Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1439 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Single-Player Spinoff Discussion
2. Re: The Division Single-Player Spinoff Discussion Jul 14, 2019, 14:43 Rhett

They certainly have a knack for world building with those games, wonder how different it would be?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold: Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Cyberpilot; Specs Revealed
2. Re: Gone Gold: Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Cyberpilot; Specs Revealed Jul 11, 2019, 22:30 Rhett

Cram wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 20:35:
skip-able cutscenes in subsequent playthroughs please.

It sounds like the game is based around leveling, grinding, unlocks and replayability so I'm guessing (hoping!) that'll be the case.

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam
4. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam Jul 11, 2019, 14:54 Rhett

Maybe I haven't paid attention to other EDF games, but 11 paid DLC on release day?!  

News Comments > DayZ Battle Royale Alpha Signups
1. Re: DayZ Battle Royale Alpha Signups Jul 9, 2019, 23:16 Rhett

Is this considered "jumping the shark"?

They've gotten DayZ into a pretty decent state, but now this...

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Open Beta Next Month
2. Re: Black Mesa Xen Open Beta Next Month Jul 8, 2019, 10:41 Rhett

I feel like I've been hearing about this mythical Xen for years now.  

News Comments > Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds
3. Re: Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds Jul 2, 2019, 10:04 Rhett

Yeah... and it's happened twice now! Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness, right?

News Comments > Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning
17. Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 04:33 Rhett

The games really aren't that bad. They're solid FPS experiences, they fully support coop, and have typically been very polished.

Obviously Microsoft has milked the hell out of it, but it really can be fun with friends. Did you guys really not play Halo when it came to PC?! That was awesome!

News Comments > Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Beta Extended
1. Re: Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Beta Extended Jun 15, 2019, 15:22 Rhett

I admit, bought the game right before they announced the free trial.. The game is legit. They've seemingly done a lot of work, and it's well worth the $18 (retail) or $30 (currently half off digitally) if you enjoyed any of the recent Fallout games. Recommended with friends, obviously.

Can't speak for the BR, but I've heard a lot of good things too.

Also can't deny the game had a horrendous start, especially the preorder garbage, but the game at least is pretty good. I think Anthem one-upping them on absolutely god-awful game launches and support must have helped, heh.

News Comments > PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive
4. Re: PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive Jun 10, 2019, 23:47 Rhett

Jesus, guess they didn't see the Phoenix Point kickstarter doing the same exact thing.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs: Legion Announced
4. Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Announced Jun 10, 2019, 23:45 Rhett

Looks awesome, but can't be any worse than the last WD game IMO. It was so damn cringy.  

News Comments > Gears of War 5 in September
2. Re: Gears of War 5 in September Jun 10, 2019, 13:34 Rhett

Can't wait to see how they fuck this one up, considering I and many others haven't been able to play GOW 4 on PC for the past year.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
5. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 14:25 Rhett

The one redeeming quality so far looks like the combat. Looks like it could be a good step towards Jedi Knight 2-level multiplayer combat?!  

News Comments > Kingdom New Lands Free on EGS
7. Re: Kingdom New Lands Free on EGS Jun 7, 2019, 15:22 Rhett

That Subnautica game is standalone though, isn't it (Below Zero)? It's not DLC, so it's not like you had to own Subnautica on the same platform...  

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Released
6. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Released Jun 5, 2019, 07:34 Rhett

Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 07:02:
Just another no name dev making a budget quality title unworthy of the the license and overcharging for it.

Why can't the owners of the IP ever give the license to someone who is competent? Oh I know, because the competent devs don't bid as highly to get the license and then after bidding so high to acquire the license, they have a low budget to actually develop the game and we get low quality shit like this.

When a new title is announced for a beloved IP franchise, everyone should immediately look at the pedigree and reputation and previous titles from that developer. And temper their expectations accordingly.

Totally agree. Boggles my mind, because it just keeps happening over and over! So many shitty games, except for the stuff from Relic, Space Marine, perhaps those turn-based ones (never got into them), and Total Warhammer...

News Comments > Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak?
3. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak? Jun 4, 2019, 10:22 Rhett

I loved the first, but second one with all its cringy characters just put me off so much.

I wonder if this will be set in the future where everyone has some kind of implants that you take over? I hope it doesn't jump the shark and go supernatural now, haha.

News Comments > JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced
2. Re: JUST CAUSE 4 Los Demonios Announced May 22, 2019, 13:01 Rhett

This looks really out of place...

Though I haven't played #4, I hear pretty awful things about it. Like massive keybinding issues.

And what's with them continuing to ignore any semblance of multiplayer?!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 19, 2019, 15:31 Rhett

Jesus. And yet they still pan-handle and accept donations from random people.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
14. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 01:46 Rhett

Kxmode wrote on May 19, 2019, 00:06:

My biggest complaint against EGS is their exclusives. They claim it's good for consumers, but so far all it did was force people onto an inferior platform. Epic said their exclusives would benefit customer, yet I haven't seen any perks like charging $50 for games because the publisher gets a bigger cut (that might get me to buy from EGS). Even with the $10 discount, the publisher still makes more than on Steam. My auxiliary complaint against EGS is that it lacks 95% of the stuff Steam has. Eventually, EGS will catch up to Steam, but in the meantime, it's not a minimum viable platform. Epic shouldn't be forcing people to buy from a gaming store held together by duct tape and chewing gum.

All this. I don't adore Steam, but Epic needs to try a lot harder than throwing money at publishers. Their store and launcher is a complete joke. Nevermind how hard it is to get in touch with support.

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
10. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 11:11 Rhett

That's cool and all, but it just further highlights how terribly designed the store is.

It's not some goddamned art gallery!

News Comments > Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned
4. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 16:47 Rhett

Good. I hate this shit. It's extremely prevalent in Fortnite's PVE mode too (I know, unrelated game), but nothing seems to get done about it.  

1439 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo