Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 886 (Graduate)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
8. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 11:53 Luke

{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:50:
Funds Raised

Lots of bitches

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 13:05 Luke

Not many believers.... when looking at the state of games today

puto

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 16, 2016, 14:17 Luke

Hahaha yea right ms ...ohh look a unicorn  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2016, 10:27 Luke

Why watch other people play games?

Ehmmm....why not ?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 14, 2016, 11:15 Luke

When those " kickstarters" gets everything delivered , and don't have to fight for its ideer they simply get lazy. Put a note into the contract which should be there in the first place saying: if the "kickstarter" fails to deliver its payback time.

Its so easy to ask for backers and then : ups sorry its not gonna happen

But thanks for the $

Backers = Clown 's

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 14, 2016, 04:54 Luke

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 04:27:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 21:15:
gay hipster bullshit

Interesting way to put it. Right or wrong, that`s what everybody wants these days, so your vote will probably remain unregistered.

that`s what everybody wants these days

Ehmmm..ok you sure ? not everyone sells out to follow the mass not everyone Baby

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 13, 2016, 10:27 Luke

It pays to break the law i see...idiots = the hackers  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 10:56 Luke

Razumen wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 10:16:
The early bird gets the worm, so to speak, and that's what Valve did.

It's not that Steam's too powerful now, it's that all the alternatives kinda suck in comparison.

it's that all the alternatives kinda suck in comparison

And thats why this spyware is too powerfull

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 12, 2016, 06:33 Luke

Half of people plug in USB drives they find in the parking lot

new way to spread your virus load it into the usb drop it and those zombies who always have there head down will find it and load it

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 12, 2016, 06:29 Luke

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 04:23:
If you think about it, paywalls aren`t actually such a bad thing. Back in the day, if I wanted some news I`d buy a newspaper, and so would everybody else.

For some reason now all this HAS to be free, meanwhile people don`t mind shelling out for some stupid shit like "coins" for your fb game or some Groupon crap.

Sadly people will sell there famely for less

Humans are fucked... even tho they don't see it because there head are down all the time

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Apr 11, 2016, 08:03 Luke

DLC killed the games , half baked games rushed out to prepare for the DLC

So say "thank you" to yourself for buying the Horse Amor back then

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2016, 05:20 Luke

Dev wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 22:18:
Then maybe... he should use a car? Noise canceling headphones? Earplugs?

Or maybe those mobil junkies can take a rest while they ride the bus/train , i am pretty sure there world won't fall apart Clown

there world

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2016, 05:34.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2016, 13:24 Luke

He is a hero , lets jam those zombies so they can look up and see the real world...or maybe thats why they escape into this fake virtual world
god the humans are so weak Rolleyes2

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 10, 2016, 11:18 Luke

Facebook Wants You to Post More About Yourself

News Comments > Star Citizen EVA Video
27. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 10, 2016, 05:54 Luke

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 05:09:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 18:44:
Why is it that the player model can not walk on the underside of the platform - what makes the top side so special?
Artificial gravity. It's present in ships and platforms but obviously not on the underside of unused areas. I believe they're looking at a magnetic boots style system for other areas but it's not confirmed as far as I'm aware.

The model itself is super stiff as fuck and the ragdoll having no 'life' to it.
It's still very much work in progress. They've been iterating on this repeatedly over the last few months, with noticeable changes between PTU builds. The initial release was so bad they had to revert back to the previous system - now it's really enjoyable. This is nowhere near final.

Can someone tell me what they see in it because I'm not seeing anything impressive.
There's never been any game made on this scale with this level of freedom. The work they've done on zero-g animations is impressive and nowhere near completion. The procedural planet tech is progressing rapidly. Multi-crew ships where players can move around freely has never been done before. The game is breaking major new ground technologically. Every time I try out the game it's improved from where it was before. Don't get me wrong though, as there's a huge amount of development still left and the game is in its infancy.

Kxmode wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:13:
Vaporware
Troll.

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:32:
Meh, that's probably the wrong term for it. 2.3 plays nicely, even if it's only one environment. They'll just never make it a "universe" of 100 systems before they run out of money. There's a reason E:D and NMS went procedural.
Star Citizen combines procedural with artist driven design. There's a video here demonstrating that. The planets themselves will be procedural, with landing zones created by hand from a pool of assets. It means that once they have the assets created (shops, textures, materials, etc) they can quickly ramp up the number of planets. Don't forget that SC isn't due out this year, only S42 is - the full game won't be until at least last 2017, more likely beyond that.

Frijoles wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 22:46:
Meh, wasn't Shattered Horizon doing this a half a decade ago?
No. The whole point of the video is the animations and transitions, with the combined animations of first-person and third-person. Anyone can make a zero-g game where you simply float about.

Baby

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
27. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 7, 2016, 10:51 Luke

Necrophob wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 10:29:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 08:38:
Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 20:41:
Considering the spirit of DOOM is supposed to be all about community. Community made maps, tweaks, mods, servers. This is just DOOM in name only. That writing was on the wall the moment iD sold out.

They still support that according to the news bit above. Am I missing something?

We know the DOOM community has always been about great user-generated content, and thatís something we want to continue to encourage with SnapMap, an innovative new component of DOOM designed to make creating, sharing and playing new game experiences fast and easy. On top of being able to access and play new modes and maps created by your fellow gamers, id plans to offer content updates for SnapMap, including map modules; props and objects; additional features and functionality; AI enhancements; editing tool enhancements and more. Multiplayer will also receive content updates in the form of new game modes. Both of these SnapMap and multiplayer updates will be free to use and play.

Am I reading this wrong, or does it mean that you won't be able to create new meshes or create your own mods for Doom? They'll sell you new shit that you can then drop into this SnapMap Kindergarten map editor?

Sure you can tho you have to pay for it

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
16. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 7, 2016, 05:59 Luke

Its so simple so simple just don't buy ANY dlc and we will not see this

But i guess it hurts to much clicking the NO

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 DLC
1. Re: Bus Simulator 16 DLC Apr 6, 2016, 10:43 Luke

Yet another Down Load Crap , how about putting it in the game from the start....this DLC is yet another reason game of today are crap  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 5, 2016, 09:24 Luke

Darks wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 08:34:
SlimRam wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 04:31:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 02:26:
No love for the greatest space sim ever made?
Eh, I can speak for myself when I say i'm tired of 'The Dog and Pony Show'? From what I have watched of these he talks about some fairly minor points of the game development that they are currently working on. As a non-backer and a guy that would just like to play the finished game a lot of this info is irrelevant. Basically, give me a shipping date, at this point that's all I care about.

I am a backer, 60 dollars in. And I've been tired of the BS for the past two years. Like You All I want at this point is to see the fricking game released.

I am a backer, 60 dollars in.

Ha......you had it comming no sorry for ya , backers are for the lazy developers

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
22. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 18:44 Luke

Cartoonish version of cs whatever makes the peps happy whatever makes......  

886 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo