Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick

Real Name Rick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ^Drag0n^
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.tacticalgamerz.com
Signed On Jul 9, 2009, 18:02
Total Comments 1260 (Pro)
User ID 55075

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2017, 02:47 ^Drag0n^

PHJF wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 16:17:
And then Bungie claims so few players actually do them (the raids) and so we get few or no new raids to do... all the while they've made it such an enormous pain in the dick to get a group to do a raid. Raids are THE ONE THING unique to Destiny.

This.

There is no rational reason not to allow matchmaking/LFG of Mic'd players in-game for Raids....nevermind Nightfalls.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2017, 02:45 ^Drag0n^

Ugh. I actually hate the Leviathan raid. I wouldn't even call it a raid...it's more like PoE 2.0.

It's no Kings Fall; certainly no VoG.

Not to mention the fact that it just feels so completely off in the greater plot of the series.

Extremely pissed we're not getting a new Vex raid with ToO. I got all excited with the possibilities when I played the Pyramidion strike.

Now we just get a...new room...in an easy-mode raid.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2017, 02:39 ^Drag0n^

It's not so much the fact that I don't appreciate the real and substantial improvements to the game that were made in Destiny 2, it's the fact that they FORGOT to bring with them all the cool things they fixed by the end of year 3 in Destiny 1.

Despite its faults, Destiny 1 was the most intense digital crack habit I've had since Quakeworld---and that's saying allot.

D2 fixed what most of us complained about, but forgot to keep all the cool shit we didn't complain about, like:

Strike Specific loot
Raid Gear with Raid perks
Random perk rolls on all gear (aka: digital slot machine)
XP that was usable
Queens Wrath / Festival of the Lost / The Dawning / Sparrow Racing
Some really challenging/rewarding exotic quests
Hung jury SR4 (You bastards.)

I hate what's happening because I loved D1 so much. I want to love D2, but Bungie is making it REALLY hard right now...

^D^

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ghost Comes to Alexa
12. Re: Destiny 2 Ghost Comes to Alexa Dec 1, 2017, 02:13 ^Drag0n^

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 17:13:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:33:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 11:36:
I can't believe people not only allow these spying devices into their homes but willingly pay for them.

While I don't have one for this reason, the argument is...

What are they going to actually record that's so bad? Most people don't say their credit cards out loud or addresses other identity thieving shit.

I mean what, someone's going to love hearing you have a rage fit? Wooptie doo.

Yeah, well what happens if you're discussing something illegal - not actually plan on doing it - with someone. What is you're drunk and just spouting off to a buddy and say, 'Man, I'l like to assinate the Prez!' and few days later the Secret Service shows up at your door? Now Google may say they'll never do that but we already know they do for a fact - look at the recent bullshit with tracking people on Android phones against their explicit wishes. There are so many way that this sort of thing can bite you in the ass that you couldn't even consider before buying one. Just look at the murder case involving this.

I don't know what Assinate is, but I just put on a second set of underpants.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ghost Comes to Alexa
11. Re: Destiny 2 Ghost Comes to Alexa Dec 1, 2017, 02:11 ^Drag0n^

I'm completely fine with Amazon storing everything I tell my Ghost:

Alexa: Tell my ghost to swap my Shotgun for a Rocket Launcher
Alexa: Tell my ghost to cast a nova bomb
Alexa: Tell my ghost to equip tripmine grenades on my Hunter
Alexa: Tell my Ghost to by Heavy Ammo from Xur
Alexa: Tell my ghost to summon my sparrow.
Alexa: Tell my Ghost to put on my Lucky Pants.

Yeah, aggregate that, Jeff Besos.

^D^

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
17. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Nov 29, 2017, 22:49 ^Drag0n^

I hate consoles (ask Blue), but Destiny 1 was digital crack. It was the console equivalent of Quakeworld for me...gunplay just felt amazing, even for a console. Unfortumately with as many things as they got right in D2 (including an amazing PC version that didnt feel like a port), they totLly forgot about the base thing that kept players like me on the hampster wheel for three years: random rolls on gear.

I hope they fix it—the live team has a far better record with the community than the core dev team, for the first time im a bit more wait and see...too many letdowns. Sure, allot of it is probably a backdraft originating in LA (Activision), but im still cautious, as Bungie’s community skills are just atrocious: it’s been the community that kept the game alive this long.

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
17. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 15:48 ^Drag0n^

Nhil--

Firstly, welcome, and secondly, well said.

Us grey-haired gamers have long fuses, but damn, this one took the cake. Even though JohnC, Tokay and Romero are out of the biz now, they still deserve a bit more respect than that.

The only way to solve this is a good old-fashioned man-beating on DM3 (ah, the memories).

^D^

PS: I feel old as hell, as I still remember the .plan update announcing Willit's hiring.

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
16. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 15:38 ^Drag0n^

sigh.

And thus we find why id is now a ZeniMax company...:(

^D^

News Comments > Out of the Blue
77. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 18, 2017, 14:05 ^Drag0n^

"Damn kids! Get off my lawn!"  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
31. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 21:39 ^Drag0n^

A PS4 is nothing compared to the mid-low range gaming PC.

And, quite frankly, Half-Life is one PC franchise I don't want to see get used for cannon fodder between Sony and Microsoft.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
24. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 17:57 ^Drag0n^

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 15:47:
As a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment, Naughty Dog are best known for developing games for the PlayStation family of consoles, including the Crash Bandicoot series for the original PlayStation, Jak and Daxter on PlayStation 2, and Uncharted and The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Prior to this, they also developed games including Dream Zone, Keef the Thief, Rings of Power and Way of the Warrior.

From the Naughty Dog Wiki. You really want these guys doing HL3. You are nuts. No. Just No. Leave it to Valve, even if it comes out a mess, or the second coming version of gaming. Leave it where it belongs.

Yeah, no thanks. Dumbed down console centric interface and graphics?

Just no.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
50. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 20:31 ^Drag0n^

In other news: I guess that means we should plan to plan on them not planning to plan to have micro transactions, then.

^D^

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Happy New Year, Blue... Dec 31, 2014, 20:45 ^Drag0n^

...and many happy returns.

^D^

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
90. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 31, 2014, 19:49 ^Drag0n^

While I find the subject matter of this game morally reprehensible, generations of my family have lost family members to defend freedom of speech. Given the freedom of speech issues highlighted around the controversy of "The Interview" (a piece of garbage film that would have died quietly, were it not for North Korea), I have to say it is someone's right to make this game, but I really question the moral values of a group of developers that thinks this is "a great game idea."

I'm more than a little surprised that Valve is choosing to publish this, as, unlike GTA or many of the other games of it's like, wanton murder is the central focus of this game.

Says more about the state of society than anything else, I guess.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 4, 2014, 13:14 ^Drag0n^

NKD wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 13:11:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 13:01:
“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks,” the Windows 10 preview terms state. “Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.”

AWESOME!

I knew it all sounded too good to be true.

Don't use a technical preview for anything remotely sensitive if you don't want MS to have that information. As far as I know, this isn't new. They do a TON of automated data collection for tech previews. They rely primarily on this data rather than manually submitted feedback.

Actually, you're absolutely right. The whole idea of a Tech Preview is to perform stability tests and gather information on device/software conditions when instability or a crash occur.

Nothing new.

Been around since Tech Support wanted copies of config.sys and autoexec.bat

4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 4, 2014, 13:11 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 13:01:
“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks,” the Windows 10 preview terms state. “Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.”

AWESOME!

I knew it all sounded too good to be true.

No! It's better than that!

Wait.

D'oh.

2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 4, 2014, 13:10 ^Drag0n^

I'm a card-carrying member of the National Mouse Association, DAMMIT!

^D^

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
42. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 9, 2014, 02:07 ^Drag0n^

OK nin, I'm confused: you WANT to pay for it? What is the letdown?

^D^

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 09:57 ^Drag0n^

Those were the days...I Still have my Quake tee shirt from the Quakeworld launch party in NYC. DR lost in an epic way to UA (which I still attribute to the lack of friendly fire being activated for the tourney--FOUL!)

^D^

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2014, 09:50 ^Drag0n^

lasers.  

1260 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo