Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1247 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Insurgency Free on Steam
6. Re: Get Insurgency Free on Steam Aug 14, 2018, 06:27 Rhett

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 03:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:31:
Awesome, just snagged it!

*Goes to add it, already has it. 32 minutes played.*

IIRC there's a way to play this alone with and against bots. It's a pain to implement though (via command line) so I ended up not putting much time into it. I'll get Sandstorm though if they offer offline vs. bots there too.

I don't know about Sandstorm solo with bots, but regular Insurgency has had a 'solo' option for a while - and even supports playing MP modes (or, at least Push) with bots on both teams.

Though, Insurgency's co-op playerbase is actually really friendly and usually quiet, and I personally don't mind playing with them. Sometimes there's one guy, but there's always votekick. Sandstorm's coop is pretty awesome though, much more intense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Insurgency Free on Steam
2. Re: Get Insurgency Free on Steam Aug 13, 2018, 19:41 Rhett

Great game! Especially for quick matches, no matter what you're into (co-op or PVP).  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
10. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 15:50 Rhett

This really sounds like an Amazon/Lamestop/Wherever-it's-listed problem more than a publisher's problem. It's not like the publisher is supposed to get a cut of a private citizen's sale.

If what they listed was false in any way, and whoever bought it didn't get what they were told, then it's both Amazon and the seller's fault, and that's all it should be.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Open Beta Begins
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Open Beta Begins Aug 11, 2018, 14:38 Rhett

Runs well for me too, but the game looks.. off. Gritty, almost too much so. And the options... so many options (primarily keybindings), it's kind of a mess.

All I really care about, though, is if this new platform will eliminate cheating. Because cheating kills these games on Steam within a few months, as I understand it.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
2. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 13:15 Rhett

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
10. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 09:19 Rhett

Yeah, but kids love overwatch and MOBAs now, so they tried to be cool. I'm sad that arena shooters are a dying breed, but they need to listen to more community feedback. Clan arena, matchmaking modes with no abilities/normalized health, oldschool maps, etc.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
19. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 08:57 Rhett

I mean, it looks like a polished game about shooting demons and feeling like a badass. That sounds like Doom to me. I personally like how this one looks, better than the previous one, as it looks slightly more interactive and the monsters resemble their oldschool selves a tad more.

Though, gaming is a business, and they have to appeal to the console crowd and its typically low attention spans. The game brings the action to you, and not the other way around, it seems.

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
6. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 07:29 Rhett

Finally...

I recently spent a bit of time with the game, wanting to get my shooter reflexes back in order. 12 hours later, I came out of the game quite agitated with it, because it's still very buggy.

About 1 in 4 games disconnected me to the lobby without warning, mid-game. Maybe 1 in 5 games, everyone would jitter/stutter/teleport randomly (for a good portion of the game), which can absolutely ruin a fight. I had at least a few instances where the game crashed simply loading into a match, or the "Play" button didn't do anything and I had to restart.

I also play on a PCIE SSD and the game's loading screens/wait times actually got really frustrating too. Queue up -> select map -> map load screen -> play match -> another loading screen (several seconds) to see stats -> forced to wait up to 15 seconds before it auto-queues you up again! (AND you can't even back out of the auto-queue in this time! if you have to get up for a few minutes, you have to close the game basically!)

It is fun, but damn if those issues didn't ruin the game for me. I'm sure it could be fixed, but I'm surprised it's still got these issues.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales
6. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales Aug 10, 2018, 15:30 Rhett

I was excited, but the unskippable cutscenes, the forced motion blur, and the general performance issues I've seen people having have put me off from it... That, and the core gameplay loop sounds weirdly linear. Same reason why I hated Dauntless, but I understand this game's much more in-depth.

And I'd want to solo everything, or maybe two-man, and I feel like at some point I'd be forced into finding other people to play with?

News Comments > FIX PUBG Campaign
1. Re: FIX PUBG Campaign Aug 8, 2018, 10:25 Rhett

But how many loot boxes did they cram into this patch? That's practically all the previous several patches have been.  

News Comments > Destiny 2: Forsaken - Combat Reveal Livestream Today
3. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken - Combat Reveal Livestream Today Aug 7, 2018, 15:20 Rhett

I find it hilarious they're circling back to Destiny 1, after leaving out a lot of stuff that people loved about Destiny 1 from the sequel...

I recently got back into it, got the two current expansions and played through them, and I was actually kinda excited for Forsaken. But then the Faction Rally hit, and the sheer amount of repetitive grinding, waiting on load screens, and time investment absolutely killed the game (again) for me... Kinda kicked in a sudden realization of why I quit playing before.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta Next Week
4. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta Next Week Aug 2, 2018, 19:31 Rhett

Probably the only game I'm currently excited for, for the rest of the year (mostly because nothing has piqued my interest besides NMS NEXT, which is awesome). Played the recent alpha, and I can say that it is promising and it's intense.  

News Comments > Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire
7. Re: Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire Jul 30, 2018, 20:37 Rhett

Hopefully this and anything else that comes to light, lights a fire under Valve... this is a pretty egregious and alarming thing, even for a $0.50 game.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
9. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 12:45 Rhett

If I read correctly, it was a team of 6 developers originally, and the team even ran out of money completely (Sean Murray had to sell his house even) at one point.

The game has completely turned around and it's really awesome. There's not much else that accomplishes anything on this scale.

The only thing I'm worried about with NEXT is possible cheaters since there's SP -> MP saves, and there's been no word of how those will translate since people were able to mod before.

News Comments > Ride 3 Ducati Trailer
1. Re: Ride 3 Ducati Trailer Jul 21, 2018, 12:46 Rhett

What if I can only Ride 1 Ducati?  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Content Next Week
3. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Content Next Week Jul 20, 2018, 00:32 Rhett

These don't seem like things that should be touted as major additions, either...

I mean, I loved the game, but this definitely doesn't scream "come play me!". =/

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Released
2. Re: Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Released Jul 19, 2018, 21:33 Rhett

I just tried it, couldn't get into it. It's neat, has a lot of references and neat stuff, but after playing so much Synthetik I just can't go for something so arcadey.

I highly recommend anyone interested in games like this, that want a more realistic touch, to try Synthetik. For the oldschool among us, it gives me very vague Crusader: No Remorse vibes.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo Jul 19, 2018, 15:11 Rhett

Full game's actually 100gb, but yeah, great game!  

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
6. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 11:00 Rhett

Meanwhile, in Diablo 4 land...

crickets

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
3. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 10:28 Rhett

I recently got a few days free to log in (converting my old tokens to blizzard fun-bucks), and the game seemed pretty dead to me... Absolutely nobody talking in trade chat, which was odd. Cities were pretty bare too. Expansion drops in less than a month, even.

Legion was neat, but I'm personally done with the game. Every expansion, more people I used to play with, have left.

1247 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo