Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2883 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 15:32 BobBob

I bought tickets for my wife and I to see one of our favorites. Exciting!  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 12:12 BobBob

Cato. Cry

Loved all of the Pink Panther movies starring Peter Sellers as Clouseau.

News Comments > Spellforce 3 Details
4. Re: Spellforce 3 Details May 25, 2016, 11:58 BobBob

I agree, Spellforce 2 was quite awesome. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced
5. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 14:58 BobBob

Digitalfiends wrote on May 20, 2016, 14:10:
Needs more clenbuterol...

That would be interesting. A "USADA DLC": play as investigator to find out who is doping.

4. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 14:36 BobBob

Digitalfiends wrote on May 20, 2016, 14:19:
BobBob wrote on May 20, 2016, 11:03:
I ride daily but I dislike the behaviors of my fellow "spandex" cyclists immensely -- like blowing through stop signs,

I don't mind fellow cyclists that slow and roll through a stop if it's safe but the guys that just fly through stop signs at full tilt give us all a bad name. The same could be said about drivers though - almost no driver ever comes to proper stop. Thankfully, most at least slow down.

BobBob wrote on May 20, 2016, 11:03:
snarling faces, racing others without a cause,
/ off topic rant

I've had people chase me down when I'm just out for a tempo ride but it doesn't bother me much - I understand the natural competitive urges us guys have - like a dog chasing a rabbit. It's just funny when the clydes do it then get dropped at the next climb.

I think I learned the hard way to be extra cautious. Got hit by a car in my teens because I was going through a stop sign. Slid off railroad tracks without a helmet in the rain, had major head stitches, still have a gash in that spot. Got hit again by a lady texting and driving ... (wasn't my fault per-say but I'm paranoid if I don't see a driver looking up). Completely took a hard dive making a sharp turn on a sandy road, scrapped up my legs badly. Lost brake control and smashed into a car. Fell completely over on my neck, flying off a jump, knocked the wind out of me too. Riding down the steep hills of SF, I had constant near misses, but that was sheer luck. I think I can probably add a few more instances of stupid cycling moments but you get the drift.

What's funny is that my nephew thinks I'm a completely boring and non-adventurous person .. if he only knew my crazy years.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 20, 2016, 14:02 BobBob

I stick to iOS because of its 'seasoned' app support and development.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 13:53 BobBob

VaranDragon wrote on May 20, 2016, 13:38:
Creston wrote on May 20, 2016, 13:21:
Is the Martian author Andy Weir going to pay for this massive new space station?

Nope, but Im pretty sure Elon Musk will. Not would, but will, eventually.

At least it's a new and creative idea, nothing like 2001: A Space Odyssey or anything like that.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2016, 13:50 BobBob

Hmm, why no mention of HGTV, Lifetime, or Hallmark?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 11:24 BobBob

Received my crossover ballot for the Democratic party. Funny how Reoublicans don't allow Indepedent voters - feels like a statement: "non-cult members excluded".

So I'm flipping a coin...

Bernie or Hillary?

Which one can beat Khrushchev?

This comment was edited on May 20, 2016, 11:40.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 11:13 BobBob

Why can't they make VR gear smaller like the full wrap around disposable sunglasses an ophthalmologist gives after eye drops?  

1. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Announced May 20, 2016, 11:03 BobBob

I ride daily but I dislike the behaviors of my fellow "spandex" cyclists immensely -- like blowing through stop signs, snarling faces, racing others without a cause, and ignoring pedestrians.

/ off topic rant

News Comments > DOOM Released
151. Re: DOOM Released May 15, 2016, 17:59 BobBob

Sepharo wrote on May 15, 2016, 17:26:
BobBob wrote on May 15, 2016, 17:16:
Overon wrote on May 15, 2016, 15:49:
So does this game have any longevity like mod support? I know about the SnapMap stuff, but that doesn't seem very robust.

Games are never made for longevity unless they are open-source .. and then the branches get so distract no community will follow.

What the balls are you talking about? He's referring to games like the Half-Life series and Quake which had active communities for decades because of their mod support.

I was referring to current generation.

149. Re: DOOM Released May 15, 2016, 17:16 BobBob

Overon wrote on May 15, 2016, 15:49:
So does this game have any longevity like mod support? I know about the SnapMap stuff, but that doesn't seem very robust.

Games are never made for longevity unless they are open-source .. and then the branches get so distract no community will follow.

44. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 14:26 BobBob

Quboid wrote on May 13, 2016, 13:46:
Darks wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:56:
BobBob wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:52:
Is TB getting better? I remember reading he was ill. Good news if he's cured / recovered / surviving.

I havent heard and was wondering that myself. Most likely he's in remission. Hope he's doing better though.

Last I heard, a few months ago, he was in a pretty bad way. His initial cancer was in remission, but it reappeared in a more aggressive form which is very likely to be terminal. I presume this is why he's doing rough videos like this Doom one, rather than many of the more laborious "WTF Is" ones. Poor blighter.

Don't know him personally, but extremely sad. Really enjoy his videos.

33. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 12:52 BobBob

Is TB getting better? I remember reading he was ill. Good news if he's cured / recovered / surviving.  

5. Re: Why Flying Is So Expensive May 12, 2016, 12:14 BobBob

Metric making so much more sense, the continued use of antiquated standard feels embarrassing.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 20:46 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 20:00:
BobBob wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:48:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:34:
BobBob wrote on May 9, 2016, 17:50:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 16:24:
I actually have a bunch of regular DVDs and Blurays I'm going to try and unload at a garage sale or two this summer but I'd like to rip them and store them on USB. Any suggestions on a good ripping program?

So you're asking advice on Blue's News on how to pirate movies?

How would I be pirating movies I own the discs. I'm legally allowed to make backups of them.

I interpreted that you plan to sell the original / physical copies. That means it would no longer be considered 'backing up'. Did I misunderstand?

Doesn't matter. I'm selling the media, not the movie. I don't own it. Never did. I do own the case and disc however and I have every right to sell it and every right to rip it before I do. It's like when I was younger and I used to have a massive record/tape collection I spent thousands of dollars on. As far as I'm concerned I've already paid for that music, not the medium. The idea that one is supposed to pay over and over again for the same product on a different medium is preposterous.

My understanding is ... You agreed to purchase a 'permission' to use it. As soon as you give or sell the media that contains the music/video/data in question you are transferring said 'permission'. You cannot split or duplicate the 'permission'. Am I wrong?

Put it in other contexts:

Scenario 1) A person purchased a DVD at a store, rips it to a computer, and returns it for a refund. Is the person required to erase the image?

Scenario 2) Person buys a game on a physical media, rips the image, and then resells the product (as used) to someone else. Both people play the game. Is one person stealing it?

Scenario 3) Person buys a book at the bookstore. Scans all the pages and returns the book for a refund (or sells it used). Is reading or storing the scanned pages violating copyright or stealing?

Scenario 4) You sold a property. You found a spare key. The new owner didn't change his/her locks yet. Do you have a right to enter the property?

P.S. Don't mind me. I was the weird nerdy kid reading Supreme Court cases in the library because I found them interesting.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2016, 21:40.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 18:48 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:34:
BobBob wrote on May 9, 2016, 17:50:
I actually have a bunch of regular DVDs and Blurays I'm going to try and unload at a garage sale or two this summer but I'd like to rip them and store them on USB. Any suggestions on a good ripping program?

How would I be pirating movies I own the discs. I'm legally allowed to make backups of them.

I interpreted that you plan to sell the original / physical copies. That means it would no longer be considered 'backing up'. Did I misunderstand?

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 17:50 BobBob

6. Re: Blu-ray suggestions? May 9, 2016, 13:27 BobBob

sauron wrote on May 9, 2016, 13:10:
Ouch, that sounds very painful. Not wanting to intrude but has your doc checked for underlying causes? Unlikely, but sometimes arthritis and linked uveitis can be part of RA, psoriatic arthritis or Sjogrens. Anyhow, hope you're alright.

Thanks for the nice words. It's Ankylosing Spondylitis. I tested positive for the HLA-B27 gene (thanks dad!). I started getting the symptoms when I was a teenager. I had to use a cane from time to time. I was taking a daily anti-inflammatory but I got tired of the constant side effects such as stomach pains and I almost had an ulcer, so for now I just try to keep mobile.

2883 Comments. 145 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo