Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1317 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3
15. Re: BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3 Jan 21, 2019, 17:33 Rhett

I would wonder if it is also because it's a predominantly single-player game... How would they market microtransactions and lootboxes when you can't show off to your friends?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed
7. Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 10:00 Rhett

Yeeeah, it's a pretty fun game too. It's just being handled poorly, sadly. So, so, so many bugs. You'd swear it was their first Battlefield there's so many bugs/issues.  

News Comments > Override: Mech City Brawl Free Weekend
2. Re: Override: Mech City Brawl Free Weekend Jan 18, 2019, 21:34 Rhett

Shitty thing is this free weekend has no single player (fine I guess), no custom games for free-weekenders (can't play with friends online), and only random matchmaking, as far as I can tell.

If I could play with friends and we could see if we all like it, we'd all be much more inclined to buy it. But nobody really wants to play since we can't play the weekend together.

News Comments > Anthem Gets New Videos; Not Getting Loot Boxes
21. Re: Anthem Gets New Videos; Not Getting Loot Boxes Jan 14, 2019, 19:13 Rhett

And the XCOM 2 expansion/DLC (mostly just War of the Chosen). Loved it!

But yeah, Anthem's AI is pretty derpy and straightforward from what I've played. It just barrels towards you. There's a guy with a big shield that takes a little strategy to take out (that I've seen) but other than that, it's just been generic 3rd-person action-shooting. I can't imagine the gear making that big of a difference.

At least in Destiny or so, the 3 classes feel very, very different - as do a lot of the weapons. I'm just not seeing/feeling it here.

News Comments > Anthem Gets New Videos; Not Getting Loot Boxes
7. Re: Anthem Gets New Videos; Not Getting Loot Boxes Jan 14, 2019, 13:13 Rhett

Yeah, I'm not even excited for Anthem anymore. Hell, no joke, every time I go to type it in or look it up, I end up typing "Destiny", or saying it.

Nevermind the cosmetics or whatever, it just looks like a really boring game.

News Comments > Breach Trailer
4. Re: Breach Trailer Jan 12, 2019, 19:13 Rhett

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 17:35:
Hrm, seems like a pass from me, especially since they plan on including an unkillable PK class that can apparently invade other peoples' games and harass them? Who the hell asked for that?

This is purely opt-in. There's a few different modes:

PVE with bot team mates (w/ AI demon), PVE with human teammates (w/ AI demon), PVE with human team mates AND a human player demon that plays against them, and then a PVE mode where you can play as the demon against a team of bots.

News Comments > Breach Trailer
1. Re: Breach Trailer Jan 12, 2019, 16:44 Rhett

Tried it... basically 3rd-person Battleborn with less loot. Or, plays very similar to Dragon Age: Inquistiion's MP if anyone played that.

It's kinda fun and fairly polished for an alpha if nothing else. Just.. not too big into it myself.

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video
3. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 4, 2019, 20:51 Rhett

Yeeeeah.. Not excited for this game at all. And I really liked the gameplay of ME: Andromeda, which transitioned considerably over to this game.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2018, 13:44 Rhett

This is kinda hilarious though. I mean, $80 and they couldn't spring for glass? Someone up there is being a real cheapskate in regards to this glorified fallout 4 mod.  

News Comments > Imperius Joints the Heroes of the Storm PTR Next Week
1. Re: Imperius Joints the Heroes of the Storm PTR Next Week Dec 28, 2018, 23:10 Rhett

Jeeze, this one's been one of the most anticipated and hyped heroes. I wonder if they kept him on the backburner for emergencies.  

News Comments > Another Sniper Elite Remake Spotted
3. Re: Remake the best v2 Dec 26, 2018, 00:49 Rhett

I, too, liked 2, 3 and 4. Didn't play the zombies thing though. Just not necessarily worth full-price since they're fairly arcadey. Pretty fun though.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Optimism
4. Re: Re: Heroes of the Storm Optimism Dec 25, 2018, 22:51 Rhett

Yeah, really sad. Blizzard was one company I could always count on for good games, and this year just completely destroyed what was left of that reputation, for me.

The passion and love has been replaced by timelines and shareholder profits in gaming, and it's truly saddening.

News Comments > ATLAS Early Access Launch
4. Re: ATLAS Early Access Launch Dec 23, 2018, 17:10 Rhett

Those animations are so stiff, and so many reused ARK animations...

Hell, the top review is a post about how it was an ARK DLC (there's a hidden menu on the main menu for controllers) originally.

And it looks like it would be an even bigger nightmare than ARK to balance for massive clans or even the Chinese playerbase, taking over servers.

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays
3. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 22, 2018, 13:18 Rhett

I'm not sure what to think about this game, after ARK and the other weird spinoffs that aren't doing very well... ARK's devs were so oblivious to major problems, and even created many themselves.  

News Comments > Anthem Video
5. Re: Anthem Video Dec 22, 2018, 12:39 Rhett

Yeah.. I can't put my finger on it but the game lacks something. Meanwhile, I'm actually excited for The Division 2 after having played both alphas.

I mean, I loved the gameplay of Mass Effect: Andromeda and this game looks like they took all of that and made a game out of it, but it still looks lacking.

News Comments > Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists
9. Re: Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists Dec 17, 2018, 15:40 Rhett

Indeed it could use tweaking, like semi-autos being able to out-snipe/countersnipe snipers incredibly easily. Or sniper glint in general, which seems to be powered by the sun...

I don't really think MGs are OP though, because snipers are such a direct counter to them that you really have to be picky about setting up with them. Well, MMGs anyway. LMGs are quite beastly.

I still really enjoy it. I've got over 60 hours in, so far. Just so many bugs, though, cause of the rushed holiday release. Almost lost my shit when the 'Look Up' TOW challenge didn't count for several rockets.

6. Re: Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists Dec 17, 2018, 14:46 Rhett

Aaand the TTK is getting reverted. Glad they ponied up, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

3. Re: Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists Dec 17, 2018, 12:08 Rhett

The new TTK is basically about 1 more bullet at minimum to kill someone. It's not a big deal for some weapons (LMGs/MMGs/Assault rifles) but other weapons were only harmed (semi-auto rifles which take 4+ shots to kill with a 10-round magazine, 3-to-kill self loading rifles at 5-6 rounds, SMGs).

Old TTK does feel better IMO. It's been a stupid and completely unnecessary change in most peoples' eyes, though, when so many bugs exist and would cause way more damage to new player retention than this.

News Comments > Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers
9. Re: Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers Dec 15, 2018, 19:59 Rhett

And you can screw everybody! Everyone's able and willing.  

News Comments > Anthem Video
2. Re: Anthem Video Dec 14, 2018, 19:28 Rhett

Sounds Borderlands-ish, which is cool. Quite curious to check it out when it's polished.  

1317 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo