Descending
Limit Results:

251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older

Re: Evening Safety Dance
Feb 9, 2011, 02:49
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 02:49
Feb 9, 2011, 02:49

I suppose that's why the parents have to buy the game for you until you are 18(?). Some people are just so idiotic.

But back to Bulletstorm: The gameplay doesn't flow at all. I did the demo level a few times and it felt really overbearing with little reward. The problem is that you are often stacked against multiple enemies so you just tend to eliminate them like in a normal FPS while doing something creative on the last kill. But even that really just comes down to grabbing the enemy, kicking him and lighting him up with a firework. That's pretty much the most intense combo you can do without killing them. You can use the environment but it oftens takes way more work for such a mediocre reward.

Maybe the full game will be easier to control. Just my first thoughts from it.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Feb 9, 2011, 02:19
Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 9, 2011, 02:19
Feb 9, 2011, 02:19

Emails are used mainly for communication in the work and education worlds, maybe between family members too. For a 12-17 year old, it is much easier to send out a mass text or facebook message since it will almost always get a quicker reply.

Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
Jan 28, 2011, 13:55
Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 13:55
Jan 28, 2011, 13:55

I quite enjoyed the demo, actually. But then again I also like Call of Duty, so that makes sense. Definitely more skill based than COD but same general structure. The whole parkour aspect of it got me excited for Brink, though.

Re: Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month
Jan 21, 2011, 21:28
Re: Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month Jan 21, 2011, 21:28
Jan 21, 2011, 21:28

Icewind wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 20:29:
At least I'm not a welfare console owner.

Enjoy playing in shitty resolution, console kiddies.

Also, get a job.

I'll also enjoying playing on my 60" TV!

Re: Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month
Jan 21, 2011, 17:22
Re: Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month Jan 21, 2011, 17:22
Jan 21, 2011, 17:22

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 15:26:
EA is really pushing for the console gamers. Bulletstorm no PC demo, comments from CliffyB "fuck those pirate grumps also known as PC gamers" Dead Space 2 no PC demo, Crysis 2 all signs suggest there won't be any PC demo, yet all these games are equally priced on the consoles and the PC. Which seems to be the new trend with EA and Activision games.

With Crysis however I think they are making a big mistake with this console exclusive bullshit. I don't think Crysis will sell too well on the consoles. Not a typical console gamer orineted game imo. CoD and Halo dominates on the consoles, it will be an uphill battle for Crysis and I'll be surprised if Crysis will sell well on the console especially with Bulletstorm and CliffyB's Gears just around the corner.

I could be wrong but that is how I feel about it. An Xbox exclusive demo will only loose them sales not gain many.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that this does just find on the xbox. Everyone I know is already committed to buying it.

Re: Sledgehammer Hitting Modern Warfare 3?
Jan 21, 2011, 13:27
Re: Sledgehammer Hitting Modern Warfare 3? Jan 21, 2011, 13:27
Jan 21, 2011, 13:27

Jerykk wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 02:27:
The idea of unlockable modes and features is even dumber than unlockable weapons and perks. You shouldn't have to grind in a competitive multiplayer shooter.

It's purpose is to ease you into the online game. Mainly for those who haven't played the series before. You only have to unlock them once, and it's' been that way since COD4, not sure why people are whining now. Besides, most stuff is unlocked by around level 28 if I remember correctly, which takes about 8 hours of gameplay to get to. And thats the final unlock, which is like hardcore TDM and S&D. So it shouldnt really be an issue.

To whoever posted that they were level 2 or whatever, it literally takes like 15 kills to get to level 3. Maybe multiplayer isn't for you if you are already complaining with < 15 kills?

Re: Evening Consolidation
Jan 21, 2011, 01:29
Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2011, 01:29
Jan 21, 2011, 01:29

Why do people still use him as a source? All he ever spouts is his uneducated opinion. There is nothing to prove that Nintendo screwed up the release of the Wii 2, if there even is one.

Jan 21, 2011, 01:27
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 21, 2011, 01:27
Jan 21, 2011, 01:27

John, you don't use Facebook because you are an old man. I don't really understand why older adults are even on it to begin with. Once you have a job and a family do you really need to keep tabs on all of your friends? Really?

Facebook was designed for college students, and rightly so. When you meet 5 or 6 people a day for an entire semester, how do you even keep in contact or plan things? Facebook is a good start. I imagine after college most people will slowly clean out their friends list to those they really care for, if they even use it anymore.

He's also missing a major point of facebook in general. Facebook isn't supposed to be your own website where you can put what you want on it. It's just supposed to connect people at the most basic level. If I wanted to go to your special site, I'd do it. But that's why you don't see too many people making their own sites. No one else cares.

Re: Sledgehammer Hitting Modern Warfare 3?
Jan 21, 2011, 01:20
Re: Sledgehammer Hitting Modern Warfare 3? Jan 21, 2011, 01:20
Jan 21, 2011, 01:20

I wish everyone would hop off the hate train on COD. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's the only game that people hate on all the time. You don't see any other title get this much bashing even, and it's so successful anyway. I've played just about every FPS ever, and while I agree COD multiplayer isn't as epic as unreal tournament or tribes was, and will never reach the audience on PC that CS:S went out to, but when you buy the game for the multiplayer you can easily get your moneys worth, especially with bargains like $50 + a $10 gift card.

It has been pretty obvious in the last few COD games that it hasn't been focused on singleplayer. That's why I don't understand why people focus on it so much. Find a group of 5 other guys, get in a One in the Chamber match, and watch the suspense level rise. Go to demolition and use some teamwork to win. Play a private match FFA and just have at it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

Off topic opinion? Valve really screwed over TF2. Shoulda left it as it was with maybe some weapons updates. Thats what I hate on now.

Re: Serious Sam HD DLC Plans
Jan 16, 2011, 00:59
Re: Serious Sam HD DLC Plans Jan 16, 2011, 00:59
Jan 16, 2011, 00:59

SBlat wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 19:53:
Mcboinkens wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 19:50:
Wait, so the second encounter is free for those of us with the first encounter? This is excellent news!

No, the DLC is for the second encounter. It will add the First Encounter's content to the second game, if you already own the first.

Yeah that makes more sense, but whoever the idiot was that designed the ad needs to be slapped. It reads as though it is free to those with the first encounter, not the first AND second encounter. One could assume they meant you had to have both for it to be free since technically its "DLC" for the second encounter. But since it is combining the two games anyway it was hard to understand. Thanks for the clarification!

Re: Serious Sam HD DLC Plans
Jan 15, 2011, 19:50
Re: Serious Sam HD DLC Plans Jan 15, 2011, 19:50
Jan 15, 2011, 19:50

Wait, so the second encounter is free for those of us with the first encounter? This is excellent news!

Re: Evening Mobilization
Jan 15, 2011, 19:47
Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2011, 19:47
Jan 15, 2011, 19:47

PHJF wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 10:44:
Don't be fucking daft. Texting while driving implies that a) one hand is off the wheel b) the driver isn't looking at the road c) the driver's mind is fixed to his cellphone. It's a fucking recipe for disaster. Driving in traffic requires a level of concentration already too taxing for the average moron. Should we make a law against making a sandwich while driving because that's obviously also not something you should be fucking doing.

Bingo. Just because you text and drive and haven't wrecked yet does not mean you will never wreck.

Nothing in a text can be important enough to put your life and other lives at risk. If there is an emergency, you'd be getting a call. At least with a call you can have a headset and still use both hands for the wheel. However that still occupies your attention when you should be focused on driving. For sure ban texting while driving, debate whether or not talking on the phone while driving should be banned.

The reason I am not completely against being on the phone while driving is because if you ban that, where does it end? Are you no longer allowed to talk to passengers? Mess with the radio?

Re: Cross Platform Portal 2?
Jan 15, 2011, 13:33
Re: Cross Platform Portal 2? Jan 15, 2011, 13:33
Jan 15, 2011, 13:33

Parias wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 07:32:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 20:47:
Mcboinkens wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 20:34:
The idea is cool, but I disagree that this is a good game to do it with. Games like Tekken or other fighting games, RPGs, racing, or basically anything not FPS would be better. But I'm sure there will be an option whether or not to play with cross platform players. Fortunately, I think many of you will be surprised by the fluid and accuracy that PS3 users will have with their controllers. Not as clear cut as a mouse, but definitely viable.

It's 2 player co-op, likely not going to have matchmaking. It's just so you can play with a friend. If your friend doesn't have a gaming PC but does have a PS3, then you can play a co-op puzzle game together. Sounds to me like the perfect game to do this with.

Exactly my thought - this is meant to be a co-op title and won't require super-fast, twitch responses. To this end, it does seem like this would be a pretty ideal title to try something like this out with.

I must be mistaken then, I just assumed the coop 4 portal business would require twitch portal shots which aren't ideal for controllers. I guess I'm just used to the Portal: Prelude challenges that were much harder than the original.

Re: Cross Platform Portal 2?
Jan 14, 2011, 20:34
Re: Cross Platform Portal 2? Jan 14, 2011, 20:34
Jan 14, 2011, 20:34

The idea is cool, but I disagree that this is a good game to do it with. Games like Tekken or other fighting games, RPGs, racing, or basically anything not FPS would be better. But I'm sure there will be an option whether or not to play with cross platform players. Fortunately, I think many of you will be surprised by the fluid and accuracy that PS3 users will have with their controllers. Not as clear cut as a mouse, but definitely viable.

Re: Morning Mobilization
Jan 14, 2011, 01:21
Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2011, 01:21
Jan 14, 2011, 01:21

avianflu wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 10:57:
And by "as powerful" SONY means what exactly? Not stated. I love press releases.

I just want 2 joysticks on the new PSP myself.

I don't understand why they just didn't make a controller and stick a screen in the middle. Hand placement would be the same(natural) and it wouldn't be much bulkier. There was no need to change the button layout unless there is some hardware issue I am not seeing.

Re: Darkspore Trailer
Jan 14, 2011, 01:16
Re: Darkspore Trailer Jan 14, 2011, 01:16
Jan 14, 2011, 01:16

You have to be kidding me. As if Spore wasn't bad enough.

Re: Op Ed
Jan 11, 2011, 01:20
Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2011, 01:20
Jan 11, 2011, 01:20

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 22:14:
Erm. There are companies who dump toxic waste knowing that doing so will likely endanger the lives of millions of people. There are companies that cut corners on safety margins and inspections to save a few bucks, knowing that doing so could have catastrophical environmental consequences. (Hi, BP!)

Let's cut back on the retarded hyperbole a little, shall we IGN? Activision's decisions may not be the best for the gaming market, but in the end it's not really a life-or-death situation.

Creston

If you're going to blame them for causing it due to cost cutting, why not go to the source? The blowout preventer that they bought was also made using "lowest bidder" techniques, and that caused the whole thing? Good thing people don't like doing research, or they'd know there are far more companies to blame and to much higher degree than BP. It wasn't even their rig, FFS.

Oh, and if you want every oil and gas company to replace all equipment with newer, safer equipment on both old and in-production rigs, derricks, and ships, you better be prepared to pay for it at the pump. Ask the average American if they would take 3 months of some dirty water with hidden consequences or 6+ dollars per gallon for gas and I'm sure all but the coastal cities would pick the latter, if asked anonymously of course. Not only that, but even if the preventers are replaced and everything is up to code, freak accidents or screw ups in production happen, and when you throw in human operation error its bound to happen.

We live in a world where we take a risk that something like that can happen, so that we can continue using our petroleum based products(Essentially everything non-organic).

On the positive side of the spill, techniques were applied and learned that will prevent things like that from happening or will at least drastically reduce the time till it is repaired and contained.

As for Activision? Yeah they make some $-based choices but they are forced too. You can't run a business if it isn't making a profit, and most of the things us gamers would like to see don't exactly pull in huge profits.

Jan 10, 2011, 23:10
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2011, 23:10
Jan 10, 2011, 23:10

I didn't even read the article but it sounds like a terrible idea. I see no possible benefit.

Re: etc.
Jan 9, 2011, 22:17
Re: etc. Jan 9, 2011, 22:17
Jan 9, 2011, 22:17

No a good tomahawk. A tomahawk that was setup or at least was practiced. Anyone could do this after 3 or 4 practice tries with a friend.

Re: etc.
Jan 5, 2011, 14:55
Re: etc. Jan 5, 2011, 14:55
Jan 5, 2011, 14:55

Sorry Ant, but that question is going to lead to extremely unreliable results. There is no way to compare "old" and "new" games, especially when old and new are not quantified. What is old? Last year? 10 years? And what do you mean by better? Graphics, story, control scheme, physics? I mean, there is no way the old games could win that poll unless the user was going for simplicity or was biased towards a few games like Half Life, Doom, and Deus Ex. It's absolutely absurd to me that people actually voted that older games are better, given the much higher quality of products demanded now. Even Black Ops, despite its hatred, smothers Quake and Unreal Tournament. As long as you don't have rose colored glasses on, that is. And even if you said that was false, then surely the more modern versions of Unreal Tournament beat the original, and those would be considered new. To those of you from Blue's News that voted for older games as the better ones, please list a few and explain why because I was absolutely stunned at the tracking results.
251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older