Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 1181 (Pro)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Op Ed Jun 26, 2017, 11:56 Luke

Zanthar wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 11:47:
What happened to that shitty MMO Derek Smart was working on? If Derek didn't have a rich mother to support his failed projects He'd be flipping burgers.

Speaking of failed project.........you will never get your stupid payed funding back now learn to live With it you have been scammed

Pretty sure ya jump right in when a new scammer scream "give me some money or i wont make the game " crowdfunder
God people are soooo easy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
13. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 11:47 Luke

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 11:16:
I like Derek. I like his direct style. But he is full of shit here. He already claimed that CIG was going to go balls up by 2016 at the latest. That didn't happen.

It's obvious that they have money and continue to rake in the cash. There are simply too many fools willing to part with their money. It's unfortunate that there is no game, in effect. Funding Star Citizen IS the game. Yes I believe Star Citizen is basically a scam, that might make some kind of early access game, sometime, maybe...
That doesn't mean they are going to go bankrupt anytime soon though.

Time for bed....gezz blind people will never learn

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 24, 2017, 04:13 Luke

The Wolf to the sheep : i wont eat ya ......sheep :ok come in  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 21, 2017, 10:47 Luke

5000$ in
5000$ out in power consum ...jerk head

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
9. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 21, 2017, 04:47 Luke

All the zombies gladly pay 15$ to play the same all over again in another skin

Pc gamers are so ........forget it clowns

News Comments > ARG Teases Secret World Legends Launch Next Week
2. Re: ARG Teases Secret World Legends Launch Next Week Jun 19, 2017, 10:47 Luke

"Fucking marketing people"
Some1 said.....
Ah yes and that is true, now if only people would stop buying all that DownLoadCrap So that the gamedevs would stop selling halfbaked games.....then gamers may see the light again, and gamedevs would be forced to MAKE games again

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 15, 2017, 03:35 Luke

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 00:47:
Bill Borre wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 22:34:
Hard to believe that we used to have an economy which would sustain such labor...

Yeah, I suppose those sorts of jobs were ok for people of chimp level intelligence aka Trump supporters but for anyone else it's like serving a sentence. It's probably for the best they're gone.

Tuff guy yeaah Tuff guy...Zzzzzzzzzz

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
7. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 08:38 Luke

Rigs wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 23:55:
Christ, you people can be cynical bastards! (I mean that in a adorably loving way! ) You don't like it, don't buy it! Yeah, I get the whole' stagnation of ideas in the industry' thing. I've said as much myself a hundred times before but still. Even back in PC Gaming's 'Golden Age' (1990's), there were remakes and remasters, just not in name. They want to bring back an old classic with updated parts, so be it! I don't have a problem with it. If they just brought it back as a 'Classic Edition' with no enhancements and just leaned on nostalgia alone, then I'd have a problem...

=-Rigs-=

Hmm don't like it don't buy it .......
Thats the same phrase used when the horsearmor was released and just look how That turned out....wiseguy

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Jun 13, 2017, 03:03 Luke

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 20:23:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 17:18:
And they just announced a pirate game based on/spun off the naval stuff of Black Flag. Hell yes. Ubi's having a good show.

I stopped reading right there:

"Skull and Bones will be a multiplayer-focused experience, with players competing to become the most notorious pirate."

It does not take an overly dirty mind to imagine how this will end up in a microtransaction shithell of the most epic of levels. How about a new skin for your sails? Or a new menacing looking figurehead? Just hit the store for bazillions of P2W opportunities! Yippie!!!

And AC Origins just sounds super-boring. We already know how it "ends" so what is there to explore that far in the past? Well, and a retarded season pass makes this another default wait-for-the-GOTY for $10 deal. Fuck Ubishit. If you meant they are having a good shitshow then I agree. Rarely have I ever seen so much garbage announced at just one event.

Well instead of saying fuck ubisoft ya could blame those who pay for all that microtrans...they are the ones who are FUCKED...stop buying all that microshit and they will learn to make games again...
And not all those halfbaked pos.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
18. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 5, 2017, 08:54 Luke

On November 11, 2008, Richard Garriott announced in an open letter to the players of Tabula Rasa that he was leaving NC Soft (the publisher of the game) to pursue other endeavors.

What "actually " happen.......

14. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 4, 2017, 13:20 Luke

Timmeh wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 11:34:
Luke wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 05:43:
2 word's : Tabula rasa

that was a cool game with interesting mechanics and scifi. something we need more of imo.

i played it a bit but couldnt really get into a new game at that time. it still made decent money and there was no reason for it to close.

just like city of heroes. Games getting canned because they are only making a few million a year instead of bazillions so lets kill them.

the curse of modern game production.

Yea tho the game went down fast because Richard garriott left the earth for his spacetrip and forgot all about the game ...but hey he got the money..soo it's hard to believe him now

10. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 4, 2017, 05:43 Luke

2 word's : Tabula rasa  

News Comments > Old Steam Forums Closing
7. Re: Old Steam Forums Closing May 31, 2017, 02:29 Luke

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2017, 01:11:
Suppa7 wrote on May 30, 2017, 23:53:
Creston wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:40:
But that would seem like customer service, and apparently Gabe & Co are deathly fucking allergic to that concept.

LOL you're talking about gabe newell, the man who trojan horsed his way to a billion dollar steam store by basically stealing game ownership of half-life / CS by inserting DRM into it to get an "instant market" for his big plan to sell games and spy on his own customers by forcing drm crapware into every fucking game.

The man is a fucking menace not some savior of gaming, valve was always fucking evil and the drm into half-life proved it. Gabe newell was a former microsoft executive who's motto was "extend, embrace, extinguish"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace%2C_extend_and_extinguish
Steam isn't perfect but I would like to hear your idealized gaming universe. Cuz I feel things are pretty good right now and better than they've ever been.

Cuz i feel
Things are pretty good right now and better than they've ever been.

Sure you do.....sure you do

Steam is 1 big vacuum cleaner draining data from all the " yes" zombies

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 24, 2017, 17:33 Luke

Alexa..Google..siri...well they just can't get enough data from the zombies soon to be installed in ye toilet so they can lick ya ass for genes ....humanity is fucked  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 11:18 Luke

Jivaro wrote on May 23, 2017, 10:53:
Roger Moore passed this morning.

Yea thats sad

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
10. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 21, 2017, 17:25 Luke

"Windows 7, not XP, was the reason last week’s WCry worm spread so widely"

No.....really...waouuu

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
10. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 09:21 Luke

Slick wrote on May 10, 2017, 03:57:
Also, anyone remember when I said this would be the best selling BF game of all time? and easily crack 12m? And people on here told me I was crazy? xD

Well......still are.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 17:35 Luke

WaltC wrote on May 8, 2017, 16:38:
IMHO...

Tablets are only for n00bs who want something other than a cell phone that features a larger screen/interface, but who fear that learning how to operate an actual desktop computer is simply too hard/difficult for them. Mostly, for those people, it's only after they buy a tablet that they discover how incredibly limited they are in terms of general purpose computing, and how much better a DIY Windows box is in terms of value and longevity--as tablets are not user-serviceable, or user-upgradable, etc. Desktop PCs--especially DIY assemblies--blow tablets out of the water in terms of value and longevity and overall usefulness.

But, basically, hard-core tablet people distill into one of two camps:

1) They own a tablet in addition to a desktop PC, not instead of a PC

2) They find that the limited capability of a tablet suits them perfectly and they need nothing else--this is the group that buys tablets instead of desktop PCs. But in a sense they don't count in terms of sales missed for desktop PCs because these people were never desktop PC customers to begin with...;)

Also, much is made of the drop in retail OEM desktop PCs by Dell, etc., at an annual rate. But all of these statistics come from groups (Gartner, inc.) that have always left out a huge chunk of the annual desktop PC marketplace in their estimates--the DIY build-your-own-box people (the group I have belonged to since I bought my last OEM desktop in 1995 for $4700--a Micron with an original 90MHz Pentium and a SCSI hard drive...;))

Ten years ago, DIY tech was neither as cheap nor as accessible nor as plentiful nor as compatible as the PC components market is today, hence while the OEM retail desktop PC market has contracted by 25% since then, even considering the rise of cell phones with tiny GUIs and tablets during the period, it's extremely obvious that the DIY desktop-PC components market has *grown* by *at least* 30% during the same period...! And yet, for some really strange and weird reasons, the official sales' estimate groups like Gartner & IDC, etc., still don't count the DIY desktop market *at all.*...!

I read an estimate by someone not too long ago that put annual motherboard sales by MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte combined running at between 25M-35M units *a year*--for just those three component giants. In short, the components are selling like they've never sold before--and don't forget probably the most important part of the DIY computer components market, the so-called "Mom & Pop" Independent computer dealers globally who build and sell their own local store-brand PCs...! I would estimate there are easily hundreds of thousands, if not a million or two, of "Mom & Pop" independent desktop computer stores globally, that service not only individuals but also local schools and smaller businesses, etc. These desktop PC sales aren't counted, either!

Everywhere we look these days we are being bombarded by fake/incomplete news and numbers. I blame Apple for a lot of this nonsense in the computer market sectors as the company has always projected the Reality Distortion Field as widely as possible--and as such, before the first iPad even sold, Steve Jobs (RIP) was already talking up the "post-PC era"...just to help Apple's marketing of the iPad, etc...;) What a con-man was Jobs--have to give him that if nothing else...;) The truth is that we are entering not only the post tablet era in general, but also the post-iPhone market in particular, as Apple's competitors in the cell-phone market grow ever more successful each year. Apple is superior only for so long as it can hold a monopoly stake in a particular market--like, for instance, the iPad or iPhone, take your pick. The minute that competition enters the arena, however, Apple begins an inevitable decline and the search for the next great fad begins...;) This pattern is in the company's DNA, I'm afraid. OS X, for instance, as a computer OS, has done no better globally than it has because Apple chains it to it's own retail-branded x86 hardware and thus will not compete directly with OSes like Windows or Linux, which can comfortably run on anybody's x86 hardware, including Apple's. When Apple briefly allowed Mac clone makers a very limited permission to manufacture Mac clones (a Mac cloner was required, for instance, to buy 80% of his hardware direct from Apple), Apple could not even compete with the clone makers even under the most restrictive of Apple clone agreements!

But that is how Apple works traditionally : 9 out of ten fads the company starts fail; but the fad that succeeds from Apple is often a huge success temporarily--until after Apple fails at stopping the manufacture and sale of competitive products through its lawsuits division. When competition arrives, Apple finds it cannot compete and so keeps trying to hit the next huge fad market--iWatch, etc. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

To sum up, tablets--not impressed, as you may just possibly be able to discern. It's fitting that the first "tablet" to roll out was the iPad as Apple's entire history as a company consists of rolling the components that other companies make into 'new" flash-in-the-pan products that may or may not make it. OK, subject exhausted--nothing else to say!...;)

Just go to bed ......

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 22, 2017, 04:00 Luke

Well people running around with a straw up there ass , getting sucked dry from data , and now giving a nice little scan of there thumb ...collect ...store ....build next dna unlock of phone and all those °me want , me have " fucked up brain dead zombies says "fine by me"

If ya can't get the low segment to say yes ..........trick them with a lollipop

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 22, 2017, 03:51 Luke

10.000 "may be" NO 10.000 and many many more ARE infected .  

1181 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo