Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3126 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2017, 18:01 BobBob

The micro-climate strikes again. It sways between 60 and 70 here. There's a chilly breeze with sporadic pockets of warm sunlight. The coastline is overcast. It's been too damn cold and foggy in the mornings.

/SoCal-whining

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 BobBob

It's not just the weather. Compared to Southern Californians, the people there seem a lot more stressed out, pushy, in your face, and take themselves far too seriously. I regularly visited Manhattan Upper East Side many years ago. I prefer our laid-back California beach culture that we have here. You too may realize that distinctive cultural difference and wish to return.

Good luck. Thumbsup

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2017, 00:52 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:21:
BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 17:13:
I don't vandalize. I voted. You? Oh wait, nvm, eh.

Wow, so you voted...at least once in your life. Well aren't you just the paragon to hold up and how people how to make democracy function. The effort of going out to vote once every 4 years must be utterly draining.

Ah, nope. It didn't drain me at all. In fact, I managed to save all my energy, I mailed it in!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2017, 17:13 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 15:10:
BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:36:
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:25:
BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 11:53:
Close to home.

Popcorn

Typical self-entitled brats. I'll bet nary a one of them even voted, much less actually put in any real work to change the system. No, it's far easier to bitch and vandalize other peoples stuff you disagree with.

That's right because keyboard warriors are the true game changers.

But I do agree that vandalizing property does no good and can only harm the employees if the business suffers. Better to spend that time and energy educating others.

You're the one constantly pissing and moaning about Trump but what are you actually DOING about it besides pissing and moaning. Did you even bother to vote? Ever volunteered for a campaign? Started a petition? A movement? Done anything except piss and moan? There are plenty of people actually DOING stuff about it, Bob. Besides throwing tantrums and vandalizing things. Try it sometime.

I don't vandalize. I voted. You? Oh wait, nvm, eh.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2017, 12:36 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:25:
BobBob wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 11:53:
Close to home.

Popcorn

Typical self-entitled brats. I'll bet nary a one of them even voted, much less actually put in any real work to change the system. No, it's far easier to bitch and vandalize other peoples stuff you disagree with.

That's right because keyboard warriors are the true game changers.

But I do agree that vandalizing property does no good and can only harm the employees if the business suffers. Better to spend that time and energy educating others.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2017, 11:53 BobBob

Close to home.

Popcorn

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 18:31 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 18:23:
BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 16:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:17:
BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 12:59:
RIP EPA and the environment.

Look at the upside. Once again people will be able to set rivers on fire in order to keep warm.

I know there are terrible economic, social, and civil consequences to having this administration in power, but destroying nature simply irks me beyond description. These idiots will unleash irreversible devastation on our planet.

I'm truly disgusted by all of this.

Call your house rep and your senator. Tell them your opinion, that you're a constituent, and that you vote every election.

You might also want to tell them to oppose TrumpCare.

Doesn't do much good in California. They already agree.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 16:33 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:17:
BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 12:59:

Look at the upside. Once again people will be able to set rivers on fire in order to keep warm.

I know there are terrible economic, social, and civil consequences to having this administration in power, but destroying nature simply irks me beyond description. These idiots will unleash irreversible devastation on our planet.

I'm truly disgusted by all of this.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 12:59 BobBob

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
11. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 9, 2017, 23:44 BobBob

I must recuse myself from future comments due to rabid Carmack fanboyism.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 14:19 BobBob

Ever been to Legoland? You know how they check a person for weapons and sharp objects at the entrance? I don't think it's necessarily to protect others. It's to stop you from killing yourself out of mind-numbing boredom.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 12:13 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 09:59:
Make America horny again! Grab them by the pussy!

The way the world is going now, people should have less kids or no kids. The environment is going to shit, and will go deeper into shit based on the policies of the new administration, automation will keep replacing many common jobs, AI will soon replace smart jobs, and the general population is getting more stupid each year.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2017, 13:07 BobBob

Made millions off Avatar. But no credit was given to him for this.

70. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 8, 2017, 09:26 BobBob

Popcorn  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2017, 21:32 BobBob

Peter M. Smith wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:21:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:04:
Before you turn this into the Spanish Inquisition's "Confession Hour" perhaps you should read my post. It sheds light on the status of bible posts on this site moving forward. It made RedEye super happy.

Too bad. I enjoyed reading your perspective on things, from a theological standpoint.

I agree. They act as if though he has magic powers and they are trying to resist his words.

Inquisitive

62. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2017, 18:27 BobBob

I prejudge every human as able and willing to destroy nature, until I'm convinced otherwise. Sorry.  

11. Re: Out of the BlueI Mar 7, 2017, 13:02 BobBob

I remember watching The Bronco Chase live on TV. I also remember arguing with friends about OJ's innocence, while we watched it. I said he was innocent, and my friends were convinced he was guilty. But I stuck to my belief that a person is innocent until proven guilty, and that a car chase isn't proof of guilt. Turns out I was right. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2017, 12:58 BobBob

Microsoft had it right, but it became an ethics issue. There needs to be an avoid 'high crime area' option. If I'm driving outside the beach cities, I generally stay on the freeway to avoid bad neighborhoods.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 18:57 BobBob

Some companies measure employee performance based on results, not merely how much he/she will succumb to a whip and chain.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 17:30 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 17:02:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:38:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:18:
The same could be said of scientists who proposed string theory (remains unproven), Higgs Boson (took 48 years to verify), and E=MC^2 (took 120 years to prove). And yet you haven't seen the scientific community protesting vigorously about these just because they remained theories at the time. In fact, many participated in proving them correct through years and years of research. In any context, science is always a systematic effort to build and organize knowledge from satisfactory evidence, and real faith is based on such efforts. Even faith in science can exist.
Stop it, just stop it. You are not that stupid.

All evidence to the contrary, because making a such a statement is irrefutably stupid. You can't have faith in reason. You either reason or you don't. Science demands objectivity regardless of your personal beliefs. There's an old expression, 'Whether you believe in the ocean or not, step in it and you're gonna' get wet.' Or as Spock said, "Reality is consistent with Universal laws."

Religion and faith are mankind's biggest problem, bar none. It's never done anything except hold us back, hold us down, make us lazy and irresponsible. Worse it demands that people deliberately deceive themselves, and others, and replace reason with faith. And a man without reason is no better than a rabid animal. Case in point, just look at Muslim extremists. Even America's Jesus freaks aren't that far off. No, there is no reconciling than two. A lot of people simply lack the native intelligence, education, and bravery to move beyond faith. Many people simply can't deal with the fact that they're ultimately alone in the Universe. That their life is random and there's no meaning to any of it, and that there is most certainly no eternal reward or punishment when you die. They'd go mad from fear over it.

I'd argue that there is a spectrum of faith in all situations:

Inconsequential <----> Consequential

I'm willing to bet much of what you tout as reason is based on a various forms of inconsequential faith, but leans towards consequential faith when certain principles are involved. For instance, if you believe in (human influenced) climate change, you're probably leaning toward consequential faith because you're accepting the scientific data as being irrefutable based on authoritative knowledge, proclamations, studies, and how it will affect you personally, as opposed to say theories on evolution or how the universe began. The amount and intensity of said faith is precipitated by the immediacy of consequences, and ranges to long-term consequences, and whether or not said consequences are permanent or malleable

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2017, 18:55.

3126 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo