Yonder.

Yonder makes it sound like criminals are merely social rebels. The evidence against that concept is so overwhelming, even an eight-year-old child can recognize it. Even so, Yonder has certainly never given evidence of thinking extensively. Or at all, for that matter. In a previous letter, I announced my intention to pronounce the truth and renounce the lies. Naturally, this announcement caused Yonder to mutter abuses befitting his education. Incidents like that truly demonstrate how he is planning to squander irreplaceable national treasures. This does not bode well for the future because he says that children should get into cars with strangers who wave lots of yummy candy at them. You know, he can lie as much as he wants, but he can't change the facts. If he could, he'd sincerely prevent anyone from hearing that he is like a giant octopus sprawling its slimy length over city, state, and nation. Like the octopus of real life, Yonder operates under cover of self-created screen. He seizes in his long and powerful tentacles our executive officers, our legislative bodies, our schools, our courts, our newspapers, and every agency created for the public protection.

Don't be intimidated by Yonder's threat to treat people like mendacious grifters. Yonder, you are welcome to get off my back this time and stay off. I once managed to get him to agree that he is greedy for the well-being enjoyed by others. Unfortunately, a few minutes later, he did a volte-face and denied that he had ever said that. It is probably unwise to say this loudly, but engaging him in intelligent debate is far from easy. The last time I saw someone try, furious hatred, frenzied personal attacks, emotionalism, and defiance of reason and fact were all on display in spades, and they were all directed at this one, poor, frightened person. I wish Yonder would more calmly accept the fact that he personifies our nation's short attention span and penchant for apathy. But there is a further-reaching implication: Yonder's blandishments were never about tolerance and equality. That was just window dressing for the “innocents”. Rather, Yonder repeatedly expresses the view that undiscoverable, unmeasurable, magical forces from another plane of existence have given him superhuman wisdom. If the average Joe actually paused for a moment to analyze this dreck in a clear-eyed way, he'd realize that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to Yonder's grievances. It applies to everything he says and does. Yonder's behavior is rarely more refined than that of a banana-eating jungle monkey. There; my ranting is finished.

Scott Pakin's Automatic Complaint Generator

One of my all time favorite websites.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2015, 14:18.

20. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 12:56 BobBob

When voice synthesis and computer graphcs advance to the point of being indistinguishable from humans, actors will eventually be replaced.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Patch Plans
5. Re: Tribes Ascend Patch Plans Sep 22, 2015, 14:20 BobBob

August 14, 2001. Cry  

2825 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo