Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1034 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Aug 25, 2017, 15:55 Rhett

MeanJim wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 13:20:
*snip*

It mostly has some of the same engine bugs (shooting through walls/solid objects) but it's better about it, usually breaking sections of said object. Percentages are pretty accurate it seems like, and you can even improve odds with weapon attachments and getting closer to flanking. I have never seen this bug you had with the drastically different hit chances, though.

I would definitely recommend not playing iron man unless you're set on it. Almost everyone "save scums". At least then, you have the option to deal with a hand of bullshit when you accidentally hit the wrong key, or something else in the game is dumb in your eyes.

Lastly, XCOM 2 is completely mod-supported (via workshop), and you can find mods that tweak the game however you want. On top of this, the game comes with fully-tweakable INI files to change everything (especially so in the expansion) - from enemy health/movement/damage, to research times, to your own troops. Mods easily allow you to tweak mission timers (a new thing in XCOM 2), or add new mission types, too.

Honestly, I love the game in part because it's so moddable. It's one of very few (recent) games now that legitimately support modding.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2017, 23:22 Rhett

Yeah, ran great here too... I didn't finish it or get into the story (scifi doesn't do it for me - was in it for the gameplay), but the game was pretty polished performance-wise, besides that it makes my CPU max out on the main menu for some reason.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: XCOM 2 Free Weekend Aug 24, 2017, 21:53 Rhett

Can't wait for the expansion. Haven't been too excited for any releases for a while, but WOTC is doing it for me. :X  

News Comments > BRINK Goes Free-to-Play
6. Re: BRINK Goes Free-to-Play Aug 22, 2017, 21:10 Rhett

Tried it, and it's not THAT bad. It's a little bit console-y, but it runs great. I think the game landed far before its time. The "parkour" is pretty messy on PC, honestly, though.

As far as I can tell, it's 100% unlocked and free to play. There are no gimmicks, no microtransactions, nothing behind a pay wall besides some minor DLC that did not become free. It's just free. I'm starting to think it's an experiment by the dev/publisher to see if this kind of game would make any kind of resurgence in today's market given how close it gets to FPSMOBA territory.

News Comments > BRINK Goes Free-to-Play
2. Re: BRINK Goes Free-to-Play Aug 22, 2017, 18:27 Rhett

Totally random? No patch or anything I guess?

I really liked it when it came out, myself, but I never tried it on PC.

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Announced
2. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Announced Aug 21, 2017, 15:02 Rhett

I'd just be thankful it's in the hands of a capable developer for this genre... It could be really awesome!  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 14:58 Rhett

Kinda feels like the AAA version of a kickstarter/early access being abandoned after they got their money... Heh. I personally enjoyed the game, but definitely no avoiding it was not up to Mass Effect/Bioware quality.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2017, 14:23 Rhett

I dunno about PC/console filth mingling, but this seems purely PS4/XBone related.

I think PC/console would "require" ARK be sold on Microsoft's store to be compliant or whatever. gag

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 15:30 Rhett

No co-op, uses Saints Row world without being... Saints Row. All the gameplay looks so samey and arcadey (like $20 Xbox Live Arcade game-samey), but I guess there's leveling and collectibles or so.

Lacking any multiplayer at all is a pretty bold move, honestly, since it's not looking like a very story-heavy game. Just a reason to shoot shit/blow it up I guess? It looks a lot like Crackdown + Saints Row. Something like this thrives on MP.

I mean, I'm sure some people enjoy it, but sales are probably gonna be hurting. Or maybe it's just way overshadowed by all the big hitters coming later this month, onward? (XCOM 2 expansion, Destiny 2 beta/PC release, Divinity Original Sin 2, Shadow of War..)

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
2. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 17:43 Rhett

Well, it essentially adds an hour to the 2 hour steam refund policy, so I'd say you could still get a fair evaluation of the game in that time.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Race Revealed
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Race Revealed Aug 16, 2017, 17:29 Rhett

Cool. Didn't expect another race.  

News Comments > Fragmented Released
4. Re: Fragmented Released Aug 15, 2017, 21:00 Rhett

Or will it be considered milked and they move on?  

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer
5. Re: Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 03:44 Rhett

I watched a bunch of gameplay, it seems a lot like Crackdown + Saint's Row, with a focus on weird third-person arcadey combat and collecting stuff. I'm surprised there isn't multiplayer, too. YMMV I guess?  

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend
2. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow; DLC Sample This Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 19:43 Rhett

I guess there is, or Ubisoft is just damn determined to figure out a working formula to make the game work. @_@

I'm reinstalling at least, to check it out again... Survival was pretty fun.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer
2. Re: Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 19:28 Rhett

Yeah.. I have trouble understanding the point of it, and why it's $60. The gameplay shows nothing special, and it's not even multiplayer apparently. The steam page is also not very helpful...

Looks like a mindless third person shooter with Saints Row-esque jokes/innuendo? I guess there's some bit of customization but these trailers don't really help. :X

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 16:58 Rhett

Definitely a lot of downsides to it, won't disagree there. It treats the consumer like a complete idiot, and you have to do a lot of tweaking. For example, even if your computer is asleep or idle, it will reboot it during "unused hours" (and pull it out of sleep - but also WILL NOT put it back to sleep!) to reboot and install updates, if you aren't there to stop it. My #1 most hated feature.

But you can disable all that shit at least. I miss W7... but I beyond the sleep/wake issue I haven't completely wanted to uninstall it... yet...

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
7. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 12, 2017, 15:09 Rhett

I'm pretty sure if it had any of those benefits it wouldn't have been touted so highly. Dumber AI needs those things so they can cheap out on the AI's scripting and tweak numbers to make it seem decent.

This AI probably last-hits, pokes, harasses, aims perfectly/near perfectly with abilities... all of those would be a nightmare at once. I imagine the non-AI player could barely even get a hit in.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
5. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 11, 2017, 20:35 Rhett

It certainly looks a lot better/deeper... I just wish there was legit co-op already.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch This Week
13. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 18:07 Rhett

Just a heads up for anyone curious, "co-op" is limited to seeing another person as an orb, and you can interact with them to make a "monument", and that's the extent of it. Also VOIP chat is in. Was considering buying it but the co-op is very, very basic.  

News Comments > For Honor Free Weekend
2. Re: For Honor Free Weekend Aug 11, 2017, 14:42 Rhett

Yeah it gets really bad when customizing your "heroes"...

And that damn meta map too.

1034 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo