Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 998 (Graduate)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2016, 04:49 Luke

shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 04:27:
Flo wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 04:16:
shihonage wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 03:13:
If it removes crapware, will it uninstall Win 10 as well?
Sigh

Before doing all that sighing, you may want to research the EULA you agreed to when installing Windows 10. Hint: it lets Microsoft take your files for any reason at any time.

You may also want to research whether unticking all those boxes which let it spy on you, actually did anything.

Hint: it did not. And third-party utilities don't do the job, either.

http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/windows-10-spying-investigation/

In addition, Win10 has been known to uninstall third-party drivers and software without user consent, as well as revert user-changed settings by itself.

It is the OS that won't let you disable Windows Update. And at this point I wouldn't put it past them to run hidden processes to that effect, should you neuter its service.

With Windows 10, you're no longer any resemblance of "admin". You're just another peripheral.

That OS is the beginning of Microsoft's end. No amount of DX12 and other kind of planned obsolescence is going to force me to ever use it.

When Win8.1 stops being supported, I will actually go to Linux. Good thing I don't play modern games.

Allthumbsup

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
33. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 17:26 Luke

ItBurn wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 17:05:
You guys are not good at history.

We're constantly accepting things that are slightly shittier, because it's not so bad, or because most people don't care. Now we have to pay 15$ for a DLC containing a new multiplayer map. Back then, maps were free and you had deep mod tools to make your own. That's ONE example.

Allthumbsup

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
59. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 11:48 Luke

Slashman wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:54:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 16:25:
Anyway that's why I'm done with crowdfunding. They had their chance. They all fucked it up in one way or another and now I just don't give a crap anymore. And let's face it... PoE and WL2 while "decent" have stayed FAR below fan expectations so if crowdfunding dies entirely it wouldn't be a huge loss.

And here we have the gist of it. You are done with crowdfunding. That does not mean that crowdfunding hasn't happily continued and won't in the future. I also want to know what publisher would have even given those games a chance to be made. Because according to everything we know, no one wanted to.

So I'll take a game that was never going to be made in the first place which is missing a couple features over never seeing another of its type again because those same publishers keep shitting all over the very suggestion of funding those types of games at all.

Also, those same companies which you claimed disappointed the fans (all of which you speak for, I'm sure) still had successful crowdfunding campaigns after. So I'm scratching my head as to where exactly, are these hoards of fans who were so put out by the 'false' promises of these kickstarter developers that they too, would never touch crowdfunding again.

(all of which you speak for, I'm sure)

That sunnyboy goes both ways ...mkay i am pretty sure ya speaks for all Clown

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
25. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 14, 2016, 18:57 Luke

Well looking at all those titles coming out and also all the big compagnies that are supporting this rushed piece of " wonderware"

It is clear that game creators are believing in it BIGTIME

3D rushed
VR rushed

Dunce

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
4. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 12:25 Luke

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:42:
The good thing about game announcements with Windows 10 is that I can easily tell which game I will never buy ;p

While I do have Windows 10 (but I use W7) I will never support this exclusivity nonsense that has marketing and not technical reason.

So...you have this sniffing tool installed and yet : I will never support this exclusivity nonsense that has marketing and not technical reason.

Closet user ? Clown

8. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 15:59 Luke

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 15:52:
Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 14:50:
Jagacademy wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:13:
Seems like there are a lot of VR games coming out...how many people actually have VR units?

VR is seriously getting out of hand. I personally will not put some stupid VR device on my head and years from now wonder why my eyes are all fucked up like in the movie the Jerk.

And that looks lame as shit, floating weapons? Give me a fucking break!!

Yep, here we go, more people bitching about something they don't understand. The "floating guns" thing is becoming standard because unless people want to strap MORE shit to their arms, the game can't always properly guess your arm location, and IF IT IS WRONG, you will flip the fuck out as your brain tries to figure out why your arms are broken. Also, when you're playing, you DON'T NOTICE the guns are floating.

You and Cutter and everyone else on here who hates technology that's beyond what they can comprehend won't believe me, but whatever. Until you play around with it, you CANNOT understand why it's so incredible. You think that it's just a monitor on your face, and 3D, and so you think that sounds pretty lame and have written it off.

YES, it's true that most VR titles out right now are glorified tech demos. This is literally like having to start all over on game design. They're still working out First Person locomotion, as teleporting doesn't feel right and "sliding along" makes people sick. If someone is given enough visual cues, you can put them on a moving platform, but that again limits what kinds of games that can be done.

But then there are the things that we can do in VR that you CANNOT do on a monitor. You can have swordfights where you actually have to maneuver your sword around their armor, then go explore a dungeon where you may need to physically crouch to get under a swinging blade (Vanishing Realms). There's a bizarre gun fetishist game where reloading actually makes you eject your clip and physically insert a new one...and it doesn't approximate. You need to ACTUALLY get the clip into the gun, not just get it neat the socket (Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades). Shooting gallery games make a lot of sense in VR, so you'll see there are a lot of them popping up.

Also, VR is where "walking simulators" can thrive, as just being in a new environment is thrilling in VR. Sure, you can't slide along without being sick, but teleporting doesn't feel "cheap" in exploration games. You simply point to where you want to look around, click and you're there. If there's no combat, it simply takes the wasted time of moving over there out of it.

Ripping on VR without having tried it makes you just sound bitter. You will compare it to failed technology, because you can't understand why it's so much better than what you have. You're the horse rider, telling everyone the automobile is crap.

Lots of nothing ...the weapons are STILL floating 3D -VR = pushing shit out for tha money and SOME i see jumps right in defending there purchase ... Book

3. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 13:27 Luke

Woooow floating guns , cool hardware  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
9. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 15:00 Luke

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 14:22:
So, have I been successfully ignoring SC news, or has there been less of it lately?

Guess they don't need tha money right now else ya would have seen plenty of small alpha delpha version's Book

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 14:58 Luke

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 11:42:
But it's great performance at a great price.

But your life will still be the same

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 07:44 Luke

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 02:42:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 00:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 21:12:
Was really impressive till he got in the shower. You hear his metal feet clunk on the floor as he moves around, camera shows a long shot... he turns around and wipes off the glass with his metal hand like it has skin and makes a skin noise instead of metal across the glass. Maybe I'm nitpicking but it was really solid building atmosphere and then it fucked it up.
Synthetic Skin, i.e. transparent skin which can be injected with any color, will be around long before most, if not all these other enhancements. Doubt they could use real lab grown skin, over metal (actually he's probably got some graphite composite) , for quite awhile.

It's just annoying to hear a metal hand to what a normal hand or hand with some sorta rubbery substitute would do, not to mention it should leave lines from just the contact points. I know it's nitpicking but it's annoying as fuck.

I know it's nitpicking but it's annoying as fuck.

Is that a disease Book

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
27. Re: etc., etc. Jun 7, 2016, 04:32 Luke

Yet another begger on the move Book  

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
11. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 7, 2016, 04:30 Luke

Thanks  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 7, 2016, 04:29 Luke

They simply can't control there real life , on a phone they can (or)

Sad sad zombies

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 4, 2016, 09:15 Luke

Facial recognition will soon end your anonymity.

And thats why : Think further than your nose" when they intro new "Fantastic" software , like the Zuckmedryberg Faceshit... but nono " tinfoilhat" well i like my hat have fun Clown 's

Stop up inhail and THINK..but i guess thats to much for many

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
17. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 3, 2016, 05:33 Luke

Well IT'S new soooo  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 04:58 Luke

Your Old Video Games Might Actually Be Worth a Lot of Money

Yep alot and i like it.

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
10. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 16:32 Luke

SO now Spysteam want a pipeline to GOG .....they GOG are selling out Clown 's  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 May 30, 2016, 14:33 Luke

Yifes wrote on May 30, 2016, 13:20:
Luke wrote on May 30, 2016, 12:09:
nin nails it 99% of the time

Ohhhh... Book

99% of your posts look like they're typed by monkeys with too many chromosomes, so nin's posts are like PHD theses compared to what you write.

monkeys

Aren't we all.... but thanks for reading them , now back on your knees again loverboy

19. Re: Steam Top 10 May 30, 2016, 12:09 Luke

RedEye9 wrote on May 30, 2016, 11:37:
jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2016, 00:00:
Slick wrote on May 29, 2016, 23:01:
deqer wrote on May 29, 2016, 20:17:
Oh-h-h-h nin... what would we do without you?

Evolve beyond the 10-year old capacity to only make quip 1-line snarky remarks?

Tell me I'm wrong, that guy has like 20,000 posts, and I've never seen one more than 1 sentence long. Look at his post history. It's like he can't keep more than 10 words bouncing around in his head at one time or else it will explode. This isn't twitter.

It's called succinctness. Nin's posts used to be longer. He leveled up. You might try it.

+1
nin nails it 99% of the time. Slick is jealous that his micro tirades don't even come close.

nin nails it 99% of the time

Ohhhh... Book

13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 30, 2016, 08:03 Luke

nin wrote on May 29, 2016, 19:44:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 29, 2016, 17:50:
Fucking what??? Youtuber's fucking life in a fucking Steam fucking top 10???

DAFUXXORATION???

This is it, guys. May 29th 2016. Gaming has officially totally gone down the shitter. Doomsday. It's over. The fucktards have won.

Is you post supposed to be humorous? You sound like a 14 y/o.

Is you post supposed to be humorous? You sound like a 14 y/o.

Uhhhh..... Book

998 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo