Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1078 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST Released
4. Re: GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST Released Aug 31, 2016, 06:23 Trevellian

Task wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 22:56:
Not really sure I understand what this game is about, looks like Monster Hunter except Anime-style ramped up. Huge weapons killing huge monsters, also I didn't see anything 'inappropriate' in the trailer or pictures on that steam page.

Thats exactly what it is. Monster Hunter with an Anime/Sci Fi asthetic. If you don't like Monster Hunter you probably won't enjoy it. For those of us who do like Monster Hunter it is currently the only good option on PC as Nintendo has a stranglehold on the MH series, unless Capcom see's God Eater make money and takes that stranglehold away from them. It's definitely not a game for everybody but it does what it does well.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
13. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 11:39 Trevellian

Razumen wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 11:26:
Hopefully they add coop support, having companions is okay...but adventuring with a friend would be priceless.

This is the only addition I've ever wanted in the new Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.
Not an MMO, just let me invite 3 friends and have a 4 person party. Up the difficulty ridiculously when they join, I don't care. Just let me play with them.

-C22

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
14. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:23 Trevellian

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:20:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:09:
Thanks for not making a Quake game, Bethesda.

In all honesty though, what is a Quake game? Quake 1 is nothing like Quake 2 is nothing like Quake 3. Even the fan base is divided just be responses in this thread. A lot of people liked Quake 3, but I hated it and much prefer the atmosphere and style of Quake 1.

I'd like an actual sequel to Quake 1. The strogg stuff was okay in 2 and 4. But I liked the Quake 1 aesthetic. I want gothic cathedrals and shotguns.

Not this mess, which I don't even have to play, just listen to the guy talk at the conference about how each character has it's own special abilities, just like Overwatch, to know it's not a Quake game and I don't care about it. They're just jumping on the Hero shooter bandwagon.

-C22

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
9. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:09 Trevellian

More like Quakewatch.
Thanks for not making a Quake game, Bethesda. How could you get Wolf and Doom so right but fuck this up.

-C22

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Announced
10. Re: Agents of Mayhem Announced Jun 7, 2016, 00:13 Trevellian

Tyrric wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 17:16:
Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 16:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 13:13:
Rather have seen a Superhero type game from Volition.

I can't watch the trailer, but isn't that what this is?

It looks like it is more G.I. Joe type "super agents" than superhero type "super agents".

And whats wrong with that? Superheroes are getting over done now as well. I'd be fine with a G.I. Joe type game with some Saints Row humor. It appears to take place in the same universe anyway. The bad guy works for Ultor and the chick who runs the Mayhem team, Brimstone, was mentioned briefly in Gat out of Hell.

And to Half Elf, there are 12 agents apparently, but you have a team of 3 out at a time a la GTAV that you can just switch between. So it could be interesting.

-C22

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
9. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 11:30 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 08:47:
Blizzard devs can't balance a seesaw so whenever they discuss doing so in their games really makes me concerned.

Usually the balancing issue is a lot harder in an MMO than 1 OP character in a Team vs Team shooter. There aren't as many endgame things to think about.

The issue with McCree is he is god tier for anyone with a brain who can manage to hit E and Right click fast enough. There should never have been a character that had an easy "I win" button against every other character in the game.

Though personally I feel like the fix is easy, either reduce the damage of fan hammer or make the Flashbang actually WORK like a flashbang instead of a stun grenade. Make it blind people momentarily but allow them to be able to still move to attempt dodging the fanhammer or at least be able to blindly fire back and the problem is solved.

There is no excuse for McCree being able to throw a "Flash"bang at a D.va with 2 repeating shotguns in his face and be able to win that fight. If she were merely blinded she could just keep holding the trigger down and hope she gets lucky shot on McCree's face, or hit Shift and tear off or E to block the fan hammer, instead the "Flash"bang "Stuns" and that is what irritates me the most.

-C22

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
45. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 22:55 Trevellian

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 26, 2016, 19:56:
Trevellian wrote on May 26, 2016, 19:25:
Enemy Starfighter/House of the Dying Sun just looks so much more interesting. I don't understand this games fanbase.

Hrm, I had never heard of that, watched the videos; that game looks pretty interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

*EDIT*
Although to be fair, that game looks FAR smaller in scale than Elite:Dangerous, No Man's Sky or Star Citizen.

Thats because it is more of your classic X-Wing/Tie Fighter, mission based space shooter. Rather than open universe. But I personally miss space games like that. The only other relatively close one that has come out in the past few years was Strike Suit Zero and it was more Robotech style than straight up Starfighter.

-C22

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
40. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 19:25 Trevellian

Enemy Starfighter/House of the Dying Sun just looks so much more interesting. I don't understand this games fanbase.  

-C22

News Comments > Overwatch Launches
14. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 07:48 Trevellian

thecakeisalie wrote on May 24, 2016, 05:03:
Sepharo wrote on May 24, 2016, 03:26:
I agree with most of your criticisms, especially the tick rate that causes lag shots from snipers when you've already made it to cover. The day 1 matchmaking is going to be obnoxious but the only way around that was not resetting beta progress, and even then you'll still run into issues simply because most people have yet to be sorted. If it's any consolation I found the matchmaking to be really good towards the ends of each beta run.

What I don't agree with is the idea of "broken combos", everything has a counter. I'd be interested to hear what you consider to be a broken combo. And as a Zenyatta main, I vehemently disagree with the notion that the developers don't want you to play support. Since you didn't give any details there I'm not sure what you even mean. Healing is very important, Lucio's speed is important, Zenyatta's 50% DMG curse is important, Mercy's revive, Zenyatta's super strong heal bubble ult. Awards are given for healing dealt out at the end of the round. You get elimination assists on guys you're healing. I think they've gone out of their way to make sure healing is rewarded and intuitive for the win.

"Broken combos" like Bastion + Mercy + Reinhardt sitting on a moving objective. Very hard to deal with under the best circumstances if the Bastion is any good and the other 3 players prevent flanking and run interference. A lot of people who bought the game because it's Blizzard and who never played the beta would have no idea how to counter it. Or the team who boxed us in with Mei in a narrow area with ice wall, and a Reaper teleported behind the wall and instantly fired off his ultimate, killing everyone. They did this repeatedly. I tried to counter these setups having played the betas but the other people in the group just died. A lot.

.... That combo is so easy to counter I don't even know if I can take this seriously. And making the argument that if "other players are good" goes both ways. If you're on a team of idiots that doesn't make the combo "Broken" it makes your team idiots. That combo is easily fucking handled by a Tracer Ult, Pharah, hell even a decent Junkrat would look at that combo as candy. I have never seen a Reinhart/Mercy/Bastion combo last more than the first few kills, once everyone realizes it's there, it gets taken care of.

Once the game has been out a few weeks and people are better sorted out you won't run into the issue as much anymore, but don't blame it on it being a broken combo when there are clear counters to everything. People are taking advantage of the fresh meat while they figure out that game, that doesn't make it broken. In Beta I literally had a 52% win rate, you can't balance a game much better than that.

-C22

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
11. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 22:21 Trevellian

Gameplay or GTFO. Tired of CG trailers.
Does it have large armies and base building like DOW1? If not, GTFO.
Tired of the same 3 fucking races every time too. I miss all the races from the expansions in DOW1, they need to bring back some Tau and Tyranid and Sisters. Fuck Blood Raven, and fuck the Eldar.

-C22

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
8. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 11:19 Trevellian

Jivaro wrote on May 2, 2016, 11:00:
For the first time since the first CoD, I am actually interested. I am cynical and I will need to see a great more of the actual gameplay...but that trailer did grab my attention.

Thats actually how I felt, after the original Modern Warfare none interested me again till Black Ops, and since then none have really interested me again until this trailer, I'm a sucker for near future sci fi stuff. I'm patiently sitting here hoping for a Battlefield 2143 announcement as well.

-C22

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
6. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 14, 2016, 23:59 Trevellian

Whiskers wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 21:22:
This game has its charm, but it's still a far reach from the old Rainbow Six games. This is more of a twitch shooter. You can run around at full speed aiming down an acog site with 0 movement penalty. They also have had (and still have) quite a few issues with netcode, hit detection, and cheaters (lots and lots of cheaters).

You are completely full of shit, you most definitely cannot ADS and move full speed, you are forced to walk while ADS. Not to mention the net code has been fine for quite some time now. Cheaters? Haven't run into any personally but can't say they don't exist.

Source: I fucking actually play the game.

-C22

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
18. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 4, 2016, 02:48 Trevellian

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:24:
total themepark, so boring.

sandbox implies you can explore, there's no exploration. it's do all the quests for your current level in your current town, then goto the next one, etc. etc. etc. fucking snoozefest.

it really is too bad, as the combat is done better than any MMO i've ever seen. very satisfying.

I want to be untethered, and just explore, and have all the quest shit just happen automatically. Same trap that so many MMOs fall under, where everyone just mashes spacebar to skip through all quest dialogue, because it's utterly boring. why even bother being tethered to this dumb archaic quest system if it's total placeholder content.

it's like they just can't escape it. Firefall tried, and then they threw that whole system out and went back to quests and grind. at first it was an open world sandbox, you could jsut wander, explore, find stuff to do, dynamic quests. Then turned into people just running from one end of the map to the other handing in quests, going to kill 10 mobs, wash rinse repeat. Oh and andtantly everyone stopped playing together, as there was no incentive unless you were all roughly the same level.

GARBAGE.

fuck MMOs. they really all are absolute shite.

N..no.... No it's not a themepark MMO
In fact it's the exact opposite. Quests are only useful for Contribution points, which are only useful if you plan on buying houses and nodes for crafting and trade, they literally give almost no EXP. Therefor doing those quests in town are completely optional to you, the only quests mandatory for progressing your class are the ones from the Black Spirit, who you can literally pull out wherever you are standing and not even pay attention to the story if you wish to.

You get most EXP from going out and grinding like back in the day in EQ and DAOC. Thats why there are grinding groups. Nothing in the game is level restricted except for how difficult the mobs may get but no one is stopping you from going and fighting them, I consistantly level off fighting groups of mobs 3+ levels higher. Gear isn't even level restricted, any gear can become end game gear if you upgrade it with the gear quests at 50.

This game is as open ended as you can just about make it. It's as close to EVE Online in Fantasy as you're going to get as far as trading and having a balanced market. It's everything ArcheAge could have been if Trion didn't shit all over it.

If you have that opinion of this game then it's because you followed the quests at the towns out of habit from all other MMO's training you to play that way. Not because the game is designed that way. I literally have a buddy who didn't pay attention to a single town and he just grinded his way doing the Black Spirit quests and fighting mobs to 50.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2016, 02:53.

-C22

News Comments > Street Fighter V Rage Quit Punishment Coming
7. Re: Street Fighter V Rage Quit Punishment Coming Feb 27, 2016, 19:56 Trevellian

Overon wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 13:23:
Just like all the reviews say. The game was rushed out the door incomplete in time for a big tournament. People shouldn't buy this shit and send a message. But I doubt that will be the case because gamers are weak.

Speak for yourself man. Most SF players could give 2 shits about Arcade or Story Mode. They were very clear about what the game would include when it released and what would come later. If people can't read it's their own damn fault.

What is there is easily one of THE most balanced fighting games ever created. Watching Winter Brawl X today even Filipino Champ (Was rated #1 overall a few days ago) was talking about how the game is incredibly balanced and was able to give a reason why any character could fit in the top 5.

The game is incredibly polished. You couldn't ask for a better PVP fighting game.

EVO for this year already has over 3000 people registered to compete because of how good the game is.

TL:DR No one is asking for Arcade/Story mode except the whiney people who can't read before making an educated purchase.

-C22

News Comments > Bombshell Drops
9. Re: Bombshell Drops Jan 30, 2016, 07:41 Trevellian

I have a buddy who has been forced to test this game for the last month and has consistantly told me how bad it is. He cried every time he logged into steam and had to launch it.  

-C22

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month
13. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 22, 2016, 03:44 Trevellian

Sepharo wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 03:35:
InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 02:33:
I liked what I saw here, Blizzards take on Team Fortress. At least I did from the promo and gameplay videos. Didn't get into the beta, but hey ce la vie. Problem is Im not going to pay Blizzard 60$ (plus however much the DLC+ expansions end up costing) for a multiplayer only game. They can go fuck themselves with that shit, this has free to play written all over it. Even back when TF2 was released as part of the Orange Box, you got HL1, HL2 and TF2 in one DVD case, for the price of one game. Ok rant over, Ill probably die of old age before this comes out anyway...

It's $40.
I forget if you're estadounidense

Not to mention they've announced all future heroes and maps will be free (Granted, that doesn't stop them from eventually pulling an Overkill, but thats how it is for now)

-C22

News Comments > For Honor's Solo Campaign
3. Re: For Honor's Solo Campaign Jan 11, 2016, 20:31 Trevellian

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 20:03:
Lemme guess... you're da chick with da pink hair at 1:18?

I'm not a chick so no. I simply signed up for testing and got to for a weekend.

-C22

News Comments > For Honor's Solo Campaign
1. Re: For Honor's Solo Campaign Jan 11, 2016, 19:47 Trevellian

I got to play this for a weekend of Alpha.
All I can say is it was SO MUCH FUN.
We only got one map, and only access to Knights for the whole weekend and Samurai for 1 day of it. But it was still a blast to play.

The one thing they need to find a fix for is deathballing. There were instances where teams would just travel around together, and it's impossible to fight 1v4. So unless your team was traveling around together also (which kinda defeats the purpose considering there are 3 objectives to fight over) those games would suck cause you'd just get murdered by 4 dudes.

-C22

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2016, 14:40 Trevellian

Saboth wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 08:30:
harlock wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 08:12:
Saboth wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 07:33:
I don't usually preorder games, but GMG had this for like $22 the other day, so I went ahead. I thought Dragon's Age Inquisition was a little disappointing, so hopeful this game scratches that RPG itch.

its far more action than RPG... more like Dark Souls - still very good tho

Yeah, I've seen more than a few comparisons to Dark Souls. I'm hoping it is not too much like Dark Souls though. While I found DS to be very addictive, I also found it to be extremely frustrating, and have shied away from DSII. It's kind of a love/hate relationship.

It's like Dark Souls in the sense it's a difficult game and not super forgiving. But not on the same soul crushing level of Dark Souls. Just hard enough to make it challenging but not want to throw things in frustration. I think the pawn/party system helps that since you aren't alone and have 3 other guys to rely on.

-C22

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 10, 2016, 21:23 Trevellian

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 21:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 19:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 17:49:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 16:58:
People need to start buying Dragon's Dogma so I can get a damn sequel.

Isn't even out yet...

But you can already buy it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/

Then we'd be making a BN's mistake... pre-ordering.

The game has been out for years on PS3. All they did for PC was make higher res textures and make sure it runs at 60fps.

So yes, it's been out. And this is simply an improvement. But it's what they're using to gauge interest in an actual sequel, which this game sorely needs.

Fucking Dark Souls is approaching it's second sequel since the original came out and Dragon's Dogma came out about a year after DS and has yet to get a sorely needed sequel.

All i can tell you is good things about this game. If you enjoy Dark Souls but want a more D&D style party system with 4 characters and a more open world you cannot go wrong with this game.

Full Disclosure: I have a friend who works for Nvidia and they've been playing a test version, as far as he tells me it really does at the 60fps you see in all the videos.

-C22

1078 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo