Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 999 (Graduate)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
72. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 19:08 Luke

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 11:37:
dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 11:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 11:14:
dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 10:44:
Yeah, OK, whatever makes you sleep at night.

After all this time of my raising the alarm, all of a sudden "everyone saw it coming". yeah, OK.

Well, to be fair the concerns about the originally given release window (end of 2014) have been around since day one. It has been discussed to death in RSI chat and various forums on the net since the very first days of the campaign.

The funny part is how the White Knights have changed their tune since then.
If (like me, you and many others) you dared to question whether CIG would be able to deliver a full fledged single player game (there was no talk of an episodic release in the early days), a full fledged MMO/PU, player-run servers *and* mod tools in only two years, you had the White Knight brigade cracking down on you and telling you that the game is made by Christ Roberts and that he is the most experienced game developer in the world and everyone who doubts anything is clueless.

Nowadays, you have the very same White Knights defending the delays by posting funny charts of how WoW or Diablo 3 took this long to develop and that it is only logical and was ALWAYS (of course) to be expected that SC would be delayed.
They like to call everyone clueless who believed in the dates originally given by CR/CIG. You know, the same dates that, if you did NOT believe in them in 2012, you got called being clueless as well for not believing in the grandmaster God of game development Christ Roberts Superstar Himself.

Anyway, to say that you "invented" the concerns about delays is a little far-fetched, Derek. Almost everyone (except for the CR cultists) was concerned about it from day one but then Christ Roberts told people to keep pledging so he can hire more people and that more devs would actually get things done faster (yes, he effectively even promised delivery BEFORE the end of 2014 given enough capital supply).

It became clear rather quickly for anyone with open eyes and ears that CR was intentionally dangling the carrot always within reach to keep people pledging. CR likes to excuse himself for his unrealistic dates by saying that he is an "optimist". That is obviously bullshit.
He said at Gamescom 2015 that they were hoping to have the "full" PU online by 2016. Just like the original end of 2014 dates or the numerous missed release dates for the various modules, he can not have seriously believed that. He's not an optimist. He is a fraudulent conman.

Finally, here's my fav quote again (from October 2012 and you can tell from the way the question is worded that there was already a lot of doubt about the given release timeframe back in the first few days):

You have stated that you expect to have an Alpha up and going in about 12 months, with a beta roughly 10 months after that and then launch. For a game of this size and scope, do you think you can really be done in the next two years?

Chris Roberts: Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

^this. I agree in part. But I think we're talking about two separate things.

I blew the alarm about the game not being made, back in July 2015 and wrote a string of blogs since then. That's how it all became mainstream.

Then, I subsequently iterated that no way in hell either of them make it out in 2016.

But yeah, quite a few people already saw the signs. But until I came along, as you know, most of it was drowned by the White Knight rhetoric pushing it all down.

And when it is released and the studio didn't implode as you were saying, are you gonna finally stfu ?
the game as it stands today is already 10x more fun than any of the crap garbage games you have put out, just a little friendly reminder

And when it is released and the studio didn't implode as you were saying, are you gonna finally stfu ?

Ehmm why should he shut up , maybe you could?

the game as it stands today is already 10x more fun than any of the crap garbage games you have put out, just a little friendly reminder ;)

Nada is released yet from your beloved scammer , he did release what he made they not...reminder Clown

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 5, 2016, 06:35 Luke

LittleMe wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 21:27:
Saboth wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 18:33:
I don't see anything worth spending $800 on. Show me some kind of Witcher 3/Skyrim-level game in a full VR world, and I'll think about it. Office simulator or ball bounce simulator with Wii-level graphics and game play doesn't interest me.

Onward seems to be 'the game' that might be the breakthrough VR experience. Getting rave reviews even though it's still in EA.

Yea floating hands and guns ....... Clown 's

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
25. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 18:01 Luke

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 17:58:
@XP Cagey.

Well said sir.

Dunce

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
25. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 05:20 Luke

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 04:56:
nin wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 12:37:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 12:27:
Is it just me or do Alex St. John's new lines sound somehow flat and uninspired?

I honestly wish they'd kept that part as is, instead of tacking new lines on...

He sounds totally flat and uninterested.

He sounds totally flat and uninterested.

Well don't ya all Book

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 3, 2016, 09:02 Luke

Simon Says wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 05:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 22:22:
Way to go intel, confuse the average schmo with multiple chips covering the performance gamut all labeled i5 and i7.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time... Back in core 2 duo days, I had an E6420, which was a desktop dual core 2.13ghz that I had OC'd to 3ghz, the whole system upgrade had cost less than 500$ and people knew. A guy I know who had bought an expensive laptop and everyone knew he paid 2k+, we were at a party, he asked me what model of dual core I had, I knew his was a less power consuming and slower T7xx with less cache, but from the same architecture, he had boasted about it earlier.

So I told him the model number in mine without thinking about those kinds of specifics, he went on laughing mine was slower and the crowd followed, but I simply shut up knowing that at this juncture it was pointless to explain to the clueless drunk crowd and the perhaps also clueless boaster that his CPU was in fact much slower despite the higher numbered model and letter and much higher price.

Clueless people act dumb like this... Intel still not learning from its past mistakes.

Clueless people act dumb like this

No dude people saying this like you do act dumb ...mkay...good

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 13:12 Luke

Apple's iphone 7 announcement = number 7 dadaaaaa  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 2, 2016, 06:26 Luke

Scamware 10 freeze , hmm maybe conflict with peoples antivirus programs

Fucking shitware 10

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 06:24 Luke

Saboth wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 19:06:
"users will now be able to pay $10 a month to skip ads entirely". These companies are insane. No one is going to pay $10 a month to watch CBS content. Or if they do, it will be a one time deal where they pay $10, binge, then cut the service until next year. Netflix/Hulu makes sense at $10, because you have access to thousands of shows, movies and multiple genres. HBO makes sense because you get new premium movies every week. These companies need a reality check if they think people are going to pay $10 a month for one network channel. $1-$2, maybe.

Sadly what i have been seeing over the years , you will be surprised what people will pay for ......... Book

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Fuck this goddamn AssHamper Sep 1, 2016, 04:16 Luke

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:15:
That's not what you want, you lying fucking shitbag. You just want the US to do what you tell it to do already and now that we won't, you're pissy like a little bitch.

Because if we have this "adult conversation", and we tell you "no, you can't have backdoors", you'll throw another fucking tantrum, come up with five more lawsuits and assorted other bullshit, and then next year you'll be whining that you want to "talk about encryption" some more.

You cannot have a fucking backdoor into encryption. (Encryption which, ironically, came into being because you and your fellow fucking "intelligence" agency stooges couldn't stop breaking the fucking law and couldn't stop spying on innocent people.) Period. Full stop. Go the fuck away and never bother us again.

So fuck you. Fuck you with a fucking encrypted iPhone, right in your fucking eyesocket.

tl;dr Fuck you, James Fucking Comey.

Pretty much Allthumbsup

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Launched
5. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Launched Aug 30, 2016, 15:24 Luke

Now with Facebook included in your battlenet , noo thx blizzi

faceshit = farmville
wow = farmgear

Guess the Zombies are happy... Clown 's

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2016, 04:29 Luke

Sad what a great man  

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2016, 07:53 Luke

Does Windows 10 Freeze Your Computer? Try This!

UNINSTALL...problem solved

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: AT&T says LTE can offer up to 1Gb Aug 23, 2016, 03:45 Luke

One pays for 1 gbps tho one will NEVER get it , and its all legal
Put in a regulator that sets the price auto and only up to 1 gbps that way one only PAYS for the actually speed used for years the isp have sucked the paying user dry with all there fake speed promises

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
52. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 06:29 Luke

Listing to all the sheeps going " bahhhhh" when they see a warp , when a map is shown , when a door is open/ closed i can see they will still get money from those " Believers" holy crap bounch of Clown 's  

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
11. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 06:14 Luke

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 15:12:
I'm a founder. It's crap.

Everything that starts with a Founder request is doommed , but peps will not learn Clown

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
2. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 18, 2016, 20:03 Luke

Kindergarten  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 18, 2016, 07:20 Luke

Hope some1 hacks the pukemon go and send all those zombies in a vulcan
they won't even know before it's too late Book

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Changes
4. Re: Overwatch Competitive Changes Aug 16, 2016, 03:03 Luke

Mango shit  

News Comments > Blue Byte's PC Legacy
5. Re: Blue Byte's PC Legacy Aug 15, 2016, 17:30 Luke

Blue Byte yea settlers and was a beta tester for Battle Isle: The Andosia War fun times Book  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
44. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 05:44 Luke

" Did you install the game"
(a) If not do so.

Games anno 2016 and peps swallows it

999 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo