Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On July 25, 2009
Supporter -
Total Comments 1475 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch

35. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 11:35 Rhett

Zord wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 08:53:

Hm, BL3 makes (great) use of Epic's Unreal Engine, as do many other games. If it ever does release on Steam, will still launch through the EGS launcher.

As far as I'm hearing, you don't even need or want EGS running while playing the game currently, or with any other game? Maybe Fortnite and Dauntless, but otherwise I've seen a few reports of people who, for example, refunded different games (BL3 included) and were still able to play without EGS. Or, closing EGS and the game running even better, oddly enough.

I highly doubt it'd use EGS in addition, as it's not made by Epic. UPlay is the only real launcher I can recall that does the double-launcher garbage, but it's tolerable. They do make their own games though...

Are you having any UI issues on PC?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch

29. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 08:01 Rhett

It does look on the decent side, assuming DRM and performance issues are either mistaken or easily fixed.

I would love to play it, but fuck everything about Epic.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

9. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 13:20 Rhett

Saw mention of the game using a ridiculous amount of consistent bandwidth while open (around 2mb/s uploading), anyone confirm that got it?  

News Comments > DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT in January

3. Re: DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT in January Sep 12, 2019, 19:05 Rhett

It looks phenomenal!

I found this awesome trailer playing scenes side by side from the TV show to scenes that we've caught from a trailer, but it looks like they're trying to resemble the show in a lot of ways.

News Comments > Gears 5 Released

7. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 17:48 Rhett

Great game, extremely polished. I've personally had very few issues outside of server issues, which have been pretty much taken care of. Beautiful, runs amazingly well, has an excellent benchmark built in.

Only thing that sucks is there's not many skins or characters atm, not sure why they held so much back.

Best $2 I've spent in years!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint What is Breakpoint? Trailer

5. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint What is Breakpoint? Trailer Sep 7, 2019, 05:26 Rhett

Yeah, this was a very disappointing test. They usually use this as their flagship "please buy this after trying it!" demo phase, for every game they do this with. Especially The Division, but they did this for Wildlands too, I believe.

This beta is in poor shape, lots of bugs and issues that weren't as big of a problem previously. I'm disappointed, as I was really looking forward to it after the last tech test. :/

News Comments > Gears 5 and More Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC This Month

2. Re: Gears 5 and More Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC This Month Sep 4, 2019, 15:40 Rhett

Just the fact you can play Gears 5 for one or two dollars, for a month, is pretty awesome. Nevermind the other good stuff.

Now if only the app and the store weren't complete garbage, competing for worst storefront with EGS.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC

19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 15:33 Rhett

I'm just not sure why anyone's worried. It's everyone's favorite customer-centric developer. There is no big bad EA or Activision behind them. They will do it right, whatever they do.  

News Comments > Uplay+ Launches

2. Re: Uplay+ Launches Sep 4, 2019, 09:29 Rhett

Indeed, but for "free" (with CC info, but can cancel) it's worth an AC:O playthrough at least. Some good stuff.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update

8. Re: Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update Sep 3, 2019, 22:22 Rhett

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 3, 2019, 18:12:
Can anyone explain how this game works? I could watch some video but I'd love to hear someones experiences on it.

Right now I'm playing Kenshi and loving it.. this seems like it could be weirdly similar in some ways?

If you've played ARK, it's very similar to ARK. But more polished, and cooler features (like climbing up/on just about anything... scaling cliffs, or jumping off and latching onto them, is just badass.)

Even PVE only, it's quite a bit of fun. But content isn't scaled for solo, should have a small group of people. Not that it isn't possible, I guess.

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: WoW level 60 Sep 2, 2019, 19:56 Rhett

Yeah, I remember the grind all too well. I couldn't be bothered to get back into that, as much as I would love to see MC, BWL and AQ again. The community sounds wonderful, though.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes

6. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Aug 31, 2019, 16:20 Rhett

They're gonna need a new ball soon if they keep dropping the one they have. =P  

News Comments > Pagan Online Released

4. Re: Pagan Online Released Aug 28, 2019, 18:30 Rhett

Yeah, it felt pretty okay but there's a lot of systems that just feel really unrewarding. Like loot. Loot doesn't change how your character looks, only skins do. And it didn't feel very powerful.

Too bad, not many WASD ARPGs out there.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Steam Business Model "Unrealistic"

21. Re: Ubisoft: Steam Business Model Aug 28, 2019, 15:36 Rhett

It's so stupid to me. They have their own store and launcher... that is already mandatory in all of their games no matter where you buy it, and they're complaining about Steam? Why aren't they just on their own little platform? They're doing nothing but exacerbating the EGS issue.

At least if I buy anything, I'm just gonna go to UPlay anyway. This whole partnership thing though, dumb. I've heard of people having issues with the EGS to UPlay bit of games. One friend had to download a game 3 times just to play it, because UPlay wouldn't recognize it.

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Odyssey Fields of Elysium for Free

4. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Odyssey Fields of Elysium for Free Aug 27, 2019, 16:44 Rhett

I saw it on the UPlay news, but the link button wouldn't work. The link here in the comments did, though.

Awesome! Great game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2019, 21:44 Rhett

Yeah, it's a stellar game in coop, for $40.  

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed

5. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 15:05 Rhett

I think there were at least two people that dropped out of a recent fortnite tournament due to this thing, too, wasn't there?

Vaguely related, but I was kinda disgusted seeing an ad for a new skin bundle for fortnite on youtube (on roku, adblock all the way!). 60 seconds of one picture showcasing a new paid skin bundle for that garbage. Probably mostly intended for kids.

Not sure why I'm surprised, when Epic keeps lowering the bar every week.

News Comments > Homeworld Trailer and Announcement Tease

3. Re: Homeworld Trailer and Announcement Tease Aug 21, 2019, 13:14 Rhett

Happy to see a potential sequel, but yeah... No buy if EGS.

Deserts of Kharak came out only 3 years ago eh? Hmm. I figured longer.

News Comments > Path of Exile Blight Announced

3. Re: Path of Exile Blight Announced Aug 20, 2019, 22:17 Rhett

I love seeing their massive patches and expansions, wish I could get into the game. Just don't like the economy/always online no mod support/timed seasonal content.

They do put out some really interesting stuff though. Might have to take another stab.

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Released

5. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Released Aug 20, 2019, 13:48 Rhett

Yeah, I got two boss fights in before I stopped (2 hour timer on Steam, waiting for friends to try it). Solo, it seemed doable, but the amount of enemies definitely feels 2-player-oriented. Not sure if there's even more in coop though.

Fun and polished game, at least.

1475 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >