Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2828 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2015, 16:39 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:11:
Stay away from that crap. There's nothing in the house that can be cleaned as well, if not better, with DIY home cleaners based on a few simple ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, bleach, and borax. And they're all far cheaper and better for the environment. Vinegar alone is a wonder liquid that does almost everything.

Does your place have that aged-vinegar "old person" smell?

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
107. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 20:37 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 20:13:
BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 19:56:
Stop the pathetic discussion of this game.

First with the pathetic financial advice nobody cared about and now forum moderating. Don't like the conversation, here's a hint, don't read it.

Do you really need an explanation? Are you so detached from reality?

104. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 19:56 BobBob

Stop the pathetic discussion of this game.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2015, 20:01.

58. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:59 BobBob

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:52:
BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:42:
Hey you, stop telling me to stop telling people to stop ... Or as we say here, WHATEVER! Moving to California can save you a ton on not having to pay for AC, rakes, high heating bills, and snow shovels - not to mention, the closest space you gain by not needing seasonal clothes.

All in return for a paltry $4000/sqft! JOIN NOW AND GET AN EXTRA 2 SQUARE FEET TOTALLY FREE!

Also, have fun not having water. Or when you do have water, having to dig your car out from under the mud that came with it. Thumbsup

Anyway, back on topic, it's a fun game. The controls could use some work, and there really should be a bit more explanation of how things work (for example, I figured I could just MAKE a dog house for Dogmeat, and so I scavenged all the dog houses I found in Sanctuary. And, of course, even though my guy can make a nuclear freaking generator with some screws and duct tape, and even though I just made a 3 story mansion that encompasses half of Sanctuary, a simple dog house is beyond him, so Dogmeat has no place to stay...)

Voice acting is fine (much improved over previous games, and it has Garrus. GARRUS!!!), the writing actually picks up pretty decently later, the shooting is much, much, much improved.

Really the big qualms that I think are legit is that it really looks waaaaay too much like FO3 (which I'd already worried about myself), and that the graphics really aren't that great (with characters/faces and monsters being flat-out terrible.)

None of these really distract from how much fun it is, imo.

Well, I actually need to live here. I have horrible asthma and living near the ocean is the only thing that seems to alleviate it. Otherwise, there's a strong chance I'd be looking into buying land in the middle of nowhere and have lots of space. I envy people that can do that... Here is an article on the topic, if you're curious.

I played Fallout 3 for awhile .. got pretty far then I ran into a game ending bug. It destroyed my progress. It was crazy. I was super frustrated. I don't know how it happened. I read others had the same problem. So I've learned my lesson: Purchase games when there is a final patch (or fan-made patch) that fixes almost everything. Yah, and I paid full price for it, like an idiot. Never again ...

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2015, 14:33.

52. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:42 BobBob

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:13:
BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:19:
Better to prioritize spending toward investments such as index funds, tax deferred plans, and property. Thumbsup

Yes, because it's not as if there was a huge stock market crash in 1999, or in 2008, and it's not as if the housing market has already collapsed once.

SQUIRREL ALL YOUR MONEY AWAY FOR THE FUTURE!
(then hope you don't get hit by a bus.)

You missed the most important money-saving tip of all, btw: Move to California!

Stop telling people how to spend their money. Thumbsup

Hey you, stop telling me to stop telling people to stop ... Or as we say here, WHATEVER! Moving to California can save you a ton on not having to pay for AC, rakes, high heating bills, and snow shovels - not to mention, the closest space you gain by not needing seasonal clothes.

Anyhow, the point is that most games are fairly buggy upon first release and much more expensive. Why pay to be a tester? Just wait for a polished and cheaper version in a few months or a year.

29. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:19 BobBob

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:12:
BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:06:
Who is stupid enough to purchase any single player game when it first comes out? Always wait at least a year to buy it - after it is patched, polished, and, of course, when the price drops significantly.

Well... I'd say that is wise remarks if you need to be frugal with your money. There are people that will pay 32k for a ship ya know. If you like Bethesda games (12 million do) you know at $10 or $60 you are getting your moneys worth.

Unless your a multimillionaire (and even then), one should always be frugal with money. Shop outlet sections of stores, buy last year's model of a car, etc. Better to prioritize spending toward investments such as index funds, tax deferred plans, and property. Thumbsup

24. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:06 BobBob

Who is stupid enough to purchase any single player game when it first comes out? Always wait at least a year to buy it - after it is patched, polished, and, of course, when the price drops significantly.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2015, 14:39 BobBob

When I was a kid, I kept getting letters about being a veteran. Apparently, I had a relative who served in WWI with the same exact name as myself.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
90. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 13:57 BobBob

It's just a video game. More than one complaining post means you are taking it way too seriously. Go outside and enjoy nature. Thumbsup  

87. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 10:50 BobBob

jimnms wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 09:53:
You wouldn't be saying that if some company bought the rights to a game franchise you loved and then shit all over it. This game could have stood on its own as a new IP, but buying the name of a loved RPG franchise and slapping its name on your product is going to draw comparisons to the originals.

You're going to feel that way more and more as time passes and you stubbornly maintain your own viewpoint and habits. It will adversely affect you in every aspect of your life - from playing video games, taking a stroll through a park. to eating at a restaurant. Culture, language, entertainment, and all those things that you consider a part of your identity will continue to change around you. The frustration is completely normal. You can see it when old folks constantly talk about the 'good ole days' and the corruption of the 'younger generation'. It's the appeal to tradition. It's one of the most difficult logical fallacies to overcome.

I'll give an example of a non-video game related behavior. I was taught to treat ladies traditionally - that is hold doors open for them, allow them to go first, and help them carry heavy items. Often I go through a portion of a bicycle path that is obstructed by stairs. It requires one carry his/her bike up the stairs. Well, I always carry my wife's bicycle up the stairs. She likes it. But often, I see men have their girlfriends/wives/dates carry their own bicycle up the stairs. It boils my brain. I'm constantly shocked at the lack of 'traditional' - that is what I consider to be polite and correct - behavior. I'm sure the counter-argument is that women have equal rights, therefore should equally be allowed to carry their own bicycles. It can be argued, against tradition, that the man helping is a sign of displaying superiority and trying to make the woman feel weak. In my case, it's far from the truth, as it truly is a part of my upbringing to respect women as superior and to be cherished. As you can see, both sides will see the same situation differently, perhaps with both having good intentions of respecting women. However, no matter how much logic is thrown into it, both sides will see their own way as righteous and will be critical of the other.

This is a reoccurring theme in my life. I'm sure you're encountering it on a minuscule video game design level. Be prepared for this frustration to get a lot worse in every aspect of your life.

Welcome to getting older. Thumbsup

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2015, 12:52.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 19:54 BobBob

One of the best episodes Thumbsup  

50. Re: Interior Lighting Sucks!! Nov 10, 2015, 15:47 BobBob

Freedom, while tantalizing as a feature, usually means a constant grind for rewards. How solid is the storyline? Will I dream about it? Will it inspire me?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 13:10 BobBob

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:01:
BobBob wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:21:
All zoos, in every form, should be closed.

Most ignorant statement of the morning! Many zoos/sanctuaries are saving the lives of animals and/or keeping them from extinction, and letting people pay a few bucks to come look at them helps pay for the self-less work they do. Don't throw the baby out with the [abusive corporate profiteering] bathwater...

People that engage in such activities (directly or indirectly) should be severely
punished. You don't put the victim in jail to protect him from the criminal.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 12:21 BobBob

All zoos, in every form, should be closed.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 19:45 BobBob

NvM.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 18:09 BobBob

Well, I won't get into a debate, but during the summer I'm usually at the beach. Ah, actually, I'm usually at the beach during all of the four seasons. It never gets too hot here. Thumbsup  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 16:56 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 14:18:
BobBob wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 12:19:
I'm surrounded by palm trees. They are very low maintenance. Thumbsup

I'll still take the raking with the autumn colours any day of the week. Fall is the best season in the northern climes, almost makes up for everything else. While I'll take the heat over the cold any day of the week I do like a change of seasonal scenery for what it's worth.

Let's compare our daily activities in January.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 12:19 BobBob

I'm surrounded by palm trees. They are very low maintenance. Thumbsup  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2015, 11:44 BobBob

I should start growing facial hair to keep warm.. It's only in the upper 60s today.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 12:06 BobBob

Do you suggest that we eat less meat?  

2828 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo