Total Posts
7326 (Guru)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

7326 Comments. 367 pages. Viewing page 23.
Newer [  1    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    367  ] Older

Re: Into the Black
Sep 10, 2021, 10:31
Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2021, 10:31
Sep 10, 2021, 10:31

Electric all wheel drive high performance cars are going to smoke any ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicles (that are road legal). Too much torque, too much acceleration, especially for a motorcycle that's going to wheelie up. ICE cars or trucks, aside from maybe Hoonigan style super alcohol monsters, are going to lose to these electric vehicles too.

Re: Get Nioh: The Complete Edition and Sheltered for Free
Sep 10, 2021, 10:21
Re: Get Nioh: The Complete Edition and Sheltered for Free Sep 10, 2021, 10:21
Sep 10, 2021, 10:21

Wow, the EGS freebies have overtaken my low priority wishlist, I hadn't even gotten around to buying this on Steam yet.

*EDIT* Dammit, this is the first one, not Nioh 2... curses, I had bought this on sale on Steam at some point.

Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month
Sep 9, 2021, 15:12
Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month Sep 9, 2021, 15:12
Sep 9, 2021, 15:12

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2021, 22:41:
I'll get it if there's a speed setting. Default speed looks to frenetic and stressful for me to have a good time.

The demo is still on Steam and GoG I believe, if you want to try it out. It looks way faster in this video, or at least zoomed in way too close. Zoom out, shoot guys long range, plus let your towers do most of the work!

Or plant mines and other traps and let the massed enemies run onto them, etc. This video makes the game look like more of an isometric shooter, when it's (or at least the demo seems) like it's about 50% that and 50% base building/static defense.

Offtopic: I've been playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous whenever I have free time and it's... amazing. And Infuriating. And insanely complex. It's awesome. I don't know if I can recommend it enough, to people who like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale or Pathfinder Kingmaker, etc.

Re: Matrix Resurrections
Sep 9, 2021, 15:03
Re: Matrix Resurrections Sep 9, 2021, 15:03
Sep 9, 2021, 15:03

Well, remake/reboot/sequel, I'm down regardless, since it's coming day one to HBO Max! I am certainly interested to see what they want to do with it after 20 years or so, besides making money, I mean.

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Launch Timing Specified
Sep 9, 2021, 15:00
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Launch Timing Specified Sep 9, 2021, 15:00
Sep 9, 2021, 15:00

christheshitter wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 14:10:
Personal stash in multiplayer is going to destroy D2R. The new team is destroying the vision of Blizzard North.

That's probably way easier on their servers than having people repeatedly join and drop out of games to move stuff between mules, and/or create multiple empty game instances per player for moving gear.

Re: Battling Bugs
Sep 9, 2021, 14:59
Re: Battling Bugs Sep 9, 2021, 14:59
Sep 9, 2021, 14:59

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 14:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 13:30:
I wonder what part of this game actually works without issues?

Charging for microtransactions.

*Ba Dumm Tssssh!*

Re: AMD Far Cry 6 and Resident Evil Village Game Bundle
Sep 9, 2021, 14:56
Re: AMD Far Cry 6 and Resident Evil Village Game Bundle Sep 9, 2021, 14:56
Sep 9, 2021, 14:56

Interesting, my new desktop is all AMD. I wonder if it's worth the price of those two games to jump through the assorted hoops to get them?

*EDIT* BULLSHIT, only a few selected retailers for new comps. Bleh.

Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month
Sep 8, 2021, 11:15
Re: The Riftbreaker Next Month Sep 8, 2021, 11:15
Sep 8, 2021, 11:15

Sweet, I've had this in my wish list for like a year; the demo was great, hopefully the full game is awesome!

Re: El Salvador - Bitcoin foolishness
Sep 6, 2021, 20:24
Re: El Salvador - Bitcoin foolishness Sep 6, 2021, 20:24
Sep 6, 2021, 20:24

I am never going to understand why people keep trying to use these cryptocoins as actual currency... when the value fluctuates that much, it's simply not valid to use as a day to day currency, let alone a way to pay workers. How fucking pointless does work become if your pay can lose 50% of it's value in an hour? Scammers will get rich off this, people with fewer financial resources will suffer.

That's ignoring how energy intensive and SLOW Bitcoin is for transactions. Hopefully people will learn from this, but of course, based on the past 5 years or so, it's safe to say they won't.

Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment"
Sep 6, 2021, 20:18
Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment" Sep 6, 2021, 20:18
Sep 6, 2021, 20:18

yonder wrote on Sep 6, 2021, 19:48:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 6, 2021, 15:21:
Not too surprising, given Paradox's upper management directive to DLC the shit out of every game beyond all sense of decency or even shame.

Yes, because using non-required DLC to fund free updates for years upon years always directly correlates to sexual misbehavior.

Man... I was I was capable of being this simplistic. Life must be much easier that way.

I used to engage people who shared this idiotic perspective on PDX's DLC policy and, almost without fail, helped them understand why it's a great way to do business.

But I'm just mentally exhausted and, if someone STILL has this opinion after all these years, they're either incredibly defense or they just get off on blind hatred.

Either way, pity is the only reaction they get from me anymore.

I guess attempted humor really doesn't translate well through text, but please don't add 2+2 to get 37.

Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment"
Sep 6, 2021, 15:21
Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment" Sep 6, 2021, 15:21
Sep 6, 2021, 15:21

Not too surprising, given Paradox's upper management directive to DLC the shit out of every game beyond all sense of decency or even shame.

Re: Alan Wake Remastered October Date Spied
Sep 5, 2021, 17:00
Re: Alan Wake Remastered October Date Spied Sep 5, 2021, 17:00
Sep 5, 2021, 17:00

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 5, 2021, 16:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 5, 2021, 15:59:
Interesting, but there's no going back to Flashlight boy after being a super hero in Control.

Since I have never played Alan Wake, I am looking forward to it to get more context of how it intersects with Control.

Did you finish Control yet? I am... close to the end (?) and there is a tidbit in one of the DLCs that's pretty interesting in regards to Alan Wake, but going back to playing Alan Wake after Control isn't going to improve the overall story much, unless they plan to modify the Remastered Alan Wake to be 'post Control' or something. Which makes perfect sense for that universe, really.

Re: Star Citizen Ship Disclaimer Added
Sep 5, 2021, 16:01
Re: Star Citizen Ship Disclaimer Added Sep 5, 2021, 16:01
Sep 5, 2021, 16:01

El Pit wrote on Sep 5, 2021, 02:01:

There is no game but just a very early alpha which is more proof of concept than an actual game. But instead of a proof of a working concept it is really a proof of a failed concept because it shows why this will never be a working game. It would take decades to get finished. The features they want to add are beyond belief - this is a tomb of ideas, intentions, and features. And even the tomb will be in eternal alpha and only partially functional.

Excellent post! I will now internally and publicly refer to Star Citizen as the Tomb of Ideas.

Re: Alan Wake Remastered October Date Spied
Sep 5, 2021, 15:59
Re: Alan Wake Remastered October Date Spied Sep 5, 2021, 15:59
Sep 5, 2021, 15:59

Interesting, but there's no going back to Flashlight boy after being a super hero in Control.

Re: Rainbow Six Siege AFK Abuse Crackdown
Sep 5, 2021, 15:47
Re: Rainbow Six Siege AFK Abuse Crackdown Sep 5, 2021, 15:47
Sep 5, 2021, 15:47

Rhett wrote on Sep 4, 2021, 18:01:
Such a good game people are AFKing instead of playing.

Anytime people are progressing in a game by afk, I take it as a sign to avoid that game, or that it's probably time to uninstall it, if I have been playing normally.

Re: $20K The Witcher Painting
Sep 3, 2021, 18:42
Re: $20K The Witcher Painting Sep 3, 2021, 18:42
Sep 3, 2021, 18:42

Not my favorite art style, but if you're getting the original, it makes sense for the price to be that high. Prints, meh, I feel their print prices are a bit high. That also doesn't indicate that the $20,000 version is actually the original, just a limited (1) signed version. Ripoff.

Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released
Sep 3, 2021, 18:39
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released Sep 3, 2021, 18:39
Sep 3, 2021, 18:39

PHJF wrote on Sep 3, 2021, 18:35:
I rolled a melee ranger for myself... a demon hunter. Seemed like a no-brainer given the game is supposedly about fighting an army of demons?

There you go, planning something.

I was on a roll for awhile since I last posted, my team is level 5, steamrolling everything, now all of a sudden, the unkillable locust swarms are back, even AoE does 1 damage to them while they hit back for like 30x3. I could maybe understand it if they were alone, but they are with a level 13 cleric, some armor removing demons, and trash cambians(cambions?) very annoying little room. This has got to be getting close to the end of the chapter. At best I'm going to have to rest and use up all spells for fan of flames or some other aoe crap, but they are not taking a whole lot of damage.

*EDIT* Did some reddit reading, apparently the everburning torches do good damage to locust swarms, I'll try that when I get home to play again. A little lame that the alchemy potion bombs do 1 damage though.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2021, 01:17.

*EDIT 2* Ugh, keep forgetting this is Pathfinder, not D&D, clerics need to burn feats to wear decent armor. UGH. I'm into the army stage of the game, rolling along pretty smoothly now though. Once you start getting decent items (plus certain plot elements) the game gets a lot easier. Not sure how timed the army segment is, this could be more annoying than the kingdom strategic layer from the first game.

Sep 3, 2021, 13:15
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released Sep 3, 2021, 13:15
Sep 3, 2021, 13:15

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2021, 04:05:
Switch to turn based for fights that give you trouble mate. Or just say which map you mean specifically because I can definitely give you some guidance if you want it. At least as far as Dredsen Siege.

I give you some "free" hints just so
Do not enable XP sharing unless you want to go 100% on every side mission and you literally do every quest.

If you enabled Enhanced enemies and Advanced AI on Core rules then good luck with restarting There is a reason those settings are default off. The game is HARD even on Casual with 60% less damage because you start with low level and fight stuff that is 5 levels above you. And demons with multi-attack or even just normal water elementals are no joke even with that reduction. When you see enemies hit for 20 damage at 60% reduction it makes you wonder what part of this difficulty setting is "casual" ;p

Also I feel like mentioning, I literally had 5 of 6 dead party members on the defense mission in act 1 - on CASUAL. And I was already adapting them to fit my playstyle better at that point. It's insane how difficult some fights can get if you get unlucky rolls or it just overwhelms you.

Yeah, the game is definitely difficult, although I've probably screwed myself a bit with my custom settings: no damage penalties, no hp penalties, no ability penalties (all for the enemy stats), shared experience (everybody levels up even out of party), no auto leveling(I really don't know pathfinder well enough to have chosen this ) and I have read no guides, watched no previews, no beta playthroughs.

I did turn off perma death though, just so it's not a constant trek to get guys revived. Definitely seems to be a lack of frontline fighter types, so far I've found only the one paladin who can wear heavy armor, and I do have a zen archer monk who can reasonably stand in front. I tried out my PC as Battle Singer Skald(junk, maybe on a second or third playthrough I will be able to do that class), Gendarme Cavalier (actually hilariously fun with the horse, but full damage enemies were gibbing the horse in 1 second, definitely going to do a second playthrough with that class), Grenadier Alchemist (fucking awesome, but made my party way too squishy), and now finally back to Tower Shield Fighter, who I am going to go full tank the whole way with, unless I find a godly NPC tank somewhere.

I am enjoying the game, and it seems like there is a ton of content. Please no spoilers, thanks for the tips. Nothing seems to save you from an unlucky roll though, every now and then somebody just gets hit for about 70+ damage and they are gone. I have gotten to level 4 and have finally found or killed some enemies and acquired their better weapons and armor, as well as a certain sentient... thing, that's making the game easier. I am just going to barrel ahead with this playthrough, whatever happens, happens. My PC is chaotic good, and definitely living up to the chaos part of that. Was that a good quest choice? I hope so, because it's already been made and we're over here now, setting fire to this building!

Awesome game, for those wondering. But definitely NOT a forgiving game. I desperately hope somebody makes a full respec for NPCs mod eventually, so I can use that my second playthrough. I love the dialogue of the party members so far, but holy shit, did we seriously need ANOTHER cleric in this game that can't wear armor, and literally has 7 strength?! Owlcat fucking hates clankers, that's all I can figure. The only good NPC tanks are ones that (so far) cannot join your party!

*EDIT* Also, no major bugs so far, a couple display/area change bugs that got resolved with moving the camera around, and one UI bug that's minor and can just be cancelled out of (sometimes you can select an individual teammate power if you drag select a group, and your mouse ends up near the UI bar at bottom.

I was psyched it was Demons this time, instead of stun spamming elves, but what the hell, I guess most games don't give the demons their full powers (immunities across the board, resistances across the board, level drain, mind control, etc. etc.) and off course everything needs to be cold iron. It makes all these masterwork items everywhere just merchant fodder.

Sep 2, 2021, 22:46
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released Sep 2, 2021, 22:46
Sep 2, 2021, 22:46

Cutter -> my guys were literally level 3, and the highest enemy is level 8 or something. Sleep does nothing, plus the defenders dying = lose the quest, and they die like immediately. It seems to be scripted that way though, it may almost be a bug that you can kill as many of the enemies as I am killing now, but of course more just keep spawning in. Attrition wise I am 95% convinced now you are supposed to lose that battle and fail that particular quest. Losing that battle and continuing on seems like the only choice? Not sure yet. Plenty of dialogue post-loss indicates the battle is maybe unwinnable, or at least a valid path for the game to progress into.

So far the companions are... less than optimal. I am thinking about redoing my character completely, tried him as a Skald Battle Singer at first, but that got changed to Tower Shield Fighter, but unless I've missed some obvious loot pickups, even 30 AC on that fighter is pointless so far vs the demons. I am curious if I should just go all offense and AoE, a lot of trash enemies in every area it seems like, and so far nothing can last tanking at all. Probably why the default setting is weaker enemy crits and weaker enemy hp/damage. The game started out great, now I'm just getting pissed off, but of course I've been playing on and off all day, definitely making poorer decisions now. Time to go get some exercise or something.

Sep 2, 2021, 21:14
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released Sep 2, 2021, 21:14
Sep 2, 2021, 21:14

I have this via GoG, it's pretty awesome, but I am not sure if I have run into a bug or just the nature of the game is failed quests. My guys are level 3, and they have to fight literally 50+ enemy NPCs of all classes plus a few Fiendish monsters, and it seems like that fight just shouldn't occur that early. I may try to tweak the options some, I'm playing on normal, normal crits, normal enemy abilities and hp, etc. but literally the screen is filled with enemy trash soldiers and a few giant monsters, and my intro party can't stop them from killing the friendly npcs and stay alive. Annoying, it's about 6 hours in to the game too.

This is the first battle that seems either bugged or just showing up way too early. Also, I have around 8 quests that have to be done 'in this chapter or they fail' so... hrm. That said, the character creation system is amazing, although it seems like the enemies demand perfect tanks and perfect ranged/magic users way back out of the way to defeat. Hybrids and hybrid-ish classes seem to be an utter joke, at least at this low level. I'm going to remake my main pc as a tower shield tank and see if it's at least possible to distract the mass enemies or something.

7326 Comments. 367 pages. Viewing page 23.
Newer [  1    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    367  ] Older