Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Graham

Real Name Graham   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Graham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Don't hate the game. Hate the hater.
Homepage http://spacecaptainisawesome.ca
Signed On Apr 4, 2009, 18:55
Total Comments 208 (Novice)
User ID 54873

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > BATMAN - The Telltale Series - Episode 2 Released
2. Re: BATMAN - The Telltale Series - Episode 2 Released Sep 20, 2016, 14:35 Graham

Bundy wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 14:16:
Think I'll just watch this play through on youtube. Exactly the same thing. After game of thrones, I'll never give talltale another penny.

This actually isn't correct anymore. There are more interactive elements in Batman that really add to the experience in my mind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2016, 14:35 Graham

Embarrassing to see folks here bite on Kotaku click-bait. They've since amended their headline to state that Sony will not charge for these updates; any developer that does think about doing would most likely be bundling it into DLC. I don't think we'll see it become an issue at all.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: 20 fps drops easy to fix Aug 9, 2016, 16:32 Graham

Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 11:02:
Can't read the article here at work. What's the easy fix? Uninstalling it?

Your mom's basement has a firewall? That's weird.

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
26. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 8, 2016, 15:38 Graham

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 13:02:
So whats the sum of this game for bitching/liking?

It's Blues, so the fact that there's any positivity at all means that it's most likely the greatest game ever made.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 21, 2016, 20:03 Graham

Only The Register could call selling 1.6 million of a $300+ product a bad thing. What a fucking shit show of terrible analysis. Simply looking at numbers and making calls without any context isn't analysis, it's regurgitation.

Boo, Register. Boo.

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
8. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 17:50 Graham

Bundy wrote on May 18, 2016, 14:24:
The first episode was good but the second wasn't. But both had puzzles that made more sense than KQ5. Which, for nostalga reasons, is my favorite of the series, but had really weird solutions to everything. How do you defeat a Yeti? Well with a pie of course!

With a pie. That you had the option to eat earlier in the game leaving you unable to defeat the Yeti, completely blocking your advancement. With no other way to defeat it.

I loved King's Quest (really related with King Graham for some reason) but that moment alone is in my top ten of worst game design decisions ever.

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
7. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 17:48 Graham

Xero wrote on May 18, 2016, 12:18:
Yeah I was just going to mention. I paid for the first one, and haven't got the new ones yet but was planning on it.

Now your saying, the first one is free so that I CAN pay for the other ones?

Damn, I hate the way business works.

Yeah, it's a new concept. They're calling it shareware.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 14:34 Graham

Creston wrote on May 11, 2016, 12:46:
nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:49:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:21:
nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:16:
while I also do most of my gaming on the ps4 any more...

! ... ...

I just... I just don't know you anymore, man. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU??!! Cry

You know, I could have sworn someone here was just talking about how they bought a ps4 recently...

Yeah but I don't do most of my gaming on it! When I have the choice, I still go PC. You... you... CONSOLE PEASANT!

GLORIOUS PC GAMER MASTER RACE!

I put the Uncharted 4 disc into both my Steam Box and my Windows rig and I can't get it to run for the life of me. Must be defective.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
16. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 21:56 Graham

PHJF wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:05:
It's easier, as long as you devote yourself to melee because magic is woefully, pitifully, blindingly awful. The bosses are a fucking joke (as in, go in blind and solo most of them on the first attempt joke) and there are bonfires every three inches. I usually have more estus heals than I know what to do with.

Game should be getting a lot more shit for how minuscule its differences are compared to its predecessors. People love to rag on Call of Duty for the same reason. I bought a PS3 almost exclusively to play Demon's Souls, so it's a shame to see what was one of the most interesting and enjoyable games of a decade mired in sameness.
'

Look everyone, this guy's really good at video games! So good that he doesn't enjoy them anymore!

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
16. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 18:57 Graham

Rilcon wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 13:24:
Expect crashes. Many people, myself included, crash whenever they get near a bonfire.

Is your crash accompanied by some text that reads "YOU DIED"?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 11, 2016, 17:22 Graham

Creston wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:20:
I give that 40 dismissive wanks.

How were you able to distinguish them from the rest of your daily process?

Apple Watch: not essential to anyone, except to those who haven't bitched about something today.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Festivizer
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Festivizer Dec 23, 2015, 15:35 Graham

This is the consequence of legalizing marijuana, kids.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2015, 02:15 Graham

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 13:44:
It may be political crap, but it's still the fucking truth, Tim Fucking Cook.

This is the type of facile, surface-level analysis we've come to expect from you. Apple earns those profits on foreign sales. You want them to bring them home, and pay taxes on them.

For sales in another country.

There's no reason why they should - at least not as if they'd made the sale in the US at a US corporate tax rate. Demanding that they do so is childish.

Your ancient tax code was not written to address multi-national corporations. Apple, magnanimously DOES want to bring that money home and pay into the tax base of the country that houses its home base of operations... but it doesn't want to pay nearly 40% on money that has already been taxed elsewhere.

But of course you've got all the answers by saying it's the truth, right?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 17:21 Graham

Squirmer wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:01:
The Bioshock games are complete trash

Christ, gaming hipsters are the very worst.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 14:33 Graham

Slick wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 19:52:
what is DICE's most popular map they ever made? without a doubt it's the 4 or so incarnations of WAKE ISLAND.

is that map "balanced"? FUCK NO! but it's the most fun. if the US doesn't know what they're doing, they'll get pushed back to their carrier and can't make a landing. however if they GROW A BRAIN then there's many ways to make landings and fucking roll face.

I know i dislike the noob cunts on here who say: "I played it for 2 rounds, it was awful, then i left to bitch about it in the forums". But this time it's different.

You twats are literally responsible for fucking up MY game experience because you cry about shit you HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT. you cry so hard that they goddamned community managers will tell the design team to re-roll everything because people are sad.

I promise you %100 you don't know how to play the map, it's a new game, you haven't played this before. You're playing it like you've played other games and are confused as to why you're doing poorly. take the fucking time to LEARN THE GAME before crying about how they have to change it.

you fuckers are on thin ice.

This is on point. Git gud, scrubs.

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
45. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 13:58 Graham

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 13:47:
Having spoken to Liz before, she's generally on the ball about the stuff she writes about. So not really surprised that they're sticking to it.

On the ball would have included getting both sides of the story. This definitely doesn't feel like that. It's great to see that the Escapist is *now* willing to go talk to CIG... but why didn't they before?

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. I bought a constellation when it launched because I wanted to see the rise of space sims again, but that was pocket change three years ago. Can't say I'm overly invested (ha!) monetarily or emotionally, so... yeah.

Let's see the cards on both sides.

News Comments > Shovel Night Free Update Next Week
7. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 17:26 Graham

ItBurn wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 10:15:
So, I don't like this game. I don't hate it, but it's just meh. My biggest gripe is dying. You lose your cash, sometimes in infuriating ways. This is an extra penalty for dying and it's unnecessary. Sometimes it dangles your cash over impossible to reach obstacles, taunting you. The gameplay itself is also meh. I don't like how the guy moves and attacks, probably because I've played a lot of better platformers. The collisions don't really make sense either sometimes. I don't get why people like this game so much. I guess it's worth 5-10$. 6.5/10

You're talking about Dark Souls, right?

Also - git gud, scrub.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
12. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 18:41 Graham

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 18:22:
I was playing hundreds of hours of destiny for a while there because the shooting mechanics was really fun and the raids were pretty good.

Now it's become a horrible, purposeful, grind fest for that illusion of in depth content when in reality it's actually extremely basic.

Pretty much, I feel like I won't be playing destiny again because they pretty much went the typical MMO Grind fest way.

I'd argue that this is exactly wrong. The grindiness that pervaded the earlier release is gone, and it's become far easier to get what you want.

The 2.0 update coming, along with the the next expansion pulls the game out of beta, in my mind. You still have to do stuff to get stuff, but it feels purposeful, with more varied choices on what and when you do things. They're doing away with the light-on-gear-to-level-up mechanic, and while light will still be there, you can hit max level without getting stuck (forever 29 is gone).

At the end of the day it's a progression-based shooter. Do you like shooting things and progressing when you do? Tada, Destiny. It's Diablo with trigger pulls instead of mouse clicks.

News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
15. Re: (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage Aug 18, 2015, 14:25 Graham

I don't like to shit on games, but thank god they killed this. That's a Modern Warfare trailer with more dystopian sci-fi skins, right down the "nuke going off not to far from you" sequence. The only way this could have been worse would have been if they'd opted to go mobile and called it Doomy Crush. Just... ugh.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 11, 2015, 15:22 Graham

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 08:59:
InBlack wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 03:12:
After playing the Witcher3 how can anyone go back to this single player MMO turd?
What is this, Kotaku? What's with these stupid fanboy comments lately? More and more on this site. For the supposed "PC master race" you guys sound like a bunch of fucking 9 year olds.

Seriously, it's possible to enjoy Witcher and Dragon Age.

I like you. You're good people.

208 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo