Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3173 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2017, 19:40 BobBob

It's starting to get interesting. Popcorn  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2017, 17:11 BobBob

El Pit wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 11:58:
Racism is unfortunately making a "great" comeback! And also unfortunately, history teaches us that it teaches us nothing. I would really like to apply for a Mars mission. One way only.

Well, they better 'vet' well for that one. I can imagine a tyranical cult leader 'licking his his chops' waiting to lead a Mars mission with a payload of sheeples. "In space, no one can hear you protest."

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 17:27 BobBob

Meh. Never-mind. Avoiding political talk for about four years.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2017, 12:01 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:36:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 18:44:
BobBob wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 17:18:
I've been playing this game a lot lately. It's on sale right now.

Cool! Although, the font kind of sucks because it reads like "Nerd Chrome."

Meh, I suck at twin stick shooters and never enjoyed them.

They require a similar twitch/strategic/awareness ability that a twin stick shooter does. I assumed that most Blues New's readers were fans of FPS games like in the early Quake days.

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 25, 2017, 20:37 BobBob

Ultracrepidarianism: It's the mantra that informs the beginning, middle, and end of every speech that Timmeh delivers; the watchword of the witless Zoilists who snooker people of every stripe into believing that society is supposed to be lenient towards vengeful polluters; the poll-tested word guaranteed to resonate with the worst kinds of insensate blaggards there are. To get immediately to the point, the only winners in Timmeh's games are ambulance services and funeral homes. His helpers probably don't realize that because it's not mentioned in the funny papers or in the movies. Nevertheless, Timmeh has recently been going around claiming that the world can be happy only when his lynch mob is given full rein. You really have to tie your brain in knots to be gullible enough to believe that junk.

I know very few predatory, recalcitrant satanic-types personally, but I know them well enough to surmise that many of us are too naïve and trusting. It takes a lot of convincing to get us to see a person as inherently coprophagous or inherently conniving. Alas, Timmeh is doing all he can to provide us with unmistakable proof that he is inherently both. For instance, Timmeh somehow manages to maintain a straight face when saying that the sky is falling. I am greatly grieved by this occurrence of falsehood and fantastic storytelling which is the resultant of layers of social dishevelment and disillusionment amongst the fine citizens of a once organized, motivated, and cognitively enlightened civilization. Now that I've had time to think hard about his bons mots, my only question is this: Why? Why agitate for indoctrination programs in local schools? I once asked Timmeh that question; I am still waiting for an answer. In the meantime, let me point out that many, many people have been hurt by Timmeh for daring to do everything humanly possible to promote the free and open exchange of ideas and viewpoints. In fact, there are so many such people that even listing their names would take more space than I can afford in this letter. In their honor, though, I will say that Timmeh likes to talk about how 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them. The words sound pretty until you read between the lines and see that Timmeh is secretly saying that he intends to convict me without trial, jury, or reading one complete paragraph of this letter.

Naturally, what we have been imparting to Timmeh—or what he has been eliciting from us—is a half-submerged, barely intended logic, contaminated by wishes and tendencies we prefer not to acknowledge. My conscience compels me to dismantle our nation's entrenched system of corruption, patronage, and recidivism. How does he deal with this fascinating piece of information? He thoroughly ignores it. Before you read this letter, you might have thought that the goodness of something is in direct proportion only to the amount of factionalism in said thing. Now you know that Timmeh lacks concern for our common humanity.

Source

Still remains one my favorite sites.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 20:27 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 18:44:
BobBob wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 17:18:

Cool! Although, the font kind of sucks because it reads like "Nerd Chrome."

That would have worked as a title too.

Here's an informative video review that summarizes the game well.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 17:18 BobBob

13. Re: The brain uses REM sleep to cut unneeded connections Jan 25, 2017, 13:56 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:39:
BobBob wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 12:15:
The new memories in this case were formed in mice, which were trained to complete a treadmill-like motor task. Then, the mice were either deprived of REM sleep or allowed to experience this form of sleep. The mice that were allowed REM showed significantly higher pruning of new dendritic spines compared to the mice that were REM sleep deprived.

It's a pity they must torture helpless animals to make these discoveries. Perhaps someday in the future, computer simulations will become so advanced, animal testing will not only be unnecessary but even considered deplorable and archaic.

Computer modeling and simulation has obviated the need for a lot of animal testing, so there's much less than their used to be. I used to drive by a large pharmaceutical company on my way to school in the 80s and every Tuesday they would incinerate all the animals they'd killed. Man that shit reeked.

Seeing animals in pain brings tears to my eyes. It's one of the few things that causes me to be overtly emotional. It's a weakness, I know.

6. Re: The brain uses REM sleep to cut unneeded connections Jan 25, 2017, 12:15 BobBob

The new memories in this case were formed in mice, which were trained to complete a treadmill-like motor task. Then, the mice were either deprived of REM sleep or allowed to experience this form of sleep. The mice that were allowed REM showed significantly higher pruning of new dendritic spines compared to the mice that were REM sleep deprived.

It's a pity they must torture helpless animals to make these discoveries. Perhaps someday in the future, computer simulations will become so advanced, animal testing will not only be unnecessary but even considered deplorable and archaic.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2017, 12:39.

24. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 24, 2017, 21:56 BobBob

Hehe Popcorn  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 13:41 BobBob

What puzzles me is that logic, philosophy, and critical thinking are considered college level courses. They should be taught in elementary school along with math, history, English, etc.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: AT&T to offer day passes for international travelers Jan 24, 2017, 13:36 BobBob

I wish they offered this years ago. Nice.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2017, 13:32 BobBob

When I order something via Amazon Prime, how do I know if it has free return shipping? Or is that always a given? It's hard to know if a sleeve will fit my laptop without trying it.

I thoroughly dislike going to stores.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 16:18 BobBob

ledhead1969 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 15:53:
descender wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:21:
It's why you all lost. Keep it up.

The electoral college is the only reason Trump won. If you had half a brain you wouldn't be gloating about the fact that the minority of voters just elected our president.

People like you being this head-in-the-sand stupid is why we all lost.

Do you even understand the electoral college? It is designed to give a voice to all of those flyover states you libs hate. If we had a straight vote and it was Texas, instead of Cali, that made a Rep win every year you would be crying like a baby about that, too.

This is where you'll probably need a time machine to find the truth.

Historians differ on why the electoral college was created and each explanation seems to have an inherent political bias:

• Slave States vs. Non Slave States

• States Rights vs. Dictatorship of The Majority

• It was too difficult to deliver and tally all those individual votes over such a large geographical area.

• A chosen electorate can make a final determination of whether or not a president-elect qualifies and is not corrupt.

• Did I miss one?

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 13:34 BobBob

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:27:
    jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:21:
    The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:04:
    Here's how I look at it.

I don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. But until he does something stupid I have to remain optimistic.

Did you NOT watch any election coverage at all over the past 2 years?

Oh I sadly watched it. (I wanted Bernie). But what the fuck are you or I going to do about it? Nothing. If Trump fucks up everyone (including the Reps) will burn him alive. And as others said I'm more scared of Pence then of Trump.

Can the next 4 years suck? Yeah they could. We've had better presidents, and worse presidents, but me going outside, yelling and screaming that it's all Trump's fault, or the idiots that voted for him fault into the sky and shaking my fists won't change shit.

One of my motto's is "Plan for worse case scenario, if it doesn't happen so much the better". All I can do is wait and see what happens. No amount of internet rage and posting will change that for anyone.

And Blue thank you for posting that 'Things aren't what they seem' video. Watched it last night and forgot to send it to ya.

If liberals and 'intellectuals' want to protest, they should be protesting against the DNC and other left-leaning organizations that didn't reach out to struggling middle America. Obama did and that's why he won.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 13:08 BobBob

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:04:
    Here's how I look at it.

I don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. But until he does something stupid I have to remain optimistic.

Probably the most sensible approach. The whining is getting tiresome. I rarely watch the news anymore because of it.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 12:44 BobBob

Well, it'll be entertaining at least ... It'll also be interesting to watch the new administration interact with California. Popcorn  

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Gold
    9. Re: Halo Wars 2 Gold Jan 18, 2017, 18:58 BobBob

I actually enjoyed Halo: Spartan Strike and Halo: Spartan Assault more than the FPS Halo games. With the FPS games, the enemies deliberately assaulted from the front, I suppose because when using a game controller a player cannot turn a fast 180 like with a mouse / keyboard combination. It made the AI's movement feel very predictable.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 16:30 BobBob

Pigeon wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 15:57:
    BobBob wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 15:44:
    RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 15:36:
    Stay focused, you're trying to get work done.

Ha! I'll probably have to add Blue's News to this Chrome extension I've been using. It actually helps.

Nice. Yes you should definitely fine tune the settings on that, think of how much time it will save you once it's done. I bet your work area is a little cluttered too you should probably pick that up, but you're going to need to figure out a new more efficient filing system so you can easily find stuff you put away... should probably research that on the internet, after you've organized your favorites by names that sound most edible to least edible. /procrastinationpro

This reminds me of a time I was asked to tutor a relative (by marriage) in learning the English language. As soon as we sat down at a table, I swear he would spend the first 15 minutes arranging his pencils, organizing his paperwork, and fiddling around with a bunch of notes before we could ever get started.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 15:44 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 15:36:
    Stay focused, you're trying to get work done.

Ha! I'll probably have to add Blue's News to this Chrome extension I've been using. It actually helps.

3173 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 14.
    < Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo