Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SCS Software Dev vs Valve
6. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 16, 2014, 13:40 Trevellian

ASeven wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:09:
https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/478554937111371776

Apparently, the vulnerability isn't even fixed.

I find this to be an abuse of power from Valve. It's never good to have an almost monopoly of a market, in this case PC games digital distribution, because shit like this will happen.

But... they don't have a Monopoly. Origin, which everyone loves to hate on for no reason other than existing, exists.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Ionball 2: Ionstorm
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Ionball 2: Ionstorm Jun 15, 2014, 23:52 Trevellian

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 23:25:
Well that's putting a new coat a paint on something old.

Shatter already did this a year or two ago, love it.

-C22

News Comments > More Games to Support AMD's Mantle
3. Re: More Games to Support AMD's Mantle Jun 11, 2014, 11:19 Trevellian

Is this where Nvidia gets to cry foul about their competitor getting to have an edge in certain games now like AMD did? Listening to those guys talk about AMD and Mantle for 5 minutes at the Hardline showing really kinda irked me after they just got done whining about Nvidia's extra Anti Aliasing features in Watch_Dogs. Hypocrites.

Don't get me wrong, I want competition between the two. Just don't whine about your competitor having an advantage in 1 game when you clearly have an advantage in others.

-C22

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Tease
2. Re: Mirror's Edge Tease Jun 9, 2014, 10:42 Trevellian

No doubt, as they've already said they thought the original was "Too hard" and that there may be more combat options in the sequel.

They obviously don't understand what made Mirror's Edge a great game, and will dumb it down for a quick buck sequel.

-C22

News Comments > Defiance Now Free-to-Play
3. Re: Defiance Now Free-to-Play Jun 4, 2014, 21:55 Trevellian

The game was very meh at best. I actually liked the guy who played the main character in the show, but the show itself was also very meh, did they even renew it for a second season? I mean I know it's tied into the MMO and all but still not sure  

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 13:42 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 10:04:
It's not well balanced at all, Soviets still have it really rough. COH2 in general is a big let down despite the patches and community maps.

It wasn't just that for me either. The guys I play with. We like to do a comp stomp. Now in COH1 it just made the units stronger. Bad way to handle difficulty in an RTS to begin with in my opinion. But I digress.

In COH2 not only where they stronger. But even on the STANDARD difficulty. They were omnipotent. You get half your shit destroyed by mortar groups who have no line of sight to their target (and the whole line of sight thing was their "big change" to fog of war in COH2). It was so frustratingly bullshit we just went back to playing COH1,

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 09:35 Trevellian

Really? Has Relic solved their RTS on PC problem first?
So far Dawn of War 2 and Company of Heroes 2 where less fun than the originals IMO.

-C22

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
27. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 11:43 Trevellian

Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:34:
Man, right on the date they announced it would be out. See, Chris Roberts?

So, how is it how is it how is it????

Also, who makes this X55 HOTAS you guys are talking about?

It's the Saitek X-55 Rhino
http://www.saitek.com/x55/

-C22

22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 11:31 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:28:
Qbex . wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:21:
Btw, hows that X55 Spectral? I was going to get it for ED as well but it's still out of stock down under. I even considered getting TM Warthog but it's on a pricey side
I got as far as get it out of the box and connect it to my PC install drivers etc., last night.
Fired up Elite Alpha but 1.1 doesn't work with it. Alpha 4 has a profile for the X55 but I've had no access to it last night.
I am looking forward to give it a test run this weekend in the beta.

The Warthog joystick is amazing but a lot of cash. If the X55 doesn't work out I think I will go back to my trusty Logitech joystick and pick up a CH pro throttle for it.

Get home and try the Beta, it has a profile for the X-55 that works perfectly, just make sure you calibrate before going in. I was so excited I forgot to and was stuck spinning in circles on my first entry into the game and had to back out. But it works excellently. With still plenty of toggle switches to set to shit.

-C22

20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 11:26 Trevellian

Qbex . wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:21:
I've sinked in ED more time then most games in past 12 months, having a blast with it and consider buying into alpha good value. Game will be 50-60$ at launch so no point faffing about, if it's too much now just wait for release and be glad this is a proper alpha/beta process, they keep changing game based on testers input and that means better game at launch. So what's the problem?
Btw, hows that X55 Spectral? I was going to get it for ED as well but it's still out of stock down under. I even considered getting TM Warthog but it's on a pricey side

I know I'm not Spectral, but I'll give my impression.
I was pleased to load up the Elite Dangerous Beta this morning and find that it had FULL support for the X-55.
This joystick is fucking awesome, that is all I can say, the stick and throttle both feel great in dogfights. It took a tiny bit of getting used to the throttle work and Horizontal/Verticle thrust (set to a thumb hat style control on the side of the throttle) but once I got used to it, it became really easy to be hot shit at the controls. The first time I did a little corkscrew in a head on run with an enemy to dodge a missle using a little bit of rotation and horizontal thrust I was in love.

If you're like myself and plan on also playing Star Citizen and Valkyrie I think it was well worth the 200 dollar investment.

-C22

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend
4. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend May 30, 2014, 00:16 Trevellian

harlock wrote on May 29, 2014, 23:26:
Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 19:31:
Any Bluesnewsers play this?

its like a much better version of left4dead, imho... same waves of AI dumbshits, but it has various objectives and other map oriented stuff to do.. and the theme is much more enjoyable to me

also, if you can organize a group of friends together, and spec out your guys with all stealth stuff (you can respect at any time for cash, which is super plentiful), then the game takes on a whole other dimension - trying to complete heists and jobs without getting caught or alerting anyone, etc.

i paid full price on launch day, i definitely got my moneys worth .. put over a hundred hours in so far

however i still think it would be way way better as full MP, with players on each side - thats why that new BF game is interesting to me ... personally the tanks and jets and AA and boats and massive vehicles are my least favorite part of BF by far, in fact id much rather play giant maps with 30+ people in standard urban settings with car chases and ziplines and c4 and all that - really, i dont give a fuck about the military shit.. unfortunately the whole bf4 fiasco doesnt really instill a lot of confidence they could pull it off very well - but the idea of that kind of cops/thieves open-map objective type game is really cool imo

Just remember Hardline is Visceral, not DICE. Not that it should instill more confidence but Visceral was a great company before, so we'll see.

-C22

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
82. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 16:25 Trevellian

Wildone wrote on May 29, 2014, 16:03:
These are study sims so highly accurate, if its not your cup of tea go back to world of warplanes and suck on that.

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:58:
Trevellian wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:15:
I may have to download that Rise of Flight just to have something to actually give the stick a good try.

I have looked at the DCS games on steam before and they simply just offend me with their prices. 20-50 dollars per plane module? They can eat a big fat one.

What does each plane include? The Steam page for F-15C: DCS says there's a new campaign but what does this actually mean: new map, new era, new era appropriate AI units? Or half a dozen scenarios based on existing maps?

Wings: Over Flanders Field is very good. It's a WW1 simulation built on CFS3, although except for needing CFS3 to install it you wouldn't know it. Perhaps this means it has poor support for modern joysticks.

I considered that Thrustmaster HOTAS but I don't like the idea of cheap HOTAS - I went with a mid-range single stick for the same price and I'm pleased with the Mad Catz / Saitek FLY5. Best trim control I've ever used excluding real aircraft.

The discussion had nothing to do with the sim quality or accuracy. Just the absurd price for the series. Take your unwarranted anger elseware.

-C22

75. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 15:52 Trevellian

Luke wrote on May 29, 2014, 14:47:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 29, 2014, 14:04:
Trevellian wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:15:
I have looked at the DCS games on steam before and they simply just offend me with their prices. 20-50 dollars per plane module? They can eat a big fat one.
I don't think they are that expensive but I know they are not cheap.
I think the bundles that includes a few planes or helicopters are going for $50 individual planes or helicopters are like $15.
It is still not cheap but it is more in line with all the other games that are setup this way like iRacing for example where each car or track costs $12 or so.
DCS is the ultimate sim for planes and helicopters, the amount of detail those guys put into that game is just insane, and no other game comes close to it.

There are other games out there too like X-Flight or IL2-Cliffs of Dover.
Cliffs of Dover apparently is a pretty good game with the mods.
World of Warplanes if you are into pay2win games.

I don't think they are that expensive but I know they are not cheap.
I think the bundles that includes a few planes or helicopters are going for $50 individual planes or helicopters are like $15.

This........says alot about some gamers today...holy Cowboy

Oh believe me I know a guy on Steam who owns ALL of the DCS stuff, it's easily a couple hundred bucks. I'm just not willing to pay that much for a good flight game.

And in response to Spectral. I have Cliffs of Dover, on disc and on steam, and installed all the patches, the game still wouldn't work properly with the X-55 correctly. The throttle actually worked but the best I could do is get to fly in circles even after trying to recalibrate the joystick several times.

I just chalk it up to the stick being new and nothing supporting it yet. I fully expect Elite, Citizen and Valkyrie to support it though which is why I went ahead and got one.

-C22

68. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 13:15 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:11:
Trevellian wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:07:
Creston wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:39:
jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:38:
Without yet reading this thread, there's sure to be a bunch of "I told you it was a scam!" comments.

Actually, about 80% of it is about how awesome Elite:Dangerous looks.

I'd have more interest in that game if their ship design wasn't boring as fuck. I don't want to fly a trapazoid wedge through space.

However I need something to try my X-55 Rhino with, it came last week and has just been sitting here. Tried it with IL-2 Sturmovik but it took like 5 fan made patches just to get the damn game to work in a broken state. So that was a failure. I tried Freespace 2 as well, where the stick side worked, but it doesn't recognize the throttle side. So I really don't know what to try it with at the moment.
Not all the ships look like that, only the starter ones, which you can upgrade from quiet quickly anyways. Plus there is no external view during flying so you only see your ships cockpit anyways.

As for the Rhino mine was just delivered and it sits on my desk next to me at work.
Arma uses it as well as all the DSC games. I believe Rise of flight also can be controlled with it.
You can try RoF for free here:
http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

I may have to download that Rise of Flight just to have something to actually give the stick a good try.

-C22

63. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 13:07 Trevellian

Creston wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:39:
jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:38:
Without yet reading this thread, there's sure to be a bunch of "I told you it was a scam!" comments.

Actually, about 80% of it is about how awesome Elite:Dangerous looks.

I'd have more interest in that game if their ship design wasn't boring as fuck. I don't want to fly a trapazoid wedge through space.

However I need something to try my X-55 Rhino with, it came last week and has just been sitting here. Tried it with IL-2 Sturmovik but it took like 5 fan made patches just to get the damn game to work in a broken state. So that was a failure. I tried Freespace 2 as well, where the stick side worked, but it doesn't recognize the throttle side. So I really don't know what to try it with at the moment. Also looking at their website they want 150.00 just to test their beta? ha, hahaha, ha ha.

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales May 28, 2014, 01:02 Trevellian

Who cares, the game has been out over a year.
Anyone who plays the game with any sort of regularity has all the attachments for every weapon they like already.

Why should it matter to you if people want to cough up money for in game items if they suck or can't play as much as other people?
Does it hurt you in some way?
Does it affect your game?
Nope, sure doesn't. Cause when it all comes down to it they still die to the same bullets as everyone else in game.

They already did this with Mass Effect 3 anyway, in case you missed the memo.

-C22

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
28. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 17:48 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on May 24, 2014, 17:44:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:16:
Roberts is a CON MAN. He has constantly oversold games which either were vaporware (Freelancer), were disasters (Wing Commander) or were COMPLETE FRAUDS (Point of No Return)....

Wing Commander was a disaster!? WHAT!?

Who is this really? There has to be some personal agenda but I can't even think of another game that stands to lose if Star Citizen wins... Maybe the folks at CCP? It sure looks like a ton of eve players are looking to find a new home in Star Citizen...

So weird.

I'm still curious how he came to the decision that Freelancer was Vaporware.
I distinctly remember it being released, and playing it. And it still being one of my favorite games to this day.

-C22

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 08:33 Trevellian

So far the reviews have been unexpectedly and surprisingly high.
But I mean they did focus on single player so who knows. Maybe it actually is a decent game.

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer May 16, 2014, 10:48 Trevellian

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 16, 2014, 10:33:
They make their games to large with to many options and to many maps.

Oh, and I don't have premium, so the game isn't even playable anymore....can't find servers.

*slowclap

Ill go back to BF3.

There are plenty of non-map pack servers. I know this well as we play with a friend who didn't buy premium. And if you have no problems finding a server in BF3 then clearly you must have bought the map packs for it. So this is a silly cop out.

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer May 16, 2014, 09:48 Trevellian

Task wrote on May 16, 2014, 09:44:
looks like they are going all crazy now... at the end you can see a floating, flying remote controlled mini-gun

I have BF4, but its more like Bloatfield 4 now. Its hard enough to find Rush servers, since rush mode was poorly done in this iteration. Most servers don't bother running the 3rd expansion pack maps, so its hard to find servers for those too.

That's because Rush was purely designed for Bad Company 2 with the maps specifically designed for it and smaller servers. There are very few maps designed around Rush for BF3 or BF4 because Battlefield has always been known for Large Conquest, Rush was a Bad Company thing, so I never expected it to be that great.

I don't see where the game is bloated, I like having options to choose my own playstyle. As fun as the GAMEPLAY in Titanfall is the one thing it lacks is options which cuts down on it's replay. In Battlefield I almost never get bored, I just switch class or focus on doing something different.

As buggy as BF4 is it's still the most fun I'm having on the PC right now with a group of friends. Battlefield Friends explains it well

-C22

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo