Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1034 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ironsight Aims Westward
1. Re: Ironsight Aims Westward Sep 23, 2017, 16:15 Rhett

It's like Call of Duty: Advanced Brink Warfare... weird...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
3. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 10:17 Rhett

Except PUBG did all of it way, way better. It has ARMA roots. H1Z1 is just a twitchy gimmickfest, and Fortnite's just too arcadey with questionable mechanics (forced third person, base building(??) and traps (??).

The key here is one is a really good game that's grounded and the main guy behind it has ARMA roots. The other two are just not nearly as quality (or at least, Fortnite is a very weird fit).

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 20, 2017, 11:34 Rhett

HAH. Yeah, no, I'm not installing GFE to have a chance to win something. Seems like a desperation move since people appear to be moving away from that software.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video Sep 19, 2017, 11:46 Rhett

I mean it looks awesome, and there's tons and tons of gameplay out of it (on PC even). I think it'll do fine.

Probably won't buy it though, even with those crazy GMG discounts. Too much scummery surrounding this one.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 18, 2017, 23:27 Rhett

Yeah, it's crazy. I can't wait to play through with mods (QOL and otherwise) too, just like XCOM. And also in co-op (solo atm - sole gamer friend is out of town sadly).  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2017, 06:01 Rhett

DOS 2 is so damn good all around. Play it, people! It doesn't even have DRM.

I have no regrets buying it. I haven't played a CRPG in ages, but I love XCOM/XCOM 2, and this is up my alley. I got it for the gameplay especially, but the voice acting/writing is hooking me.

Get it with a friend if possible.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta This Month
1. Re: Ghost Recon: Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta This Month Sep 14, 2017, 01:35 Rhett

Definitely pictured to be a cheatfest, sadly.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 13:06 Rhett

And steal everything... You can get so much money in the first town just by stealing (creatively).

Can't wait for DOS 2 either. Looks like it officially releases sometime tomorrow (Thursday) morning/early afternoon, if I understand correctly (USA).

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 13:05 Rhett

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 11:58:
MacLeod wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 10:37:
I'm confused... Doesn't the ultimate edition already come with the Season Pass?

But you'll get it again! For free!

So, is there ANY kind of offline play in this at all? I mean, for 83% off I'm tempted to get it just to gawk at the maps, but are you even able to do that?

Yes, you can play VS AI in a few modes. Also a horde/co-op mode.

News Comments > Play The Division Free This Weekend
6. Re: Play The Division Free This Weekend Sep 13, 2017, 02:52 Rhett

Yeah, oddly enough the leveling/progressing and all that is pretty good. Weapons all feel usable, and there's consistent progression and a feeling of wanting to get more perks and such. But once you get to 30 and past all of that, health bars and enemies just get so much tankier.

The first bit to 30 was my most enjoyed part of the game though, minus the beta, which was awesome because everyone was on equal footing. (Darkzone)

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
3. Re: Re:Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 11:44 Rhett

Yeah, very scummy. Also the stuff with that developer/producer that passed away and they're selling DLC to help the family.. except any sales out of the US (and also including certain states) go straight to WB and not the family.

Really want(ed) it, but I will not buy it.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer Sep 11, 2017, 09:09 Rhett

Dentorro wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 07:30:
I never got far in the first game, once I arrived in the first? city I was stuck running around talking to people to try and get some quests sorted, if you wandered outside the walls you got smashed to pieces without any chance of winning by some mobs 4-5 lvl's higher then you.

Got bored and quit the game, maybe it just starts slow or I missed something.

It does, that first town is kinda overwhelming. DOS 2 handles it better, less NPCs and more direction, but still lots of nooks and crannies to play with. In DOS 1 if you stepped out the wrong side of town, you end up with much higher level enemies than you can deal with. Can't happen in DOS 2, unless you pick fights where fights are not meant to be picked (yet), though once you get some new spells and some armor you can usually make do with some solid strategy.

DOS 2 is still more of the same, just improved all around (IMO). And 4-player-able. Seems better in co-op, especially to get people into the genre that don't normally play it. Though I got another friend to play it and he constantly got us into fights, lol.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
4. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 10, 2017, 14:43 Rhett

It's very similar gameplay-wise, but more options. Strongest spells now use a resource called "Source", which has various ways of being acquired, but isn't automatically generated in combat or anything.

D:OS 2 also handles quests much better IIRC, with easier to read notes and logs so you can figure out what you should be doing.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 8, 2017, 23:06 Rhett

Frijoles wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 22:21:
I should buy this. I'd probably never play though 'cause I'm a lone wolf (pup).

Solo is great too. No worries about downing people, it's just straight up kills. In team modes, if you "kill" someone, it puts them in down-but-not-out status and they can be revived by team mates, but in solo it's a straight kill.

Plus you can auto-match with squads or a partner, and 90% of the time they're cool. There's bannably-enforced rules about TKing and such, so them being douchebags can cost them.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan
9. Re: Duke Nukem Joins Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Sep 7, 2017, 19:38 Rhett

Poor Duke just won't stop selling out and getting reamed.  

News Comments > Labor Day Metaverse
2. Re: Bitcoin Crashes Sep 4, 2017, 17:09 Rhett

All five people who still use Outlook?  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 21:40 Rhett

The time pressure is just part of the game. It forces you to make tough decisions like "do I want this now, and deal with this problem for the forseeable future? Or do I need to take care of other things before I do this?"

And there are a lot of those. It gives you a lot of power over what can happen, and a lot of decisions to make. WOTC might be a lot to take in if you haven't played a good portion of at least one campaign in regular XCOM 2 though.

Also base mission timers are much more forgiving now. I think they were increased by default, plus there's many ways to affect them in-game. Nevermind modding, and INI editing (super easy).

News Comments > The Division Free Content This Fall
4. Re: The Division Free Content This Fall Aug 31, 2017, 04:05 Rhett

Yeah... I feel like at this point it's an experiment to get the formula right with that kind of game. Or they really poured THAT much money into it that it just has to work and keep a playerbase.  

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
5. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 12:10 Rhett

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:03:
Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 11:50:
$54 for some dlc? Um pass.

54? I paid 32 dollars like 2 days ago. It's 40 bucks retail and will probably go on sale pretty soon.

It's also a 30 gig DLC. There's a lot of content and it probably should be seen as a proper expansion and not just "DLC".

Apparently it's ~$55 retail for Canadians (as opposed to $40 retail for USA, and $30 on sale at GMG). But yeah, tons of content with a big emphasis on replay value.

And it's a "start over" type of DLC. It integrates with the campaign and adds way more stuff to play with. A lot more to do on the strategy layer, more options in battles, and random SITREPs that can change up missions, like having one heavily-buffed soldier instead of a full squad.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2017, 23:04 Rhett

Just way too many of those games. I can't even tell them apart if you say "Paladins" or "Lawbreakers" I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between them and Overwatch.

XCOM 2 expansion looks fantastic though. Still $30 on GMG IIRC. Definitely surprising seeing Quake Champions up there, but I hope it does well.

1034 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo