Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 796 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2015, 10:14 Rhett

Oh man. Woody and Buzz Lightyear re-skins for Preston and Danse! Hilarious.

Also, companion spoilers for that FO4 video.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 30, 2015, 09:04 Rhett

Gadzooks wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 12:07:
I had stopped using newegg after they refused to take a return from me. I had switched to tigerdirect which was much more customer service friendly.

Well, there goes that idea.

Use Amazon!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 27, 2015, 16:06 Rhett

"The Scene" ... the "Esports Scene". The people you don't really even want to touch with a stick, that pay hundreds of dollars for shitty weapon skins. :/

It is really cool and well-made, but I didn't enjoy it. That CGI trailer they made with the fight in the museum was really cool, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqnKB22pOC0

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
22. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 21:46 Rhett

Bishi wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 21:40:
Jesus, guys get over yourselves.
It's a simple caching error, any complex system always has flaws, nothing is perfect and blaming their 'professional incompetence' is retarded.
It was a short term error unrelated to other issues so don't bother with the endless speculation of x game was crap recently so it was this patch standard bs.
None of your information is ever truly safe online so stop having a hissy fit and deal with it.

I have to agree. A lot of people over-reacted. If it was more serious, it would have been announced and treated as such. Steam would have been completely shut down, I'm sure.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Winter Wonderland
6. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Winter Wonderland Dec 24, 2015, 06:28 Rhett

It's primarily GPU-based for sure. I went from a 1GB 7850 to a 4GB 970 and it made a night and day difference.

But yeah, performance isn't great. Just released a major patch that supposedly improved it, but didn't see much in the way of gains myself (but it's plenty playable, 90 FPS if I'm not in someone's base)

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Winter Wonderland
3. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Winter Wonderland Dec 23, 2015, 20:11 Rhett

It's kinda fun and personal taming dinosaurs. I admin for a friend's server (Free Hotdogs it's called) and that's one of the biggest things that I see. People have real attachment to some dinosaurs that they tame. And taming can take hours to do.

It's pretty, and it has a lot of dinosaurs, and it has an OK building system. That's about it, I guess. It's neat, though.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
3. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 22, 2015, 20:06 Rhett

It is a fun game, but they should just move on already. It's had a fantastic run (since the AH was taken out), but it needs more features. And necromancers, dammit. Screw the witch doctor!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015 Dec 22, 2015, 09:49 Rhett

Still no snow on PC.

It better not be for a damn day! I'd rather have the ability to just toggle it on. You can mod it, but then you risk being banned. Awesome.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer Dec 21, 2015, 19:00 Rhett

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 18:36:
Yeah but are there more than three base gun models which do the same amount of damage regardless of your level?

I know for sure there's at least an SMG and a shotgun in this DLC, but I hope there's plenty more...

And this does sound awfully grindy, but I was also worried about hitting "max level" and not really having anything to look forward to, as well.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
7. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 19, 2015, 00:05 Rhett

I have four codes, but I'd prefer against posting them here. I have nobody to really give them to, so if anyone wants one just let me know... I don't know if there's a private message function on Blue's?

Edit: Sent "mail" to Half-Elf with a key.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Dec 18, 2015, 18:38 Rhett

Interesting promo, but I can't say the game's worth it. It was fun, but all the server issues that lasted from beta onward left such a sour taste in my mouth that I'm over the game already. :/  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend Dec 18, 2015, 18:33 Rhett

Considering it's already 25% off, one month after release.. I feel like this one didn't do very well. They usually NEVER have sales, especially not this early.  

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
9. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 17, 2015, 21:22 Rhett

Always seemed like such a cool and good game, but I had trouble getting into it on consoles due to the letterboxing and crappy frame rates. I'm really anxious to see this at 60 FPS at decent resolutions. The steam screenshots look much better than gameplay in the trailer.

Yet another game I'm looking forward to in 2016! That's Homeworld + Dragon's Dogma in January, XCOM 2 in February, probably missing something else, then The Division (half-heartedly) in.. April?

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Next Week?
7. Re: Steam Winter Sale Next Week? Dec 17, 2015, 14:46 Rhett

Pretty sure it will start next week, as these hints are pretty much always spot-on.

But.. I dunno what to buy anymore. This new steam sale method with no flash sales is boring and disengaging.

Do want XCOM 2 already!

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
17. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 16, 2015, 20:53 Rhett

Well, I do love these awesome looking phantom games that just suddenly reappear and look badass.

Just like that new Independence Day trailer, lol.

Can't wait to check this out!

News Comments > DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed
11. Re: DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed Dec 16, 2015, 00:42 Rhett

Plus it's probably the best looking PC game I've played. I don't know if it's the filters or what, but most screenshots look like someone went and took an actual photograph. It's quite good looking.

Played it recently but ran into a game-destroying bug (couldn't load the game), but what I did play was considerably improved. In fact, it has one or two features that ARMA 3 should have (shoulder-swapping).

However, I do wish they'd retire this engine and start over with ARMA 4/whatever else. ARMA 3/DayZ are amazing if the framerate is up to par. Actually, I believe DayZ actually ran quite well last time I played it, too. Possibly because they temporarily removed zombies.

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Early Access
5. Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Early Access Dec 14, 2015, 18:39 Rhett

It does look cool, AND they got the original VAs. Just wish it wasn't Nexon... ugh.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2015, 17:03 Rhett

A little sad Siege is up there on the list... It's had some pretty bad server issues that existed since Beta, some horrible weapon skins (not tactical or Rainbow 6-like at all.. in fact VERY FEW actual decent skins), and yet Steam forums are glowing about it.

I got mine for free (GPU bundle), but for the content in it I'd feel so gipped if I had bought it.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 18:37 Rhett

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 17:23:
Rhett wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 17:00:
Isn't the download massive? like 80gb?

Yeah, no thanks... not in a weekend.

About half of that, dude. I got 45.6GB folder size here.

I do want to try it, but that would take like 6 hours just to grab it, using all my bandwidth.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 17:00 Rhett

Isn't the download massive? like 80gb?

Yeah, no thanks... not in a weekend.

796 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo