Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 756 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division DLC Next Month
6. Re: The Division DLC Next Month Mar 31, 2016, 23:03 Rhett

Retired wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 21:50:
I don't have this game, not going to pretend to know shit about shit - but this screams of nickel and dime DLC......level 40 = 10$, level 50 = 10$, etc etc etc.

I may grab it when it is bargain bin......just can't do it.

There is no "level 40" DLC. It's just that they are adding a thing like Destiny to scale your level base off gear, without skewing other stats from leveling.

Also, this DLC is FREE, I should add. It's more like a bigass content patch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Week and Free Content
3. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Week and Free Content Mar 25, 2016, 15:38 Rhett

Not even for free! The game itself, I never understood. Cop shooting horde mode. Bleh. Tried it twice, just not good.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 18:42 Rhett

I just wanted to post my favorite Oblivion clip here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KU5fXUx4N4

I hope things get better.

Goodbye.

News Comments > F2P ARK Multiplayer Spin-off
1. Re: F2P ARK Multiplayer Spin-off Mar 15, 2016, 23:41 Rhett

Wow, commentators are annoying as fuck.

Also, ARK is okay. Buggy as hell.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
27. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 9, 2016, 00:57 Rhett

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 00:37:
How does the end game work? Does it have raiding? Do you have to do the Dark Zone to get the best gear? If no raiding and Dark Zone isn't what I want to do...how else would I get the best gear in the game?

Would I even want the best gear in the game if there is no raiding and I'm not into the Dark Zone? I just cant put together what the end game is for PvE.

I love gear treadmills but I'm not sure how that works in this one...for PvE.

Challenge mode on missions (3rd, hardest difficulty), which is rotated so often. Also, "Incursions" whatever those are, are coming (considered "end game" by the devs).

Challenge mode gives a guaranteed yellow reward so I'm guessing it must be pretty damn hard.

News Comments > The Culling Early Access
4. Re: The Culling Early Access Mar 6, 2016, 19:06 Rhett

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 17:11:
Looks like an attempt to harness the popularity of H1Z1's battle royale mode.

To be fair, ARMA 3 did it first (Battle Royale), which was based on all kinds of other shit... but it is a fun mode. It's like DayZ but sped up. But I think The Division PVP feels like that too.

News Comments > The Culling Early Access
2. Re: The Culling Early Access Mar 6, 2016, 16:33 Rhett

Played for 6 hours last night with a friend. Pretty crazy. Quick, instant action on a similar level of Rust. Very few guns (totally random).

FFA and 2v2v2v2v2~ (16 players, 8 teams of 2) available. Can only really play with one friend at a time. Only ran into one cheater, but I don't doubt there will be more.

News Comments > The Division Launch Day Plans
3. Re: The Division Launch Day Plans Mar 2, 2016, 22:03 Rhett

Well I'm looking forward to it. The two PC betas were spectacular, very much unlike Ubisoft. I was really hoping for an early VPN unlock, but oh well.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
10. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 18:14 Rhett

Despite the preordering stigma, I got The Division because I intend to play it on release. The beta was Ubisoft's very last shot at redemption after fucking up Siege so badly (apparently this isn't a common opinion, but they handled it VERY poorly, many bugs lasted from alpha to release), and they shot it out of the park. Can't wait! Only game me and my group are excited for, recently. Every time we played and the beta ended, it was like being addicted to crack.  

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
13. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 22, 2016, 23:00 Rhett

Well for one, it's practically Destiny on PC. Very much like Destiny. For two, there are far too few third person shooters out there, much less on PC. And 3, it's got that carrot on a stick that is the Diablo/Borderlands-esque loot system. I think the game will be VERY crazy in the higher levels with the top tier loot, 12 abilities (each with 3 different perks), a set of talents that I haven't even seen, and some kind of signature ability, too.

The PVP can be so intense, too. It's sorta like a streamlined DayZ experience, kinda.

News Comments > The Division Beta Claims Record
3. Re: The Division Beta Claims Record Feb 22, 2016, 21:38 Rhett

Was honestly a really good beta. There was lag, but it wasn't gameplay-destroying. I didn't see a single cheater (played a good 20 hours this beta). A lot of the grievances from the past beta were addressed within two weeks.

I want this game.

News Comments > The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards
3. Re: The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards Feb 17, 2016, 12:20 Rhett

Hmmm.. good point. I was gonna get it through GMG, but these usually end up a bit cheaper.

Also, open beta starts Friday. Anyone can preload as of today though.

News Comments > EVE Online Adds Skillpoint Trading
2. Re: EVE Online Adds Skillpoint Trading Feb 11, 2016, 04:20 Rhett

Yeah, this is really cool. I don't play anymore, but I can tell it's gonna be super popular.  

News Comments > The Division Open Beta Next Week
4. Re: The Division Open Beta Next Week Feb 9, 2016, 16:35 Rhett

I'll probably play the open beta (LOVED the closed beta) but if there's even a hint of hacks still working, I won't be PVPing... ugh. Friend went and bought one just to see how bad it was, and it is REALLY bad. Hopefully there's some anticheat here or this beta is DOA. Nevermind the IP thing.  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Released
2. Re: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Released Feb 9, 2016, 10:47 Rhett

Yep! Should be fun! They pushed it back, added it to the season pass for a time (without it having been announced as a part of it) and generally seem to care about the quality of it, so I have high hopes.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
5. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 15:13 Rhett

Doma wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 14:02:
That is a ton of XCOM 2, but damn its sure is good.

The game is fantastic but also pretty brutal at times. Its very tightly tuned and you can fuck up the campaign easy I think.

Still, its freaking great.

Definitely easy to fuck it up. Also, the turn timers are unforgiving. Very unforgiving. You will "fail" missions if you don't blitz the damn thing, and even then you will probably lose someone.

Thankfully there's already a mod that boosts the turn timers for each mission, but it adds 4 turns where I think just two would be OK. Or it would be nice if it didn't count concealment turns, but it does (and there's a mod that does that too).

Game is pretty brutal though. Legitimately stressful early on, if you started on a higher difficulty. Tons of replay value. I'm like 15 hours in and still haven't bothered with Psi Operatives, primarily because of major budget issues. I have top tier armor (AFAIK) and half of the plasma weapons, and still struggling at times. I had the Avatar project down to ONE DAY (AKA you lose the game) before I was able to get to a facility to stop it. Intense.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
25. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 18:56 Rhett

Been playing it since yesterday afternoon. Playing on Commander (Classic), and it feels a lot more fair than EU. It makes up for the "fairness" with more enemies, I think. I'm often going up against 2-3-4 pods at once, without even moving up. God damn.

It is really fun though. I love it. So many more choices.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Next Week
4. Re: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Next Week Feb 2, 2016, 08:43 Rhett

That's XCOM, baby.

Gotta go with the flow and deal with the cards you're dealt. That's what makes it fun!

This + XCOM 2 is gonna fill up Feb for me!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 1, 2016, 15:58 Rhett

Rigs wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 13:28:
How about improving performance on low-mid range PC's?! I would love to get into this game but currently, on my Core i5-750 (1st Gen) /2.66ghz, 6gb 1333/DDR3 of RAM and HD7850/1gb, it runs like a slideshow on anything but the lowest of the low settings. I KNOW my system can handle this thing on better graphics settings, it doesn't have to look like the first Novalogic Delta Force in order to be playable...

=-Rigs-=

I had the same video card, but got a GTX 970... game went from horrific and barely playable, to a gorgeous, smooth, beautiful game. I loved my 7850, but I'd highly recommend looking into a new card.

Though, as an ARK admin (sorta player, but I spend a lot of time in ARK), I will say that the game needs a LOT of work. They break something 1:1 with everything they "fix".

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
13. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 14:14 Rhett

Yep.. it got pretty rampant from what I heard. Luckily I played so much of it that I'm actually totally satiated until it comes out. Assuming they can prove that they have competent anticheat. Siege was already a ruse that I'd still be pissed about, if I had paid full price (thankfully it was free).

Or maybe enough people will do it so rampantly that it smacks them in the fact. GTA 5 is STILL filled with cheaters, even.

756 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo