Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1033 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update
4. Re: Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update Aug 9, 2017, 20:50 Rhett

Yeah, what really bothered me is how normalized everything felt. Everyone attacking at the same rates, no real control or combos or anything. Just hold button to swing/shoot. Abilities don't really feel impactful either.

Very, very good looking game if nothing else. I just don't know how they'll keep it afloat in the future.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > For Honor For Free For the Weekend
1. Re: For Honor For Free For the Weekend Aug 7, 2017, 20:23 Rhett

Worth a try if anyone's on the fence. Campaign's meh (but co-op), and there's bots/AI to fight. Personally felt better on a controller, but if you learn the M/KB controls you can do just as well if not better, no problem. There's just not much else like it besides Chivalry.

Definitely get it cheap though.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
5. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 6, 2017, 12:21 Rhett

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 10:57:
Rhett wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 10:45:
Yeah weird that this comes up again...

But anyway, I love Borderlands, and I agree. After I played Destiny, with its much, much better gunplay/feel, it was VERY hard to go back to something as arcadey as Borderlands. And the endgame very poorly done (scaling resulting in being one-twoshot... in a non-realism game where everybody has guns).
Never played Destiny, but you're saying Destiny's controller gunplay is superior to Borderlands mouse and keyboard?

In terms of accuracy, fair point, but I meant the way the guns handle. In Destiny, they feel like legit guns. Recoil, impact, scopes, etc. It feels more grounded that Borderlands' "this shotgun fires 8,000 rocket pellets and can't hit the broad side of a barn". I realize Borderlands is supposed to be crazy like that, but Destiny's handling of loot and randomization was a tad more subtle, and the guns felt much more pleasant to use.

I guess if Borderlands was to keep its own kooky randomized gun-loot system, it's gonna have to take some liberties there, however. I'm just hoping they look at Destiny's handling of things and take some notes.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 10:47 Rhett

Great... Looks like a fantastic game, but with WB behind the wheel, this could be a nasty turn.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
2. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 6, 2017, 10:45 Rhett

Yeah weird that this comes up again...

But anyway, I love Borderlands, and I agree. After I played Destiny, with its much, much better gunplay/feel, it was VERY hard to go back to something as arcadey as Borderlands. And the endgame very poorly done (scaling resulting in being one-twoshot... in a non-realism game where everybody has guns).

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 5, 2017, 18:46 Rhett

Seems like something is definitely off there, for sure. Waste of a click.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players
9. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 5, 2017, 17:15 Rhett

Yeah.. and they continue to ignore Terrorist Hunt and also punish people who play it because people find ways to farm their credits or whatever in it.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2017, 18:50 Rhett

Ah, I though it was one of those "I'm sad the game didn't sell well, oh well." type interviews and didn't read it. That sucks.

It's still a great game though, but I understand apprehension. The campaign is worth a playthrough if you enjoy shooters at the very least, in whatever fashion can be done.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2017, 14:53 Rhett

TF2 isn't dead though.. It just had a massive free update with a PVE mode and a new map, and it revitalized the game for a lot of people.

It's been getting free content since release even. All DLC is free, only paid stuff is some extra skins so far. And I think it was $15 recently? (also available to try for cheap on that Origin Access, along with other stuff - $5 to play it for a month or so)

News Comments > For Honor Season 3 Details
3. Re: For Honor Season 3 Details Aug 4, 2017, 09:24 Rhett

Don't quote me on this but last I recall it wasn't that hard to unlock the new characters with gold/ingame currency. But I haven't actually done that.. I just remember the prices being pretty fair. Much, much better than Rainbow Six Siege's shitty system.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 2, 2017, 15:46 Rhett

Really cool you can do two separate split-screens over the internet even (presumably?). Not that I'd ever have any use for that, but I can see two out-of-the-house friends playing with a couple, or two couples together.

But yeah, fantastic game. Can't wait to play the full thing in September.

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games Next Week
4. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Next Week Aug 2, 2017, 14:34 Rhett

Maybe I should clarify that I don't play much Overwatch since release, I just pop in occasionally. So I'm out of the loop a bit, if something's fucked up with it. After playing tons of Diablo again recently, I'm well aware Blizzard can royally fuck up or ignore problems. =P

I just never ran into problems with OW.

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games Next Week
1. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Next Week Aug 2, 2017, 10:29 Rhett

Cool. This event had some skins I really wanted and never got (now available with credits, for cheapish). Lucio Ball is also very fun.  

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
3. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 11:51 Rhett

Oh, don't worry.. they'll find a way to shame themselves in the future. Bad enough there's already two ARK-esque clones (Dark and Light + The Citadel, I think it's called, made by the Chinese company the bought the studio - Snail Games or something). Dark and Light was half-made by the Wildcard devs too, and uses a lot of the same or similar assets, sounds, UI, etc. Slightly different game, more of an MMO feel, but yeah.

Pretty mucky.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 29, 2017, 13:27 Rhett

Some streamers (like Grimmmz or whatever the fuck his name is) are getting called out for abusing this, so this shouldn't last long. Apparently that guy accuses everyone who kills him of stream sniping. "If someone's camping *HIGH PROFILE AREA*, they're stream sniping" ... friggin' ridiculous.

I'm sure things will be changed. Stream sniping is not only extremely difficult due to the nature of the game, but it should entirely be on the streamers to deal with, especially with how the game plays.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Operation Frontier Shield
1. Re: Titanfall 2 Operation Frontier Shield Jul 26, 2017, 11:40 Rhett

Pretty fun mode, good alternative to the PVP I guess. Requires coordination. Not as deep as I had hoped, but it does things right for the most part. Uses MP unlocks and progression (and also PVE progress counts 100% towards PVP progress, so you can level/prestige/unlock upgrades etc).  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2017, 02:27 Rhett

Can't fucking wait for the XCOM 2 expansion next month. Way more hyped for that than Destiny 2 or anything, even. Hopefully that (WOTC) sells well.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 21, 2017, 22:21 Rhett

IIRC that comes in August.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans Jul 21, 2017, 21:25 Rhett

I feel like cheaters will be out very quickly, sadly... Ubisoft always has problems with cheaters.  

News Comments > Fortnite Head Start Early Access Underway
4. Re: Fortnite Head Start Early Access Underway Jul 21, 2017, 21:24 Rhett

I played in the alpha/beta, and it hasn't changed at all during the course of that.. which was over at least a year? Maybe two?

80% of the game is just: start mission -> go explore and beat on everything in the environment getting materials for 10 minutes (gets blueprints for traps and weapons, premade traps and weapons, and building parts for everything) -> find mission area (usually with a timer) and build a makeshift defense.

The defense part usually consisted of about 10-20% of the actual gameplay. The rest is just beating on things to get a miniscule amount of parts to make a shitty gun (that breaks with use) and hope you get lucky in the "loot pinatas" (loot boxes) you get from playing the game. Or you can buy them, of course, with real money.

Actual gameplay is very arcadey, which isn't a bad thing, but it makes all the weapons feel very same-y. There are randomized stats, but it was negligible IIRC. It might be okay for younger kids if they enjoy all those mechanics, but really, the farming will get tedious because it feels unrewarding and it takes a LOT of farming, all the time, to do anything significant.

1033 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo