Limit Results:

251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older

Re: Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter Unlock
Jan 3, 2011, 15:00
Re: Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter Unlock Jan 3, 2011, 15:00
Jan 3, 2011, 15:00

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 12:29:
I've played this game on my 360, and I really enjoyed it when it was first released. I've tried the demo of DS2 on the 360 and it feels much the same with some changes to zero gravity for example made it much much easier to navigate. Not sure I am liking the changes all that much and I am afraid the sequel will be more of the same like an expansion pack.

If it's already good, why risk changing the formula? More of the good stuff is fine with me.

Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting
Jan 3, 2011, 14:57
Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting Jan 3, 2011, 14:57
Jan 3, 2011, 14:57

Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 14:32:

To me the differences between playing a game on the PC vs console are about the same as DVD vs BluRay.

That's a pretty huge difference. BluRays are much higher resolution than DVDs and it really is an obvious difference.

Actually the difference really isn't that obvious unless you compare side by side. If I brought a Bluray/DVD combo to a friend's house and he told me he only had a DVD player, I really wouldn't mind. Same thing with PC/consoles. If it seems to be made for consoles, I'll play it on my xbox. If it has mods and seems to be doing alright on PC, I'll get it for PC.

Win-win situation for me!

Re: Minecraft Enters Beta
Dec 21, 2010, 03:14
Re: Minecraft Enters Beta Dec 21, 2010, 03:14
Dec 21, 2010, 03:14

Xirix wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 02:06:
What is so special about this game?

I read a few things about Minecraft..it must be the gameplay right?

It's alright, it really just has to fit your personality. It's like a 3D Microsoft paint. You can design some really basic stuff with it at first(cubes, pyramids, basic 2D art) and can master it if you play it enough. I was on a server today that had a USS Enterprise and a stunning work of 2D art.

You can try it for yourself free online if you register at Minecraft's site. You play in your browser, and it works pretty well. I played for a while but realized that photoshop was much better for 2D stuff, while the Sims was better for making fake houses.

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam
Dec 20, 2010, 23:30
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 23:30
Dec 20, 2010, 23:30

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 20:29:
Mcboinkens wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 20:19:
There are two options. Higher minimum wage for waiters with no tips, or leave it how it is now. The problem with no tips is that the motivation to be friendly and efficient with customers at the restaurant disappears when tips don't exist. At least now, you still have the option not to tip. I hate tipping, but it'd be much worse to be forced to pay more even with a terrible server.

If the wages were good, they'd have no reason for low motivation. It would be their well payed job and they have to carry it out perfectly or they lose it. Simple.

But... their wages suck. And that you hate to give tips says allot about you, however offending that sounds.

Not really. It says I respect the money I earn and don't like giving it to people that do lousy jobs because giving 10-15% is the social normality and they can't get jobs that pay steady rates. If they do a good job waiting on me I have no problem, though.

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam
Dec 20, 2010, 20:19
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 20:19
Dec 20, 2010, 20:19

There are two options. Higher minimum wage for waiters with no tips, or leave it how it is now. The problem with no tips is that the motivation to be friendly and efficient with customers at the restaurant disappears when tips don't exist. At least now, you still have the option not to tip. I hate tipping, but it'd be much worse to be forced to pay more even with a terrible server. he

Back to the package deal, I still think it seems idiotic to say "If you didnt pay X then you should be ashamed." Name your price is name your price, they have to deal with it.

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells 1M, Now on Steam
Dec 20, 2010, 15:10
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells 1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 15:10
Dec 20, 2010, 15:10

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 14:53:
Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 14:42:
Hey, "Pay what you want" MEANS "Pay what you want." If nothing else, the games and developers are getting more exposure than they ever would otherwise. And it has brought in over a million bucks. That's impressive.

I suppose you don't believe in tips, either?

Yeah, you can pay what you want...but the point of the thing is that you should pay what you think the games are worth to you - as well as giving you the opportunity to support a great charity like Child's Play.

If you want to pay 1¢ you CAN...but don't be upset if people think that's a lame thing to do.

-Jn-
Ifirit Sophist

If they were worried about it, they would have set a minimum price, which they didn't. If someone offers you a car for $10, are you going to give them a couple of thousand instead? Only if you are wealthy. If not, you take what you are given and are thankful for their generosity, while they are in return thanked by big givers.

Dec 20, 2010, 14:50
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells 1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 14:50
Dec 20, 2010, 14:50

Also, how are the games other than Braid? Worth buying? I thought Braid was a blast and would buy the package for Braid alone if I didn't already have it.

Dec 20, 2010, 14:49
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells 1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 14:49
Dec 20, 2010, 14:49

peteham wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 13:28:
Ugh, looking at the average, people must be paying douchetacular amounts, like $0.01... Seeing a median value would be interesting, though probably depressing as well.

Well look at it from someone else's perspective. If they haven't researched the games, they arn't going to drop loads of money into it. Or, in my case, I already have two of the games are have dropped ~$15 on them. If the median is $7 or whatever, why would I drop another $20, therefore spending $28 more than the average? If they really wanted more than .01 per package, they wouldn't have done name-you-own-price. They did this for publicity and big companies that can drop 500+ on one package, equalizing sales.

Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar
Dec 10, 2010, 17:34
Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar Dec 10, 2010, 17:34
Dec 10, 2010, 17:34

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 10, 2010, 12:02:
Ventura wrote on Dec 10, 2010, 11:03:
Thank you to all you jagoffs who bought this POS and send the message that they can keep charging more for less. I for one choose not to support them!

I don't get it.

Aside from having a single player campaign and decent multiplayer, it's got zombies (the standard, and even a top-down mode), and full offline multiplayer where you can play with bots and earn experience as you would by playing standard multiplayer.

If that's them charging more for less, you're going to have to enlighten me, because from where I'm sitting, that cd is packed full of goodies.
For me it's basically because it's just one scripted scene after another. It's practically a rails shooter. It's boring, frustrating and not even worth finishing.

Good for you. you only play singleplayer. That's why they have games like Half Life, Crysis, Bioshock, and GTA. What we are debating is why people say we shouldn't buy this game at all. It's different if you don't buy it because it doesn't fit your gaming profile. In other words, it's fine if you don't buy it, but don't insult us because we do.

Dec 10, 2010, 08:53
Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar Dec 10, 2010, 08:53
Dec 10, 2010, 08:53

Jerykk wrote on Dec 10, 2010, 02:35:
Granted, vanilla TF2 was very good, but even that wasn't very different than COD(Small maps, customizable classes, etc).

Last I checked, you can't disguise yourself as enemy players, deploy turrets and health stations or rocket-jump in CoD.

My issue with CoD (and pseudo-realistic military shooters in general), the fundamental combat is just boring. First one to aim at the other wins. Just point and shoot. Even a total newb can join a game and get a few kills. Conversely, games like Tribes are far more involved. For example, in Tribes, you have to consider the following things before making any shot:

- Projectile speed and trajectory.
- Target speed and trajectory.
- Your own speed and trajectory.
- Distance between you and the target.
- The spot where your target will most likely land within the next few seconds (predicting this requires a thorough understanding of the game's physics and traversal mechanics, as players will typically go for steep declines in the terrain so as to gain or maintain momentum).
- The splash radius of your projectile.
- The damage of your projectile.
- Your ping.
- Your target's ping.

And that's just for shooting. Learning how to ski (basic movement in Tribes) well took months. Naturally, the steep learning curve resulted in newbs getting completely destroyed (negative scores were common due to unintentional suicides) but such is the price of deep and challenging gameplay. When compared to Tribes, combat in CoD is just painfully mundane and shallow.

Tribes wasn't that hard, those rose colored glasses are showing their full effect right now. But yeah I mean obviously COD isn't going to have the only few things that make TF2 unique, but it still has its own properties to be cherished. Stating a game is terrible and all of its players are just sheep, and saying the game isn't for you are two completely different opinions.

Dec 10, 2010, 01:18
Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar Dec 10, 2010, 01:18
Dec 10, 2010, 01:18

Are these game sales figures PC only? I'm assuming it includes consoles. If that is that case, you guys can hop off the hate train for COD. It's one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. It's no Counter Strike: Source remake but it is still really fun. I don't understand how people can hate on Black Ops, which is the essential run and gun, stealth tactic or camp multiplayer that everyone likes, while still having a hardon for TF2, which to me has become probably the biggest joke of a game I have ever seen. Granted, vanilla TF2 was very good, but even that wasn't very different than COD(Small maps, customizable classes, etc). The only way I could see not enjoying this multiplayer was if I played by myself. If you are doing that, find a friend to play splitscreen with(consoles), or join a clan or ask around. I'm sure you'll find people who play. Do one in the chamber with them, sticks and stones, demolition. It can be intense, exciting or even funny. My friends and I have spent hours just watching each others clips in theater.

But everyone likes their own brand I suppose.

Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Moves
Dec 9, 2010, 20:05
Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Moves Dec 9, 2010, 20:05
Dec 9, 2010, 20:05

Overon wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 18:12:
I don't know much about WOW but it's not all interconnected? You can be left behind by your friends like a piece of garbage when they move to a different "realm"?

At that point, I don't think you can call them friends. Anyway, it's more for tactical reasons by both Blizzard and players. If a realm is getting packed, customers will complain about a queue. Transfers help keep that from happening. My guild transferred back in the day because our server was "dying". A lot of people were quitting but there were little new players or transfer to fill the gap. That made raiding less likely, BG queues longer, and auction houses more useless. However, I still regret transferring with them, because they had already formed their little elitist group. Meanwhile, my actual friends(on teh interwebs) stayed. Oh well, that was almost 4 years ago now. Good times, though.

Side note: I'll never understand why people hate WoW or people that play it a ton. I played it something like 7 hours a day at one point, and that was with school in full swing too. Yeah I sort of got out of shape, but I had so much fun. I was playing because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Instead, now I play FPS a few hours or less a day. The only difference is that I can drop my FPS game whenever I want, but in WoW I didn't want to let down guildmates/friends. I have no idea where I am going with this so I'll stop now...

Re: Coldplay Rips Off Mario
Dec 4, 2010, 15:43
Re: Coldplay Rips Off Mario Dec 4, 2010, 15:43
Dec 4, 2010, 15:43

rist3903 wrote on Dec 4, 2010, 02:16:
So what? It is highly unlikely that this is a conscious attempt to copy it and even if it is, all art is derivative. Who gives a swut.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke, boss.

Re: Steam Recommendations
Nov 19, 2010, 18:41
Re: Steam Recommendations Nov 19, 2010, 18:41
Nov 19, 2010, 18:41

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 19, 2010, 18:40:
Everyone remember that scene in Minority Report where Tom Cruise is walking down the street getting pestered by tailor-made advertisements, just for him?

It's coming. I just hope I'm dead before it hits.
Yeah, because adverts catered to an individual's tastes and preferences are so much more offensive than generic adverts plastered all over the media. But if you'd rather be dead then please don't let any of us stop you.

Seriously, its a better and more efficient system then all these random ads for things I really couldn't care less for.

Re: Steam Top 10
Nov 14, 2010, 22:50
Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 14, 2010, 22:50
Nov 14, 2010, 22:50

I saw the counter on xboxlive break 3,000,000 a couple of times this week. Pretty awesome. Level 37 now and I am absolutely loving it, especially the crossbow.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Nov 11, 2010, 16:56
Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2010, 16:56
Nov 11, 2010, 16:56

Bumpy wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 13:11:
Re: Black Ops, Apparently people do want the same game over and over and over again.

As long as it's fun.

Re: Harmonix for Sale
Nov 11, 2010, 16:52
Re: Harmonix for Sale Nov 11, 2010, 16:52
Nov 11, 2010, 16:52

space captain wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 15:24:
im ultra surprised this rhythm fad actually lasted this long

im an actual musician so i dont really get any musical thrill from playing these games, and personally i think they are retarded - equivalent to farmville or some shit like that

but i know plenty of people that swear by them... so whatever floats your boat, i guess

Apparently you haven't played it with a group of drunk friends. That's when it becomes good.

Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced
Nov 5, 2010, 15:12
Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 15:12
Nov 5, 2010, 15:12

I wonder at what point in time this was determined to be a better investment than a remake of 1942 or a new game altogether. What a joke.

Also, the graphics in the trailer look worse than Counterstrike 1.6

Ugh.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Nov 4, 2010, 22:21
Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2010, 22:21
Nov 4, 2010, 22:21

Steps to healthy life:
1. Cut out snacks.
2. Eat normal portions.
3. Don't eat when your stomach starts to grumble. Push through it, you actually arn't starving believe it or not.
4. Pick up some kind of regular excercise. Walking, volleyball league, racquetball, swimming, etc.
-NOTE: Videogames do not count as regular excercise.

Optional:
Cardio/other workouts. Bicycle kicks worked wonders for me, and pushups kept me motivated since I immediately starting seeing results.

DO NOT QUIT WHEN YOU PLATEAU. Push past it and you really start getting in shape.

It's difficult, but the extra years you add and the overall better feeling both emotionally and physically are worth it.

Yup.

Re: Survey: two thirds of people would allow the gov’t to ban violent video games.
Nov 2, 2010, 20:31
Re: Survey: two thirds of people would allow the gov’t to ban violent video games. Nov 2, 2010, 20:31
Nov 2, 2010, 20:31

Misleading title. 68% of those surveyed supported giving government to not allow violent games to be sold or rented TO KIDS UNDER 18. That's not much different from what already exists, with rated M and such. Not to mention parents will just buy the kids their games anyway.
251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older