Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 3296 (Veteran)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 17:00 BobBob

1badmf wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 16:59:
BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 16:36:
I can understand if you give up in another state - I might feel the same way - but here in California we're the political equivalent of the Star Wars Rebel Alliance.

A few examples:

https://twitter.com/JerryBrownGov
https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris
https://twitter.com/tedlieu
https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom

oooooh we're the rebels. i like that =DDDD
the real question becomes, who gets to be han. I GET TO BE HAN.

Don't have a son .. you've been warned!

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 16:36 BobBob

I can understand if you give up in another state - I might feel the same way - but here in California we're the political equivalent of the Star Wars Rebel Alliance.

A few examples:

https://twitter.com/JerryBrownGov
https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris
https://twitter.com/tedlieu
https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 16:29 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 16:21:
Bob, why are you even bothering? What do you think is actually going to happen? The GOP will finally come to their senses and impeach him? The American public will rise up and cast him down? You really don't seem to understand your own country at all.

Because .. Something I don't except a non-US citizen to understand. It's a programming that's flashed into our brain's ROM BIOS during early childhood.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 13:46 BobBob

I also noticed a lot of this going on.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 13:45 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 13:38:
BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 12:48:
The question is can the president constitutionally be obstructive? He's the top dog and according to experts he can initiate, stop, or block any investigation -- even Comey said that. Does it disrupt the function of our democracy? That's what Congress must decide.
Oh, they can -- but the GOP controlled House won't. As I have said previously, barring a legally created recording of Trump admitting to a criminal offense, he will not be impeached.

Watch McCain's questioning, at minimum. And, you'll be like, "What the ..." Reminded me of when one of my grandparents who started to develop Alzheimer's disease.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2017, 15:27.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 12:48 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 12:33:
BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 11:38:
He goes into more detail as to his motivations, attitude, and fears.
Possibly interesting, but ultimately unimportant. Barring a surprising revelation from Comey or another source I'm not expecting much to happen. Trump is probably guilty of obstruction of justice, but not so blatantly that he'll get impeached by the GOP controlled House.

The question is can the president constitutionally be obstructive? He's the top dog and according to experts he can initiate, stop, or block any investigation -- even Comey said that. Does it disrupt the function of our democracy? That's what Congress must decide.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 11:38 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 11:31:
BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 11:19:
I suggest watching it in real-time, if you have a chance. Otherwise, you'll get mostly interpretations. His body language and facial expression says a lot.
You're assuming he's going to say something we don't already know. The only thing he could say which we don't already know, or could infer, are things he won't say because it will compromise the ongoing investigations.

He goes into more detail as to his motivations, attitude, and fears.

I find it fascinating to watch some reps ask succinct and thoughtful questions while others are vague and disorganized.

His posture looks defensive and uptight when Rs ask questions and relaxed when Ds ask questions.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 11:19 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 11:04:
I'm not working, and not watching. I'll wait for the summaries afterwards...

I suggest watching it in real-time, if you have a chance. Otherwise, you'll get mostly interpretations. His body language and facial expression says a lot.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 10:51 BobBob

Who is working and not watching the testimony?  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 01:26 BobBob

Kxmode wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 22:57:
So glad to see Gunnar gets to hang out with a real-life, authentic Jedi!

In other news, I'm on day three of post-surgery and feeling better. The narcotics help, but I'm still sore.

Please don't become addicted to the painkillers.

18. Re: Statement for the Record: Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Jun 7, 2017, 19:55 BobBob

"That thing" Anxious  

17. Re: Statement for the Record: Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Jun 7, 2017, 19:50 BobBob

Dacote wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 19:40:
An intelligent person keeping track of an idiot.
This is priceless.
Opera versus tRump

Popcorn

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 19:07 BobBob

Wow so I'm looking to invest in a second property and I call a seller's realtor to check out a property I'm interested in .. one of his first questions was how old are you .. WTF? I get that in person a lot ... people don't believe my age, I often get told I look 10 to 15 years younger than I am. It's so annoying. /rant  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 14:27 BobBob

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 12:16:
BobBob wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 11:42:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 11:31:
While we are on the subject of doggie poop bags. I think a more environmentally damaging piece of plastic has yet to be invented. I only use them during the day when there are a lot of neighbors around. Or if my small mixed breed terrier/pinch mix takes a dump on the sidewalk, instead of the grass as she usually does. (It almost never happens).

I bet like 30% of plastic that ends up in the oceans are used doggie poop bags. If you eat fish, you might be ingesting microscopic pieces of poop bags.

Interesting point. They should make the bags out of paper, like lunch bags.

Paper is made out of trees. Or recycled paper. It's better than plastic but what's really needed is some common sense. Dogshit never hurt nobody. Yeah, it's a nuisance if you step in it, but it's pretty much gone after some rainfall. It's also completely biodegradable.

And it has such a yummy and tasty smell.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 11:42 BobBob

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 11:31:
While we are on the subject of doggie poop bags. I think a more environmentally damaging piece of plastic has yet to be invented. I only use them during the day when there are a lot of neighbors around. Or if my small mixed breed terrier/pinch mix takes a dump on the sidewalk, instead of the grass as she usually does. (It almost never happens).

I bet like 30% of plastic that ends up in the oceans are used doggie poop bags. If you eat fish, you might be ingesting microscopic pieces of poop bags.

Interesting point. They should make the bags out of paper, like lunch bags.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 18:13 BobBob

Who cares about foreign authoritarianism when . . .  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 16:42 BobBob

I like the developer. Their Neon Chrome game tickles my Tron-Syndicate-Whatever fancy. I'll get this one too if it's anything like it. Thumbsup  

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 16:40 BobBob

Didn't realize news already posted about that game. Sorry. Doh.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 14:59 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2017, 14:26:
BobBob wrote on May 30, 2017, 13:35:
Please vote yes on Steam Greenlight. It's being created by the same great developer of Crimsonland and Neon Chrome.

No, simply because of the idiotic title. If you can't use Judge as a title for legal reasons than find something else, but an actual word that's easy to pronounce and remember. If they can't even get a lesson from marketing 101 right it doesn't bode well for the game.

Eh?

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
30. Re: New Intel CPU Announcements May 30, 2017, 14:49 BobBob

eRe4s3r wrote on May 30, 2017, 14:18:
BobBob wrote on May 30, 2017, 13:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 30, 2017, 12:04:
BobBob wrote on May 30, 2017, 11:43:
Wake me up when they start to mass-produce quantum processors. Dozey

Quantum computing has so many downsides that you should probably stay asleep even if they are mass produced. I mean, that's not even talking about the whole driver issue, interoperability issue with EVERYTHING including basic concepts like network stacks and encryption, and that Windows will not ever support quantum computing unless it has 50% market share in desktop (good luck with that ;P)

In Reality, you would still need 2 CPU variations in your system, quantum chip, and x86, unless you wanted to lose access to 99.99% of all software ever made. Including API's and stuff, like even decoding MP3 or JPG would be non-trivial to implement on quantum based compute units.

I mean, I want sci-fi to happen just as much as any other geek, but I think Quantum CPU's are -1- direction, not necessarily the direction we actually wanna be going for desktop/gaming

Interesting point of view, but only has one problem. Your brain (which arguably relies on quantum processes, organically) is compatible with those mentioned above, and if it's proven that human consciousness is a result of quantum field processes, well, basically, the AI based on said quantum processing should be able to interact and control the primitive conventional processes we have today - if for some reason there was ever a need.

Put it this way. Close your eyes and imagine running a computer and all the interactions of said computer, and imagine the outcome. Now you explain that result.

Now imagine if your brain was directly connected to whatever it needed to control to give provide the imagination a functional and productive result - be it external calculations, robotics, holographic imaging systems, controlling machinery, nanoscale 3D printers, etc.

That would the same for the future quantum computer.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20161102-quantum-neuroscience/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm

To wonder how a quantum computer will interface with a classical computer, would be like wondering how an automobile is going to assist the horse when it pulls the buggy. Or if someone mentions it can also fly - meaning an airplane - wondering how they are going to put wings on the horse.

Ok that is an really interesting and though provoking perspective I hadn't considered yet... how close you think we are to that, though?

It'll be a way off until the computer will program itself and reproduce, so to speak. I believe it'll be organically based, but with some kind of holographic cubic-memory system -- its own cyborg system. Scientists will artificially evolve a brain and the first series will be instructed to construct higher levels of themselves and so on.

I think you'll see it first in autonomous cars, and that learning system will be crossed over into other nodes and eventually a networked knowledge base, utilizing something like the Watson computer that IBM has -- not Skynet exactly -- but it'll replicate its abilities at some point via quantum processors.

It'll design its own successor, which will create a chain-reaction of ever-increasing qubits as each new processor will be purposed to design a superior offspring. And, eventually the 'singularity'.

Any interface with the classical computer system, organic beings, or the universe in general will add to its knowledge-base and allow it to develop neural pathways that will need to be replicated via successive generations.

But I don't think it'll be like how we connect our current IO devices or peripherals via OSI layer, I think it'll be necessary to make it learn how to operate them like a human and develop its own interfaces to completely control something and replace that functionality over-time, otherwise it will get locked into a sort of "confirmation bias" and simply not explore more efficient methods.

Here's a decent article that predicts much of what will lead to that point:

1, 2, 6, 8, 11, 12, and 13:

https://medium.com/cyber-tales/13-forecasts-on-artificial-intelligence-82761b7a0f6d

Interesting, I just searched and found that article after I wrote everything above, but I was looking for something to support my arguments.

3296 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo