Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 767 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
6. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 17:06 Rhett

Paragon is neat at least. Very, very pretty. It does not hold lasting appeal though IMO.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
10. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 12, 2016, 20:17 Rhett

To think it's plagued by even worse issues than I figured it'd be... I figured it'd be shallow, but this is just laughable. At least make sure the game runs when you release it, after raising so much hype. @_@  

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Hero Limit Remaining
3. Re: Overwatch Competitive Hero Limit Remaining Aug 11, 2016, 08:18 Rhett

Mobawatch (brawl, basically same rules) was really cool too. Wish they'd add that and Lucioball as perma modes.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Getting More Anti-Cheat Protection
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Getting More Anti-Cheat Protection Aug 10, 2016, 20:41 Rhett

All I keep hearing about this game is cheaters and anti-cheating, haha.  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Free Weekend
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Free Weekend Aug 4, 2016, 20:33 Rhett

Very cool but very, very difficult game.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 3, 2016, 14:53 Rhett

This has never seemed more relevant:

http://imgur.com/gallery/wFfUv

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2016, 16:29 Rhett

Last I heard, some guy was claiming it was going to "revolutionize gaming" and change it forever. Haha. Seriously. It looks so boring. It's the same minecrafty grindy stuff every other game has been putting in. So there aren't any invisible walls.. does that really mean everything out there will be worth exploring?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 30, 2016, 14:09 Rhett

Well, I'm sure there's an app to disable their disabling of things.

I remember when I didn't need 3rd party apps to make my OS usable...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Jul 29, 2016, 23:52 Rhett

It looks kinda dumbed down, but there also seems to be a lot more features, so I'm hoping it's just an illusion. The conversation system does look a bit reduced though. I really enjoyed the system of the last one. It was really fluid.

But yeah, we have this and No Man's Sky, then nothing until October... Well, I guess there's Overwatch and WoW: Legion, but...

News Comments > Paragon Trailer
7. Re: Paragon Trailer Jul 29, 2016, 02:24 Rhett

Also Paragon is gorgeous. Just throwing that out there. I love the Unreal engine.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend
10. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 29, 2016, 00:59 Rhett

Acleacius wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 00:13:
Thanks for the detailed reply, Rhett!

Just knowing there are Pve servers is good enough news for me to be interested. Yours isn't the first post I've read about performance problems. At the moment I'm on an average machine so it'd probably be a pretty hard hit. I'm still interested with the possible good Pve servers. I don't care if the whole damn server is in a gankfest as long as I'm able to opt out.

I'm defiantly used to playing hard core games like EQ and Vanguard, where Training Mob Hords is considered an art form by some deviant trolls. I'm sure I'll die many times, just trying to get used to the gameplay. I just prefer dying as a learning experince, not because some kid can't get laid and needs to take it out in pvp. Jester

The biggest thing is GPU I noticed. If you had a moderately modern GPU, it should be fine! Nvidia also seems to help.

7. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 28, 2016, 23:27 Rhett

Acleacius wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 23:08:
So is this pvp or pve? I see Coop on the site, but you can never tell these days, the way some developers lie. I can deal with public pve servers, which require agreement to duel. But I'm sure they hell not interested in a gankfest.

There's PVE servers, but the majority are PVP. There are official servers, which are vastly unregulated and poorly maintained with low "rates" (slow gathering materials and taming dinosaurs), and there are unofficial, private servers that can be either amazing or horrible depending on who runs them.

PVE means nobody can attack you or harass you, though there are still minor ways to screw with people. You can, however, declare a mutual war on someone. They have to agree. Then your two "tribes" (basically in-game clans) can freely attack each other.

PVP, depending on the server and its rules, can range from completely unregulated shit-shows, to organized, gentlemanly and mature scenarios where people are generally very reasonable. Unofficial servers also can have mods that protect your base while you're offline. Our server is both mature and has one of those mods.

There are also a wealth of workshop mods that servers can incorporate, that change the game considerably.

Lastly, you can also play single player or host local servers. The performance will be much worse though, as wild dinosaurs "activate" when you're near them and it is quite draining on the CPU and RAM, on top of an already power-hungry game.

4. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 28, 2016, 21:05 Rhett

I'd say definitely worth it for $15 too. Cheapest I've seen it. I've helped run a server for the past year now, as well. So many bugs, but still fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ARKFreehotdogs

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Details
2. Re: Diablo III Patch Details Jul 27, 2016, 14:23 Rhett

Well, it's still a considerable amount of fun. And there's Grim Dawn and PoE for those who want to go hardcore into stats and min maxing...

It really needs an expansion or a sequel, though.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Video
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Video Jul 26, 2016, 23:41 Rhett

Glad to see someone isn't trashing on WD1 here... I enjoyed it, too. Just needed proper co-op out of the gate (never tried the DLC), though I need to reinstall it...  

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
3. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 26, 2016, 20:05 Rhett

Meanwhile I was completely content with Ana before.. now she feels like a monster.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Rewards
3. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Rewards Jul 20, 2016, 20:53 Rhett

They need to add something worth doing... New content. New expansion. New characters. People are complaining there's less and less to look forward to every season.

I still want my god damn necromancer!

News Comments > Overwatch Adds New Character
18. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 20, 2016, 06:17 Rhett

Been playing Ana as my new main, and I love it. I cringe at all the new Anas just sitting back and sniping, and not healing, though. There are a LOT.

Played one brawl where there were 3 Anas on the other team, all sniping (damage + ults for the most part) ... it cost them the game, to say the least.

News Comments > Dead Rising to Rise on PCs
7. Re: Dead Rising to Rise on PCs Jul 19, 2016, 14:28 Rhett

Because Dead Rising 2 and 3 went over so well on PC...  

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
3. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 7, 2016, 00:16 Rhett

A polished turd.. so on..  

767 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo