Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2823 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
30. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 11:56 BobBob

Why does the explosion produce sound?  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 11:47 BobBob

Awesome!  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 12:31 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 12:10:
BobBob wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 09:52:
Perhaps they need to broaden what means mental illness; or include mental disturbance; for example, a person has a psychotic episode due to drugs, injury, or shock.

Sure, a lot of shootings happen when people are temporarily emotionally or mentally distressed. But that happens to a lot of people, and better mental health care isn't going to help Johnny when he walks in on his wife Mary banging his best friend Sam.

I thought this article was interesting: Combat veterans shoot down NRA ‘fantasy world’ of ‘good guys with guns’

Some people probably have a disposition or tendency toward psychosis - as well as it being induced by drugs or environmental factors. My 'hunch' is that if we had a better mental health system, it would expand into counseling and therapy for people when they become distraught, depressed, stressed, etc. Just like how medical institutions try to influence a healthy lifestyle of 'diet and exercise', the same should be considered for psychological health. If there is an emotional trauma, there should be something well established - like an urgent care for medical issues, yet psychological - particularly offered at schools and public facilities.

I realize I live in a fantasy world ...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 09:52 BobBob

Perhaps they need to broaden what means mental illness; or include mental disturbance; for example, a person has a psychotic episode due to drugs, injury, or shock.  

15. Re: Misc. Oct 7, 2015, 21:50 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 10:39:
Not only have scientists developed a powder to stop bleeding, but another group of researchers have also come up with a sprayable foam that can heal wounds quickly. In that study, researchers sprayed the foam over wounds in pigs, and watched it double in size before it turned into a solid that prevented more blood from coming out.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah science!

And those paintings from 1900 were amazing!

Light therapy isn't hooey. I mean we need light in order to produce vitamin D. This is why so many people from sunnier climes closer to the equator are lactose intolerant while those of us who evolved in northern climes need dairy.

Usually once a week - when winter starts - I go to my community center to use the whirlpool and sauna to relax. They also use some kind of UV lighting - not tan lights - that's good for you. It's really relaxing and I always feel so much better after an hour or two of that.

Winter ...

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2015, 21:56.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 16:04 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 15:52:
I created music for a short film
http://ow.ly/T5I4d

That will be shown at TROPFEST in Australia
http://tropfest.com/

The director’s response:
"Mate... this is spot on.
Thank you so much. You're awesome. LOVE IT!!!
Got a whole day of editing tomorrow and will be listening to his track over and over and over
Have put a url to your soundcloud page in the credits. <3"

Here’s a photo of the event
http://tropfest.com/media/1956/1920-x-1160-hero-image-3.jpg

Basically... no pressure. o _ o

Congrats! Thumbsup

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 14:14 BobBob

It rained yesterday!

Do these pictures work?

http://postimg.org/image/q4wv8rkvr/
http://postimg.org/image/5ji3gv3av/
http://postimg.org/image/w3aoj03uf/

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 12:15 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 20:11:
BobBob wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 15:49:

With the El Niño here, it will be an especially warm winter. And hopefully lots of rain!

But won't the rain ruin your beachside rides?

Yes, it will be very difficult.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 12:13 BobBob

Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 01:00:
SlimRam wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 00:57:
Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 23:36:
Hey all. Just checking in to let everyone know I'm still breathing.
Was wondering where you had been. Also, where the HELL is Batman?

He's undercover.

Retired?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2015, 15:49 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 15:42:
I just installed a 7 day programmable Honeywell themostat for $45. It's plenty fine. Don't waste time and money on gimmicky thermostats. Do you really need to adjust the temp from the couch on your cell? God help you if you're that lazy you can't get up and manually adjust it.

With the El Niño here, it will be an especially warm winter. And hopefully lots of rain!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 3, 2015, 15:09 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 15:08:
I hate the parent company name. It's just stupid.

Why do I keep thinking about Big Bird?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 3, 2015, 15:08 BobBob

Does this mean I have to change my browsers's HomePage? Dizzy

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2015, 15:19.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2015, 15:04 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 12:11:
This is my 4,000th post on these forums. My first was on Apr 9. 2004. But I was a lurker here on Blues News long before that. I want to take a moment and thank Stephen (Blue) for everything he has done to maintain this site. And not only for keeping it going all these years but for being so steadfast in maintaining the history of the site. The fact I can look back easily for news from years ago, or at all of my 4,000 posts is awesome.

Blues News is effectively my home on the Internet. I'm not on FB, Twitter, or any other social media. I went looking, and the highest total of posts I have in any of the other places I post -- the highest was just over 100, most were under 25. So, I want to also thank everyone here (okay, almost everyone) for the community which exists here. I wouldn't be so bold as to say Blues News is unique, but I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of places like this on the Internet.

Thanks again, mostly everyone.

Well said! Blues News is the only place where I have found like-minded, intelligent, and balanced discussions. Thumbsup

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
142. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 18:27 BobBob

This is an interesting and entertaining discussion. Let's avoid personal attacks. Smash  

News Comments > Drone Swarm Announced
4. Re: Drone Swarm Announced Oct 2, 2015, 16:28 BobBob

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 15:50:
how do you select them?

Well that's easy, but it' s just hard to master.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
59. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 16:20 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 16:14:
JoeNapalm wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:21:

I agree the whole thing stinks. But I also still believe in "innocent until proven guilty"...I'd rather see SC succeed or fail on its own merits than have a bunch of unverifiable accusations from infamous trolls tear it down.

It's a dark day on the internet when people say "I have faith in Derek Smart!" What has he ever done to earn that?

-Jn-

It's innocent until proven guilty, but shouldn't we also be saying: things aren't adding up, let's investigate.

Haha ... whenever someone says something 'doesn't add up' this plays out in my head. Yes, I'm immature.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 16:03 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 15:53:
The initial intent was allow the keeping of arms within the context of a militia. It's been interpreted differently now though. That being said, this is another legacy of the slave trade. The southern states insisted on it in order to suppress slave uprisings. So while we probably need a change to the constitution (good luck with that) a judiciary willing to buck precedent could force the law back to its original intent (Scalia? Thomas? You guys are originalists!).

According to the article, the original intent of the 2nd was to stop slave uprisings. But you are saying that you wish the law would go back to that intent. But we no longer have slavery -- so I hope you aren't saying that you wish slavery would return.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 15:14 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 15:08:
BobBob wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 13:15:
descender wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:56:
Uh... woops?

There are TONS of laws regulating the ownership and use of a car to protect those around you. They are not perfect solutions to all of the things that can go wrong with a car, but they work to keep the average person from dying every time they go out on the road.

If those same type of laws existed for acquiring and using a gun we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

So what we need is gun violence insurance? Perhaps people can walk around in bullet proof bubbles. Or we can make more laws saying that people shouldn't shoot each other. Like distractive driving ,.. instead of just saying random shooting is illegal, we can make laws that say, if you text while shooting, that's very illegal, and if you drink while shootings, that's even more illegal. Laws on top of other laws, reinforcing prior laws - it really prevents those car deaths. Thumbsup

Actually, yeah, someone came up with that recently. Pass a law requiring all guns to be insured. Then let the insurance lobby hash it out with the gun lobby. In fact, the Democrats introduced just such a bill earlier this year, not that I expect it to go anywhere.

Insurance would reduce the number of guns simply by making ownership more expensive.

The fundamental issue is that the 2nd Amendment is heavily interpreted as a deregulation of guns, so any additional federal, and especially state, level control will inherently contradict the 'Supreme law of the land' or what is better known as 'The Bill of Rights'. The only way to truly change that is by passing a new constitutional amendment.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2015, 15:23.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
124. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 14:49 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:43:
descender wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 13:15:
Under her watch CIG has crowdfunded $90mil on nothing but promises and someone is questioning her marketing credentials? Rolleyes2

She's doesn't actually put out any marketing information. Many of the monthly reports and site information is written by Ben Lesnick and other members of Sandi's marketing team. In fact most of the actual marketing work was done by highly skilled, less paid members of the team. Sandi is just a face plate.

Giving so much credit to the peons behind the curtain??? Clearly, the answer is astrological! Let's work on some charts... Thinking

But seriously, I've never seen an organization's leader take a step back and give out a list of credits to the people behind scenes, even so much as putting them on the stage - such as the programmers, engineers, designers, etc - or whoever is involved in a given department. Would be a nice change in corporate culture.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2015, 14:57.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
39. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 14:39 BobBob

Should have made an iOS version first. That way all the blame can be pointed at the limitations of the tablet.  

2823 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo