Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 946 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players
5. Re: Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players May 2, 2017, 01:45 Rhett

Forced me to play 3 games against AI before I could do anything, just a heads up if anyone expects not to play... Haha. Got a legendary card in a pack though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players
3. Re: Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players May 2, 2017, 00:01 Rhett

Haha, I don't really enjoy HS but I'll log in just for those free cards... maybe someday when they actually add replayable PVE.

Got back into HOTS though. So much free stuff. Probably gonna put money into it, which will make it the second F2P I've ever put money into.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday
1. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Q&A Wednesday Apr 30, 2017, 15:00 Rhett

I know it's kicking a dead horse, but I'd ask "Why wasn't the necro in, in the first place?" >_>

Fookin' kooky-ass witch doctor!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Patched
5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Patched Apr 27, 2017, 13:47 Rhett

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 11:37:
Take the game, throw in the Survival H1Z1/Playerunknown gameplay and whammo good to go for another 2 years.

Yeah, but lets be realistic.

Hope this sparks some interest in other devs doing it though. Wildlands would be perfect for something like that... Hoping that next DLC isn't a complete flop/failure, and actually has something worthwhile.

News Comments > The Culling Free Weekend
4. Re: The Culling Free Weekend Apr 27, 2017, 13:46 Rhett

Haven't played it in a while, but it was okay at the start. Then it got a steam market and flooded with tons of shitty clothing. And also lots of teaming issues (people teaming when you shouldn't).

Not sure what's changed, but the melee was pretty decent when it was first out. I'm guessing it's much worse now.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Patched
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Patched Apr 27, 2017, 10:24 Rhett

Yeah, it is quite fun. Sorta unique (sadly). Needs more depth, but alas...  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Free Mega Bundles
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Free Mega Bundles Apr 23, 2017, 04:48 Rhett

Just played on the PTR. Not sure if it'll stay like this, but I opened a handful (9) of common loot boxes and got two heroes (Arthas and Rehgar), and some epic skins, and multiple rare things. I wonder if it'll stay like that. Also a 3-day stim pack (starts when you get it though).

Should be quite awesome on the 25th opening all those boxes. Especially for players with 400++ levels carrying over. Seems fairly generous.

5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Free Mega Bundles Apr 23, 2017, 02:44 Rhett

[SC]TherMight wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 01:44:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 21:56:
But can I choose whatever level 20 hero I want? Or is more random Overwatch crap (where you get more duplicates of crap you didn't want in the first place)?

No you get to choose from 1 of 4 specific packs that have ~20 heroes each in them. Depending on what you already might have.

In which case I recommend looking for a 2.0 mega bundle calculator, to find out what is the best deal. Unless you have certain characters you only care about. Some heroes are not in the bundles (there's 65 total characters, but I saw Jaina is not in any of them, for example).

The support ones even have new characters, like Lucio. Plus you can get heroes in boxes (one box per character level, with better boxes at 10 and 25 level increments).

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Free Mega Bundles Apr 22, 2017, 19:36 Rhett

This is really cool. Even after playing on and off again, getting to level 31 since release, I only own 6 heroes.. and two of them were free from other games, I think. I'll be getting 19 free heroes from the Assassin pack, half of which I actually kinda wanted. Plus you can get heroes in Overwatch-esque loot boxes from leveling.

Lots of quality of life changes it seems like. Plus rewards to compensate people who have already played since they don't get levelup rewards.

Edit: Here's a pretty decent way to find out what bundle is best for you. Select heroes you DON'T own. Calculator

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2017, 19:54.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
8. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 21:47 Rhett

Osc8r wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 21:44:
Campaign co-op?

No co-op besides skirmish against AI, sadly.

6. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 20:28 Rhett

IIRC somewhere between 15 and 24GB. :X

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:31:
I am still on the fence about this one. I love DoW but I couldn't care less about MP in this title.
If that is their main focus (which it seems to be) I'll most likely skip this one.

Weird thing is it doesn't look "traditional". Apparently you fight over some bunker in the middle of the map, not to destroy your enemy. Or maybe there's different modes. But it didn't look ridiculously micromanagement-intensive like SC2. Still sorta slower paced like COH or DOW 2.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer and Interview
1. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 21, 2017, 19:31 Rhett

The beta ends Sunday, started again today. Just for clarification. :X

Seems to typically run each Thursday through Sunday afternoon.

2. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 19:23 Rhett

Seems decent... It's less "P2W" than COH 2 was for a while, it seems.

Got the beta, but I don't do competitive RTS, so waiting for friends to install it to mess with it. Just seems to be focused on MP, with no co-op, a "meh" campaign, and a lot of grinding.

News Comments > Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Released
4. Re: Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Released Apr 21, 2017, 06:53 Rhett

Slick wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 06:16:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 21:25:
Justin Roiland also has this VR game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CFFSfH5hY

DON'T WATCH!

Seriously, accounting is probably my go-to first game for noobs to experience VR with. With maybe Nvidia's carnival thing being second. If you're confident you'll never get a VR headset, watch. If not, save it.

Eh, I watched it to the end, and I'd still play it. Looked hilarious. I bet there's some more hidden stuff. Friend didn't know about it though, bet he'll love playing it!

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
9. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 18:02 Rhett

2 was great, like a more arcadey GTA 4.. but man it ran like complete and utter ass on PC. I think it's one of the worst ports I've played on PC...  

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
14. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 20, 2017, 01:56 Rhett

Surprised they're actually respectably cheap, for those greedy assholes.

Also, man does SWAT 2 bring back memories...

News Comments > GTA Online Duke O'Death
4. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 20:12 Rhett

jamiedj99 wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:41:
I wonder if they ever fixed the crazy load times in multiplayer making it soo annoying to play yet

Nope.

But it is much faster loading into SP, then joining a private MP match, THEN joining a public match.. if so inclined.

God, they better treat RDR 2 and the future better than this. I like that there were mods, but GTA online was handled very poorly. Especially PC.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 17:40 Rhett

Tried the patch, felt overall much more smooth. Framerate was the sameish, and didn't go to the big cities (yet), but mouse control feels smoother.

New bike is neat. Vector is okay.. 13 round magazine before extended mags though, is quite weird. Maybe realistic?

Tons and tons of QOL/general improvements though.

Edit: There's a "test server" version in your library if you own it, to try it.

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
1. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 00:33 Rhett

Huh, that's surprising. No price though...  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
6. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 16, 2017, 17:18 Rhett

I don't know, it's not clear.. do I get to be a hero in this one?

But yeah, definitely needs depth and content. Last one felt like a shitty $20 Xbox Live arcade game (with one of the best looking engines I've seen yet). Played almost too much like a movie instead of a game.

946 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo