Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG Launches
16. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 16:01 Rhett

It's definitely weird.. it's so popular because there's nothing else like it (besides Fortnite, which has its own issues.. mostly being a cartoony mess - and the ARMA 3 mod), yet people put up with some pretty insane issues.

I will say I haven't seen an obvious cheater in the past week, which is a plus. Was super common before. Probably just lucky.

Will be even better when the Chinese are segregated instead of lagging around in other servers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG Launches
12. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 15:03 Rhett

It's the game everyone loves to hate right now... Whether you play it or not.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2017, 04:56 Rhett

Er... I have a 970 and an FX 6300 and I get at minimum 60 FPS since the last several patches (often closer to 75 average, even in the biggest towns, capping at 100ish). On both maps. 1080p, 100% screen scale (120 makes no difference though). So don't need a 1060...

Maybe if you had worse than a 9 series? Definitely could see needing a 10 series if you go beyond 1080p though.

Personally got maybe 5 FPS out of these drivers, YMMV. Ran well before them.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced Dec 20, 2017, 00:27 Rhett

I figure we won't see a GOTY pack until WH3 comes out (it's supposed to be a trilogy IIRC). So hold onto your wallets!

I also tried getting into TWH2 (loved TWH 1) but the new map and minor changes just totally floored me for some reason. I think the jungle was too cheery for me, for the setting.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies
3. Re: Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies Dec 19, 2017, 23:04 Rhett

Huh, cool that it's still alive. I actually really liked WD1. Besides gameplay improvements, WD2 is just a massive cringefest though.

WoC, AC4 and WD1 for free, if you haven't played them... that's quite a steal!

News Comments > Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie
5. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 15:55 Rhett

I mean.. compared to Ubisoft's complete butchering of Ghost Recon Wildlands and its cosmetic/extra DLC... ugh. $15 for A GUN. A single gun. $20 to look like The Predator. WTF.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns
11. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 15:54 Rhett

Rhialto wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 12:33:
I've got a code with my new video card, I don't want to activate it because I'm not interested in that game. Suggestions? I know if I sell/trade the person needs to have a 1080 or 1080 Ti.

I used to do all my code dealings on www.cheapassgamer.com - I've personally never been scammed, as usually the highest "rep" person goes first. Maybe you can trade it for another game that requires one of those cards?

News Comments > PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 00:20 Rhett

Yeah... PU has made some dumb statements, but the game became an overnight worldwide sensation, so I'm sure a lot of people with overnight success would make an ass of themselves at one point.

All we should care about is if the game is improving, and it is (according to the test server) - though I do hope the rubberbanding and tick rate are resolved. FPS has gone through the roof lately, after starting out terribly.

News Comments > H1Z1 Free Week Underway
4. Re: H1Z1 Free Week Underway Dec 14, 2017, 20:42 Rhett

Yeah.. I mean, I've heard so many bad things, and the community looks incredibly toxic... like up in the LoL levels. This also looks console-shooter-esque arcadey. At least PUBG has ARMA roots and at least a semblance of realism.  

News Comments > The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands
6. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:57 Rhett

Task wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 23:42:
Really strange. Why not make it 4v1? And a permanent game mode. Is the Predator a player or an AI boss?

It's an SP/co-op event, so it will be an AI. Most likely you'll head around the map finding clues about it or investigating it, and have to battle it. Probably like the Yeti thing they had, where you track down a sniper in the snow... but that was pretty anticlimactic.

This looks cool though. Sucks it's a limited time event.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Jungle Storm Update Next Week
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Jungle Storm Update Next Week Dec 8, 2017, 18:13 Rhett

To be fair it does seem like a cool and unique mode, but yeah, I agree. The playerbase isn't sticking (probably because it came out so late, and it's a PVE game...)

I know there's a PVE patch coming soon, no word on contents however.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Enters The Laboratory Next Week
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Enters The Laboratory Next Week Dec 8, 2017, 14:14 Rhett

Holy cow that looks crazy. Imagine if the games are of that scale by default in the future...  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Version 1.0 This Month; New Miramar Trailer
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Version 1.0 This Month; New Miramar Trailer Dec 8, 2017, 14:12 Rhett

Miramar is also up on the test server. It's a pretty decent map, but it gives me PTSD with how many angles you can be shot from.. especially in dense areas.

Runs way better than Erangel (original map) too.

News Comments > Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game
11. Re: Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game Dec 8, 2017, 09:04 Rhett

First time I've noticed a delay from a big publisher in ages... I remember when delays happened frequently, because the game wasn't up to their standards.

Anyone's guess what this one's about (with ubi's track record), but we can dream!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 2, 2017, 13:38 Rhett

Beware: loud mic screeching partway through..

Really not that special of a video, though.

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
2. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 10:51 Rhett

Say what you will, but it's not been abandoned, and the latest major patches have been pretty big (and good) changes. Albeit very slow.  

News Comments > PUBG Map Reveal Next Week
3. Re: PUBG Map Reveal Next Week Nov 30, 2017, 17:41 Rhett

This one looks to be more middle-eastern feeling, or Mexico desert-esque, I guess. Reminds me of ARMA kinda. Can't wait. Looks really dense with buildings too.  

News Comments > PUBG Map Reveal Next Week
1. Re: PUBG Map Reveal Next Week Nov 30, 2017, 13:39 Rhett

Gah, I thought for sure it'd be on the test server.  

News Comments > Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans
9. Re: Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans Nov 30, 2017, 05:19 Rhett

Seems like some good changes in the right direction.

For those on the fence, not gonna lie, the story is ridiculously dumb. It is, however, a good and fun romp with friends, at least for a while. It's sorta like Borderlands without the humor, but has a more serious tone (and much, much better gunplay).

Was hyped for the DLC a week or two ago, but now probably not getting it unless I see some astounding stuff. Supposedly Destiny 1 DLC hit it out of the park (at one point anyway?).

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
36. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 16:57 Rhett

I guess they just don't get it... If they were listening, there wouldn't be microtransaction gouging in the first place.

Doesn't matter though, because as I understand, the game still has major lag/rubberbanding issues since beta, the campaign is a short piece of garbage that makes no sense, and the saber combat looks and feels so damn tacky.

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo