Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 956 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched Mar 17, 2017, 16:23 Rhett

Isn't BANDAI NAMCO the one with the stigma? *cough*  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
5. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 16:22 Rhett

It's just.. where's an expansion? D4? Necromancer comes out later this year, probably for like $20 I'm guessing, but that seems maybe barely enough to keep it afloat in terms of interest. Hopefully that's the plan, as they delay the announcement of D4? *shrug*  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
31. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 21:43 Rhett

Played a few hours of the SP... writing seems okay (I'm not a story guy - playing it for the exploration/combat/etc), that one 50-cent-whore looking woman with all the makeup is the only cringey person I've seen yet, rest of the characters and dialogue are pretty cool. Drack and Vetra are awesome.

Loving the exploration and open world elements (Eos). Once I got there, the game started to shine gameplay-wise. Regardless of the story (I know, I know.. Mass Effect etc etc), it's beautiful, snappy, and fun to play. I can't wait to sit down without a 10 hour trial lingering over me and soak it in.

18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:10 Rhett

ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:57:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

Honestly haven't put much time into the SP, but I did the intro/pathfinder bit, and all the conversations and close-ups looked fine to me anyway. This video does point out some obvious flaws. I'm just saying that all of the animation can't be perfect. I believe it has as much dialogue as the last 3 games combined? (IIRC)

I'm getting it, anyway... the faces aren't gonna break the game for me.

11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 13:54 Rhett

I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Combat in the game is insane, and it's beautiful. The MP has lots of issues though. I wonder if it's the lack of day one patch?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video Mar 15, 2017, 01:16 Rhett

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 20:34:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 20:27:
And here is our dull multiplayer mode that requires you to grind forever OR puchase all the shit instantly with your credit card and bioware points.

ME3 didn't require you to grind forever. Every few matches on Silver got you plenty of credits for 2 good chests, which usually gave you good equipment. A gold match gave you enough credits for a chest with 40% extra cash to spare.

ME3's mp was fun. I'm glad it's back. For those who don't want to play mp, don't worry about it. Focus on the SP which Kotaku calls overwhelmingly huge. (and they said without the filler of DA:I )

The only thing I'm worried about is that they're sharing all the xp/medals etc. between everyone. That may seem like a good thing on the face of it, but it's just going to lead to tons of people joining a match and then not playing. It's worse than the old system where people whined about kill-stealing.

It shared in ME3, too... Everyone got pretty much the same XP. The better people did, the more medals were earned that added to the total. Credits were the same for everyone too.

I do recall "AFKers" a while back but that should be dealt with pretty quickly. Or I think there was a system in ME3 for it.

The main draw is the huuuuge variety. Guns, mods, characters, character builds... So much fun. And this one launches with, I think, more characters. ME3 was pretty clunky combat/movement-wise, and I hated feeling like I had to micromanage my squad to play harder difficulties. Looking forward to the new movement and combat for sure. Gonna play all 10 hours of the early access in MP...

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Demo
11. Re: Halo Wars 2 Demo Mar 13, 2017, 17:45 Rhett

1badmf wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 17:17:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 15:17:
Dman20 wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:31:
So got the Xbox/PC Version.

It runs good on the PC but damn... controls are really messed up. Like if you want to get back to the menu when ingame... hit F10.

Maybe it's just because of how long I've been gaming, but hitting F10 to bring up a menu while in-game has been pretty common for a long time now. Escape is the current standard but F10 isn't unknown or uncommon by any stretch of the imagination.

not uncommon? the only other game i've played that uses f10 for menu is starcraft. in fact i'm pretty sure they just cut and pasted starcraft's keyboard commands.

All of Relic's (Company of Heroes/Dawn of War) games use F10 as well for menus. Seems to be an RTS thing?

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Demo
7. Re: Halo Wars 2 Demo Mar 13, 2017, 15:01 Rhett

Got Gears 4 from that place... never, ever again. Pain in the ass to uninstall it even (GOW 4).

Not sure what I was expecting, though, after owning a 360 and giving up on them for how poorly they treat customers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2017, 15:37 Rhett

Then it's all a conspiracy to take over the steam charts!

Edit: Game is heavily region locked, wonder if that's why there's multiples? One for EU, one for Asia, one for NA

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2017, 13:56 Rhett

Damn, soon enough we'll have 10 editions of one game to preorder and it'll take over the whole list...  

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
3. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 14:28 Rhett

Looks like Overwatch Chivalry.. but also boring...  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution: Beyond the Walls Released
3. Re: Homefront: The Revolution: Beyond the Walls Released Mar 8, 2017, 22:08 Rhett

Possibly? I tried it and refunded it last sale... (only played the coop) .. it felt very bland and uninspired.

Didn't try the SP though, which is supposedly Far Cry-ish, in an urban environment.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 8, 2017, 20:58 Rhett

Not only that, but PC can mod their dicks bigger! Take that, console scum!  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gameplay Video
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gameplay Video Mar 8, 2017, 13:39 Rhett

Looks really awesome. I like the improved RPG elements/loot, the army building, etc. Will be cool to have your own unique allies and see them betray/save you, sorta bond with them kinda like XCOM soldiers, haha.

I liked how open the fortress seemed too. Seemed like a handful of ways to go about things.

News Comments > Dawn of War III in April
3. Re: Dawn of War III in April Mar 6, 2017, 14:55 Rhett

Whoa, so soon! Curious how it plays out, but definitely not getting on release. Looks... weird? Off? Something about the art style. Looks like fantasy, but it's supposed to be gruesome, bloody, and gritty. Looks too soft.

I hope it ends up being good though. A little shitty how they monetized and kept experimenting with CoH 2, so I'm a little scared.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Delayed
2. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Delayed Mar 6, 2017, 14:34 Rhett

That last beta they had was awful... The trailer looked cool, but it was just so wonky.

Throw stone -> Guard investigates -> Guard gives "All Clear" signal and teleports back to his post.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 5, 2017, 12:44 Rhett

Indeed... what in the hell. Should we be surprised though, with everything else going on?  

News Comments > New Overwatch Hero Revealed
3. Re: New Overwatch Hero Revealed Mar 2, 2017, 18:03 Rhett

Thank goodness for alternate skins.. eugh...  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video
12. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 16:21 Rhett

I don't know about the dialogue, but a dev responded that this mission introduces new mechanics that were up until then unknown, which is why it looks so silly.

Also the demoer is shit, and he replied on Reddit confirming such. (like using Incinerate on shields)

There will obviously be much more comparable gameplay by the 16th when the trial starts.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
1. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Feb 27, 2017, 21:44 Rhett

Feels like deja vu...  

956 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo