Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1044 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 12:54 Rhett

I enjoyed that planet. That was part of what got me to buy ME:A back when it first came out in the original trial. It's pretty, open, and helps to pick up the combat system.

Game's worth a play if only for the gameplay, if you enjoy third person shooters. MP is still being patched/added to regularly as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 15:54 Rhett

At least they're both honest about it, AND extremely communicative + productive. Other games would be like "I'ma just delay our release by a year or three, kay?". Not an "EA extension".  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
8. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 11:46 Rhett

Not worth it until we see some major changes. They've been shitting on players' dinos with nerfs for months (so I hear), and back-end admin support for private servers is hobbled together.  

News Comments > Evil Genius 2 Announced
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 11:03 Rhett

I feel like so much time passed that it might not capture the spirit of it?  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
11. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jun 30, 2017, 13:47 Rhett

I wonder if Battle.Net (the old one) makes any kind of a comeback? I know LAN is supposedly supported. Or I remember hearing about it anyway...

*shrug* Would probably be cool to play through the campaigns at least, assuming everything's been touched up.

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update
12. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 18:01 Rhett

Yeah, it's not for everyone. It takes a lot of time to get into. Think EVE, but the difficulty spike isn't nearly as extreme. It's just there's still spreadsheets worth of information to read lol. Have to check the wiki repeatedly every time I play, even.

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update
9. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 15:16 Rhett

It's definitely not easy to get into unless you have a friend with you to either help figure things out, or to hold your hand. I've been there. Probably close to 2k hours in the game. Recently came back because another friend wanted to get into the PC version after sinking a similar amount of hours into the PS4 version.

Still very fair F2P game. Soooo many guns and frames (characters) to use. But yeah, there are a LOT of confusing mechanics. And it only gets worse the higher level you get, haha.

But it's also by far the only F2P I've ever put any money into (even if it's only ~$20 total), and I can buy whatever I want just from trading. Not too hard to get into that either, there's always something new that people want to buy but not farm.

A lot of the stuff that used to be a pain in the ass to farm/grind (like Kubrow eggs - basically space dog pets that you can use in combat) are much more common, as well as most materials for crafting.

This is the kind of game you get into if you like Diablo-esque grinding, farming, leveling, and unlocking or acquiring that awesome-sounding new piece of gear. If you don't get excited building up to some awesome-sounding shotgun-cannon or acid-spewing weapon, then you may not like it.

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
1. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 27, 2017, 19:45 Rhett

Pretty cool class. Shoulda been in from the start, but it has a lot of interesting mechanics going on. Maybe too many?  

News Comments > Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement
3. Re: Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement Jun 23, 2017, 19:49 Rhett

I haven't looked into this all very much, but OpenIV is a program for extracting and injecting mods into the game's files. Pretty much every mod uses it to some extent. So I'm not really sure.. Kinda confusing, since that tool is what allows modding in the first place for the most part.  

News Comments > Project Argo Prototype
1. Re: Project Argo Prototype Jun 17, 2017, 14:20 Rhett

This has actually been available for months now. Maybe it was in beta before?

It's okay, just a slightly more steamlined version of ARMA 3 in a deathmatch sort of setting (with objectives). Same performance issues, even with only like 16 players. Somehow... (and I LOVE ARMA 3)

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jun 15, 2017, 19:28 Rhett

So that's where this game went. 2018 eh?  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches Jun 15, 2017, 08:54 Rhett

Dawn of War 3 isn't doing well either. Maybe we can get a 2-for-1 Exterminatus deal.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Free Trial
2. Re: Gears of War 4 Free Trial Jun 10, 2017, 01:50 Rhett

Yep... it's pretty horrible in that regard.

Good game/port though. Except the shitty microtransaction BS.

News Comments > Fortnite Early Access Next Month
6. Re: Fortnite Early Access Next Month Jun 9, 2017, 06:54 Rhett

Unless things changed DRASTICALLY, which I do hope, in the last few months... This game won't last long. Can't say much due to NDA, but it's been quite underwhelming all along development, as if they just didn't know how to make it "fun". Like fifty different systems all crammed on top of each other, fighting for your attention.

It's also been in alpha since December 2014, and they've been struggling the whole time.

Certainly a neat concept, but this is actually worrisome that they're pushing it out now.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2017, 15:08 Rhett

Blah. One of like 3 shows that I (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re)watch on Netflix.

News Comments > Fable Fortune Announced
3. Re: Fable Fortune Announced Jun 7, 2017, 12:16 Rhett

Yeah... what the hell is with all these games lately? First TES now this. All I can figure is they want on the microtransaction train.  

News Comments > Battleborn F2P/Free Trial
3. Re: Battleborn F2P/Free Trial Jun 6, 2017, 16:27 Rhett

This took way too long to be F2P...

I loved it when it came out but now it just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I can't stand playing most FPS mobas anymore.

The co-op, characters, and items are fun if you have access to that stuff though.

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
15. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 6, 2017, 09:27 Rhett

They did say they were willing to put in whatever classes people wanted afterwards. Hoping for Druid and Assassin. Sounds like Druid is next on their list, potentially.

Haven't gotten into D3 much (since vanilla and the expansion), and thought seasons pointless, until recently... I'm sorta hooked...

Also playing HOTS and Starcraft 2 mainly, lately. All 3 blizz games. Very unlike me, lol.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Turning Two
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 26, 2017, 03:46 Rhett

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 26, 2017, 01:06:
I played this quite a bit for a few months over a year ago. I'm kind of afraid to go back to it now, because with all the changes, I'll probably be a complete noob again. Hell, even if there hadn't been changes, I've forgotten enough by now to be completely useless most likely.

Doesn't matter, great community.

Play vs AI. I only play vs AI, in all my 200+ levels. Lots of fun, lots to learn.

News Comments > Keystone Announced
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 13:51 Rhett

I really love Warframe/DE, but yeah, I dunno how this one will do. I've played Paragon, and the "deck building shooter" thing, at least in Paragon, feels like garbage. It's boring as fuck, extremely slow power creep, and dull-as-dishwater actual gameplay because everyone's so weak without tons of cards.  

1044 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo