Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 797 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend
10. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 29, 2016, 00:59 Rhett

Acleacius wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 00:13:
Thanks for the detailed reply, Rhett!

Just knowing there are Pve servers is good enough news for me to be interested. Yours isn't the first post I've read about performance problems. At the moment I'm on an average machine so it'd probably be a pretty hard hit. I'm still interested with the possible good Pve servers. I don't care if the whole damn server is in a gankfest as long as I'm able to opt out.

I'm defiantly used to playing hard core games like EQ and Vanguard, where Training Mob Hords is considered an art form by some deviant trolls. I'm sure I'll die many times, just trying to get used to the gameplay. I just prefer dying as a learning experince, not because some kid can't get laid and needs to take it out in pvp. Jester

The biggest thing is GPU I noticed. If you had a moderately modern GPU, it should be fine! Nvidia also seems to help.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 28, 2016, 23:27 Rhett

Acleacius wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 23:08:
So is this pvp or pve? I see Coop on the site, but you can never tell these days, the way some developers lie. I can deal with public pve servers, which require agreement to duel. But I'm sure they hell not interested in a gankfest.

There's PVE servers, but the majority are PVP. There are official servers, which are vastly unregulated and poorly maintained with low "rates" (slow gathering materials and taming dinosaurs), and there are unofficial, private servers that can be either amazing or horrible depending on who runs them.

PVE means nobody can attack you or harass you, though there are still minor ways to screw with people. You can, however, declare a mutual war on someone. They have to agree. Then your two "tribes" (basically in-game clans) can freely attack each other.

PVP, depending on the server and its rules, can range from completely unregulated shit-shows, to organized, gentlemanly and mature scenarios where people are generally very reasonable. Unofficial servers also can have mods that protect your base while you're offline. Our server is both mature and has one of those mods.

There are also a wealth of workshop mods that servers can incorporate, that change the game considerably.

Lastly, you can also play single player or host local servers. The performance will be much worse though, as wild dinosaurs "activate" when you're near them and it is quite draining on the CPU and RAM, on top of an already power-hungry game.

4. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 28, 2016, 21:05 Rhett

I'd say definitely worth it for $15 too. Cheapest I've seen it. I've helped run a server for the past year now, as well. So many bugs, but still fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ARKFreehotdogs

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Details
2. Re: Diablo III Patch Details Jul 27, 2016, 14:23 Rhett

Well, it's still a considerable amount of fun. And there's Grim Dawn and PoE for those who want to go hardcore into stats and min maxing...

It really needs an expansion or a sequel, though.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Video
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Video Jul 26, 2016, 23:41 Rhett

Glad to see someone isn't trashing on WD1 here... I enjoyed it, too. Just needed proper co-op out of the gate (never tried the DLC), though I need to reinstall it...  

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
3. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 26, 2016, 20:05 Rhett

Meanwhile I was completely content with Ana before.. now she feels like a monster.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Rewards
3. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Rewards Jul 20, 2016, 20:53 Rhett

They need to add something worth doing... New content. New expansion. New characters. People are complaining there's less and less to look forward to every season.

I still want my god damn necromancer!

News Comments > Overwatch Adds New Character
18. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 20, 2016, 06:17 Rhett

Been playing Ana as my new main, and I love it. I cringe at all the new Anas just sitting back and sniping, and not healing, though. There are a LOT.

Played one brawl where there were 3 Anas on the other team, all sniping (damage + ults for the most part) ... it cost them the game, to say the least.

News Comments > Dead Rising to Rise on PCs
7. Re: Dead Rising to Rise on PCs Jul 19, 2016, 14:28 Rhett

Because Dead Rising 2 and 3 went over so well on PC...  

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
3. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 7, 2016, 00:16 Rhett

A polished turd.. so on..  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 2, 2016, 20:59 Rhett

One of those fads that ended up kicking people in the junk in the end.. heh.  

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow
10. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 28, 2016, 02:55 Rhett

It's a really good idea, and a really good game below it, but the devs are focusing on the wrong things and are only adding more issues lately.

The grind is also not very fun. A lot of people are using the SAME guns. Vectors everywhere.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 19, 2016, 18:57 Rhett

I'm surprised ActionTrip is still around... always felt kinda sleazy with that gimmicky "girl of the day" business.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
13. Re: Pirate LOSERS Mod Theft Jun 19, 2016, 14:40 Rhett

I find it kind of hilarious people are going so far as to be "pirates" for consoles, "stealing" content from PC... These people are so stupid.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: Saturday Patches Jun 18, 2016, 18:17 Rhett

Eh.. in fairness, this last patch revitalizes the game. The only problem I've ever had with it is performance, and that is now moot.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
46. Re: Yeah but, think of the dollars Jun 17, 2016, 17:36 Rhett

Still waiting for it, but will they do it? Feels like they've pulled a Rockstar and kinda dangled the carrot out there since release.

I had so much fun with the game on release though. Especially after The Division failed long-term to capture the same magic.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 15, 2016, 21:41 Rhett

I hope they bring back ME3 multiplayer too. That was so fun.  

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
5. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 14, 2016, 21:38 Rhett

I don't see the problem here... You can buy similar stuff for Overwatch, no? Taunts and skins?

Bank space isn't necessary, you can already get a lot with just ingame money.

There are no in-game loot items being bought or anything. XP doesn't affect gameplay for anyone but yourself.

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March
6. Re: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March Jun 14, 2016, 00:43 Rhett

Looks like a good mix of Mercenaries, Future Soldier and The Division IMO. Just needs obvious polish (according to the 9 minute gameplay video). But, it has 9 months, so I'm excited to see how it turns out! It looks different enough from the other Ubisoft crap that it could be great.  

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Details
1. Re: Overwatch Launch Details May 23, 2016, 16:19 Rhett

Woot, Total War: Warhammer!  

797 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo