Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1269 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World War 3 Breaks Out
4. Re: World War 3 Breaks Out Oct 20, 2018, 19:15 Rhett

It worked pretty well in the beta, though I personally had stuttering and framerate dips. It's a very promising game and alternative to battlefield, just they released it both too early and at a weird time of year (a week after COD?!).

Insane customization, and the gunplay/movement felt pretty good. Had no issues with lag/latency/hit registration.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 20, 2018, 15:09 Rhett

This whole thing with this one FIFA player seems to be written about in different ways.

Here's a thread on Reddit talking about it, where it seems he was banned primarily for complaining about the game, and not for being toxic or abusive (which, he apparently is a piece of shit, but that doesn't mean he's wrong automatically).

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, since EA doesn't seem to shy away from being a complete asshole whenever it gets a chance to stand out.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
22. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 22:17 Rhett

Slick wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 20:28:
*update, so the "playable" mode is blackout, gonna let the whole DL finish. The one thing I like about this and the upcoming royale for Battlefield is that they're shipping a royale mode WITH a "TDM style" other mode where you can actually just get in the shit, learn the guns etc. That's what always irked me about PUBG. Fuck going to a shooting range, I learn best with trial by fire.

At least as far as I can see, it has 3 maps in 'IX', 'Voyage of the Dead', and 'Aether', along with a 'beginner' mode and a 'Rush' mode. I think I played a couple games of IX and it was pretty fun. This one has a LOT more depth than I remember Zombies having. Leveling, unlocks, weapon modding, classes, perk potions, talismans...

Some of the maps are older maps, but most of them are new I think? I dunno, I just recognize 3 of them and it clearly says they are "flashbacks". Jungle, Summit and Firing Range. All 3 seem to be from BLOPS 1. I don't recognize any other ones.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 18:52 Rhett

I'm very curious about the cheater situation too. It should technically be using Blizzard's anticheat, which I would assume is pretty damn solid. I have not seen anything shady or cheater-like, yet.

It really could have used more polish overall, but I really like Blackout. Pretty much the only reason I got it.

Also I believe it was supposed to have 3 Zombies maps, with a 4th in the season pass.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2018, 06:53 Rhett

I'm disappointed that it looks exactly like Fallout 4. Basically a Fallout 4 Multiplayer mod with potential griefing, and no (player-made) mod support...

The textures look good, and the new map overview looks pretty neat, but this is pretty poor for generating hype.

I just played FO4 recently, and a lot of the more frustrating aspects are still here, like the clunky pipboy menu, the sluggish movement, and the derpy AI.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week
13. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week Oct 3, 2018, 14:25 Rhett

Well I personally loved WOTC, and I love XCOM 2. The mods and mod support alone are worth it, because you can do whatever you want with the game.

I'm surprised this is coming out, though. Happy nonetheless, but surprised they're putting this out and not another expansion announcement that everyone's eagerly awaiting. Presumably something Terror from the Deep-related.

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
1. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 2, 2018, 19:22 Rhett

Yikes, maybe they should focus more on solving the problem than bandaging it, lol.

Oh, and stop making updates all about paid cosmetics.

News Comments > Anthem Alpha
4. Re: Anthem Alpha Sep 25, 2018, 21:25 Rhett

I'm sure it'll be fun for a month or two anyway. It's part of their $15/mo plan, along with BF5, so that'll be a cheap way to be "one and done" with it, presumably.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 03:33 Rhett

I'm not 100%, but I won a handful of games in the beta, and I believe kills are counted for experience of sorts. Blackout will have leveling up to level 80, which will have unlocks of sorts. Probably skins? Not too sure.

Regardless, it's one of those games that would be fun to play for fun. It's so fast paced that I loaded up Black Ops 2, and Blackout outpaces it significantly somehow.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 24, 2018, 23:39 Rhett

Is an okay trailer, but damn Blackout was fun and polished. Screw PUBG. Never thought I'd be getting another COD after how terrible Advanced Warfare was...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Trailer Sep 20, 2018, 22:44 Rhett

Previous zombies were pretty boring, wonder how this will be different since, I guess, more focus was put on it?

Blackout was really awesome though, probably my sole reason for getting this.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 01:05 Rhett

Was crashing a bit yesterday (all of my group) but nobody has crashed a single time today oddly enough. Not sure what's causing those issues.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 15, 2018, 15:37 Rhett

You can straight up download it on Battle.net. Just need the app installed.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop

17GB for BLOPS 4.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Black Ops Blackout Beta
1. Re: Call of Duty 4: Black Ops Blackout Beta Sep 14, 2018, 19:36 Rhett

It might be COD, but PUBG's certainly being given a run for its money.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 9, 2018, 06:35 Rhett

I tried it, really seems like Battlefield gets more arcadey every game since BF4. It feels way too close to Battlefront with bullets.

Pretty, and cinematic, but not engaging enough IMO. WW3 looks pretty awesome though, return to the roots.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
2. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 15:22 Rhett

Yep, I'm curious and I'd probably sign up to get my fill out of the game.. but for a demo, that's just sleazy.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
23. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 18:56 Rhett

Cool, I wasn't even expecting this to be a free update... Awesome!  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Edition Released
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Edition Released Aug 30, 2018, 21:37 Rhett

Not even for free!  

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta 2 Underway
2. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta 2 Underway Aug 30, 2018, 21:31 Rhett

Putting most things on 'low' and adding -useallavailablecores as a launch parameter fixed any performance issues I had.

It's great, but it still needs a lot of polish. Some bugs here and there, usually hilarious ones. AKM seems to not have a firing sound either...

News Comments > Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free
5. Re: Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free Aug 22, 2018, 23:09 Rhett

It may not be doing the greatest with player base, but I at least recommend people try it. It's pretty different. Like a more serious version of Chivalry.  

1269 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo