Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1081 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs Announced
1. Re: Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs Announced Nov 3, 2017, 17:19 Rhett

I haven't played this game much due to the lack of (free) SP content, wonder what this holds?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play
6. Re: StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play Nov 3, 2017, 17:19 Rhett

The campaigns and the co-op are quite awesome. The campaign, even if only the free one, is worth trying.

Had a bunch of fun with the co-op despite not being a very good RTS player.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 09:47 Rhett

I mean... I doubt it'll ever be as dead as 3D TVs... It's just too expensive right now.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December
12. Re: Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 23:05 Rhett

Yeah, the lack of social features in what you would think was a highly social game, is pretty baffling. Apparently due to removing toxicity. I can see that, but this seems like overkill. Can't even whisper a random person because by default it blocks whispers from strangers.

Still, on the flip side, it's nice to play in a 100% toxicity-free game for once in a long time (I don't enjoy the PVP though, not sure if that's different). Albeit at a cost...

Edit: Also, myself and a friend can't seem to get PlaysTV to record, though other people can... I don't suppose anyone's had this issue and resolved it by chance?

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
12. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 21:40 Rhett

Yeah, assuming it's exactly like previous FC co-ops, you keep everything (levels and skill points, guns, loot, money, etc) EXCEPT quest progress, for some reason. Kinda dissuades playing without the other player. :/  

9. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 21:38 Rhett

Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:18:
Oh and I'll say this:

I managed to play through almost the entire campaign without ever seeing another player enter a campaign mission with me, even though I had my fireteam set to "public".

I don't know if there's some magic thing to enable to actually get people entering my game, but GODDAMN was the campaign lonely doing it all solo.

That was the only redeeming feature of D1, was that I played through all the co-op shit with other people. Don't know if it was cause console had a larger player base, or they just fucked the PC over on purpose. But that's kinda bullshit.

There is no matchmaking for campaign missions, it's all instance-based for your own personal fireteam. Only open world stuff has other people in it.

And from what I saw on their news posts, they're working on adding more stuff to do, especially end-game, and gearing alternatives. Personally I think it's okay and not nearly as bad as it used to be. Perhaps too easy, even.

We need heroic strikes back though. I would also like to put my ghost into a blender.

Lastly, though yes, it does seem like this DLC was already baking.. we'll just have to see how much content it has. Plus it'll get more content while the game is still fresh. Also don't know what these are usually priced, but I'm really loving D2 personally. Nice to get a snappy shooter with a lot of fun mechanics that's also 100% co-op.

3. Re: Hahhahahaha.... Oct 30, 2017, 19:08 Rhett

Guess we'll see, but D2 is really awesome. Needs more "hardcore" depth, but it's still an awesome game. I never got to play and of the D1 expansions, only vanilla, but I've heard good things.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
3. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 19:07 Rhett

Looks like this one yet again does not share quest progress for the joining player.. That was one of the more irritating things about co-op in the last two.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 10:52 Rhett

That is hilarious if true (Denuvo). Denuvo's gonna put itself out of business...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 26, 2017, 21:14 Rhett

Nevermind ISPs magically finding ways to raise prices every few months on your bills. Or at least that has happened with us and Time Warner Cable ($pectrum). It's ridiculous. Cable bill (basic TV + internet) is by far the highest bill in the house. And that's without any fancy shit like DVR, or extra channels.  

News Comments > Steam Curation System Changes
1. Re: Steam Curation System Changes Oct 26, 2017, 21:12 Rhett

I wish I could block curators though. I don't want their recommendations, and half the time I see a stupid meme/4chan-esque curator on the front page that just makes me hate it even more. Nevermind that one homophobic slur-named curator that somehow exist(s)(ed).  

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
4. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 15:56 Rhett

PHJF wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 14:32:
What the fuck is this even?

Looks like a 4-player zombie survival defense game, using the MGS 5 Fox engine...

Rather MGS 5 just had co-op.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist
18. Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Oct 24, 2017, 15:19 Rhett

Just to clarify, this is definitely aimed at controllers (as previously said) - there IS an aim assist option for KB/M, but it's off by default. There are a shit ton of both gameplay and graphic options as well.

Game looks beautiful and runs great.

News Comments > Battle.net Launches New Social Features
3. Re: Battle.net Launches New Social Features Oct 24, 2017, 00:11 Rhett

Just checked, you can finally appear offline! It only took so many years!

Still, I appreciate it.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
6. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 10:41 Rhett

This sounds like "Feed the Whale: The Game" ... basically potentially shit upon everyone else just because you're throwing money at it.

Sounds disgusting. Typical Activision.

I imagine this one'll blow up on the internet if it's proven there's any sinister bias like that.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2017, 10:36 Rhett

Hilarious watching Denuvo just absolutely fail to do anything now. I'm just picturing these clueless executives being furious (the ones that push for it). Though I never really cared about denuvo, sometimes piracy just feels like a necessary "evil".

But will Denuvo double down? Will DRM be meaningless in the near future? Will DRM get far more painful for consumers? It's a thin line, methinks.

News Comments > Forged Battalion Announced
3. Re: Forged Battalion Announced Oct 17, 2017, 00:04 Rhett

Yeah, I have my eye on it. Not enough RTS games out there anymore...

Was thinking about Metal Fatigue recently, too bad there's nothing like that.

Edit: Just noticed it's Petroglyph (and Team17). There is hope!

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2017, 07:22.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 17:46 Rhett

It is fun, and extremely pretty, but they ignored a lot of customer requests and basically just did whatever they felt with patches and such. No physically toggleable NVGs, no customizable special weapons, horrific DLC that shouldn't exist (mainly the undercover one with the monster truck and other garbage)...

It could be way better, but it's still unique and quite cool. Just more arcadey than a lot of people hoped for. Absolutely worth trying.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Celebrates Halloween Next Week
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Celebrates Halloween Next Week Oct 9, 2017, 20:44 Rhett

Hmm, I do love their version of the headless horseman. Might have to get some games in.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Ends This Month
4. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Ends This Month Oct 7, 2017, 04:31 Rhett

Yeah, I know, beating a dead horse and all that. Still kinda fun, and the next patch will breathe a little bit of life into ol' granny-oblo... even if she should be put out of her misery by now.

Also Grim Dawn expansion next week! (Wednesday/11th)

1081 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo