Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 973 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
13. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 19:10 Rhett

About to start D3 Season 11 today, but that was a cool trailer. Haven't played POE since about release... How easy is it to get into? Easy enough to play without doing any trading/grouping/pure solo or duo with a friend (assuming both are competent, experienced ARPG players)?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
9. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 21:18 Rhett

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 18:25:
**changes DOOM in STEAM -> to NOT update automatically ..**

I don't believe patches are opt-in anymore though? Sadly...

Edit: Some people over at Reddit have said that the patch lowers the install size to around 60GB, so it changes the file structure to be less bloated I guess. That's not so bad. Still have to grab the patch though, if installed.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2017, 21:59.

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
1. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 18:04 Rhett

Cool and all, but then you notice (if DOOM is installed) a mandatory 30GB update of nothing but MP DLC with no bearing on the SP AFAIK. No way to opt out. DOOM is already at least 80GB installed.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC and Free Trial Next Week
7. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC and Free Trial Next Week Jul 19, 2017, 15:38 Rhett

Yeah, it's a really great alternative to COD. Very, very fast paced but not much like it. Very fluid. No dumbass weed/420 skins or custom nazi banners.

Been waiting for a PVE mode since launch, too. I can't wait. Amazing that it's free (and amazing that it's sadly a rarity nowadays). This game was begging for some co-op.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Tease
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tease Jul 19, 2017, 15:37 Rhett

People seem to think Grom/Garrosh, but I dunno. Doesn't look bulky. Also Lady Vashj could be a good one, but she's also probably being saved for an upcoming WOW expac or reveal.

Other mentions of Akama or other deformed draenei.

Whoever it is, it will be awesome, just like all the rest of them.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Tease
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tease Jul 19, 2017, 14:04 Rhett

I was thinking Draenei maybe? No Draenei in the game yet.

But this does seem more Burning Crusade related. Maybe Terokk too. People seem to want him.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus Jul 18, 2017, 19:16 Rhett

Technically it's for both, because they intend to make a campaign that includes both the original map + the new map, together in one, so that should be awesome.  

News Comments > JackHammer Announced
5. Re: JackHammer Announced Jul 18, 2017, 15:18 Rhett

Yeah... I adore Quake/Doom/Duke Nukem etc but this looks terribly boring. So many arena shooters getting passed over already. I like Quake Champions too, but I don't even think that'll take off.

Needs more carrot-on-a-stick to grab people now-a-days thanks to WoW and other ARPGs.. not that I'm complaining, that's just how it turned out.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 14, 2017, 12:57 Rhett

This is.. interesting. Back when I played this expac, when it came out, there were exploits/bugs in almost every dungeon for bypassing groups of enemies. Not that I'm gonna be keeping any eye on this, but it'll be interesting to see how many people get disqualified or can't handle themselves if they can't do a glitch or bring X gimmicky item to help them.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 12:54 Rhett

I enjoyed that planet. That was part of what got me to buy ME:A back when it first came out in the original trial. It's pretty, open, and helps to pick up the combat system.

Game's worth a play if only for the gameplay, if you enjoy third person shooters. MP is still being patched/added to regularly as well.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 15:54 Rhett

At least they're both honest about it, AND extremely communicative + productive. Other games would be like "I'ma just delay our release by a year or three, kay?". Not an "EA extension".  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
8. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 11:46 Rhett

Not worth it until we see some major changes. They've been shitting on players' dinos with nerfs for months (so I hear), and back-end admin support for private servers is hobbled together.  

News Comments > Evil Genius 2 Announced
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 11:03 Rhett

I feel like so much time passed that it might not capture the spirit of it?  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
11. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jun 30, 2017, 13:47 Rhett

I wonder if Battle.Net (the old one) makes any kind of a comeback? I know LAN is supposedly supported. Or I remember hearing about it anyway...

*shrug* Would probably be cool to play through the campaigns at least, assuming everything's been touched up.

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update
12. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 18:01 Rhett

Yeah, it's not for everyone. It takes a lot of time to get into. Think EVE, but the difficulty spike isn't nearly as extreme. It's just there's still spreadsheets worth of information to read lol. Have to check the wiki repeatedly every time I play, even.

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update
9. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 15:16 Rhett

It's definitely not easy to get into unless you have a friend with you to either help figure things out, or to hold your hand. I've been there. Probably close to 2k hours in the game. Recently came back because another friend wanted to get into the PC version after sinking a similar amount of hours into the PS4 version.

Still very fair F2P game. Soooo many guns and frames (characters) to use. But yeah, there are a LOT of confusing mechanics. And it only gets worse the higher level you get, haha.

But it's also by far the only F2P I've ever put any money into (even if it's only ~$20 total), and I can buy whatever I want just from trading. Not too hard to get into that either, there's always something new that people want to buy but not farm.

A lot of the stuff that used to be a pain in the ass to farm/grind (like Kubrow eggs - basically space dog pets that you can use in combat) are much more common, as well as most materials for crafting.

This is the kind of game you get into if you like Diablo-esque grinding, farming, leveling, and unlocking or acquiring that awesome-sounding new piece of gear. If you don't get excited building up to some awesome-sounding shotgun-cannon or acid-spewing weapon, then you may not like it.

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
1. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 27, 2017, 19:45 Rhett

Pretty cool class. Shoulda been in from the start, but it has a lot of interesting mechanics going on. Maybe too many?  

News Comments > Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement
3. Re: Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement Jun 23, 2017, 19:49 Rhett

I haven't looked into this all very much, but OpenIV is a program for extracting and injecting mods into the game's files. Pretty much every mod uses it to some extent. So I'm not really sure.. Kinda confusing, since that tool is what allows modding in the first place for the most part.  

News Comments > Project Argo Prototype
1. Re: Project Argo Prototype Jun 17, 2017, 14:20 Rhett

This has actually been available for months now. Maybe it was in beta before?

It's okay, just a slightly more steamlined version of ARMA 3 in a deathmatch sort of setting (with objectives). Same performance issues, even with only like 16 players. Somehow... (and I LOVE ARMA 3)

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jun 15, 2017, 19:28 Rhett

So that's where this game went. 2018 eh?  

973 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo