Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Graham

Real Name Graham   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Graham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Don't hate the game. Hate the hater.
Homepage http://spacecaptainisawesome.ca
Signed On Apr 4, 2009, 18:55
Total Comments 259 (Amateur)
User ID 54873

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

12. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 13:26 Graham

I'm thrilled to see that commenters here have found a way to hate one of the purest gaming experiences of 2016. Well done, boys, wrap it up, we're done here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles

10. Re: Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles Nov 26, 2019, 18:14 Graham

Oh, those Russians.  

News Comments > Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch

37. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 18:11 Graham

Quinn wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 17:37:
VoodooV wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 17:09:

You also realize that fighting for social justice....is a good thing right? It's really odd that this term has been turned into a derogatory one.

Are you fucking nuts, mate? Be for social justice if you are pro-lynching, anarchy and against due process. SJWs gave us the cancel culture we're in. Pick a fight with me and I'll #metoo your ass into the slums.

I can't tell if this is satire or you've gone too far with autoerotic asphyxiation too many times.

Thread Locked Thread Locked Delete Report

21. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 13:45 Graham

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 12:22:
Business Insider exclaims that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is “the best Star Wars game ever made,” while GameSpot calls it “one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years.” GQ notes that the game “lives up to the hype,” while IGN says it is, “an all-around amazing game” in their 9.0 out of 10 review.

Bull-fucking-shit.

The game is pretty mediocre. You have to be a fan of the Metroidvania style. I am not. To me it is annoying that you run around the themepark levels (that do not feel like a real world at all) while not being able to access all areas yet due to a lack of abilities. Sometimes it is outright silly. There is a treasure box in shallow water and you can not get to it yet because you don't have the rebreather yet. Bullshit. Cal could have easily dived towards it but no you can't because the game forbids diving until you pick up the rebreather.

The backtracking and thus recycling of locations is unreal. This is related to the above, of course. They stretch game time by making you play the levels multiple times with different skill sets. Yawn. It is also annoying that you can not fast travel (at least between save/meditation points).

... talking of which... the save points are atrocious. Much too far apart sometimes and it is super-annoying when you have a boss fight and need to run the same distance over and over and over... like the second the Second Sister boss fight where you had to run down the corridor and ride down the elevator again and again and again. Why did they not have a respawn point at the base of the elevator? Fuck that shit.

Finally, the characters... yawn @ Disney family friendly Star Wars crap. Cal is a certified tard, the pilot Greez is literally a muppet, Cere is SJW material and the "bad" guys (and girls) are boring as fuck.

What I like about the game is the exploration of the levels, the puzzles and the story progression but on a whole it is utterly forgettable. It is a fast food Star Wars game to be finished and quickly forgotten.

I'm sure that the older Jedi Knight games have not aged well (especially the Dark Forces games which did not even have full mouse support) but this JFO shit is hardly "the best Star Wars game ever made". I liked the old games a whole lot more than this trite garbage at the time they were released.

If they ever make a sequel: Get rid of the Metroidvania structure and the insane backtracking and level recycling, make it a more adult game content-wise (characters etc. and let's write actual dialogue instead of this burpfest) and have the decency to put in a 'save anywhere' feature or at the very least checkpoints that humans with an actual brain came up with. kthx.

"I suck at games"

Got it.

19. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 13:44 Graham

robdot wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 12:19:
Boring tedious metroid style slog. Explore zone to find a door you can't open. Come back 2 hours later with new skill. Find door, open door. Discover new door ,YOU CANT OPEN. Every single door is "locked from the other side".. Try to find way to open door while being bitten by beetles....Why doesn't the droid show you the way to go? This game would be much better if the droid acted as a guide.

"I dislike games"

Got it.

News Comments > Google On Stadia Performance

6. Re: Google On Stadia Performance Nov 25, 2019, 13:09 Graham

Absolutely not shocked that they duffed this.  

News Comments > Google Stadia Launches

9. Re: Google Stadia Launches Nov 19, 2019, 14:56 Graham

"Today we're announcing that Google Stadia is becoming a part of Google Nest Drive Home. While we're happy that players were able to find a sense of pride and achievement in paying us for games they don't own every month, we weren't able to find profitability on this service. As such, we're shifting to a new model where we streaming ad-laden tax software, effective immediately. Users will not be able to download their save games and quite frankly we were idiots to think we could make a go of this anyway."

--Press Release in two years max, probably

News Comments > Borderland 3 Reviews

14. Re: Borderland 3 Reviews Sep 9, 2019, 14:19 Graham

The Pitchford Factor™ means anything less than "this game literally cures cancer and may actually be the digital equivalent of the Philospher's Stone" puts this on the shelf until it's about $10 on sale.

Destiny 2 is filling my looter-shooter quotient, I don't need Epic-game-store-exclusive stuff, especially with Randy attached.

Sorry to the rest of the folks at Gearbox, but yeah.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2019, 14:10 Graham

Dilbert stopped being funny a long time ago.  

News Comments > Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free

1. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 13:37 Graham

Nah, I'm good.  

News Comments > On Destiny's Destiny

10. Re: On Destiny's Destiny Jan 18, 2019, 19:30 Graham

I've had more fun in the Destiny universe than in any other game. Nothing you grumpy malcontents say will change that.

And let's face it, most of you hate fun anyway. Comments on this site hating a game usually indicates, uniformly, that it's going to be pretty good.

News Comments > Law Firm "Investigates" On Behalf of Activision Blizzard Investors

10. Re: Law Firm Jan 14, 2019, 19:07 Graham

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 14:48:
"I bought your stock and then you made a business decision that made that stock go down and NOW I LOST MONIES AND I SHOULD NEVER LOSE MONIES IN INVESTING AND GODDAMMIT PRESIDENT TRUMP SAID WE'RE WINNING WHY AM I NOT WINNING LAWSUIT GROOWWWWLLL!!!"

Rolleyes

That's a stunningly accurate representation of the few Trumpsters that are left in my social circle.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2019, 17:12 Graham

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 16:27:
On the other hand, as Cutter points out, it's not like if you go to the hospital and need blood that you are going to get it for free.

Almost every non-American reading this is thinking "...actually, yes I will."

I had my tonsils out last year - which, at an age that is typically considered advanced for that procedure, was risky as fuck.

And sure enough, I nearly bled out twice during recovery.

Know how much the whole procedure cost me, including two trips to the ER after?

Less than $100, including medication - and most of that was the ambulance ride.

Your for-profit system is absolute madness.

News Comments > John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad

24. Re: John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad Dec 10, 2018, 18:33 Graham

Squirmer wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 16:36:
How are you people criticizing him for a passion project to celebrate the 25th anniversary of one of the most significant games ever made? Something wrong with you all.

Yeah, I'm a little disgusted with the response here. The guy puts out a bunch of free content to celebrate one of the reasons this website even exists and all we get is bitching.

You people suck.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2018, 18:48 Graham

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 11:27:
Does any other phone "throttle" like apples?
When is that amazing battery tech gonna reach the consumer?

It has been revealed that literally every other manufacturer has been doing the same thing. The point of the matter was that if your battery was old enough your phone would shut off when doing things that drew too much power. That was a serious safety issue - call 911 in an area with bad signal and an old battery wouldn't have the juice to do it. The idiotic thing is that no one (Apple, Samsung, LG) thought to tell their customers that this is why they were doing it or that this is what was happening.

Long story short: batteries die. Get it replaced at a repair shop or do it yourself.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2018, 18:46 Graham

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 17:51:
Apple to customers: "FUCK YOU. Upgrade yearly!"

Wanna break that down or do you just have a pithy comment with no real substance?

The iPhone 5s is 5 plus years old now. It just got a software update that makes it faster. So... you're kind of both off base AND full of shit at the same time.

News Comments > Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews

3. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 19, 2018, 12:17 Graham

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 10:16:
Gaming at 4k will not see any noticeable advantages with these chips, but they carry a massive price premium. Seems like a Ryzen (for gaming) or even a Threadripper(for content creation) is a better bet for most people if they have moved on to 4k.

I've been an Intel guy pretty much my entire life.

My current system has a Ryzen 1600 and it spits out 4K/60 just fine in most games. Can't justify the bunnysuit premium anymore.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 20:03 Graham

Super challenging series to shoot considering the time span involved; a lot like Altered Carbon you're not going to have a hero carry the show through the entire series of books. It'll be interested in see how they try to tell a story that's detailed at the micro-scale and needs you to be paying attention for the macro-scale stuff to make sense. I'll watch, for sure.  

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat

27. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 14:42 Graham

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 12:24:
Perfect example. Day after Germany lost I was in the store and bought some sauerkraut. I joke with the woman at the counter, 'What do you call an unhappy German? A 'sour kraut'. Making a pun about their loss and what I was buying. She looks at me and says 'That's not very nice. That's pretty racist.' To which I reply, 'Really? And what race are our Teutonic friends?' She gives me a dumb cow look. 'What race are the Germans?' She shrugs, 'Ok not nice than.' 'Bigoted is the word you're looking for.' I tell her. Dumb cow look yet again. 'Well you should just be nicer to people.' says she. 'No, you should learn to lighten the fuck up.' I tell her and then add, 'Tell that to the 10s of millions of people murdered by them in WW1 & 2. and they'll tell you where you can go.'

I've gotta give you props. I thought you were just a jerk online!

News Comments > Sunday Patches

1. Re: Sunday Patches Jul 1, 2018, 18:03 Graham

I enjoy that a patch and a hot fix are being reported together. What a time to be alive.  

259 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >