Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1419 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed
5. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 15:05 Rhett

I think there were at least two people that dropped out of a recent fortnite tournament due to this thing, too, wasn't there?

Vaguely related, but I was kinda disgusted seeing an ad for a new skin bundle for fortnite on youtube (on roku, adblock all the way!). 60 seconds of one picture showcasing a new paid skin bundle for that garbage. Probably mostly intended for kids.

Not sure why I'm surprised, when Epic keeps lowering the bar every week.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld Trailer and Announcement Tease
3. Re: Homeworld Trailer and Announcement Tease Aug 21, 2019, 13:14 Rhett

Happy to see a potential sequel, but yeah... No buy if EGS.

Deserts of Kharak came out only 3 years ago eh? Hmm. I figured longer.

News Comments > Path of Exile Blight Announced
3. Re: Path of Exile Blight Announced Aug 20, 2019, 22:17 Rhett

I love seeing their massive patches and expansions, wish I could get into the game. Just don't like the economy/always online no mod support/timed seasonal content.

They do put out some really interesting stuff though. Might have to take another stab.

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Released
5. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Released Aug 20, 2019, 13:48 Rhett

Yeah, I got two boss fights in before I stopped (2 hour timer on Steam, waiting for friends to try it). Solo, it seemed doable, but the amount of enemies definitely feels 2-player-oriented. Not sure if there's even more in coop though.

Fun and polished game, at least.

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
3. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 14:58 Rhett

This sounds like it's going to be really fun! Fighting over people for quest mobs every single day.  

News Comments > THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row
4. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 11:17 Rhett

I definitely played IV the least.

They took it a little too over the top. I loved it more as a far-less-serious GTA, but still fairly grounded.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
2. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 11:33 Rhett

I believe The Division 2 had it, but it was really fucked up from what I was reading. I recall people having to download it multiple times (some issue with it being on EGS but requiring UPlay... WHY NOT JUST BUY IT ON UPLAY?) at the very least.

But yeah, this is practically the store's flagship release, and they drop yet another ball.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Gears 5
9. Re: Gone Gold - Gears 5 Aug 10, 2019, 08:55 Rhett

MattyC wrote on Aug 10, 2019, 01:48:
Rhett wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 21:19:
A lot of PC owners haven't been able to play for over a year

Explain.

Horde and co-op are really the only reasons I love Gears, but they regularly deliver on those fronts and as long as I stick with those two modes I have fun. At any rate, what issues are you having? Like you can't play at all? I haven't seen or heard anything quite like that.

It's typically referred to as the "black screen crash" or "black screen after logo". There's lots of supposed fixes, but myself and two other people I know both tried everything we could find and couldn't get it working, and it's been a problem for a long time. Devs acknowledged it, said they were working with NVidia, and then nothing changed and it was never brought up again.

Some of the things you even have to do to "fix" it are absurd, like start downloading another app or game from the Microsoft store, or redownload the game (it's 120GB! and there's no 'verify' option like on Steam or other launchers). I haven't personally been able to play since the first year the game launched. People with 10-series cards apparently have even more problems, though I have a 970.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Gears 5
3. Re: Gone Gold - Gears 5 Aug 9, 2019, 21:19 Rhett

Better be supported better than Gears 4! A lot of PC owners haven't been able to play for over a year, being completely ignored by the devs. Some issue came up after a certain Nvidia driver, forcing you to use an ancient driver just to play.  

News Comments > Morning Multiplex
8. Re: Morning Multiplex Aug 8, 2019, 17:49 Rhett

Looks awesome, can't wait to see what they've added!  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Eden-6 and FL4K Trailers
2. Re: Borderlands 3 Eden-6 and FL4K Trailers Aug 8, 2019, 17:48 Rhett

If what I read is true, they (Gearbox) intend to add more skill trees or active skills or something, instead of new characters, which sounds disappointing.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Seems Valve is cracking down on abuse of Steam’s ‘Upcoming Releases’ section… Aug 8, 2019, 00:25 Rhett

Good. Some games like Armored Battle Crew abused this for months, and was consistently on the "upcoming games" list. So much so it was suspicious, and called out by some people on the forums even.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2019, 12:35 Rhett

What difficulty though? I played it in co-op on Hard for most of it. First boss was a little weird, agreed, but things tended to smooth out after that.

I also admit I haven't really dived into the other recent Wolfenstein games (yet - I've been preferring to play coop-oriented games for a while), so I guess I have less bias or much of a standard set there.

But, to return to difficulty, about halfway through the game we were one-shotting most enemies, even minibosses. Only thing that really gave us trouble and felt spongey at that point was the final boss, which was a pain in the ass.

I guess the previous games also didn't have this soft/hard armor system with counters, either? Though, besides being annoyed at switching weapons fairly frequently, I didn't have major issues with it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2019, 11:00 Rhett

People acting like it's the worst game in ages. Jesus, such clickbait. For $25 it was a pretty decent co-op rampage. I enjoyed the main characters/humor, the gunplay, and the level design. Exploding and melting nazis never gets old. The giblets really paint the environment.

I do wish it had more diversified guns, and more reason to keep playing/replay it, but oh well. And supposedly all Wolfenstein games going forward will have MP?

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Trailer
11. Re: The Outer Worlds Trailer Aug 4, 2019, 00:29 Rhett

necrosis wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 00:27:
Anyone else weirded out by the 'look streight at the person you are talking to who is centered perfectly on the screen always at the same zoom level'?

It is one of the many aspects that screams indie dev... but it is not.

And most of them barely even move their head! It's a little creepy, makes them all feel like robots. I'm sure it'll be an okay game at the worst, but I'm definitely not hyped from the gameplay.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Released
2. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Released Jul 25, 2019, 20:20 Rhett

Put just over 6 hours in, in co-op, and I think it's worth it. Just trying something a little different, but it's extremely polished, well optimized, and just a nazi-disemboweling good time. I would probably only play with a friend though.

One boss down out of, at least 3 known in the story. I could see at least one more, nevermind post-endgame content.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer
11. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer Jul 24, 2019, 16:14 Rhett

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 15:54:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 13:53:
Looks good; it's also on sale for pre-release on GreenmanGaming for $24.89... not a full standalone game or something? I have not been keeping track of the development that much, I guess they weren't planning on the full $60 pricetag?
It's $29.99US on steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056960/Wolfenstein_Youngblood/

Currently $25 on Green Man Gaming too, and also comes with some free stuff, a free game, and an additional 15% off coupon for anything that's part of the sale (but not preorders or upcoming/super recent releases).

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2019, 23:35 Rhett

Regardless of the... staggering amount of issues, it's still incredibly fun to play. I don't know why, but it really hooks me and my friends. It does some things right, like base building (for the most part) and is just generally fun to play. But then you get severe bugs, made worse by patches intended to fix them, ironically.

Really good idea but very, very poorly implemented and handled. Not as bad as Anthem, but fairly close. Games as a service mixed with incompetence or laziness... yikes. It's really too bad. Under all the bugs, there's some fun to be had. It's just highly unlikely they'll be able to polish it well enough with their current team or resources.

News Comments > Uplay+ Game List
2. Re: Uplay+ Game List Jul 16, 2019, 21:36 Rhett

Yeah, weird choice. I've been buying a lot of Ubisoft games lately, and really enjoy them generally. Just not sure it's worth the $15/mo unless you really only play a game for a month or so and never again.

Side note, seems like with the free trial you get access to at least GR: Breakpoint's beta around September 5th.

If anyone gets into it (UP+) and hasn't played AC:Odyssey, I would highly recommend it. I hadn't played one since AC:Brotherhood and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got it for free from that Google streaming dealy, but it was worth buying IMO.

News Comments > Killsquad Early Access
1. Re: Killsquad Early Access Jul 16, 2019, 17:19 Rhett

Looks cool, but all signs point to waiting for several months for more content. Sounds more action-oriented (MOBA leveling, not many slots to equip) than RPG oriented, and supposedly the level selection is limited.

Hopefully pans out well though. Good reviews so far.

1419 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo