Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 756 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December
5. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 18:29 Rhett

Still looks really cool and overdue, though... Guess we'll have to wait and see.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hitman Rollout Detailed
3. Re: Hitman Rollout Detailed Sep 29, 2015, 18:26 Rhett

So... early access, without calling it early access... This is kinda weird. I don't like Square Enix though.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 26, 2015, 12:36 Rhett

Depressing. People can't look past immediate minor issues and see the big picture. Actually makes me a little sad that's even an article. As if flaunting it at Sonic, hoping for even lower prices.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access
2. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access Sep 23, 2015, 21:11 Rhett

While I agree, it does look a lot better than the early gameplay they showed. Still a ways to go though... Ubisoft's gonna fuck it up like they manage to with most games, I'm sure.

Looking forward to the... 4-day long closed "beta" with staggered invites despite guaranteed beta access. Grand. Gonna try it at least.

News Comments > Overwatch Video Overload
2. Re: Overwatch Video Overload Sep 22, 2015, 20:28 Rhett

I'm just sick of all these videos. Let people play already!  

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month
6. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 16:09 Rhett

PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 12:21:
NOW GET THESE FUCKING COUPONS OUT OF MY STEAM INVENTORY

Yessssss. Gave this shitty game to everyone I know that didn't have it, and I still have like 7 of these shits in my inventory...

On a similar note, I got Dying Light recently after they both released a demo, and significantly improved performance from launch, and it's quite awesome. A lot better than Dead Island, but clearly based off of it. I believe Techland made, or had their hand in, Dead Island, but branched off on their own. Soon, they're coming out with a new DLC called The Following, that adds what appears to be a significant amount of content (including a new, completely different zone/terrain).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 18:46 Rhett

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 17:49:
Rhett wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:41:
Absolutely despise these ISPs today, but...

I did contact TWC's support twitter telling them I'm about to cancel because of my high bill ($150/mo for basic cable and 15mbit down/3mbit up internet) and they lowered it by $50 for a year. From one tweet. So if anyone's dealing with a similar bill, I recommend doing that.

Albeit you have to create a twit account (which can be a throwaway! it doesn't have to be tied to your main emails or anything)

120 down/25 up; with OTA channels on a cable box + HBO/HBOGO; $60/mo. Xfinity can be surprisingly easy to haggle down. You just have to find the right person to talk to. If someone can't give you better deal, keep calling until you find someone that will.

Damn, that's pretty nice. I didn't actually get to talk to anyone for this one, though. And I believe they can't/won't change your promo deal until it's over.

I'd honestly cancel cable TV if it weren't for other people in the house. I imagine TWC would charge a similar price for just internet because they're gigantic assholes though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 16:41 Rhett

Absolutely despise these ISPs today, but...

I did contact TWC's support twitter telling them I'm about to cancel because of my high bill ($150/mo for basic cable and 15mbit down/3mbit up internet) and they lowered it by $50 for a year. From one tweet. So if anyone's dealing with a similar bill, I recommend doing that.

Albeit you have to create a twit account (which can be a throwaway! it doesn't have to be tied to your main emails or anything)

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode Next Week
10. Re: New GTA Online Mode Next Week Sep 11, 2015, 01:10 Rhett

Can't wait to see how little RP and money you get for these, too... And also what the status is for the online PC multiplayer regarding cheaters. :/  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
10. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 19:45 Rhett

jimnms wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 18:45:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 16:43:
Although the cynic in me wants to take a couple shots at the the "regular updates" and "DLC" sections, the fanboy in me is winning the battle and all I can really say is...

GIVE ME THE DAMN GAME ALREADY.

The cynical fanboy in me is saying this will be the worst Fallout yet. So far from what I've seen, voiced protagonist and limited dialog options, it looks like Fallout 4 will be more FPS like and less of an RPG.

I have to agree. It looks less sandbox-y, less random, more linearly-aimed. I'm not excited for it... Way more excited for XCOM 2!

News Comments > Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans
1. Re: Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 8, 2015, 17:20 Rhett

Ooooh, sweet. I really wanted to get into this on consoles but it had so many issues that come with Japan-developed games. Weird fonts, silly menus, black bars across the screen at all times... I hope it's improved for PC.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Sep 4, 2015, 08:18 Rhett

Ooh, I've been wanting to try this for a while now.  

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
13. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 23:53 Rhett

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 22:56:
nin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 21:40:
Playing through Ground Zeroes again tonight - forgot how beautiful this game is. Hell of an engine.

Remember, the folks you save are supposed to be on Mother Base, once you import your game save to Phantom Pain!

How will that work though?

Anyone who played Ground Zeroes should go in-game before playing and Upload Save Data. This new feature was added to the main menu just yesterday, I believe.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February Aug 31, 2015, 20:45 Rhett

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:43:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:18:
This Augment Your Preorder is bullshit.

It makes me wonder if Mankind divided will be a huge piece of shit and they're trying to get their money back in pre-orders before the reviews come out.

That's always possible, but it's from the same guys who made DE:HR, and they built up a massive amount of goodwill with that game. They'd be stupid to squander it with a shit sequel buried in pre-order BS (and that's of course the publisher's decision, not theirs.)

Then again... Square Enix.... Eugh.

What a weird friggin' preorder bonus setup.

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
5. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 20:41 Rhett

I feel like some ridiculously out of touch executive is responsible for this. "Piracy is a massive profit loss! I don't even want a megabyte of data out there for PC users!" ... So then we have no preload (for up to potentially 25GB worth of download, hopefully less), and practically a blank disc.

And yet we have console players who got it early via broken street dates all over the world, at the very least one week early, not to mention pirated copies.

And then there's the ridiculous Steam release time snafu where the community manager swore up and down it was 100% accurate that it was coming a day early, August 31st at 8AM Eastern (midnight New Zealand time), also gets a little snobby at people for asking for clarification, then Konami overrides that with an official midnight release time. Yeesh. Fuckin' Konami...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC & Patch Plans
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC & Patch Plans Aug 30, 2015, 21:12 Rhett

Yeah, I think they Mass Effect'd it up too much... but I really like it. I recently played a bit of the MP again, which still has major glaring issues, but pretty cool.

There's some uniquely cool stuff in the game, like how Shield Wall for tanks can be used to parry attacks (and is very skill-based), or skill combos, but I feel like they half-assed the multiplayer (even after a year) sadly. ME3 co-op was freakin' cool, they need to realize how important they made their co-op multiplayer after ME3.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
25. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 19:17 Rhett

So I've played this.. and it's alright, but not quite what I was expecting. Also fairly hard. I'm gonna give it another try though.

How does it compare gameplay-wise to Shadowrun though? I've wanted to try Shadowrun but really don't want to get into the lore/story etc. I've heard that it's heavily story-oriented, meanwhile I want to focus on the action and my squad, like in XCOM.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
3. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 18:24 Rhett

Awwwww ... That was my 2nd most anticipated game this year, just behind MGS 5

Well, they'll use the time wisely. The game looks awesome so far.

This only makes the wait for MGS 5 even harder...

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Aug 28, 2015, 04:53 Rhett

Haha. I'm also surprised no co-op, after those people put in so much effort and made that mod, and it was well-received.  

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
15. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 17:44 Rhett

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 14:53:

...so....a bonafide mobile game that I can play from the comfort of my PC? No thank you.

Well, it's entirely optional. The main "fun point" of it is supposed to be infiltrating another player's base, as each base will be different.

Here's a bunch of gameplay primarily about Mother Base, with the latter portion being all about FOBs (and showcasing a PVP encounter in full).

756 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo