Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1296 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Version 1.0 This Month; New Miramar Trailer
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Version 1.0 This Month; New Miramar Trailer Dec 8, 2017, 14:12 Rhett

Miramar is also up on the test server. It's a pretty decent map, but it gives me PTSD with how many angles you can be shot from.. especially in dense areas.

Runs way better than Erangel (original map) too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game
11. Re: Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game Dec 8, 2017, 09:04 Rhett

First time I've noticed a delay from a big publisher in ages... I remember when delays happened frequently, because the game wasn't up to their standards.

Anyone's guess what this one's about (with ubi's track record), but we can dream!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 2, 2017, 13:38 Rhett

Beware: loud mic screeching partway through..

Really not that special of a video, though.

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
2. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 10:51 Rhett

Say what you will, but it's not been abandoned, and the latest major patches have been pretty big (and good) changes. Albeit very slow.  

News Comments > PUBG Map Reveal Next Week
3. Re: PUBG Map Reveal Next Week Nov 30, 2017, 17:41 Rhett

This one looks to be more middle-eastern feeling, or Mexico desert-esque, I guess. Reminds me of ARMA kinda. Can't wait. Looks really dense with buildings too.  

News Comments > PUBG Map Reveal Next Week
1. Re: PUBG Map Reveal Next Week Nov 30, 2017, 13:39 Rhett

Gah, I thought for sure it'd be on the test server.  

News Comments > Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans
9. Re: Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans Nov 30, 2017, 05:19 Rhett

Seems like some good changes in the right direction.

For those on the fence, not gonna lie, the story is ridiculously dumb. It is, however, a good and fun romp with friends, at least for a while. It's sorta like Borderlands without the humor, but has a more serious tone (and much, much better gunplay).

Was hyped for the DLC a week or two ago, but now probably not getting it unless I see some astounding stuff. Supposedly Destiny 1 DLC hit it out of the park (at one point anyway?).

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
36. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 16:57 Rhett

I guess they just don't get it... If they were listening, there wouldn't be microtransaction gouging in the first place.

Doesn't matter though, because as I understand, the game still has major lag/rubberbanding issues since beta, the campaign is a short piece of garbage that makes no sense, and the saber combat looks and feels so damn tacky.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
9. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 28, 2017, 00:00 Rhett

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 23:06:
Will the demo come with all the XP manipulation of the full game?

Pretty sure that was entirely disabled to be reworked.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
4. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 27, 2017, 21:26 Rhett

It's uniquely better than Borderlands mechanically and gameplay-wise (because it takes shooting much more seriously), but it's more dumbed down than D1. I think they're looking to fix that though. I don't think it's keeping a playerbase like they wanted.  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Omega Closed
1. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 19:46 Rhett

That escalated quickly...  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced Nov 24, 2017, 23:10 Rhett

Yep, Proxy. I guess we'll see, but really, it's like ever since Space Marine, GWs has been avoiding bigger studios...  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Announced Nov 24, 2017, 14:18 Rhett

Okay, this looks and sounds awesome. Surely there's a solid developer behi- ... Oh, they've done one game on Steam and it's a 4x with mediocre reviews, that looks like a Beyond Earth clone...

God damnit, Games Workshop. What is it with them giving the IP to random developers?

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2017, 21:00 Rhett

DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 19:18:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/21/best-black-friday-2017-deals

good list of deals, looks like Amazon will have some pretty good deals on recent games, Destiny 2 is $27 but I'm not sure it's worth it for just the single player.

Cool, thankya!

Destiny 2 is okay. If you haven't tried Destiny at all, but you love shooters and you love games like Borderlands and Diablo, it's worth trying. I just hope they work to improve the game.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 21, 2017, 20:57 Rhett

I'm sure it is pretty similar, but I don't recall the orcs being nearly as notable or crazy in the first game. It has a fair share of tedium, but it's a cool story with well-voiced characters, and it's very fluid. A good option if you want to play AssCreed without supporting the garbage that is Ubisoft.

Though this DLC being $15 is just stupid and not worth it from what I can tell. I could see half that at most. The free updates are quite nice, however. I really enjoyed the game, myself. I actually *cough* tried it *cough* and was dead-set against buying it (due to that one DLC with the dead producer and the inclusion of loot boxes potentially swaying gameplay), but I saw that the loot box fiasco was WAY out of proportion and they can be 100% ignored, safely.

Hell, even if you do spend money on them, it's not even worth it for what you get in those boxes.

Game does get tedious at the end, but only because of how the Shadow Wars work, and the "true ending". One of the more fun things to do was defending your fort from the AI, and after a certain point in the game that stops happening (until this update), so that's cool.

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
12. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 13:29 Rhett

Dang, this took a 180. Still, the damage is done. I won't let my friends buy it either. @_@  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 19, 2017, 16:24 Rhett

Yeah... It's so despicably sad that gaming has been turned into a money-milking machine, and true love and dedication rarely gets poured into games anymore.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2017, 14:06 Rhett

I also highly recommend DOS 2. It has a wide variety of mods on the Steam workshop as well, not that it needs them.

Best played in co-op, but I did about half my playtime in solo no problem.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2017, 13:49 Rhett

Disney was probably quite happy until people caught on.

Hoping for some Lando/Darth Vader quoting here soon though. "This deal is getting worse all the time!"

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway Nov 17, 2017, 02:34 Rhett

Yeah, I know. I just meant that not only have they not touched it since launch, they've nerfed rewards from it at least twice now. It's barely even worth the time of playing (to get in-game currency which can be used primarily to unlock new operators).  

1296 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo