Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On July 25, 2009
Supporter -
Total Comments 1491 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam

5. Re: Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam Apr 2, 2020, 14:52 Rhett

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:28:
Lucky wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 12:41:
Which game store was the PC version on before today ? I don't play multiplayer so have not payed attention to this game much.

Microsoft Store on Windows 10... It's a travesty. They package up full-size games like they're mobile apps, including blocking access to the actual files on your disk. I refuse to buy anything from there, so it's convenient for me that they're relinquishing all of their 'exclusives' after some time.

It's so goddamn awful. It's functionally worse than Epic Games' Store, and that's saying something. Very glad stuff is moving off it now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass

3. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass Mar 31, 2020, 00:12 Rhett

Same. Lasted about a day on return...

Latest patch is cool and a good step in the right direction, seems like the devs are listening finally. I just hope it's only the beginning. Game feels whack, needs way more weight and realism.

News Comments > Gears Tactics PC Specs and Details

2. Re: Gears Tactics PC Specs and Details Mar 28, 2020, 14:04 Rhett

KezClone wrote on Mar 28, 2020, 13:25:
This looks amazing. Can't wait!

If I'm not mistaken, it's going to be on XGP.

Indeed. I thought it was gonna be some mobile port, but it does look cool. Hopefully justifies the $60 price point.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

1. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 10:55 Rhett

Honestly enjoy playing it way more than the last one, though it was still decent. This one just has a bit of a retro feel (honestly feels like a Duke Nukem game at times, without the half naked women everywhere lol), great movement, fairly clever puzzles/movement.

Though, some of the areas aren't very obvious where to go. I've jumped off the map over a dozen times trying to figure out certain paths, because it doesn't necessarily look "off the map".

News Comments > Steam Top 10

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2020, 14:54 Rhett

You go, Doom! Totally deserves it.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Free Weekend

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Free Weekend Mar 20, 2020, 14:48 Rhett

Never played Origins, but I tried this after getting it for free from some Google streaming promo, and I ended up loving it and beating it. If anyone's been put off by the "same-y-ness" of AC games over the years, I highly recommend this one.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Released

12. Re: DOOM Eternal Released Mar 20, 2020, 14:47 Rhett

Looks awesome, not sure when I'll get it.. but lots of complaints about the added mobility lol. I think it looks great. Doom 2016 was pretty boring at times (albeit great, I did love it), and needed more.. toys, so to speak? Hoping this one doesn't disappoint in that regard.  

News Comments > Population Zero Key Giveaway

2. Re: Population Zero Key Giveaway Mar 20, 2020, 10:09 Rhett

Yeeeeap.... Maybe if they do an open beta.  

News Comments > Steam Interactive Recommender Launches

2. Re: Steam Interactive Recommender Launches Mar 18, 2020, 21:11 Rhett

It's also been very accurate for me, too. Showing games I've looked at before, but never bought.. but also never ignored.  

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem "Second Dawn" Plans

5. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Mar 15, 2020, 04:40 Rhett

It definitely needs it... But will it be enough, and in time? I hope so. It could really be awesome.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Attracts 6 Million; Player Count to Expand

8. Re: More players? Mar 12, 2020, 16:43 Rhett

It is really fun, probably the best BR I've played out of all of them so far. They'll need to keep mixing it up though, and get solos and duos at least, out there. Should be a 4 player mode, too, going by the wording.

It's got so many QOL features, some of which are completely absent for some reason (like not having to manage inventory space, not having to manually pick up ammo, no attachments to worry about). Fumbling over attachments, or at the very least not having them automatically go on guns when picked up, was so silly in other games.

Surprisingly had few issues. A laggy game-start here or there, but it was rare and/or fixed itself soon after. No real server issues. For once, a AAA publisher actually got enough servers for launch!?

News Comments > Wolcen Sells 1M

9. Re: Wolcen Sells 1M Mar 6, 2020, 00:29 Rhett

It was really fun up to the end of the campaign, but the severe server problems + broken/untested skill tree nodes, mixed with lost progression at times for random issues, really put a damper on my enthusiasm for the game...

Need to see some serious work from the devs.

News Comments > Game Reviews

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 3, 2020, 12:49 Rhett

Yeah, it was so promising (IMO anyway) before release. They really must not have any QA...

This engine, or at least the art style and graphics, would have been awesome to watch flourish. What's odd to me, though, is that the game looked great 5 years ago when it kickstarted as Umbra. And then they canned it and started over, practically?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division 2: The Warlords of New York Released

4. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division 2: The Warlords of New York Released Mar 3, 2020, 01:39 Rhett

I guess there's a fix going out in a couple hours (3AM eastern) for these story-stopping bugs, though some people found workarounds like logging out, or matchmaking other peoples' open world games.
Still on the fence on the xpac, but I like a lot of the new changes. Definite QoL-type stuff.

News Comments > PC DEATH STRANDING in June

12. Re: PC DEATH STRANDING in June Mar 2, 2020, 16:47 Rhett

Eh, it looks cool and unique. I'm looking forward to trying it.  

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate 3 Press Release

5. Re: Baldur’s Gate 3 Press Release Feb 29, 2020, 18:59 Rhett

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 29, 2020, 18:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 29, 2020, 17:06:

We haven't heard about DM'ing and mod'ing, wonder if they have plans to expand on DOS2?

I can't wait for this game; I expect the modding scene will be pretty robust eventually... maybe I'm mis-remembering, but they had already talked about being mod friendly for this, right?

DM capability.... don't hold your breath, outside of maybe a really involved mod.

It's an improved DOS 2 engine, and they've openly supported modding thus far, so I assume it'll all be peachy. There is also a map maker and a DM tool in DOS 2 to play as a DM with friends, and you have a lot of control over everything IIRC. Never played it, but I've seen videos.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Steam Next Month

3. Re: Borderlands 3 on Steam Next Month Feb 27, 2020, 21:44 Rhett

It was definitely very, very buggy and tedious when I played through it a few weeks after release. Very glad I didn't buy it (nevermind EGS and their bullshit). Simultaneously, sad that they didn't put out something better, because I loved Borderlands.  

News Comments > Activision Hits Reddit with DMCA Subpoena

5. Re: Activision Hits Reddit with DMCA Subpoena Feb 21, 2020, 22:04 Rhett

So ridiculous. There's so many things, including *the main menu and intro to the game since the last patch* that directly and strongly hint at the Warzone mode. But instead of being like "okay, you guys can't wait, so let's just announce it early" they're issuing takedowns and copyright notices left and right.

Kinda reminds me of the Take Two garbage where they sent people to harass a youtuber for leaking some Borderlands info.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal Next Week

12. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal Next Week Feb 19, 2020, 16:20 Rhett

Whatever it is, I have faith in Larian. DOS was so much fun.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal Next Week

9. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal Next Week Feb 19, 2020, 14:20 Rhett

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2020, 11:02:
Anxiously waiting, but very skeptical about the game play.

TB combat - will be pissed to no end.

No Coop, again pissed.

Steam Release - Thrilled!

Trying to keep exceptions in check - Yes!

According to the Steam page, it has full co-op support though? I assume it'll be the same engine as DOS 2, which fully supported co-op.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086940/Baldurs_Gate_3/

1491 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >