Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2882 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2016, 10:22 BobBob

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 09:37:
Further, we have suggested that perhaps your credulity stems in some small part from the fact that as a middle-aged straight white dude.

Interesting, I share the same demographic, yet I am horrified by the prospects.

However ...

I also have 3 college degrees and live on the West Coast.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 10:46.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2016, 15:20 BobBob

Dacote wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:45:
BobBob wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:24:
Watching protests on the news. I find the popular vote argument questionable. Are the popular vote excess #s based on states he won or she won? For instance, imagine each state has 2 small buckets (one red, one blue) and a large bucket which both small buckets pour into when they cease filling up. Once the large bucket is filled up, one color dominates and that sets the electoral vote for a state - meaning if a state turns turns red or blue. Popular vote matters because we measure the spill over of the large buckets. The big question - is the 'blue' popular vote - spill over - coming from both red and blue states or is it primarily coming from blue states? The question is important because I believe it can clarify or demystify state level cultural divides, the validity of electoral college vs popular vote, and help us understand fundamental differences in regional representations.
Not sure i understand your question, but if you google 2016 election results it has a nice interactive chart and you can look at individual states.

Is her popular vote win exclusively blue states or also red states?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2016, 14:24 BobBob

Watching protests on the news. I find the popular vote argument questionable. Are the popular vote excess #s based on states he won or she won? For instance, imagine each state has 2 small buckets (one red, one blue) and a large bucket which both small buckets pour into when they cease filling up. Once the large bucket is filled up, one color dominates and that sets the electoral vote for a state - meaning if a state turns turns red or blue. Popular vote matters because we measure the spill over of the large buckets. The big question - is the 'blue' popular vote - spill over - coming from both red and blue states or is it primarily coming from blue states? The question is important because I believe it can clarify or demystify state level cultural divides, the validity of electoral college vs popular vote, and help us understand fundamental differences in regional representations.  

189. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 18:14 BobBob

I wonder what the government of California will do to protect us when the new fed pulls funding and attempts to deport millions of people living in our state.  

180. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 09:47 BobBob

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 09:21:

Glenn Beck called, he wants his rhetoric back.

Nice attempt to discredit what I'm saying by associating my speculation with a political commentator who I never listen to.

The evidence is speaking for itself:

http://tinyurl.com/jc2fzaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDIBvNZRiuc

http://tinyurl.com/hsg9bdt

http://tinyurl.com/jalu4mh

Sad and terrifying, this is only the beginning.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 09:57.

177. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 09:15 BobBob

When you get tired of being oppressed by the new regime ruled by Herr Trump, and his brown shirts rampaging through the streets, and public schools and daily life threatened by gangs of racists and ultra right wing reactionaries that have crawled out of hiding -- emboldened, empowered, and validated by the new angry and hateful administration - let me know when you seek sanctuary. We will welcome you in our refuge of freedom, tolerance, and diversity, known as California.

What truly scares me the #%%# out of me is that I might not be joking.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 09:21.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 21:53 BobBob

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 21:33:
A BEEEEELION!! 'Grats Blue!

No like or thumbs up feature here, so quoting Creston to share the same sentiment. Thumbsup

157. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 10, 2016, 17:39 BobBob

JoeCool wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 17:37:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 21:49:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 21:20:
Move to Colorado, they just voted in assisted suicide.

Fortunately, as a Trump supporter, you don't need the government's permission: alcohol poisoning and opioid overdoses will see things through for you on their own. Rising death rates due to suicide and drug overdose among middle-aged whites can't increase fast enough.

This is why you lefist morons lost. You're not real americans, you don't represent real america and real american whitelashed against your pathetic world view.

You mean all those votes were cast by Native Americans?

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 17:05 BobBob

Oh hell, yah!!!

I love my state!

154. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 16:19 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 13:59:
Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 11:14:
Trump's 100 day plan, from the man himself:

If he can accomplish just the lobbying reform alone it would be an incredible achievement.

His environmental derailment efforts are of course a disaster but that's a whole other ball of wax.

There's a lot of good there, and there's a lot of scary stuff. I appreciate how he's going after sacred cows.

GOOD:
1. The lobby reform is long, long overdue. Jesus fuck is it overdue. I'll bet the SCOTUS overturns it though. "Money = free speech" case is still on the books.

2. I've been in favor of congressional term limits forever. LOL @ McConnell, who is not in favor.

3. If he can change defense spending to stop projects from having parts built in 40 states, I'd support that.

4. Rebuilding our infrastructure is sorely needed.

BAD:
1. He's expanding the war on drugs. It has already failed, let's try something new.

2. Reducing regulations simply "because there are too many" is bad. Each regulation should be changed or eliminated based on analysis. We saw what happened after Glass-Steagall was repealed.

3. The environmental changes, pro fossil fuel stance, and withdrawing from climate change agreements.

4. The wall. LOL.

WAIT AND SEE:
1. Withdrawing from NAFTA and TPP. NAFTA has pretty much been a wash, and trade btw Canada, Mexico, and the USA has increased a 3x since it's introduction. Jobs have been both lost and created as a result. The rust belt was already rusting before it was passed. I oppose the TPP, but if it turned out like NAFTA, it wouldn't have had much of an effect either way.

2. Going after countries for currency manipulation. On the one hand, long overdue. On the other hand, a trade war could really hurt us.

3. I hope that by reducing government employees, they're not planning on replacing them with private contractors.

4. Rebuilding the military. We already have the largest most powerful military in the world. I'm hoping he means to change weapons procurement methodologies so we don't end up with over-expensive, troubled weapons systems like the F-35 or Zumwalt.

5. Tax reform. Depends on how he does it, but if he wants to rebuild both the nation's infrastructure and the military, how will he pay for it?

You missed the fine print.

Everything proposed is subject to change on a whim. The Supreme Ruler reserves the right to make spontaneous decisions, and to enact revenge upon anyone who he feels insults him or disagrees with his policies.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 13:22 BobBob

Worth a try?

141. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 12:30 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 12:22:
BobBob wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 12:07:
I'm quite scared for our future. Jingoism, sexism, science ignorance, and bigotry will not only be prevalent in this upcoming administration, but it will validate such behavior nationwide by its fanatical constituents.

Executive leadership often sets a culture tone in law, education. and attitude.

Many news outlets are trying to down play it to keep the peace and to prevent widespread panic, but history has shown that often the situation is much worse than is either predicted or what people are willing to imagine.

I truly hope our California government can protect us.

i think we're only mildly fucked. If you thought Congress stonewalled President Obama, just wait and see what happens with President Fuckstick Von Clownstein.

PS
Congress refusal to approve the SCOTUS nomination was a national disgrace.

Very different scenario. This time, he will be one of their own, Let's not underestimate the ability of an extremist to manipulate sycophants against each in order to obtain an uncontested outcome. See history. ...

139. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 12:07 BobBob

I'm quite scared for our future. Jingoism, sexism, science ignorance, and bigotry will not only be prevalent in this upcoming administration, but it will validate such behavior nationwide by its fanatical constituents.

Executive leadership often sets a culture tone in law, education. and attitude.

Many news outlets are trying to down play it to keep the peace and to prevent widespread panic, but history has shown that often the situation is much worse than is either predicted or what people are willing to imagine.

I truly hope our California government can protect us.

137. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 10:57 BobBob

History repeats: California Today: With Trump’s Rise, a Return to the ‘Rebel State

Finding yourself disenchanted with your state's 'red' election status? There is hope for you. Cool

131. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 09:29 BobBob

Take a very deep breath and hold it for 4 years.  

48. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 15:04 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:39:
BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:32:
I hope he does one thing, that's sort of expected of his campaign, and that's fight crime. It's surging and spreading in waves and it's getting to the point where places that used to feel safe are full of gangs, graffiti, shootings, and thugs. I'm not asking for a totalitarian regime or some kind of police state, but I'm tired of losing the freedom to walk the streets. I actually thought if Hillary won she'd push for better law enforcement as well, as Bill did.

Freedom to be safe and walk the streets should be considered a 'right'.
National crime stats are at decades-low rates, three times lower than just 20 years ago. If there's a surge in your area, it's local, and you can probably bug your local rep to do something about it.

Prop 47 and early release ... that's affecting all of California.

La Times

SF Chronicle

Fact Check

Also, do I have to mention Boston, San Bernardino, Orlando, and others?

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:35 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:33:
So far I've made $94 on my mutual fund investments. So there's that. That's about as far as I go. Yay for neutrality!

If you're smart and you can, buy as much as you can afford when they drop. They will rebound, as always.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:32 BobBob

I hope he does one thing, that's sort of expected of his campaign, and that's fight crime. It's surging and spreading in waves and it's getting to the point where places that used to feel safe are full of gangs, graffiti, shootings, and thugs. I'm not asking for a totalitarian regime or some kind of police state, but I'm tired of losing the freedom to walk the streets. I actually thought if Hillary won she'd push for better law enforcement as well, as Bill did.

Freedom to be safe and walk the streets should be considered a 'right'.

I don't think he can bring jobs back... corporations don't give out jobs as a charity, they are greedy. Besides, automation like AI, robots, and autonomous vehicles .. that's going to destroy jobs more than anything else and no candidate has ever addressed that problem.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:01 BobBob

DangerDog wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 13:50:
nin wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 11:28:
Feels like a funeral today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

Found a good video that summarizes the result for many.

123. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 13:46 BobBob

Edit. Wrong place.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2016, 14:05.

2882 Comments. 145 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo