Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 941 (Graduate)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Security Hole Released
1. Re: Security Hole Released Sep 28, 2016, 10:45 Luke

Security hole on steam.....yep from day one Book  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed
5. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed Sep 24, 2016, 16:58 Luke

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 16:28:
A rootkit? Well that kills any Capcon purchase for me ever again. I don't care if they removed it, horrible decision to even put one in. What is wrong with these developers?????

Don't know ask blizzard and valve why they did it to.... Clown

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
50. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 05:08 Luke

DangerDog wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 03:28:
Facebook owns Oculus, zuckerberg is huge donor to Clinton. But hey, let's pull our games from Oculus and all of their customer base because of some cartoon pictures posted on the internet with a stupid frog in them.

Skankhunt42 strikes again!

Facebook owns Oculus

This alone should make people stop !!

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
3. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 19:04 Luke

Facebook infested shit...no thx Book  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: removed Sep 19, 2016, 19:27 Luke

Mann you guys defends uber , even tho they STEAL jobs says alot of ya Clown 's  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 18, 2016, 11:15 Luke

RoboNerd wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 23:20:
A friend of mine is fortunate enough to live in the part of the KC metro served by Google Fiber and he says he doesn't notice much of a difference in downloading data, it is the higher upload speed that impressed him. He is a commercial artist and works on large graphic and animation files which he sends to clients for review. Most of the traffic coming down seems to be limited by the service at the other end, if that makes sense.

it is the higher upload speed that impressed him.

It is google and they have to serve fbi , cia that why the upload is higher

News Comments > Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes
3. Re: Battle.net Adds Paid Name Changes Sep 17, 2016, 04:34 Luke

Well after this Facebook infested login its a : AND!?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 16, 2016, 05:07 Luke

heroin wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 14:43:
Been having fun with Legion. Just began the end game grind... two aspects that I really like about the end game grind:

I really like the end game zone, Suramar, and the concept behind it. It feels a little something that began as a bit of an experiment that became tightened and fleshed out so it feels a bit different than anything we're accustomed to in WoW.

World Quests, grinding away for gear to get to heroics has never felt so good. The "quests" feel pretty good, there are plenty of people attacking the elite mobs which helps if you like to play solo. And usually the quest begins with a Warcraft 3 voice acted face blab. Playing the world quests also made me realize a lot of the details I had missed on my first go.

One thing that still pisses me off is how long it takes to queue for an instance. They can still take up for 30-45 minutes which is just absurd. Not to mention that most of the new instances have been sort of long and braindead experiences, unfortunately. Hopefully, playing on Heroic will change that.

Good for ya that ya love this facebook infested shit , grinding farmville faceshit

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 15, 2016, 13:35 Luke

Samsung Zombie don't give a shit hell they even don't know what is happening around them , they just walk around with there necks at 90 degrees When there samsung lollipop catch fire they will lift there head and go huu  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 15, 2016, 04:40 Luke

Kxmode wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:39:
For anyone interested Everspace is finally available on Steam early access.

Ehm ?? ok well there is cheap coca cola in wallmart today also

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 04:35 Luke

LittleMe wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:01:
Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 19:15:
So Nvidia can mine your shit and sell it to marketers, I'd imagine?

This! What's next? Our motherboards will require a login and spy on us for marketing reasons so that advertised features will function?

This is a violation of good business practice I'm sure of that!

I used shadowplay for recording gameplay. For me also it was the reason I bought nVidia cards. Now shadowplay 2.x will not even work. nVidia retroactively disabled it (it won't re-enable now with a full driver reinstall). 3.0 requires a system audit and they will sell that information. It's very creepy and I don't want their bullshit audit. What I have on my PC is none of their fucking business.

So now I can't record any gameplay. They've resorted an audit extortion so that I can record. "We demand to audit your PC, lest you won't be able to record gameplay."

Well instead of saying like MANY people have and are saying : If you don't wanna use it then don't , and there by accept all that shit compagnies throw at us , maybe we could have been without this shit , next login / pay for update....fucking Clown

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 14, 2016, 01:24 Luke

Adblock
Get people to use your product and then screw them...typically

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
8. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 07:42 Luke

Well he saw the future for his beloved game and it said : Facebook infected  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
19. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 12, 2016, 06:07 Luke

Slick wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 02:00:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:21:
ROFL, amazing how the internet breeds idiots. Sony did NOT include a 4k blue ray drive, their PS4 announcement shows a PS4 that is less powerful than the new xbox. Last time I looked the market is loaded with 4k TV's and monitors, it is hard to find a 1080p one these days. the ps4 can't do true 4k, it will just upscale. Lastly unless you have a 60+ TV you won't be able to tell the difference anyways.

Anyways real gamers are playing on the PC. Sony and Microsoft would not have made these changes unless they have been feeling major pressure from PC's.

How is that in any shape or form a nail in the coffin for the xbox? It anything it might be the nail in the PS4's lead over the xbox.

The drivel that people post on the internet is mind numbing.

Who in the fuck cares about a UHD blu-ray drive.

You all still renting from blockbuster? Not sure if you've been living under a rock, but physical media is dead.

And to say that the PS4Pro won't be as powerful as the vaporware product from xbox that's still at least a year away from being released... is that an argument?

*THIS JUST IN*

Next year's tech will be better than last years! Also scientists confirm that water is still wet. Also, scientists conclude that a fucking Titan + 6700k can't really do native 4k in all titles, so scorpio won't have a hope in hell.

Then you continue the circus by saying how ridiculous it is that Sony can't even do native 4k, "they'll just upscale". Only to follow up with "And you can't even notice 4k on anything less than a 60" screen!" You sir, seem to have forgotten what you're mad at.

You are right about one thing however: "The drivel that people post on the internet is mind numbing. "

Couldn't agree more.

Not sure if you've been living under a rock

Well he is living next to you so yes.

The drivel that people post on the internet is mind numbing

Yep just saw yours Clown

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Sep 11, 2016, 06:45 Luke

headkase wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 12:57:
Removing an application, any application, from the Windows Store just shows how Microsoft is going the Apple "walled-garden" approach. If Sweeney is right and Microsoft shepherds everyone towards the Windows Store over the next few years and at the same time gradually phases out Win32 freedoms then we'll be left with only "Microsoft Approved" software allowed on our own damn personal machines.

And you are ALL using winspy 10 gz to ya all. Clown 's

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
172. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 10, 2016, 06:42 Luke

Kxmode wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 05:29:
Most of you know my history with Star Citizen. However, for those who do not, I will give you the 10-second snapshot.

> Backed Star Citizen on 01/2013 (1st purchase: Digital Mercenary - LTI for $40)
> Continued to back until 11/2014 (last purchase: Standalone Ship - Drake Herald - LTI for $85)
> Total backed: $930
> Felt very confident about project in 2013
> Confidence began to wane in late 2014
> Become uncomfortable about project in early 2015
> Requested a full refund on 07/2015
> Received a full refund a month later. Sandi directly involved herself. Details are fully documented here.

Have I been a vocal opponent of SC in the past? Absolutely. I think I created #BlackKnightsMatter and thought SC had a lot in common with a long con; both of which Derek used on his blogs. However, today I am indifference. I am neither for or against Star Citizen. If both SQ42 and the MMO does well, I am happy for CIG and the backers. If not, well it was one of most expensive crowdfunding experiments in history.

So that is the mindset I had when I read **BREAKING NEWS** Foundry42 (UK) Filed Financials!! and a few of Derek's other links from the Drama Megathread. I am scratching my head. I put nearly 4X more into Star Citizen than Derek and yet the level of negative attention and vitriol is head scratching. There's something more than Derek's passion for wanting to warn people about the project. It almost feels like a private vendetta of some sort. All I am saying is this much hate at such a constant rate for this long cannot be healthy for anyone. It feels like it is bordering on mental illness at a Khan level. As Spock would say, "It is illogical."

Worth noting. I logged into my RSI account and found that, while I do not own any ships, apparently I still have a bunch of stuff.

> 100M REWARD - 2943 WAR BOND
> 56M REWARD - J-SPAN CRYO-STAR COOLER
> 55M REWARD - PREACHER ARMAMENT INQUISITION XXII GATLING
> 52M REWARD - BB-12 MANNED MANEUVERING UNIT
> 49M REWARD - XI’AN SPACE PLANT
> 47M REWARD - ENGINE TUNING KIT
> 45M REWARD - HADESIAN ARTIFACT
> 42M REWARD - EXPLORER-CLASS MOBIGLAS RIG

Okay, I am done. I will go back to bad Monty Python jokes and general jocularities.

There's something more than Derek's passion for wanting to warn people about the project. It almost feels like a private vendetta of some sort.

Many people in here , do not like others to say : You are wrong sad people indeed

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2016, 16:10 Luke

Simon Says wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:01:
Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 12:01:
Pay for patches? Lol! Class-actions incoming in 3...2...1...

Probably referring to the few games which will get additional work done to make them look better @ 4k by more than just increasing resolution. Some will probably bundle new assets and ask a DLC-like price for the patch, or offer 2 patches, one free without the assets and one with them.

Jezz you sounds like one who WILL pay for it if it ever happens....... Clown

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2016, 04:55 Luke

And thats why we let OTHER peps take care of whatever we need to have taken care off..banks , cloud...and so on  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 05:21 Luke

Simon Says wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:37:
Qbex . wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:47:
ps4 pro - please stop that 4k capable nonsense, with the hardware it got its just a 1080p console full stop. Pr people are delusional.

Nonsense, I decided to test this lately using a GTX 1060 which is around the power offered by the PS4 pro for 4k. My findings have been pretty interesting.

Witcher 3, 4k DSR all settings on Ultra except foliage distance ( high ), shadows ( high ), grass distance ( high ) and gimpworks ( off ). Postprocessing all off except light shafts, SSAO, Blur, Chromatics. FPS cap at 30 adaptive sync @ half refresh rate ( 60hz/2 ).

Results? Mostly rock solid 30fps across the board, very playable, very few noticeable tearing = few drops below 30. That's without intrinsic commands, that's without async, without Vulkan or DX12, without any targeted console optimizations and direct to metal coding.

So, will they have games which were running @ 1080p/30fps on the PS4 running @ 4k/30fps on the PS4 pro? The answer is an easy yes. Will the games running @ 60 fps in 1080p run @ 60 fps in 4k? Again, yes.

At this point, if the Xbone Scorpio is indeed 50% faster than the PS4 pro, could they with a few tweaks get the games which were running @ 30 fps upscaled to 1080p on the original Xbone to run @ 4k native, or the very least, 4k upscaled from say 3325x1871 ( which is about 3 times as many pixels as 1080p instead of 4x for 4k ) @ 60fps? Highly probable.

You see the problem with PC mindset right now is that most have lost the age old art of tweaking settings minimizing eye candy loss and maximizing perf, like they must absolutely run at 60fps or more with everything maxed.

I've been tweaking settings for 20 years now, ever since the first 3Dfx card hit the market. I've got it down to a damn art, I ain't shy about fiddling around with ini files, mods, whatever. And if I can make Witcher 3 run 30fps@4k on a GTX1060 without all the advantages listed above of console optimizations, without access to what the developers have access to tweak their settings ( sometimes even dynamically, dynamic res amongst others, I'm looking at you with envy, get your ass over to the PC ) to hit a particular performance while minimizing eye candy loss. Why wouldn't they be able to?

I don't think this is delusion kid. 20 years of experience and a bit of messing around tweaking Witcher 3 with, relatively speaking, very limited means attests to it.

The question isn't IF its going to happen, but HOW its going to happen.

Lots of wannabe : no prove just words 2x Clown

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 05:17 Luke

Kxmode wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 01:03:
Despite the ending of the third game I loved the ME series, however, thanks to Sean Murray's tomfoolery I am not going to preorder.

Side note, I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes from the video. Like could this be the Squadron 42 Chris is hoping to make but likely will never achieve? Or am I looking too much into this? Feel free to correct me.

I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes

Gezz take a pill

941 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo