Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3320 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 16:10 BobBob

Be you jocks or be you nerds? There can be only one choice. Inquisitive  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 15:29 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:23:
BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:00:
ok.
Bobbob! You're not dead!

Whatcha been up to?

Working and writing two novels. Been fairly busy. Plus, we remodeled a kitchen and portions of our home. Finally, life has calmed down.

How are you?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 15:00 BobBob

ok.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
31. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 28, 2017, 19:35 BobBob

In the trailer, the animations look forced and unnatural. Do they seem that way while playing the game too?

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2017, 00:09.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2017, 20:07 BobBob

Natural method:

Fresh garlic, peel and crush while adding oil and a little bit of salt. Once it's in a paste like mixture, add some sour cream.

Based on: Mujdei

Works great as topping on any kind of meat, bread, or grilled vegetable. Chef

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2017, 12:14 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 12:06:
At least you can sleep well knowing that the sore throat was not caused by a vaccine.

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2017, 12:02 BobBob

Sigh ... preparing for a flood of tourists. This story is based in the same neighborhood where we live.  

117. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 15:05 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 12:42:
BobBob wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 11:49:
Never blame rich people for their horrific behavior, blame the everyday consumer for continuing to purchase their products or services.
Unfortunately, when their product is the power industry and you have no choice whom you buy your power from...

115. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 11:49 BobBob

Beamer wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 09:19:
The Kochs have a weird grip on policy in this country, as does Sheldon Adelson, who is even more loathsome. Someone did a horrific report on Adelson a few years back that would make your blood boil. Doing so many things to make sure his billions made him count more than any other American.

However, given the absolute lunacy conspiracy theories some of The_Donald types, two or three are here, have about George Soros, I no longer worry much. Yeah, it may be poor logic, as we have actual data and journalism showing the ways Adelson and the Kochs use their billions to shape policy, while anything Soros related is people convinced he's paying every American that doesn't like Trump to hold that opinion, employing us all with absolutely no paper trail and no clear means of recruiting us, but their paranoia is so intense it makes me think that the impact of Adelson and the Kochs is probably much less than the shadow they actually cast.

Never blame rich people for their horrific behavior, blame the everyday consumer for continuing to purchase their products or services.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 15:10 BobBob

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 14:52:
I went to get a criminal records check for my new job and when I get there "sorry we only do those on tuesdays and thursdays and you have to pay for them in another county".

This is truly a special kind of stupid.

Ha. In the UK there was a sign on a store that had the posted hours as "Open Early Til Late".

87. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 13:08 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:59:
BobBob wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:23:
Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:05:
BobBob wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 15:48:
Depends on the neighborhood, but the more it's happening in 'decent neighborhoods' the more I realize that nowhere is safe.

Canada is pretty safe, I spend a lot of time on business up there. Well certain areas of it anyway. What exactly is the crime rate in your area?

I'm not sure how accurate this is or how to decipher it.

Thoughts?
If an area has a crime rate map I definitely know how I would interpret it and the resultant action I would take.
I WOULD MOVE!!!!

What area doesn't have a crime map? And does that mean there is no crime there?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 12:55 BobBob

I didn't think this was legal to do so, but good on the local paper.  

85. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 12:23 BobBob

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:05:
BobBob wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 15:48:
Depends on the neighborhood, but the more it's happening in 'decent neighborhoods' the more I realize that nowhere is safe.

Canada is pretty safe, I spend a lot of time on business up there. Well certain areas of it anyway. What exactly is the crime rate in your area?

I'm not sure how accurate this is or how to decipher it.

Thoughts?

84. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 12:18 BobBob

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:12:
It's a good thing that senseless deaths cannot be dealt with, let's just ignore those other countries that don't have this epidemic.

Based on my experience with some of the countries listed:

Germany was ultra boring but it did feel super safe and is very clean. Probably one of the safest countries I felt while cycling or simply walking around late at night.

The UK had spotty areas to be avoided, and there were lots of drunks and rowdy types, but in general the people are kind and civilized. As an American, due to the language and close cultural ties, I found it the easiest country to feel at home.

Romania felt safe to some degree - especially in the villages - but there's major wild dog problem and the bigger city's general culture of lawless driving and pushy attitudes on the street can be highly stressful. The Romanian people are very intelligent and passionate about their homeland - and you'll find some of the best food in Europe there.

When I retire and if I had a choice, and didn't mind keeping myself occupied with daily hobbies, and wanted to feel super safe, most likely I'd choose Germany. If I wanted excitement and diversity, an easy cultural transition, and cooked my own food, the UK would be a good choice. If I wanted a very low cost of living, was willing to be self-sufficient - on many levels - and didn't mind moving to a village or a city like Sibiu, Romania would be under strong consideration.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans
9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 6, 2017, 11:36 BobBob

I imagine another form of anti-cheat would be to simply measure the statistical success (score, accuracy, lack of death, etc.) of a player .. if it's so far above average, flag him/her for administrative observation.

Banning by GUID (derived by cd or serial key) is essential, banning by IP address is completely useless.

8. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 6, 2017, 11:33 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 01:38:
BobBob wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 19:25:
I always thought PunkBuster was fairly good. Never understood why it didn't become more popular with game developers.

Many gamers loathe PunkBuster to the point where publishers have to hide its use. Its parasitic nature has prompted the creation of removal tools since, as far as I know, uninstalling doesn't thoroughly remove it. Publishers are not going to riddle their multi-million investment with a DRM that has the potential to anger their customers.

But is VAC as effective?

4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 5, 2017, 19:25 BobBob

I always thought PunkBuster was fairly good. Never understood why it didn't become more popular with game developers.  

79. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2017, 15:48 BobBob

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:43:
BobBob wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 09:43:
I'm actually more afraid of a random encounter by a crazed fellow citizen vs. being attacked by a sworn foreign enemy. I feel unsafe to live in my own country. :(

Did you feel unsafe before this happened?

76. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2017, 09:43 BobBob

I'm actually more afraid of a random encounter by a crazed fellow citizen vs. being attacked by a sworn foreign enemy. I feel unsafe to live in my own country.

Imagine if you visited your parents in your hometown and suddenly everyone was hateful and a stranger could suddenly attack you for some unknown reason. All those warm and fuzzy childhood feelings get replaced by fear, dread, and self disgust ... and there's a hint of embarrassment that you ever felt an enduring love for your hometown.

69. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 12:00 BobBob

Beamer wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 11:32:
BobBob wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 11:18:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 20:43:
BobBob wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 19:04:
Will DNA scans ever get so advanced to test for psychopathic alleles - as part of a background check?
Did the guy exhibit any psychopathy previously? Doesn't sound like psychopathy. A psychopath wouldn't wire his GF $100K.

His father was, which is reason enough to see if it carried on genetically. Psychopaths often operate as completely normal and highly successful - if not compelling and attractive - in society until he/she is caught being manipulative or performing an heinous act.

One of a multitude of articles on the subject.

It can be a bad line of thinking, too, right? If it's genetic, then what do we do about it? It isn't a guaranteed thing.

But genetics and culture are part of why no NFL team is willing to take another shot on Manziel.

Can be included in a screening. Say a gun store wants to sell a gun. The store processes a background check with a DNA sample. It comes back saying that the buyer tests positive for such and such genetic anomaly and by selling the gun, the seller takes responsibilities and is liable for the consequences. Buyer has a right to resubmit genetic tests for independent analysis, which is then rechecked by the background processing company for errors, etc.

I could say outright ban to such buyers, but that would never happen - thinking in terms of transitioning and to avoid outright discrimination.

3320 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo