Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Rhett

Real Name Rhett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 1449 (Pro)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division 2 Episode 2 Pentagon: The Last Castle Released
3. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 15, 2019, 23:51 Rhett

It was definitely really fun, have revisited a couple times now.. but they keep putting out more crappy raid content with poor in-game group finding capability, and now the pentagon DLC isn't even what people were hoping for (Underground, at the least).

I just want Survival and Underground back! Not more story missions or raids.

I guess they're more keen on telling a story than long-term content. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Fallen Heroes Falls; Development on Hold
7. Re: Divinity: Fallen Heroes Falls; Development on Hold Oct 15, 2019, 23:48 Rhett

I sincerely hope they pick it back up themselves, because it sounded okay in concept but I didn't really trust the developer. I guess they didn't either...

Very glad they appear to be keeping their high standards.

News Comments > PUBG LITE Alights in Europe
1. Re: PUBG LITE Alights in Europe Oct 10, 2019, 13:11 Rhett

I'm sure there's absolutely no way this will be overrun with cheaters and Chinese gang-ups.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Special Ops Details & Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Special Ops Details & Trailer Oct 8, 2019, 23:59 Rhett

Looks okay, but fuck off with the one year exclusivity on part of the mode!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Destiny 2 Oct 6, 2019, 18:30 Rhett

Haven't played since Warmind and Osiris, and never got into raiding (lack of chat, group finder, etc)... I'm curious to try it again.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Sep 27, 2019, 20:23 Rhett

Love The Surge 2 (combat anyway), but holy hell either this engine, or their QA for said engine, are absolutely horrible. Gameplay's great, but going below at least 60 FPS just makes me hate playing it. Performance is all over the place, and artifacting shows up randomly here and there.  

News Comments > New DayZ Map Plans
3. Re: New DayZ Map Plans Sep 25, 2019, 18:05 Rhett

Still play it regularly with friends, with it being one of their favorite games. Modding has revitalized the game considerably.

Not sure how I feel about the map, since there's still some big issues (like vehicles - which are pretty damn broken on a lot of servers)... but hopefully this will come alongside a patch.

News Comments > Modern Warfare Spec Ops Survival Mode Exclusive to PS4 Until October 2020
3. Re: Huh? Sep 24, 2019, 20:40 Rhett

It looks that there's at least two parts to this mode. One is missions that tie in with the campaign, and the other looks to be (speculation based on some footage I saw) a wave-based survival mode sorta akin to MW3. It's that latter mode that seems to be a 1-year exclusive.

People are quite pissed, rightfully so, and some are cancelling their orders. Full price without all of the game.

There's been no mention (yet?) of a BR mode.

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3
40. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 17:31 Rhett

I do not trust 2K, Randy or Epic. Also, Epic guarantees X sales with their bribery, so who knows how many of those are included?

I have no doubts many fans did buy it regardless of platform (especially on console, where it seems to be most popular), plus there's cross-platform now right? I sincerely hope Gearbox at least fixes all the bugs/serious issues I've heard about, because it does look decent.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?
9. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 01:35 Rhett

necrosis wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 01:25:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 20:20:
It doesn't matter how much Epic is paying it matters if they - devs - would have sold more without the exclusive. Meh, whatevs, 10 mil for a game to sit around for a year while they polish it and sell the 'finished' version everywhere else for cheaper later on? I'm fine with that as Epic seems to be fine with wasting its money.

There is that but there is also the fact byt the time it hits Steam (at least I) how many will actually give a shit about the game? I already care little about Metro anymore.

Also I would not be surprised if these dumb asses try and sell it on steam for $60 because it is "new". They did this shit with console games when they came to PC (even years) after they were on console.

I'm expecting this too (full price). There's been practically zero sales, or very meager sales, on ANYTHING related to EGS since they started doing this exclusivity shit. Preorder sales/GMG and such. So I can't expect them to not try to pull that, depending on the publisher.

But yeah, people are probably not going to care by then, or just wait for fully patched, DLC-complete games at a discount at that point.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week
8. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week Sep 19, 2019, 00:39 Rhett

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 00:25:
Rhett wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 22:18:
Been in all but the first OTT so far, and the last beta was the most disappointing... I really hope this one's a lot more polished.

It had some issues, but was more polished the the first tech text. There is a much larger learning curve to the game then Wildlands. Too many times I was in a group that wanted to run and gun in BReakpoint and it turned into a cluster fuck. If you want to survive you need to recon, take things slow, do the prep work and act like Ghosts.

I got about 30 seconds into that video and turned it off. That's what will get ya killed every damn time.

Haha, for sure. My problems were that the UI and character movement felt really, really off. And a ton of bugs, like not being able to toggle FPP/TPP on weapons randomly, or tripping and dying on nothing/vaulting and dying for no reason. Stuff I didn't recall happening in the OTT2. Still sorta looking forward to it, but really surprised they put that last beta out with so many flagrant problems.

I would chalk it up to being beta, but Ubisoft treats the preorder beta (last one) and the open beta like demos more than anything.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week
6. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week Sep 18, 2019, 22:18 Rhett

Been in all but the first OTT so far, and the last beta was the most disappointing... I really hope this one's a lot more polished.  

News Comments > New Steam Library Beta
11. Re: New Steam Library Beta Sep 18, 2019, 02:46 Rhett

I think it looks great, and condenses a lot of useful information. Could run better, but it's beta and they definitely put polish on everything.

Not only that, but I imagine that people will still be able to make custom UIs? I use one (mostly just an xml edit IIRC) to disable curators and streams, currently.

I could definitely see them having an option to use the old look, as well.

News Comments > BioWare's Anthem Game Plan
4. Re: BioWare's Anthem Game Plan Sep 17, 2019, 23:01 Rhett

Put it on ice already, jeeze.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
35. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 11:35 Rhett

Zord wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 08:53:

Hm, BL3 makes (great) use of Epic's Unreal Engine, as do many other games. If it ever does release on Steam, will still launch through the EGS launcher.

As far as I'm hearing, you don't even need or want EGS running while playing the game currently, or with any other game? Maybe Fortnite and Dauntless, but otherwise I've seen a few reports of people who, for example, refunded different games (BL3 included) and were still able to play without EGS. Or, closing EGS and the game running even better, oddly enough.

I highly doubt it'd use EGS in addition, as it's not made by Epic. UPlay is the only real launcher I can recall that does the double-launcher garbage, but it's tolerable. They do make their own games though...

Are you having any UI issues on PC?

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
29. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 08:01 Rhett

It does look on the decent side, assuming DRM and performance issues are either mistaken or easily fixed.

I would love to play it, but fuck everything about Epic.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
9. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 13:20 Rhett

Saw mention of the game using a ridiculous amount of consistent bandwidth while open (around 2mb/s uploading), anyone confirm that got it?  

News Comments > DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT in January
3. Re: DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT in January Sep 12, 2019, 19:05 Rhett

It looks phenomenal!

I found this awesome trailer playing scenes side by side from the TV show to scenes that we've caught from a trailer, but it looks like they're trying to resemble the show in a lot of ways.

News Comments > Gears 5 Released
7. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 17:48 Rhett

Great game, extremely polished. I've personally had very few issues outside of server issues, which have been pretty much taken care of. Beautiful, runs amazingly well, has an excellent benchmark built in.

Only thing that sucks is there's not many skins or characters atm, not sure why they held so much back.

Best $2 I've spent in years!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint What is Breakpoint? Trailer
5. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint What is Breakpoint? Trailer Sep 7, 2019, 05:26 Rhett

Yeah, this was a very disappointing test. They usually use this as their flagship "please buy this after trying it!" demo phase, for every game they do this with. Especially The Division, but they did this for Wildlands too, I believe.

This beta is in poor shape, lots of bugs and issues that weren't as big of a problem previously. I'm disappointed, as I was really looking forward to it after the last tech test. :/

1449 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo