Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1006 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 28, 2016, 20:44 Rhett

I love how clicking the little 'X' to close the window equated "OK, restart and update NOW!" too...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Celebrating 20 Years of Diablo
2. Re: Blizzard Celebrating 20 Years of Diablo Dec 28, 2016, 20:43 Rhett

I just read that one of the devs had made comments about the Necro (D3) being released later in the year, around Blizzcon 2017/June... I was thinking January at the latest! That's crazy. That game really needs some love to stay relevant. Hell, even SC2 has great PVE content now, and continual additions.  

News Comments > GTA Online Gets Wintery
1. Re: GTA Online Gets Wintery Dec 23, 2016, 16:15 Rhett

I really hate you can't just toggle this on... The game is beautiful in the snow, but you never get to see or use it.  

News Comments > GRID for Free
12. Re: GRID for Free Dec 23, 2016, 08:34 Rhett

The only racing game I have put significant time into, for some reason.. Really enjoyable. I guess maybe NFS Underground would be a second, but GRID by far.  

News Comments > ASTRONEER Early Access
7. Re: ASTRONEER Early Access Dec 17, 2016, 18:04 Rhett

Played it for a couple hours. Has a lot of game-breaking issues (it's pre-alpha), but it's really cool. Like Legos and No Man's Sky (but much better/more like what it should have been).

Issues I had:

AMD FX CPUs have issues. I had to play the game with no sound to fix an unplayable framerate issue. (-NOSOUND launch parameter). Okay, so it's playable at this point.

Playing a game with a friend, we both crash. Didn't save. Start that save (it saved after I landed and that's it) again with friend, but it had severe issues like no recharging power, 2nd drop pod existed multiple times, friend couldn't interact, etc.

So we load up his already-progressed game and play that. Lots of fun, but glitchy. Playable though. Then a sand storm comes. I start driving a rover into it and crash. Now, every time I connect to him on that game it just crashes. So the game has save-breaking issues I guess...

I ended up refunding it, but I'd gladly get it again later. I just wish they had tested it better before they released it. Or a public demo maybe? I have my hands in so many early access titles, this one just rubbed me wrong I guess. The game itself has a lot of promise though, and lots to do already.

News Comments > Space Engineers Beta Begins
7. Re: Space Engineers Beta Begins Dec 16, 2016, 04:09 Rhett

Started it and played a few of the campaign missions... It holds your hand considerably, and I still don't know what the hell's going on haha. It's not a tutorial, it's a linear experience with zero freedom and a tiny bit of plot.

I just wanted to learn how to play your crazy-complicated game!

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
7. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 15, 2016, 23:57 Rhett

Did it easily and quickly a few hours ago on the actual UPlay software. It's on the front page of it.  

News Comments > Space Engineers Beta Begins
2. Re: Space Engineers Beta Begins Dec 15, 2016, 20:36 Rhett

Last time I tried to play this, it was confusing as hell. Certainly a cool game with lots of features, but this tutorial hopefully fills the gap because it was quite ridiculous.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups
6. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups Dec 7, 2016, 03:31 Rhett

Sempai wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 00:04:
Are there classes or rpg elements? Do you level your character up in some fashion?

There's apparently leveling/skill trees, but you don't unlock weapons at least. Weapons are found/collected across the map, or if you pick up an enemy's weapon, you keep it, I guess. Not sure how calling vehicles works though (money?), since you have everything from attack helicopters to LAVs to dirt bikes. I'm curious if this is going to be loosely Mercenaries-esque haha.

News Comments > LawBreakers Beta Signups
1. Re: LawBreakers Beta Signups Dec 3, 2016, 02:28 Rhett

Looks interesting, but also Nexon.... Hmmmm.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 18:24 Rhett

SlimRam wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 17:33:
Glad they finally showed some game play and it looks nice. It seems like maybe the combat looks a little too easy? I remember running across one of the big YMIR Mech's in the beginning of ME2 and it was definitely a challenge. In this video it looks like taking down a couple of large bots is no problema? Also, I didn't notice your other squad mates fighting along side you, did I miss this or was it not shown? I like the scanner thingy they showed and that will hopefully add a layer to the game. Overall, totally stoked and ready romance a female Krogan!

I thought the same (no squadmates) but they're there, at least for some of it.

I'm excited! The multiplayer should be awesome. Never played ME on PC, until this one, so I don't mind the "console-itis", but the combat looks much more fluid and engaging.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
17. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 18:15 Rhett

I want to play it, but hell if I'm gonna pay full price for it again.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2016, 14:41 Rhett

Really, really good game. It was worth full price. Campaign is excellent. MP is excellent.

Really needs a horde/frontier defense mode though..

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
2. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 21, 2016, 21:05 Rhett

Though this DLC sounds cool, I feel like they're handling loot very poorly... It's not exciting like in Diablo or WoW to loot something, because it's everywhere now, and it's not immediately apparent if something is good or not.

Kudos to them for not abandoning the game at least.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
7. Re: World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration Nov 20, 2016, 18:42 Rhett

Where's the diablo event already?  

News Comments > ARK Content Plans
8. Re: ARK Content Plans Nov 15, 2016, 02:40 Rhett

El Pit wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:53:
They are in extremely late early access now, right? Already releasing DLCs, I see. Of course, those are also in early access, just like the game.

Note to Steam: early access done wrong - this is a great example!

Yep. Last I heard it was due out in December, but as far as I can tell it's not ready to be released. They've made so much money, and they still squeezed out more with that DLC.

News Comments > ARK Content Plans
5. Re: ARK Content Plans Nov 14, 2016, 22:38 Rhett

"Coming weeks and months" ... it's been planned for "upcoming patches" for about a year now...  

News Comments > Warframe The War Within Launches
3. Re: Warframe The War Within Launches Nov 13, 2016, 00:09 Rhett

Gipson wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 23:41:
the amount of content and work for a FREE TO PLAY game is staggering. kudos to DE and their dedication

Plus it's almost entirely co-op, so there's absolutely zero pay to win.. and you can get in-game premium money fairly easily with just a little bit of patience and reading. Not that they don't deserve the money. Only F2P I've ever put money into. Probably played about a thousand hours. Haven't played in a while though.

News Comments > Battleborn "Day" Underway
1. Re: Battleborn Nov 11, 2016, 17:39 Rhett

They're trying so hard...

http://i.imgur.com/b7pOX75.jpg

News Comments > New Rainbow Six Siege Operator Revealed
1. Re: New Rainbow Six Siege Operator Revealed Nov 10, 2016, 14:40 Rhett

I reinstalled the game and went to play Terrorist Hunt, as I usually do (I hate the competitive gameplay in this), and was met with over 5 minutes of waiting for a full 5-person lobby.. They STILL don't allow you to go without 5 players, somehow, which is ludicrous. This has been a problem (matchmaking) since I got the game, only getting worse.

Nevermind the fact they also won't reduce the in-game costs of the DLC operators. 25000 ingame credits are no joke if you play casually. I only have 10k atm, and I'm still short 3 base operators even. Just seems way too season-pass-oriented.

1006 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo