Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 798 (Graduate)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups
6. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Signups Dec 7, 2016, 03:31 Rhett

Sempai wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 00:04:
Are there classes or rpg elements? Do you level your character up in some fashion?

There's apparently leveling/skill trees, but you don't unlock weapons at least. Weapons are found/collected across the map, or if you pick up an enemy's weapon, you keep it, I guess. Not sure how calling vehicles works though (money?), since you have everything from attack helicopters to LAVs to dirt bikes. I'm curious if this is going to be loosely Mercenaries-esque haha.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LawBreakers Beta Signups
1. Re: LawBreakers Beta Signups Dec 3, 2016, 02:28 Rhett

Looks interesting, but also Nexon.... Hmmmm.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 18:24 Rhett

SlimRam wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 17:33:
Glad they finally showed some game play and it looks nice. It seems like maybe the combat looks a little too easy? I remember running across one of the big YMIR Mech's in the beginning of ME2 and it was definitely a challenge. In this video it looks like taking down a couple of large bots is no problema? Also, I didn't notice your other squad mates fighting along side you, did I miss this or was it not shown? I like the scanner thingy they showed and that will hopefully add a layer to the game. Overall, totally stoked and ready romance a female Krogan!

I thought the same (no squadmates) but they're there, at least for some of it.

I'm excited! The multiplayer should be awesome. Never played ME on PC, until this one, so I don't mind the "console-itis", but the combat looks much more fluid and engaging.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
17. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 18:15 Rhett

I want to play it, but hell if I'm gonna pay full price for it again.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2016, 14:41 Rhett

Really, really good game. It was worth full price. Campaign is excellent. MP is excellent.

Really needs a horde/frontier defense mode though..

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
2. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 21, 2016, 21:05 Rhett

Though this DLC sounds cool, I feel like they're handling loot very poorly... It's not exciting like in Diablo or WoW to loot something, because it's everywhere now, and it's not immediately apparent if something is good or not.

Kudos to them for not abandoning the game at least.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
7. Re: World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration Nov 20, 2016, 18:42 Rhett

Where's the diablo event already?  

News Comments > ARK Content Plans
8. Re: ARK Content Plans Nov 15, 2016, 02:40 Rhett

El Pit wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 01:53:
They are in extremely late early access now, right? Already releasing DLCs, I see. Of course, those are also in early access, just like the game.

Note to Steam: early access done wrong - this is a great example!

Yep. Last I heard it was due out in December, but as far as I can tell it's not ready to be released. They've made so much money, and they still squeezed out more with that DLC.

News Comments > ARK Content Plans
5. Re: ARK Content Plans Nov 14, 2016, 22:38 Rhett

"Coming weeks and months" ... it's been planned for "upcoming patches" for about a year now...  

News Comments > Warframe The War Within Launches
3. Re: Warframe The War Within Launches Nov 13, 2016, 00:09 Rhett

Gipson wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 23:41:
the amount of content and work for a FREE TO PLAY game is staggering. kudos to DE and their dedication

Plus it's almost entirely co-op, so there's absolutely zero pay to win.. and you can get in-game premium money fairly easily with just a little bit of patience and reading. Not that they don't deserve the money. Only F2P I've ever put money into. Probably played about a thousand hours. Haven't played in a while though.

News Comments > Battleborn "Day" Underway
1. Re: Battleborn Nov 11, 2016, 17:39 Rhett

They're trying so hard...

http://i.imgur.com/b7pOX75.jpg

News Comments > New Rainbow Six Siege Operator Revealed
1. Re: New Rainbow Six Siege Operator Revealed Nov 10, 2016, 14:40 Rhett

I reinstalled the game and went to play Terrorist Hunt, as I usually do (I hate the competitive gameplay in this), and was met with over 5 minutes of waiting for a full 5-person lobby.. They STILL don't allow you to go without 5 players, somehow, which is ludicrous. This has been a problem (matchmaking) since I got the game, only getting worse.

Nevermind the fact they also won't reduce the in-game costs of the DLC operators. 25000 ingame credits are no joke if you play casually. I only have 10k atm, and I'm still short 3 base operators even. Just seems way too season-pass-oriented.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal
8. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal Nov 8, 2016, 00:00 Rhett

The Pyro wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 22:58:
Rhett wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 21:49:
"Multiplayer Reveal" ... I got excited and disappointed in a matter of seconds.

TBH the ME3 multiplayer was pretty fun for me. It was just a standard survival-type thing with waves of (increasingly difficult) monsters, but I played quite a bit of it. And best of all, you could ignore it completely if you chose to.

It had micro transactions, which you could also ignore, but as long as those don't affect the main campaign then I'm fine with it.

Yes, I loved ME3's MP. That's the sole reason I'm keeping up with Andromeda. Not that the SP isn't great, but I played WAY more of the MP. I actually don't think I ever "beat" ME3 either, much less got any of the DLC. But I did have almost every character, and most of the guns maxed out, in MP...

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal
5. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal Nov 7, 2016, 21:49 Rhett

"Multiplayer Reveal" ... I got excited and disappointed in a matter of seconds.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
19. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 5, 2016, 00:17 Rhett

Get Titanfall 2 if you want something sorta like CoD, but better and more refined. TTF2 has a full package up-front, no DLC, no loot boxes, no microtransactions.  

News Comments > More BlizzCon Announcement Details
4. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 00:16 Rhett

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 19:31:
"So what's the difference fundamentally between the Witch Doctor and the Necromancer?"

"Setting fluff! And they're more goth really."

Sigh. Nice to see Blizzard schlepping under the bar again.

I think they emphasized Necromancers have a lot more "control" over the undead though. Necro is more fanservice than anything at this point anyway. Not that I'm agitated about that, I freaking hate the goof-character WD. Necro should have been in from the start.

News Comments > Game Key Delays Addressed
1. Re: Game Key Delays Addressed Oct 31, 2016, 11:58 Rhett

Guess it was a preorder snafu, as I just bought Titanfall 2 from them and redeemed immediately.. hmm.  

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
28. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 06:58 Rhett

Wonder if this has anything to do with piracy, not so much holding for sales?

Also, never trust any major review sites.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 24, 2016, 16:55 Rhett

What the fuck? First Charter and Time Warner, now AT&T? That should be completely out of the question.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Sales Soar; Free Content Coming
4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Sales Soar; Free Content Coming Oct 21, 2016, 20:03 Rhett

Really cool game, but multiplayer suffers weird simulated lag-feeling gameplay. Enemies standing in place for several seconds with their health not moving, players doing the same, etc. It was great on the first level, but there's too much going on in the following levels for it to handle I guess. Really marred my experience...

However, these devs are awesome and I have no doubts it will be fixed.

798 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo