Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 977 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2017, 12:14 Rhett

I don't have a facebook (or ANY other social media), or I don't use it.. I wonder what they'd do, then? Am I gonna be put on a list? heh.

This seems so asinine all around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
17. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:01 Rhett

nVidia didn't put out drivers specifically for the game, but the newest drivers as of the beta being up definitely fixed a few problems and improved performance for both me and my friend. Don't normally update unless there's a glaring issue.

I just hope it really polishes up, or the beta was a much older build. It didn't feel refined enough.

Certainly just on the cusp of greatness though. AI, sound (gun shots sound weak), AI routine changes but the placement doesn't change much. Attack helicopters ("max" wanted level with Unidad) are pretty dumb, too. Just like GTA, repeatedly sends two choppers at you, and extremely hard to get out of that without dying.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 10:07 Rhett

If the beta's any indication, 1440p is not stable at all, even with top end hardware. I was playing smoothly at 40-60 FPS at 1080p with an FX-6350 and a GTX 970, myself.  

News Comments > For Honor Trailer
8. Re: For Honor Trailer Feb 7, 2017, 12:16 Rhett

Yeah the P2P is worrysome, but in the hours and hours I put into the beta, it wasn't a problem. Even got paired up with two guys, one in Indiana, one in Mexico (me being in NC), and despite the guy in Mexico having a high ping ("red bars"), the fights were smooth. I have no idea what kind of technology they're using, but they seem confident in it. The game also keeps things as steady as possible. You will get anything you would have earned from the match, afterwards, if it doesn't just replace any dropped players with bots.

Can't deny their track record, for sure. Ghost Recon REALLY needs some work. I was so much more hyped for GR than For Honor, but now it's done a complete 180 in terms of interest. FH seems really polished IMO.

I personally played with a 360 controller, but my friends all played KB/M and held their own.. Seemed clunky to me, but guess we'll see. Moving the mouse like an analogue stick (literally) is so weird.

Again, though, open beta this weekend! It's gonna have a good portion of all the content in the full game. Probably a good representation, especially the servers.

6. Re: For Honor Trailer Feb 7, 2017, 11:31 Rhett

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 09:20:
It's a flawed combat system that is HEAVILY weighted by equipment you unlock or buy. With the Rock Paper Scissors system they have it's a nice attempt, but you can be 2 on 1'd and be screwed quickly. Best way I can describe it is like The Matrix Online's combat system. The combat defense/response just isn't fast enough for my tastes. In Jedi Outcast/Academy I could hold off 2 attackers pretty well.

Even if the game hit say 15 bucks, I wouldn't purchase it.

1: Gear is only "enabled" in the 4v4 modes (Elimination and Domination). Same with Feats, unless it's a custom game. Gear is purely cosmetic in 2v2 and 1v1. Gear mostly just lets your tailor your character to how you want to play (more stamina/drain enemy stamina/do more damage through blocks etc).

2: I thought the same with 2v1, until I read up on what exactly Revenge Mode does. It builds up quickly in a 2v1 situation, versus a 1v1. Revenge mode makes it so:

Your parry will knock down your opponent, leaving them open to one or more attacks.

You do more damage and get an extra half of your full health (temporarily) to help survive.

Your attacks cannot be interrupted. (normally whoever hits first, minus certain special attacks, cancels the others' attacks)

I believe (not 100% on this) your guard breaks are un-counterable, so you could potentially toss someone off the map during the frenzy.

Also, outside of Revenge Mode, when you block any attack from any angle, you block all other attacks within a small window (I think 0.5 seconds?).

I look forward to wrecking some people now that I know this stuff.

I, too, played Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy and had tons of fun with them and dueling, but I really enjoy For Honor as well.

(edit: responding to nin as well, sorry for the mass of text haha.)

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 09:26:
How easy is it to ring out (knock off the cliff) folks? Is there a penalty? I watched a video of a guy doing it left and right, and assumed anyone playing him hated him.

It is annoying, but it's bottom level of play. It's easy in that it's a button and a flick of a stick/movement button, however it's fairly easily countered. For most characters, being hit by any attack instantly stops the animation/grab/charge/whatever, and light attacks are quite fast on most characters. Also, when you counter this, you knock them back so much so that they can fall out of the map! Quite hilarious.

I played at least a good 50 matches of 2v2, maybe more, during the last beta, and we encountered nobody that specifically made it their purpose to do that. I have seen the videos too, and it is sorta appalling, but it's something you can predict/counter/dodge out of once you play enough. Certain characters do a "bull rush" and glow orange, everyone else it's a simple "guard break" which is countered by hitting the same button.

3. Re: For Honor Trailer Feb 7, 2017, 08:51 Rhett

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 01:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:55:
Just not the Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy melee combat game I was looking for.

How does it compare to Chivalry?

This compares more to a fighting game, as each "hero" has its own moveset... but this moveset is much easier to pull off than traditional fighting games. There's a lot more reaction involved, due to 3-sided blocking/attacks, parries (which open the enemy up to attacks), guard breaks (grabs, basically), and deflects (very fancy parries that let you immediately hit the enemy.. but this is only for the most agile characters). Also there are feints.

Chivalry just has parries and feints, and a lot of glitchy abusiveness last I heard. Enjoyed it nonetheless, but this game will probably kill Chivalry, or force them to innovate, I'd say. Even for someone who has never been able to get into fighting games (myself), I'm looking forward to giving For Honor my all. Had so much fun in the beta.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
10. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 6, 2017, 23:08 Rhett

Personally never had any issue with how the game looked before.. it's a beautiful game... But at least the reqs are bogus. 58GB is in the "I'm absolutely serious about giving this game a lot of time in the future" category, haha.  

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
6. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 6, 2017, 22:56 Rhett

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:52:
Gold sellers and gold farmers will have a field day

I don't know, ever since the end of the previous expansion you've been able to redeem gold for tokens. Some people even saved up over a dozen tokens (due to gold being very easy to get until this last expansion).

This is more of.. keeping the money flowing within their own games. Now you can play WoW, or are kept more "interested" in playing WoW, to earn more gold, to get a token to redeem for more WoW time, to play and make more gold, to get a token to redeem for "free" (lol) Overwatch boxes.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing
5. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 4, 2017, 02:43 Rhett

Sorry haha, those keys are hard to come by it seems.  

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing
1. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 3, 2017, 21:23 Rhett

This game is awful. The beta too.. this really should have been a closed beta test, not a public demo. It looks cool, but it has so many issues...

Here's a steam key for the beta (Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3) if anyone wants it: WQZD2-@YA27-Q6B@P (replace '@' with 'X')

Meanwhile, Ghost Recon is badass!

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Feb 2, 2017, 22:28 Rhett

During a beta for Wildlands, after a beta of For Honor, during the Rainbow Six Siege or whatever-the-hell Invitational event... I bet people who got tickets are quite flustered lol.

Oh, also during the beta for (and this one kinda baffles me), Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3. Same days as GR:W. Pretty busy weekend!

News Comments > For Honor Season Pass and Free DLC Revealed
1. Re: For Honor Season Pass and Free DLC Revealed Feb 2, 2017, 21:44 Rhett

Legitimately tempted to get this season pass... Game is so fun. And I hate fighting games!  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 and Shadow Warrior 2 Crossover
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 and Shadow Warrior 2 Crossover Jan 31, 2017, 21:19 Rhett

It's basically cop-killing simulator. Much more so than GTA. Cop-killing horde mode for the most part.

Not sure why they're mixing the two though... Love Shadow Warrior, but hate PAYDAY.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content
12. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content Jan 31, 2017, 17:41 Rhett

It's actually a pretty sweet game, but it has so many underlying issues, and the devs are far more concerned with content than long term fixes sadly.

Used to run a very popular server for most of last year (it was up for a year), but a lot of the back-end stuff requires 3rd party apps and buggy coding to make it work. Simple admin support was very limited. Dunno about now, but according to the patch notes, it's not much better.

Also all of the DLC stuff is usable without the DLC. That's mostly to play on a new island specifically with DLC stuff. Admins can still modify their servers to use these dinos (and everyone can play with them) without the DLC. But that depends on the server and admins.

This jetpack stuff though... Yikes. Game already has a huge time investment if you're serious about the game, and these things will create some nasty PVP scenarios I think. It was hard enough balancing PVP on our server because of all the shit devs keep putting in, but this looks pretty bad.

7. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Jan 31, 2017, 00:14 Rhett

I wish they would add more to the co-op. It's been completely ignored since launch, besides the new maps (and usable operators I guess).  

2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Jan 30, 2017, 21:36 Rhett

Why though? haha. There's a closed beta for Ghost Recon: Wildlands that starts Friday through the weekend... Then For Honor's open beta after that.. Weird timing. Also the R6 event/invitational/whatever the hell during the Ghost Recon beta.  

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
13. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 27, 2017, 18:14 Rhett

Bumpy wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 17:35:
I don't get the popularity of this toon game.

Why the mass appeal?

A great blend of FPS, MOBA-esque hero abilities, and plenty of skill ceiling, I gather. Plus the characters, maps, performance etc are all on point. It's a $40 game that has really good content, free map releases, zero "pay to win" (though it does have "loot boxes" you can get for cosmetics), constant patching, no paid characters to buy (all free, forever)...

Though I admit I haven't played in months, but it appeals to a LOT of people.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week
10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 25, 2017, 23:48 Rhett

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 21:40:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 21:31:
Rhett wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:46:
Farcry: Ghost Recon,

yeh exactly - lookin forward to this one for sure

might be one of those rare day one purchase.. beta will tell me more

Only issues I really came across that bugged me was no cover system like The Division, and vehicles driving was a little wonky (like Sleeping Dogs), so if the Beta holds up will be a day 1 purchase.

There is a "light" cover system at least. Your character visibly lightly attaches to cover/walls, but yeah, there's no visual indicator to go cover to cover or anything.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week
5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 25, 2017, 20:46 Rhett

Lots of good videos and stuff on the subreddit for anyone looking for more info/gameplay:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/

TL;DR looks a lot like GTA: Bolivia, or Farcry: Ghost Recon, haha. Still very pumped for it.

I imagine we'll know next week if we got into the beta. Beta invites also come with 3 friend invites as well, just like For Honor.

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
5. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 00:58 Rhett

Eh... similar note, I went and opened my one free box for the event, and got 500 credits and a lunar Ana skin (purple), so that was worthwhile at least.

Haven't actually played the game in months, just log in for these free boxes haha.

977 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo